Shipping thread

I am surprised no one put Raphael X Ignatz. They are both merchant's sons, and even have a common Paralogue. 

Ingrid X Everyone of course. But the Paralogue is just making Ingrid X Dorothy writes itself.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the supports too, but I've already some ships in mind, because they look perfect for each other.

Dimitri x Felix : I can't wait to see their supports, I guess it will be friendship-rivalry.
Dedue x Dimitri is bodyguard-who-dedicates-his-life-to-his-lord-but-is-a-commoner. d r a m a
Mercedes x Annette is a feel-good couple, they're so cute together.
I'm curious to see Caspar x Linhardt, it may be interesting. Like Caspar pushing Linhardt out of the bed for JUSTICE.
Dorothea x Ingrid : Since we saw Dorothea and Ingrid in a paralogue, I imagine Ingrid, the chilhood friend of three beautiful princes, who has her hand asked by thousand of gentilhommes, falling in love with a girl - and a commoner, nonetheless. d r a m a²

I'm so glad we are several to share the same ships. It makes them 50% more canon 😛

`For now, I`ve decided to just see what characters I want to support each other. Here`s a smal list:

Edelgard x Petra                                

Dorothea x Ferdinand

Linhardt x Caspar

Bernadetta x Caspar

F!Byleth x Dimitri

Ingrid x Felix

Ashe x Annette

Mercedes x Sylvain

Claude x Hilda

Ignatz x Marianne

Lorenz x Lysethia

Raphael x Leonie

Leonie x M!Byleth

Cathrine x M!Byleth

It's way too early for shipping for me but I am interested in the relationship between Edelgard and Hubert as well as Dimitri and Ingrid (classic lord x pegasus knight ship lol). And possibly Claude and Hilda. But yeah, I gotta play the game first. 

Since it appears safe to say that there's no children this time around and I won't have any hair colors to be anal about, I'll probably be a little lax with Shipping this time around until I see their relationships more clear in-game. 

Fates, I pretty much had to decide before the game even released who would get with who just for some good looking kids (went into Awakening blind so didn't have that luxury until the 2nd playthrough), so it'll be a nice chance of pace for once to be able to see the Supports as I go along first~

Definitely on the Caspar x Linhardt train. I don't expect IS to actually allow a masculine character to be an overt same-sex option, but it'll nonetheless be disappointing if it isn't an option. These two are already great together. 

I don't have many yet, since I haven't played the game. But a few I'm interested in:

Ashe x Bernadetta
Ashe x Lysithea
Claude x Marianne
Felix x Dimitri
Felix x Ingrid
Sylvain x Ingrid
Mercedes x Ingrid
Edelgard x Ingrid
Everyone x Ingrid I mean after the otome memes how can I not?

I've been really liking the idea of Linhardt x Caspar ever since Linhardts bio. I don't think they'll let it happen... But I really want it to be a thing.

I'm also liking Bernadetta x Sylvain and Mercedes x Annette. 

I think I'll need to see more interactions between characters to do any shipping but I can see why Ingrid x Felix/Sylvain/Dimitri and Linhardt x Caspar are getting popular.

I do hope that if there are gay characters, they won't just be gay for Byleth though...because doing that will just confirm that the gay options aren't there for representation but for fan service. 

It's pretty hard for me to decide on ships without any info on personalities or interactions to base them off of, so I'll have to wait until the game comes out to decide.

Hmm, If I had my way, I'd probably S-support people like Felix and Dimitri (while F!Byleth goes after Dorothea). Seeing as Intsys is very unlikely to allow for gay shipping that does not include the avatar, I'll just have to go with making the right (not-)breeding pairs between characters I plan on recruiting so far, so...

