Shipping thread

Oh dear. Where do I begin? I have so many ships already...

F!Byleth/Dimitri (Azure Moon), F!Byleth/Rhea (Silver Snow), F!Byleth/Claude (Verdant Wind), F!Byleth/Edelgard (Crimson Flower). Romance all the main characters!!!!!

Dorothea/Ferdinand

Marianne/Ignatz (I think it's a cute concept)

Leonie/Lorenz (Tough girl and blueblood snob? Yes please)

Flayn/Felix (Rarepair? I like it, though)

Bernadetta/Hubert He's actually not as ass to her, at least that I've seen), Bernadetta/Raphael

Annette/Caspar (It was cute when he cheered her up in C support. Have to continue!!)

Mercedes/Dedue (Azure Moon and Everyone Lives fanfic) I love their interactions.

Hilda/Claude (for a fic I'm writing since F!Byleth is with Rhea in it. Also I like them), Hilda/Cyril

Ingrid/Sylvain (Childhood friend romance and womanizer realizes that what he was looking for was there all along :P)

Petra/Ashe (I like their supports. He's such a nice guy, you can pair him with anyone), Petra/Dorothea (it's popular, I guess. I like it)

Lysithea/Linhardt (He's one of the people who can save her!!)

Catherine/Shamir (I think this one is obvious. C'mon they clearly have a connection)

Manuela/Seteth (They open a school and it's so precious!!! Also like they idea of the lonely dragon widower finding love again)

Edelgard/Dimitri (Tragic that it can only be done in fix-it fanfics), Edelgard/Hubert (The next best thing)

I have also read a very good Hubert/Ferdinand fic that takes place in BL route where Ferdie sided with Dimitri. They win the war and take Hubert prisoner instead of killing him. The tension and arguements between the two are amazing. Go read this if you like the ship! It's on AO3 and it's by Bohemienne (I think that's how that how the author spelled it).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fem Byleth x Seteth: He didn't trust her at first but reluctantly ends  failling for her. Also it adds another tone to  Byleth's dynamic with Flayn, making it really sweet considering that Byleth is her new mother figure. Also a long life span for the whole family. 

Fem Byleth x Dimitri: He seems to have feelings to her with her even outside supports 

Male Byleth x Shamir: Both emotionless badass mercenaries. Sheamir said she was interested on him first time she laid her eyes, and I like the idea of her on his side as a power couple

Claude x Shamir: I mentioned that I like the idea of queen Shamir? 

Dorothea x Manuela: yeah... both were desperately looking for a husband but they just needed each other all the time 

Flayn x Dimitri: their supports were really good and queen Flayn sounds nice 

I also enjoy fem Byleth x Dorothea, Mercedes and Edelgard; Hubert x Dorothea and Claude x Ingrid.  

Edited by Mylady

Some people here must not know that

Spoiler

Dimitri and Edelgard are actual stepsiblings. Putting them together is gross. You're saying it'd be perfectly normal for me to have gotten with one of my own stepbrothers? Just...NO.

Also, I'm surprised at how many Sylvain x Bernadetta answers there are here when I'm pretty sure the only women Sylvain can marry are Byleth, Ingrid, Mercedes, and Dorothea.

Anyway, for me:

Sylvain x female Byleth - Obviously, I completely adore the guy, so I totally wanted his S support. XD But I also really enjoyed it because of how much it dives into Sylvain's character and past. I felt so sorry for him that I just wanted to give him a big hug. And I also really really liked when he confessed his love at the Goddess Tower in the ball chapter and then said he was going to become a man she could trust. He has such an inner sweetheart in him! Plus he's also pretty hot. :3 Oh, and in his endings, he starts giving me Frederick vibes with the whole "gentle and doting husband and father" thing! 😄

Claude x Hilda - As Dragoncat pointed out, the sparks are SO there and they're also amusing. lol

Dimitri x Ingrid - I think this is the next best choice for Ingrid since I put Sylvain with Byleth. Childhood friend romance which I just about always dig!

Ashe x Annette - They're the A team! Hahaha... XD But in all seriousness, these two are so cute! Now that I think about them after recently getting into Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir too though, I actually get some Adrien/Marinette vibes from them as well and I absolutely adore those two (even if they also drive me and many other Miraculous fans crazy with their...ahem, romantic circumstances lol).

Ignatz x Maya - Raphael and Ignatz are friends for a long time, and what better way for them to be even closer in the end by having Iggs marry his best bud's sister? :3

Edited by Anacybele

I'm sensing some strong Arvis vibes in this thread

My Ships: Ashe/Linhardt (Ashe is like Caspar except not interuppting Lin's naps), Dimitri/Ingrid/Felix/Sylvain aka my ot4, Mercedes/Annette, Seteth/Oc (since I don't feel comfortable w any of his other ships), Hilda/Flayn, Hubert/Edelgard/Dorothea, Lorenz/Ferdinand and Bernadetta/happiness because my god she deserves it 

Claude and Petra

Outsiders from opposite ends of their world. Their union would do much for Claude's dream.

