Shipping thread

Just from what I've seen, I already have a few ideas for shipping.

Edelgard x Ferdinand (rivalries into romances are my jam!)

Linhardt x Bernadetta (antisocial dork and lazy dork together just seems to work)

Caspar x Dorothea (a very commoner-esque noble and an actual commoner will be sweet)

Felix x Ingrid (Ingrid is the protag of an otome game, and whenever I play them, I always go for the brooding bad boy loner)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since romance isn't nearly as imperative in this game as it is in Awakening (and Fates I guess), I'm probably gonna actually read supports and see who has the best chemistry between one another first before I start shipping. From the outset however, I like the idea of Ingrid with one of the Blue Lion royal trio since I'm a sucker for childhood friend romances (also I like the idea of Mercie and Lorenz due to their past however we'll have to see how Lorenz matures first).

23 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Edelgard x Ferdinand (rivalries into romances are my jam!)

From what little we know for now, I ship them too. The headcanon is going wild for those two. Although that is hard on me, because he is my only husbando material if the timeskip doesn't fix the guys to my taste. 

For now that is the only ship I have. Supports might change everything.

Glad to see other people supporting Edelgard x Ferdinand already <3 I like....shipped them ever since Ferdinand's bio got posted. 

Edited by Rose482

Raphael x food

Lorentz x grim reaper. 

Dimitri x Edelgard is very possible. They looked cute dancing together. I'm guessing Hubert might have some feelings for his lady. 

Edelgard x Ferdinant makes sense. Like others said its rivals becoming lovers. Also one's the future empress and the other the future chancellor. Makes sense politically. 

Claude x Hilda seems a good pair. Serra likely always wanted to become a (tyrannical) queen and her successor might just achieve that by marrying Claude who's certainly becoming Leicesters first king. 

Bernadetta x Silvain: Potentially if Silvain is more a cool protective big bro than a perv. The overly shy Bernie might need someone to watch over and protect her. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

27 minutes ago, Azz said:

..., I'm probably gonna actually read supports and see who has the best chemistry between one another first before I start shipping.

I have to agree with this. I'm having trouble getting into shipping mostly because we really only have had a small glimpse into the personalities of these students. After supports, I feel like I'll be in a better position to set up some solid romances between my students.

That being said, I am fond of a disaster Byleth being head over heels for Catherine. Does that count?

Everything is subject to change after the game comes out and I read the supports/see how the characters play off one another, but just based on the info we have now:

I also really like Felix x Ingrid for the exact same reason OP mentioned, haha.

Linhardt x Caspar (if possible) because they seem like a wholesome pair of bros, and Mercedes x Annette for the same reason

And I'll probably marry my Byleth x Dmitri if they can make the supports nice and not creepy. I just want to support him. ^^;;

Claude x Hilda, probably, based solely on appearances, but if they don't mesh well, I'm giving Raphael to Hilda instead.

Edelgard x Hubert, Ferdinand, or Dorothea, depending solely on supports because I'm interested in all of their dynamics.

Edited by Three Eyes

I will wait until we have more details, especially background on Byleth, Edelgard, Rhea and Serios.

It would be interesting if Byleth really was heir to Nemesis while Edelgard was to Serios, it would be like pairing Tiki with Robin, that the extreme of two sides seeking balance together.

Also need to know more about what happens. Really want to see how they turn out post timeskip.

But Edelgard x Dimitri. Dang this would have something even with everything that happens. I mean Ferdinand makes sense, but too much sense for me. 

Caspar x Mercedes seems to be about right, he has the quick temper and I can imagine her calming him down a bit.

Byleth x Manuela or Catherine. Manuela as a Fellow Teacher is still the choice for me, only seeing how the students turn out after post timeskip could change my mind. 

Not many ideas anymore, its just too early. 

I'm definitely leaning Ingrid/Sylvain as far as potential S supports go.

I would very much like to see some good supports for Edelgard/Petra, Caspar/Linhardt, and Dimitri/Felix (but I'm nowhere near optimistic enough to expect any of them to be shippable in game lol). 

Ingrid the otome game protagonist X Dimitri

Mercedes x Dedue

Petra x Hubert

Marianne x Claude

Raph x Leonie

Manuela x Hanneman (please)

M!Byleth x Hanneman (PLEASE)

If gay options aren't available, or I don't like any of the gay options, I'll go for M!Byleth x Manuela if she is recruitable. I like the fact that she's 'neutral' per se, and I'm not super keen on dating former students, but that's something I'll have to see how I feel about everyone after the timeskip.

Side note, but something I'm curious about is that Blue Lions has 5 males and 3 females, where the other houses are split 4/4. Do we know what implications this has for supports?

Spoiler

If Thani was right and Lysithea dies for real then the Golden Deer will be in the same boat, and the whole game will have 2 fewer women than men, which is odd given the Awakening style support system and lack of children

Edited by aaronarium

Because I am waiting for supports to really start shipping, this list is going to include a lot of people in several realtionships. Apologies for the lines not all lining up. I tried.

