Eurogamer Spain 9 Minute Preview

Iria

On the topic of „stealing“ characters. Lyithea is recruitable to other houses if you have high enough skills in faith and mag. You can see it at around 5:43 in this video: 

I hope this is the right thread to write this.

1 minute ago, Iria said:

On the topic of „stealing“ characters. Lyithea is recruitable to other houses if you have high enough skills in faith and mag. You can see it at around 5:43 in this video: 

I hope this is the right thread to write this.

Oh this is very interesting!

10 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Sounds like the only one that might have known Byleth personally prior to all this, then.
OTP confirmed, checkmate everybody

Er, you did?

Yeah.

(Leak talk, but nothing that isn't confirmed already)

thanibomb confused Alois with someone named Cyril, as in the man we know to be Alois was called Cyril by thanibomb.

Due to...other reasons that thani listed as well...once I saw that kid I figured he was gonna be Cyril and that thani just got confused. I would explain those reasons but I honestly don't know how to spoiler tag on here lmfao.

1 minute ago, ArsSanctum said:

Yeah.

(Leak talk, but nothing that isn't confirmed already)

thanibomb confused Alois with someone named Cyril, as in the man we know to be Alois was called Cyril by thanibomb.

Due to...other reasons that thani listed as well...once I saw that kid I figured he was gonna be Cyril and that thani just got confused. I would explain those reasons but I honestly don't know how to spoiler tag on here lmfao.

That would be the eye at the top right. Still, that explains most of it, then.

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

That would be the eye at the top right. Still, that explains most of it, then.

Spoiler

thanibomb mentioned that Cyril was from Almyra, and also mentioned that Claude is half-Almyran.

They look somewhat similar, don't they? Not siblings or relatives, but perhaps the same nationality...?

Thank you. Leak spoilers above.

I'm surprised Lysithea seems to be leaning more healer tbh. I always thought when they said she was a magical prodigy, she'd be more of an attacked than healer (since Marianne seems more healer). It is interesting though. It's also nice to know Lysithea is recruitable since she is one of the characters I want.

Cyril seems cute, I'd imagine he'll be recruitable after the time skip when he grows up. Don't know about Tomas tho lol.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm surprised Lysithea seems to be leaning more healer tbh. I always thought when they said she was a magical prodigy, she'd be more of an attacked than healer (since Marianne seems more healer). It is interesting though. It's also nice to know Lysithea is recruitable since she is one of the characters I want.

Cyril seems cute, I'd imagine he'll be recruitable after the time skip when he grows up. Don't know about Tomas tho lol.

Faith magic doesn't seem to just be healing magic, expect magic like Seraphim or Nosferatu to be offensive Faith spells.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Faith magic doesn't seem to just be healing magic, expect magic like Seraphim or Nosferatu to be offensive Faith spells.

Well yeah that is a possibility (and probably confirmed since we did see Nosferatu as a white magic spell) however it is predominantly healing magic and when I think magical prodigy, I don't think healer tbh especially considering the trope Lysithea is following being the young prodigy mage like Ricken, Hayato, Asbel, Merric etc.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Well yeah that is a possibility (and probably confirmed since we did see Nosferatu as a white magic spell) however it is predominantly healing magic and when I think magical prodigy, I don't think healer tbh especially considering the trope Lysithea is following being the young prodigy mage like Ricken, Hayato, Asbel, Merric etc.

I think she might be prodigous at all magic in general rather than the Merric who tends to lean towards Wind magic. Lysithea has been seen to be able to use dark magic so her Reason learnset is probably quite diverse; and due to her personal she'll be able to learn a lot of spells quickly. She looks great in the Priest/Bishop uniform too.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Damn, that mission description at 2.46. Holy shit, does that tie into what we saw at the end of the February trailer? No freaking way.

I never actually noticed the battle description and wow... That will certainly be an interesting map with the Blue Lions

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I never actually noticed the battle description and wow... That will certainly be an interesting map with the Blue Lions

So this must be what they meant by differing perspectives on the story. Unless it was trailer only, we know the Black Eagles has the same map, and presumably Golden Deer as well. 

That makes two main story moments where Blue Lions family members are opponents in the main story. I think it's safe to assume the Black Eagles and Golden Deer won't escape unscathed from that either. Question is, how much will the main story change depending on your house at this stage in the game?

Just now, Thane said:

So this must be what they meant by differing perspectives on the story. Unless it was trailer only, we know the Black Eagles has the same map, and presumably Golden Deer as well. 

That makes two main story moments where Blue Lions family members are opponents in the main story. I think it's safe to assume the Black Eagles and Golden Deer won't escape unscathed from that either. Question is, how much will the main story change depending on your house at this stage in the game?

I doubt the story will change at all; the story will hit every beat that it does in other paths up until the timeskip; but the perspectives on each story beat will be changed; Sylvain will probably shed some light on his and his brother's past in the Blue Lions version while Edelgard will probably be angry that a family could disown somebody based on a Crest(which we know she hates).

So far we've really only seen people from Faerghus be hostile (sans the 5 nightcrawlers) so I'm hoping we get to see signs of hostility from Adrestia and Leicester too soon.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

So far we've really only seen people from Faerghus be hostile (sans the 5 nightcrawlers) so I'm hoping we get to see signs of hostility from Adrestia and Leicester too soon.

Are the Flame Emperor and Death Knight confirmed to be affiliated with the Nighcrawlers?

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Are the Flame Emperor and Death Knight confirmed to be affiliated with the Nighcrawlers?

I'm pretty that's what I read from Vincent's article but I may be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That or he dies and never manages to grow up. Killing the cute kid to raise the stakes is a pretty common trope. 

Honestly if they really are going for that darker plot, he's probably very dead but I'm hoping that maybe he'll be like Oifey.

Edited by Azz

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That or he dies and never manages to grow up. Killing the cute kid to raise the stakes is a pretty common trope. 

I have a feeling if they were going to killing the cute kid, he might have been more featured in earlier trailers. You know, to get us more attached to him before his inevitable demise? Since we only found Cyril in a glimpse of his name and face in trailers, I think he might be more of an Oifey or Shannan if he's playable. Considering we can at least feed him, the fact that he might be playable in the future seems likely.

26 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Edelgard will probably be angry that a family could disown somebody based on a Crest(which we know she hates).

Actually, let's not jump too early into the conclusion here. All we know was from one line without context in the first trailer a year ago. This quote could be very well taken out of the context/only appear in certain path/only applies to Edelgard during school phase..etc.

If we think about the grand scheme, Edelgard later became the empress herself, but Crest and Church are the foundation of the Empire, it was in fact only reason she became the Empress rather than some other Imperial family members. Denying the crest is basically denying her own authority and legitimacy to rule.

What a great find! It is neat seeing all the animals roaming around. We have cats, dogs, and now owls. 

Seeing all the new faces makes me wonder if we will get a dancer/ bard type character. So far, this class has been curiously absent, but perhaps it is a special class only accessible to a certain character or characters. 

I think Cyril is going to make it through the time skip. He'll probably be a current student at the academy during the war phase.