Caspar and Bernadetta

Their ending is simply hilarious, and their opposite personalities just mesh so well.

Dorothea and Ferdinand

They fight like an old married couple and they both have much to learn about Fodlan's broken class system from eachother.

Lorenz and Hilda

Their support conversations are frankly adorable, and it's quite fitting for the pompous and oblivious flirt to end up with the spoiled, equally flirtatious brat. They're pretty much made for eachother.

Linhardt and Lysithea

My favorite character with one of my least. Not only does their ending save her life, but I think Linhardt could do much to teach her to chill the fuck out.

Edited by Etheus

Ferdinand x Manuela - Ferdinand is the biggest fanboy of Manuela and I kind of liked this one. Was pretty happy to Archive their ending at my Maddening run.

Ferdinand x Hilda - Hilda knows how to treat Ferdinand, I kind of felt the right chemistry there. Ferdinand makes the perfect tea and even after marriage he tries her hobby.

Ferdinand x Hubert - I had their ending by accident and must say it was surprisingly good. I wouldn't have mind them to make those options too. 

Petra x Claude - This was one of my first ones and totally worth it. I like the idea of Claude getting stolen by Petra.

Lysithea x Felix - making Felix to eat cake is an ordeal. I think this was one of the better ones for Lysithea..

Felix x Bernadetta - I kind of liked this too. 

Caspar x Mercedes - I am so sad that they have no support. I think they would be such a fine match... Why!!!!

Dedue x Shamir - I think Shamir is  the only one I could ship with Dedue. There support was of course quite stiff.

Female Byleth x Edelgard - This just had to be done.

There are sure to come a lot of other ships in mind. And I feel quite open to ship characters with more than one. But I just stop here. Really would need to go through a list of all endings.

Edited by Stroud

I'm still mulling over Lorenz's ships. I can't decide between Marianne, Leonie or Claude.

Lysithea has a lot of good ones too. Linhardt saves her, She helps redeem Felix (although a sad ending overall), Cyril's is very "bappy", Edelgard saves and empower her. She's also pretty good for M!Byleth too.

Sylvain x Mercedes for sure. They have a hilarious joking moment after they both confess how crests have clouded their future and perceptions. Sylvain also has a good one with Felix although for AM ending only.

Ashe x Ingrid make a cute couple, although it does make me upset that their ending doesn't outright states that they end up together and only just hints it.

Byleth x Dimitri the Robin and Chrom of this game.

Annette x Dedue is a bit of a random pairing for sure, but their supports were very cute. Also I liked their ending.

The list could go on and on honestly. This game for sure gave too many cute couples for people to ship together.

Only played Golden Deer, but...

Claude x Petra would throw the best party Fodlan's ever seen at their reception. Then they would both go sleep in a tree. 

Marianne x basically anyone. From every support I've seen with her they lay it on early and they lay it on thick. Special shoutout to the Marianne x Hilda pairing that will never be canon.

Ignatz x Leonie. They're just very supportive of each other. Also, as much as I like Flayn hounding Felix to paint her better a (spoiler redacted) will never not be kinda weird to me.

13 minutes ago, Relag said:

Marianne x basically anyone. From every support I've seen with her they lay it on early and they lay it on thick. Special shoutout to the Marianne x Hilda pairing that will never be canon.

I can probs say Ashe x anyone he can, too.

On another note, I have to choose between Marianne and Mercedes for my personal canon. The other goes to Dimitri. I need help with this.

I'm all for bff endings, so here goes:

Caspar/Linhardt

Felix/Sylvain

Shamir/Catherine

For obvious reasons:

Seteth/Flayn

Annette/Gilbert

And for hilarity:

Manuela/Hannerman

Edited by Okigen

2 hours ago, Okigen said:

I'm all for bff endings, so here goes:

Caspar/Linhardt

Felix/Sylvain

Shamir/Catherine

>Shamir/Catherine

Shamir: We can wed if you're that worried about losing me. Though, I may tire of your company. You look a bit red. What's the matter, partner?

Catherine: That was just...unexpected! If you'll excuse me, I need some fresh air...

BFF ending huh

I'm torn between BylethxDimitri and BylethxClaude. (Haven't finished CF yet, so no opinion on Edel) Like, if there were a "Revelations" route where you recruit everyone, I'd have a tough time picking which one. I just love how Byleth is there for Dimitri when he's struggling, and he even says she helped "bring him out of the darkness" (or something)

And in Claude's ending when he 

Spoiler

confesses his feelings, then immediately leaves for Almyra only to show up months later out of nowhere to save the day 

is perfect. Why can't there just be a harem ending?

MercedesxSylvain is really sweet. I especially like how (more character ending spoilers)

Spoiler

their oldest child, who is the eventual successor to House Gautier, has no crest

LorenzxManuela was surprisingly good. LorenzxMarianne is cute too.

And I never even considered IgnatzxMaya, but it seems so obvious now.