EdelgardxDimitri                              DmitrixByleth                              ClaudexHilda

EdelgardxLynhardt                           DimitrixIngrid                             RaphaelxLeonie

EdelgardxHubert                              IngridxFelix                                 HildaxRaphael

EdelgardxFerdinand                        SylvainxIngrid                             HildaxLorenz

DorotheaxCaspar                            SylvainxBernadetta                    MariannexClaude

DorotheaxFerdinand                       MercedesxAshe                         IgnatzxLysithea

CasparxBernadetta                         AshexBernadetta

BernadettaxLynhardt                      MercedesxDedue

AnnettexDedue

Awakening and Fates only had parity because of the children mechanic, and since 3H doesn’t have that mechanic then parity doesn’t doesn’t matter that much. Iirc, most of the other games have more male than female characters.

Edelgard x Dimitri because I love tragic romances

Dimitri x Claude because the E3 trailer gave me hurt comfort vibes

Any combination of Dimitri x Felix x Ingrid because I love childhood romances. On a related note, I would be very sad if you can recruit Felix and Ingrid away from BL since they seem pretty close to their leader. 

Bernadetta x Sylvain because the hint of Bernie having a crush on Sylvain is so cute, and I like shy girl x ladykiller in love turning tender 

Caspar x Lindhardt because of best friends to lovers and opposites attract

Mercie x An because of best friends to lovers, and I feel like Mercie likes taking care of An

5 minutes ago, Three Eyes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if what Thani said about Edelgard and Dmitri being stepsiblings is true.  If not, I'd definitely jump on the EdelgardxDmitri bandwagon.

I believe Thani said they weren't blood related, so it's still okay in my book!!!!!

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Since romance isn't nearly as imperative in this game as it is in Awakening (and Fates I guess), I'm probably gonna actually read supports and see who has the best chemistry between one another first before I start shipping.

I follow this train of thought as well. In Awakening and Fates, I paired characters based on chemistry (in my opinion) and personal taste. I didn't bother pairing for the best skills and stats. When I play Genealogy soon, I'll be doing the same. I don't care about OP stats. I care about relationships that might work. But... If everything goes well, I might pair my Avatar with Dimitri. It may be the next F!Robin x Chrom (my Awakening OTP).

Speaking of Chrom, do you think they're going to do unique supports for male and female Byleth like they did with male Robin and Female Robin for Chrom? That was partially why I couldn't every ship F!Robin and Chrom; because male Robin's supports with Chrom were just so much better!

4 hours ago, Azz said:

Since romance isn't nearly as imperative in this game as it is in Awakening (and Fates I guess), I'm probably gonna actually read supports and see who has the best chemistry between one another first before I start shipping. 

Going the same route. The only one I'm sure right now is BylethxDimitri in my canon run. 

Ferdinand x Dorothea (I keep imagining his family would threaten to cut him off for marrying a commoner. Personality-wise, a brash, headstrong man and a savvy yet self-conscious diva seem like fertile ground for romance. These two are a Jane Austen novel waiting to happen)

Edelgard x Hubert (He works in the shadows to ensure that his lady shines all the more brightly)

Sylvain x Ingrid (In Ingrid’s first playthrough of Lions in Winter she goes for the goofy jock type)

Dedue x Annette (The stalwart knight/butler/servant and the kindly busybody try their best to hold everybody together as things fall apart around them)

Lorenz x Hilda (Romcom of the century)

Ignatz x Marianne (A peace-loving artist meets a mysterious, shy recluse and they bond over their love of nature and beauty while he paints her portrait)

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Lorenz x Hilda (Romcom of the century)

I like this one too!  I'm worried I might not like both of them -- Lorenz's personality probably won't be something I like, and bratty characters tend to get on my nerves.  I'm hoping that their support focuses less on Lorenz "getting the girl" and more on him teaching her about his understanding of the importance of nobility, which I think is the far more interesting side of his personality.

Caspar x Edelgard is one I'm surprised I haven't seen yet.  I have high hopes for their support-- Caspar's sunny dedication to justice should play off Edelgard's "unreasonable ideas of justice" pretty well, I'm hoping.

I think Hubert x Marianne would also work out well.  I really think Hubert will shine in supports with people outside the Black Eagles house, and I think Marianne's general wholesomeness should contrast nicely with Hubert's cynicism.  I also think both are solidly introverted without being Bernadetta-level shut-ins.

I probably would only do it in a Golden Deer run, but I also think Raphael x Ingrid would be a fun one to try at one point.  I think Ingrid marrying a commoner would probably be better for her from a narrative perspective given the proposal in her mission with Dorothea.  Their bios so far are also kind of oddly similar?  They're both blond, they both incredibly serious about their training to become a knight, and I guess for both of them "likes food" is a major character trait.  He's probably more carefree and less intelligent than she is, but other than that...

But OTP is in my profile pic.

Edited by Xandest

Edelgard x Dimitri

Ingrid x Sylvain

Annette x Ashe (did you see how she looked at ashe in the feb trailer, she wants that determined cinnamon bun)

Claude x Hilda

Lorenz x Marianne

Raphael x Leonie

Eldegard x Dimitri (duh) 

M! Byleth x Catherine 

F! Byleth x Dorothea 

Bernardetta x Sylvain 

Lorentz x Leonie (Alternatively Lorentz x Bernardetta for Big Bang theory memes) 

Ingrid x Harem route (there have to be way to unlock it, right?)

Raphael x Annette 

6 hours ago, Three Eyes said:
  Hide contents

I wonder if what Thani said about Edelgard and Dmitri being stepsiblings is true.  If not, I'd definitely jump on the EdelgardxDmitri bandwagon.

Doesn't that make it even better? 

Edited by Tenzen12