DimitrixEdelgard (should be a reasonable possibility)
F!BylethxFelix or Dorothea (if the leaks are correct. Being bisexual gives me a hard time choosing.)
SylvainxIngrid (Unlike others in this thread, I usually go for the lighthearted jokster that's usually a redhead)
AshexAnette or Bernadetta 
DeduexMercedes (I like to pair mature, motherly girls with gentle giants)
LinhardtxLysithea (Mostly a random thought, but I think she'd push him to work on things outside his crest obsession. Also sticking nerds together, with Linhardt's general laidback attitude making me comfortable about pairing him with the still a bit childish Lysithea)

personally i ship Edelgard x both byleth actually. the game pus them hard with previews. i guess it the sumia x chrom and Aqua x Corrin situation. I cant really ship anybody else since we don't know the anything about them but the three lord I can ship together if there a golden ending.

Edited by Mikethemaster2018

I like Ingrid x Felix. Gonna try to scout them both to Eagles.

I also think Edelgard have to has some kind of cruch with the teacher, right? Like, "promise me you wont forget me" and stuff... Would she say that just before the time skip? Theres gotta be something going on there. Either way, gonna romance her with M!Byleth.

Edited by Nio

• 3 months later...

Can this be revived? Like, the game came out now, so...

I’ll start by saying that I love Felix x Annette. I only realized this after seeing fan art of the two. Annette is also one of few people Felix is not a butt to.

Then there is Marianne x Ignatz. I shipped this since I saw their C-Support. Dimitri x Marianne is also good stuff.

My favourite pair in the game is probably Ingrid x Sylvain. While it comes mostly from fanart, I do really like their support. In many ways, it`s what I wished the Mae x Boey in Echoes was. They butt heads a lot, but clearly care about each other.

Annette x Felix is also pretty cute, though I prefer Annette x Ashe personally.

Dorothea x Ferdinand is another one I like. I`m also digging Lorenz x Marianne

I wouldn't say I have too many big pairings I super like, but a couple do stand out to me.

I like Ferdinand and Dorothea a lot. Their apparent history with each other plus the depth of their conversations really stood out to me.

Perhaps the biggest surprise for me was Raphael and Bernadetta. I really expected nothing when I saw they could support and it genuinely surprised me with how well done it was. Honestly, outside of Byleth himself, Raphael feels like the best partner for her. A guy with a big heart that supports her no matter what.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, berriicoco said:

It's way too early for shipping for me but I am interested in the relationship between Edelgard and Hubert as well as Dimitri and Ingrid (classic lord x pegasus knight ship lol). And possibly Claude and Hilda. But yeah, I gotta play the game first. 

Seeing how I answered this before the game was out, I wanna say that Claude and Hilda are definitely my favorite, along with Byleth and Dimitri. Other than that I don’t really care too much even if there are more cute ships. 

Dimitri x Edelgard

Spoiler
  • Cute CG of them dancing as kids
  • Dimitri reminisces about Edelgard after the ball
  • Edelgard said her first love was a noble from Fargus aka Dimitri
  • Forbidden Love
  • Dimitri penetrates Edelgard with his daddy's lance in Blue Lions Route, and Edelgard forces Dimitri give her head in CF, so they've got that kinky S&M thing going down.

All Joking aside, this is the romantic pairing I wish was in the game the most.

Other ships I like:

• Edelgard x Fem!Byleth (fan comics make me love this one a lot)
  • DimItri x Felix (not as a gay pairing, but as a super tight friendship. Their ending together was really heartwarming)
  • Dimitri x Ingrid
  • Bernadetta x Ignatz (surprised these two don't have a support together, their personalities are rather similar)
  • Sylvain x Dorothea
  • Claude x Hilda

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

Hmm, I really liked this game because the pairing felt a little more organic, and I sorta like the surprise at the end of who ended up together in ways I wouldn't expect. That said, I definitely have some couples I really like.

MexEdelgard. Hahah. I just ... adore Edelgard. Byleth is whatever, but I just agree with her methods/thoughts so much and I found myself totally in love with this pairing. 