HildaxCaspar is cute. I like how they both just want to do their own thing and live freely. Also their bright pink and cyan hair looks good together.

Then these are some that don't have supports but I like anyway:

CatherinexRhea
SetethxRhea
FerdinandXLadislava (IDK, he seems pretty upset when you defeat her)
AsheXLeonie (Am I the only one who thinks they'd be cute together?)

Byleth x Hilda: I'm fond of the soft-spoken/stoic guy x talkative/cheery girl (or vice-versa) kinda pairing, and Hilda's kinda my favorite female character so yeah.

Claude x Petra: International relations! It's fitting for his character and plans, plus the idea of her literally dragging Claude to Brigid with her is hilarious.

Sylvain x Dorothea: I like how they both easily see through eachother's BS and fully understand why they hustle the way they do. I have a friend who really likes Sylvain x Mercedes and I'd probably put that as my second pick for Sylvain.

Felix x Lysithea: I was expecting their support to just be angstfest 20XX Anniversary edition, but instead I got that one episode from Spongebob where Squidward doesn't want to admit he likes Krabby Patties...except it's cakes. 10/10 godlike support.

Cyril x Lysithea: B A P P Y

40 minutes ago, Boatcat2111 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

😕 But..... they're related... 

I liked Seteth & Manuela's support though, but Rhea was robbed of support potential

Spoiler

Well, that is what happens when you get damsel-in-distressed for the majority of the time in paths where Byleth sides with Rhea in Part 2.

51 minutes ago, Boatcat2111 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

😕 But..... they're related... 

Spoiler

...I did not know that. I take it back.

Edited by Scoot

Hilda/Claude they just work so well together and I loved their paired ending. Byleth/Seteth was so good in my first playthrough that I haven’t paired them with anyone else since XD

Ignatz/Maya caught me off guard but was perfection. Lorenz/Marianne was just wonderful.

My list:

Dimitri x Dedue: Wasn't sold on this at first due to the relationship which feels like it could just be master/servant but it really grew on me especially post-timeskip and with that A support, they do so much to support each other emotionally and they really do "save" each other.

Edelgard x F!Byleth: Again, back to characters who save each other. Byleth's pure declaration of trust by going Crimson Flower and becoming the Wings of the Hegemon was what Edelgard needed, and I don't think I need to explain why Edelgard's actions literally bringing Byleth's heart to life in the ending is super-sweet.

Dimitri x F!Byleth: As with El there's lots of main plot canon you can draw upon for how Byleth supports Dimitri and helps pull him out of the darkness. I don't like this one quite as much as my above preferred pairings for both but I still like it a lot, more than I expected to like a ship involving a mostly-silent main.

Annette x Felix: Because it's adorable to see Felix try to be flirty and positive with someone but he's just so gosh-darn bad at it. Speaking of adorable, Annette's songs.

Mercedes x Sylvain: Because she digs under his mask and you feel like both can just be each other around the other, which both badly need. Mercedes has a few other decent options but for Sylvain this is close to the only one.

(I could jumble those last two up and get Annette x Mercedes and Sylvain x Felix, but overall I think I like those as friends and prefer the straight ships there.)

Ashe x Ingrid: Process of elimination for Blue Lions, buuut fortunately they're cute together as well, with their nerdy gushing over becoming knights.

Claude x Hilda: Claude is borderline sociopathic and never seems to show his true feelings to anyone, which limits his shipping potential a bit for me. But he and Hilda just have a natural chemistry and connection. I don't ever see them being super-duper-close, but I do think they'd make a good couple even if they feel like good friends who had a mutual sexual attraction they decided to act on ("My eyes seem to wander towards you").

Ferdinand x Bernadetta: This is the most sweet wholesome thing in existence and I won't hear otherwise. Seeing Ferdinand try his best to love and support Bernadetta while respecting her boundaries, and Bernadetta reacting to this by coming out of her shell and telling Ferdinand he shouldn't beat himself up because she likes him and doesn't want to hear negative things about him warms my heart.

Ferdinand x Hubert: I didn't get this A+ first playthrough and I was a bit confused when I started seeing pairing freaking everywhere in the fandom, then I finally saw the A+ annnnd okay yeah I see. I also like how Ferdinand stands up to Hubert and eventually reaches a place of equality with him, something many of his supports lack.

Dorothea x Petra: Very wholesome. In general Dorothea, while obviously bi, seems like she'd be far happier with a woman because of her pent-up issues with men, and Petra offers her unconditional love without all the baggage of the Fodlan nobility. One of the most explicitly gay endings in the game too, which is nice since most of the others tend to dance around it.

Linhardt x Lysithea: Hey what if we channelled Linhardt's antisocial hyperfixation into saving the life of another? Definitely an ending this character needed, nice that it's romantic too. As for Lysithea, I think she'd be desperately bored with someone unintellectual, but also needs someone who can respect her as an equal, which leaves a pretty short list that certainly includes Lin.