will sothis be able to use the sword of the creator?

If sothis is playable, do you think she will be able to use the sword of the creator? She seems to have a connection to it and her character art depicts her holding it in a fashion that almost displays ownership, I think it would be pretty cool if plot relevant stuff like that was taken into account, like how in awakening marth could use falchion, but not have stupid crap like lucina's sibling not being able to use falchion.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
clarification

She certainly looks like there's some connection, but honestly I am not sure if Sothis is even playable at this point. We know she talks to Byleth in his head, and while we saw her in his room and as a requirement for a paralogue, that doesn't exclude the fact that she may only be a projection/spirit that only Byleth can see and interact with.

A little unrelated, but since you brought the sword up, do you know what I have noticed? Byleth's sword is missing the crest stone. Every single legendary bone weapon we've seen has a crest stone attached to it. In every single scene that Byleth or Nemesis wield the sword, it's hilt is hollow. However, there is one scene where the crest stone is present, it's in the first trailer where Seiros hugs the sword. Could Sothis actually be connected to the missing crest stone?

Edited by Zoderos

15 minutes ago, Zoderos said:

She certainly looks like there's some connection, but honestly I am not sure if Sothis is even playable at this point. We know she talks to Byleth in his head, and while we saw her in his room and as a requirement for a paralogue, that doesn't exclude the fact that she may only be a projection/spirit that only Byleth can see and interact with.

A little unrelated, but since you brought the sword up, do you know what I have noticed? Byleth's sword is missing the crest stone. Every single legendary bone weapon we've seen has a crest stone attached to it. In every single scene that Byleth or Nemesis wield the sword, it's hilt is hollow. However, there is one scene where the crest stone is present, it's in the first trailer where Seiros hugs the sword. Could Sothis actually be connected to the missing crest stone?

In the current trailer, we see the Crest manifests in Byleths sword, where he goes super sayan

2 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

In the current trailer, we see the Crest manifests in Byleths sword, where he goes super sayan

All I see is some light forming over there, but yeah it could be the crest stone.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If sothis is playable, do you think she will be able to use the sword of the creator? She seems to have a connection to it and her character art depicts her holding it in a fashion that almost displays ownership, I think it would be pretty cool if plot relevant stuff like that was taken into account, like how in awakening marth could use falchion, but not have stupid crap like lucina's sibling not being able to use falchion. 

I am pretty sure that Lucina's siblings could use Falchion but choose not to since they view it as responsibility to lead others.

I'm pretty sure that Sothis won't be able to use it if she's playable, even if storywise she could. It's clearly been promoted as Byleth's sword. If she is playable, Sothis's gimmick will probably be manakete abilities, which could be SUPER interesting in this game, what with multiple space giant units with multiple health bars.

That'd be too smart from them. Remember Awakening and Fates "Other units could use legendary weapons being related to them and stuff... but we won't make it so because we're such good games, we're lazy and make stupid mistakes." 😛

But isn't the Sword literaly bound to Byleth, his bloodline, his Kaiser form, anyways ? We're not even sure of Sothis' relationship to the sword.

I say that, but it'd be cool if she could actually wield it if story-wise... she could.

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

I'm pretty sure that Sothis won't be able to use it if she's playable, even if storywise she could. It's clearly been promoted as Byleth's sword. If she is playable, Sothis's gimmick will probably be manakete abilities, which could be SUPER interesting in this game, what with multiple space giant units with multiple health bars.

Huh, kind of crazy how such good idea completly went past my head. I mean, it make senses, you have giant ennemies, why not giant allies ?

Lucina's support with her sibling is literally all about how only some members of the bloodline can use it and her sibling is among those who can't (or rather they think they're among those who can't). And I'm pretty sure the Fates weapons only chose one user at a time? At least that's how I remember it but I can't remember anywhere where it's explicitly stated.

23 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

That'd be too smart from them. Remember Awakening and Fates "Other units could use legendary weapons being related to them and stuff... but we won't make it so because we're such good games, we're lazy and make stupid mistakes." 😛

But isn't the Sword literaly bound to Byleth, his bloodline, his Kaiser form, anyways ? We're not even sure of Sothis' relationship to the sword.

I say that, but it'd be cool if she could actually wield it if story-wise... she could.

Huh, kind of crazy how such good idea completly went past my head. I mean, it make senses, you have giant ennemies, why not giant allies ?

That's hardly just an Awakening and Fates thing, though. For example, in the Tellius games, only Ike can use Ragnell despite there being nothing special letting him use it while only Elincia can use Amiti despite the fact that a certain other character should be able to as well. Besides, the way they described the Hero Relics in Treehouse implies that other characters with the crest should be able to use the weapon (IE Lysithea should be able to use the Thunder).

I do agree that having Sothis being a giant unit would be great, though.

I think Sothis' default class will either be in dragon form all the time or do the Laguz thing of switching in and out as a specific command. Otherwise you would either have to deal with the weirdness of a little girl not fitting into single-tile corridors or the awkwardness of what happens if she gets attacked in a single-tile corridor. There's thus a good chance that Sothis' default class can't wield regular weapons, but there's no reason why you can't reclass her into something that can. as long as she has the Crest of Flames (which it looks like she does) then she shold be able to use the Sword of the Creator in any sword-wielding class.