Sylvain x Dorothea (or Felix). I absolutely loved Sylvain and Dorothea, but I do have a soft spot for my first run when Sylvain and Felix ended up together. I can't see Felix with a woman, so if I saw him with anyone, it would be Sylvain. But I think for me, Sylvain and Dorothea just won my heart over.

Caspar x Lindhart. I just adore their dynamic. They're clearly very close, and I think they both bring out good parts in each other, and they're always seen together which warms my heart.

Claude x Hilda (or Petra). Claude and Hilda I was surprised to fall in love with, but something about their dynamic just felt so organic and right to me. But on the edges of my vision was Claude and Petra. They both love/worship nature/the earth over the Goddess and I loved how their supports built on each other. I felt he would work so well with either.

Hubert x Ferdinand. I saw a lot of fan art, but didn't understand until I got to their supports and O.M.G. Best haters to lovers I've seen, I was so blown away by how they transition and Ferdinand's blushing with Hubert in their support was soooo adorable. And I can just see Edelgard being sooo annoyed at the two fo them, but secretly happy.

Ashe x Ingrid (as friends). I really, really loved their friendship and I can just see them being close for many, many years to come and so I enjoyed this. Too bad I had to recruit Ashe on my 'canon' playthrough and leave Ingrid to die. =( 

I think that's it. There's a lot of other people I like, but in terms of romance, I sorta just love the idea of a lot of them being friends and ending up with people a little bit better suited for them. But these specific couples just stood out to me as things I'd actually see happening. 

Claude x Hilda (they have sparks big time)

Edelgard x Hubert (because the Empress of Eagles could totally fuck her servant if she wants, who cares what the advisors say)

Dimitri x Ingrid (Ingrid goes well with Sylvain too, or Felix, but see the next one)

Sylvain x Dorothea (stick the hoe and the player together, if they can make it work then romance is not dead)

Ignatz x Bernadetta (antisocial nerds, slow burn but sweet)

Lorenz x Marianne (he was so sweet to her in their A support)

Raphael x Leonie (wild warrior love)

Linhardt x Lysithea (not much here other than how their ending is great and one of the sweetest ones for her)

Claude x Byleth - Honestly their relationship is pretty perfect. Not to couch on the other lord romances but I very much appreciate being treated as an equal rather than a mentor. Other than that, they're literally a team with each other to the end. GD literally had a meeting without them to talk about how great they are together. Okay, I actually have a lot more reasons but that would be an essay.

Dimitri x Flayn - Surprising, I know. It's one of the very few Flayn supports that actually has a wonderful support from beginning to end (another great one she has is with Manuela). While I didn't exactly feel Flayn was shippable with anyone given her circumstance, I found her supports with Dimitri to be deep and help characterize them on both sides with their inner worries. It's pretty wholesome tbh.
Dimitri x Edelgard - I'm a sucker for childhood friends, especially turned enemies. That and the dagger kind of sealed the deal on me with both of them having had crushes on each other as kids. (Note: They didn't know they were half-siblings. Edelgard never knew while Dimitri found out a year or two prior to the game).

Linhardt x Dorothea - Another surprise. I just found their support doing good for the both of them. Dorothea learning that what other people say doesn't change who she is as a person and Linhardt learning that you can't just always run away. They're very mature and have nothing but respect for the other, and I appreciate that. I think it would be (and is) a great relationship.

Ignatz x Maya(Raphael) - It's just sweet, okay? Maya is often referenced as being the one to jumpstart Ignatz's art career and her own one that it feels natural to have them together. Unlike the others, this is pretty sweet and simple.

Leonie x Felix: HA! I know right, didn't you see that Clown ending? It was hilarious but putting the end card behind (tbh, I'd have a lot more ships if the end card was put behind) I do appreciate how they mutually respect each other and their strength. Maybe not even shipping but I appreciate their bond nonetheless.

Edited by axlorg89
Bolding