Special Heroes Arrive! Summer Returns - June 20th

Anacybele

Leak was real.

I like Gunnthra and Laevatein, but because I want Summer Freddy merges later too, I'm only gonna go for the former since I prefer her a bit more.

No Summer Hrid as a free unit though. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pleased with Summer Ylgr being a freebie, that's another grails project along with Smolzura and Fallen Delthea.  An axe unit is great, not many physical lolis in the game compared to magic.  And it's adorable, looks like she's ready to build a sandcastle with the rake. 

I’m kind of annoyed I’ll have to build Gunnthra from scratch because her skills are so awful, but I’ll still pull for her. Very beautiful now that we see the art in better definition.

I hate Ylgr now that she stole a spot Hrid could've had. She didn't have an alt yet, but still. I really had my hopes up for a Summer Hrid and now those hopes are shattered. It's probably never going to happen. I guess I can only hope he gets Halloween or something. Anyway, I guess I'm dumping Ylgr for fodder or feathers.

Still, Gunnthra is gorgeous, though she always is, so I can be happy about her!

Laegjarn's Swift Sparrow 3 though... Man my Summer Freddy would dig that. Tempting, but it'll have to wait for now. I have to finish merging him first.

Also, even though I like Hrid, I hope this is the last we see of OC alts for awhile. They need a break, otherwise it's going to feel like last year with Fates being shoved down our throats.

Edited by Anacybele

Guess they decided to hold off a full day to just pretend nothing was wrong, which is what I'd been starting to suspect.

Glad for free Ylgr, that'll leave Helbindi as my only missing Book 2 OC. Speaking of him, finally a sword infantry seasonal, I hadn't really been expecting one. He brings another Duel skill, which is nice I guess, but I don't plan on pulling for him.

Mirror Impact is neat, and it's interesting that Swift Sparrow 3 has the extra point of Spd. Disappointed by Laegjarn being a third blue tome flier summer unit rather than the first blue dagger flier, though. Blue Forseti is a bit entertaining.

Gunnthra is the only one with a unit type I'm missing, but I don't particularly like her skills. I'd rather go for Summer Linde, especially since I already have two versions of Gunnthra and none of Linde. I'll go for any colorless orbs on my free session, but after that I'll wrap up here and stick with my original plan of going all-out into the rerun banner next month.

Oh no...Laegjarn’s a mage flier...with a high hp desperation tome...gorgeous art (lack of arm bones aside)...and freaking SWIFT SPARROW FOUR. Yune coming back next week is about the only thing that’ll stop me from spending all my orbs tomorrow, that and the fact that Laegjarn’s blue and I already have four blue tome fliers (now if she’d been green instead...)

Not really excited about free Ylgr but tbh that was inevitable no matter which OC it was.

That Gunnthra art is really enticing, but her skillset is trash and Summer Linde already covers that class so that's a no from me. Maybe she'll spook me if she appears on a Mythic banner.

Helbindi opens the posibilities for Summer Micaiah, Olivia and the myriad of gen 1 sword infantry to be usable in Arena/AB. Who knows how he'll work as a unit but probably not that well considering the class is oversaturated (although defensive swords are rare, I can only think of Hinata as one of those) but he's good fodder.

Laevateinn has good skills but Mirror Impact is worse than Sturdy Impact because very few dragons hit hard enough for a unit to need the extra 10 Res and EP mages are practically non-existant outside of some vantage stuff (and for those Hardy Bearing or Dull Ranged are just as effective and cheaper). 

Laegjarn is obviously the winner here, Swift Sparrow 3 looks sweet but nothing super necessary. Her art is very nice, though. 

And last but not least, Ylgr will be the TT unit. I hope she'll have nice fodder. 

good grief, what's next, summer meg, oh wait, no, that would be remotely interesting.

still though, tempting as swift sparrow 4 is, I don't really need it now, not bad for orb saving, it is astonishing how IS manages to constantly botch up my favorite theme, how is it that year 1 was the best summer by far?

Laevatein is adorable (though Atk art still looks weird), but I really don't need another Green Tome flier, especially since I am also gunning for Yune later this month. Her skills are amazing though. 

The rest I really don't care about. Ylgr beihg the TT reward is fine by me, though I'll probably just use normal Laev as my bonus.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Okay, so Swift Sparrow 3 is a thing now.

How about making Swift Sparrow 2 non-premium?

naesala gives it at 5*, not regularly available, but it is still FTP.

So, how about that CTR Nitro Fueled on Friday? What, talk about this banner? Fine.

Nope, Res-based Sturdy Strike and Swift Sparrow 3 aren't nearly good incentives to get me to pull from this dumpster fire past the free pull. I will at least be grateful that snow loli was picked for the TT unit instead of Hrid or Surtr. I'm not going to be grateful enough to let her (my likely only bonus unit option) do anything but stand in a corner in the actual Tempest, though.

Meh. I'll just summon on the first full circle and avoid this forever.

Ylgr being the TT reward means that I'll at least have one copy of each Nifl sibling, since her regular version has evaded me.

Oh yeah, getting a full view of Laegjarn's art, wtf is that design? The outfit is bad enough imo, but the pose makes it worse. She looks more like a stripper than someone enjoying the beach. 😕

Even summer Camilla didn't look like that. In fact, she actually looks great imo.

I like the way everyone else looks though!

Edited by Anacybele

Oh. Hm. That free Ylgr may be fun. I'm surprised Summer Helbindi has so few skills. I'd almost think he was going to demote! (Seasonal demotes soon please...!) Hmm I like the cast, but some of the art makes me a bit uncomfortable... I think I'll skip this and see what lies ahead. And get that free Summer Ylgr!~

Edit: Oh my gosh Helbindi and Ylgr have sand castle-building tools from the same set. That's too cute! ❤️ Okay, going for Helbindi as my free pull so he and his bestie can build sand castles (but still not enough for me to spend orbs.)

Edited by Mercakete

I'm getting really annoyed at the constant overwhelming female to male ratio, especially in the seasonal banners.  We get 4 freaking girls, and only one guy, and the lone guy isn't even good eye candy.  Why do the OCs need more alts, when they already had New Year's alts?  I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but this just keeps getting worse and worse.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm getting really annoyed at the constant overwhelming female to male ratio, especially in the seasonal banners.  We get 4 freaking girls, and only one guy, and the lone guy isn't even good eye candy.  Why do the OCs need more alts, when they already had New Year's alts?  I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but this just keeps getting worse and worse.

This I can agree with. This is why I really wanted the free unit to be Hrid, at least, besides the fact that I really like him.