4 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

That's hardly just an Awakening and Fates thing, though. For example, in the Tellius games, only Ike can use Ragnell despite there being nothing special letting him use it while only Elincia can use Amiti despite the fact that a certain other character should be able to as well. Besides, the way they described the Hero Relics in Treehouse implies that other characters with the crest should be able to use the weapon (IE Lysithea should be able to use the Thunder).

Amiti is the blade of the royal family of the Royal House of Crimea.  This means that

Spoiler

the other playable member of the Crimean Royal family, Renning, can also wield Amiti and its glorious brave weapon properties.  

It's things like this and Marth being able to wield the Falchions that make me think it's possible other characters might be able to wield the sword of the creator if you get anyone else playable who actually has the major crest of flames (assuming it is possible for two major crests to co-exist simultaneously, which I don't think is a given - it might be that the major crest manifests in someone with a minor crest when the previous holder dies, explaining why so few characters, including the main lords, have major crests in the school phase).  This could be Sothis, Geralt, Byleth's mother, the revived Nemesis or who knows who else. 

Then again, the series has had a decidedly mixed record on such things so who knows.  

6 hours ago, Onestep said:

This would be so cool, dragons finally properly represented in size on the map, and not tiny one tile dragons. Also, making them inherently stronger than normal units and taking multiple deployment slots to deploy. 

2 hours ago, Zoderos said:

This would be so cool, dragons finally properly represented in size on the map, and not tiny one tile dragons. Also, making them inherently stronger than normal units and taking multiple deployment slots to deploy. 

Seiros, Rhea, Seteh, Flayn are also possibly playable manaketes.

Seiros is pretty much confirmed to be a manakete in the recent trailer, but not sure if she will be present in the game;

three others all shared traditional manakete designs, with their ears covered under hair.

Edelgard might also have dragon blood from Seiros, but I don't feel her line was strong enough to transform.

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Umm...no?

I mean so far we haven't see any image of Seiros in the present day, all the cutscene were from her fighting Nemesis a few hundred years ago.

Maybe she's dead, or has departed from the land. If she's still alive, it makes one wonder why she's not active ruling the empire or the church like Mila did.

Of course maybe she's sleeping/sealed away like Tiki or Idunn was.

2 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I mean so far we haven't see any image of Seiros in the present day, all the cutscene were from her fighting Nemesis a few hundred years ago.

Maybe she's dead, or has departed from the land. If she's still alive, it makes one wonder why she's not active ruling the empire or the church like Mila did.

Of course maybe she's sleeping/sealed away like Tiki or Idunn was.

You still haven't explained why the hell you think the recent trailer somehow confiremd her being a manakete.

7 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

You still haven't explained why the hell you think the recent trailer somehow confiremd her being a manakete.

Ah? Her eyes changed into the "dragon eye" that's unique to manakete in the series while fighting Nemesis? Just like Mila in SoV?

Or the fact she shares the very traditional design of manakete with Naga, Tiki, or Mila, and seemly ability to slow down time since the first trailer? While serving as head of church in a religion that worships dragons?

34 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Ah? Her eyes changed into the "dragon eye" that's unique to manakete in the series while fighting Nemesis? Just like Mila in SoV?

Or the fact she shares the very traditional design of manakete with Naga, Tiki, or Mila, and seemly ability to slow down time since the first trailer? While serving as head of church in a religion that worships dragons?

The eye thing could just dramatisize(?) Tha she focused on something. While there was a Dragon in the trailer, with the Seiros Crest, I don't think she's a Manakete/holy dragon. And even if, she's long dead, unless resurrected Nemesis will randomly resurrect her. 

10 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

The eye thing could just dramatisize(?) Tha she focused on something. While there was a Dragon in the trailer, with the Seiros Crest, I don't think she's a Manakete/holy dragon. And even if, she's long dead, unless resurrected Nemesis will randomly resurrect her. 

That was a perfectly slit, lizard eye, I don't know how you could argue otherwise. 

15 minutes ago, timon said:

I mean Seiros is a goddess, and this is fire emblem, goddesses are usually dragons. Also dragon wings circlet, greenish hair, lizardy eyes, I don't know what more there could be really.

I am sure she isn't a goddess. She is being refered to as "Divine Seiros, who received a revelation from the Goddess". The difference is pretty clear I think. However, she could be a manakete or at the very least someone who is related to dragons and displays some of their abilities.

21 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

Ragnell is literally a Prf weapon like his Regal Blade, just like Marth as a Rapier, while Amiti is... well, what Dystopian said. Even though so far, there wasn't some blood pact involved.

I was mostly mocking Awakening and Fates, since despite the so called customization of the kids, they can't wield the legendary weapons they should be able to wield. Which is retarded. Don't even try to say "DLC" they don't count.

14 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Seiros, Rhea, Seteh, Flayn are also possibly playable manaketes.

Huh, why ? Seiro, okay, I see it, but why the other ?

2 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

I mean, it resembles Milla's when she was starting to go coo-coo.