Special Heroes Arrive! Summer Returns - June 20th

Anacybele

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ylgr is meh but more axes in my barracks are always welcome even if they aren't my favs.  At least this banner is a skip for me which makes me happy.  Now if the next TT which starts very close to my Bday next month has a guy in a swimsuit as the reward unit I will be even happier.

Hm.... Interesting summer units. A few cool skills, but none of them seem particularly tempting at the moment. They'd be nice to have, but I'm not dying to have them either. It almost feels a little like a bait banner. Watch the next one have something crazy on it. As much as I like Helbindi, I don't think I can justify pulling for him, so maybe he'll pop up on a legendary banner or something.

I'm actually kind of excited for a free Yglr. This means I can ritually sacrifice two more copies of her.

...fuck.

>Wow, Gunnthra is literally worthless as skill fodder. Rally Def/Res+ is not exactly what I'd call worth pulling for, and her dagger is... well it's alright, but seriously, two Aether Keep skills? At least give her a Hone/Fortify! Not even a Joint or Tier 4, just Hone Atk would be fine!

>There it is, Mirror Impact... and also Summer Laevatein. Pretty neat I guess.

>Helbindi looks like he might have some good tanking ability. Don't know why he needs to be the provider of another Duel Infantry skill, but not like I'm complaining. Mostly just means Dance Micaiah can be safely used in Arena...

>Oh god... Swift Sparrow 3 is literally just Death Blow 3 and Darting Blow 3.3, but that's still deadly... not sure it's worth pulling more Laegjarns than would be necessary to +10 her, just like one or two Laegs will be fine. But man... Aether Defense teams with Flier Formation balls are gonna have a field day with blue flying Lewyn.

I was fucking kidding when I said Swift sparrow was getting powercrept because of the brides. There's really no need for Swift Sparrow 3 but here we are. I'm gonna skip since I'm trying to get Fjorm, I said I would skip but I'm impulsive :L. Leagjarn is amazing here, if Fjorm is kind I might drop a few orbs for her.

2 minutes ago, May said:

What's ... amazing to me is that they didn't put obvious popular beefcakes like Ike or Hector on this banner? Like they really just to push the OCs so much? 

Yeah, I've always thought Ike would be a great money maker on a banner like this since he'd be showing off his muscles on top of already being loved. And Hrid would've made money too because he'd also be hot shirtless. I get that Ylgr didn't already have an alt, but she'd have more chances.

I still want to ditch my free Ylgr for now, but since I have a tendency to change my mind on this kind of thing (I kept Bunny Loki for god's sake), I'm gonna check out her stats and skills when we learn what they are and if they're nice enough, I'll hang onto her.

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I was hoping Laegjarn would be a flying dagger so I can skip since I still lack a blue mage flier. *sigh*

that was me. 
had she been flying blue dagger i was like *skip*
but I need a Flying Blue Mage that isn't Morgan (mostly because my morgan can't hit anything player phase. )

4 minutes ago, May said:

What's ... amazing to me is that they didn't put obvious popular beefcakes like Ike or Hector on this banner? Like they really just to push the OCs so much? 

Hector and Ike have 4 alts each, pretty sure that'd be received worse than what we got~

Great. What a dilemma. There's only so many places my orbs could go.

1. Continue merging up Bride Lyn (and OG Lyn when her revival banner comes around).

2. Get Summer Helbindi so that MCorrin can get R Duel Infantry.

3. Get Summer Laegjarn so that my Brave Lyn can get Swift Sparrow 3.

4. Get an Alm merge on the July Mythic banner.

5. Get 1-2 Naga on the August Legendary banner.

Just now, Landmaster said:

Hector and Ike have 4 alts each, pretty sure that'd be received worse than what we got~

Hector is criticized for being unoriginal almost all the time, but Ike's alts are pretty spread out and he only has one that IS actually decided upon and created themselves just for this game since the fans voted for Brave Ike and legendary Ike is a canon thing. I don't think a Summer Ike would've gotten much hate. Heck, I don't think a summer Hector would either if he was a color other than green.

I just realized that every summer we get a Flying Blue Mage on an undead dragon akin to Fates Malig Knights.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

I was fucking kidding when I said Swift sparrow was getting powercrept because of the brides. There's really no need for Swift Sparrow 3 but here we are.

How many bets that next month the New Heroes banner will finally be the banner to drop a Swift Sparrow unit to 4*?

I highly doubt it, but even precious children grow up at some point.

7 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Ylgr is meh but more axes in my barracks are always welcome even if they aren't my favs.  At least this banner is a skip for me which makes me happy.  Now if the next TT which starts very close to my Bday next month has a guy in a swimsuit as the reward unit I will be even happier.

Don't hold your breath.  Since they started doing this monthly holiday Tempest thing, we've gotten only 2 free guys and 7 girls, 8 if you count Baby Azura.

3 minutes ago, May said:

The main Lords have a real dearth of seasonal alts.  I'm not a big fan of seasonals to begin with, but you'd think we'd see more of Ike, Hector, Marth, etc on them.  Gunnthra and the Fire Sisters have twice as many seasonal alts as each of the three main lords I mentioned, which just doesn't seem right.

I wonder if Gunnthra's suffering some sort of heatstroke. Her voice clip sounds a bit tipsy... Also, I still don't have her legendary variant, and I couldn't get her new year's variant. even though I have all of her siblings. Starting to wonder if she hates me. 'Course, I don't have Laegjarn, either. C'mon, fellow big sisters. ;-;

I don't have regular Helbindi either, which also saddens me because his friendship with Ylgr is adorable.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I just realized that every summer we get a Flying Blue Mage on an undead dragon akin to Fates Malig Knights.

How many bets that next month the New Heroes banner will finally be the banner to drop a Swift Sparrow unit to 4*?

I highly doubt it, but even precious children grow up at some point.

Bold of you to assume anybody will demote next month.  It will probably be a 3 Houses banner, and I'd be surprised if they let anybody demote there.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hector is criticized for being unoriginal almost all the time, but Ike's alts are pretty spread out and he only has one that IS actually decided upon and created themselves just for this game since the fans voted for Brave Ike and legendary Ike is a canon thing. I don't think a Summer Ike would've gotten much hate. Heck, I don't think a summer Hector would either if he was a color other than green.

They still both have 4 Alts, which is the limit most people have for when they get sick of a certain character so they're playing safer with OCs~

Why does this banner last until early August

Typo or are they just giving us more time because there are way too many fucking banners out in summer

5 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Will they do a part 2 banner like what they have been doing for the past 2 years?

That's probably what that Special Heroes banner in July is, if I had to guess. And if we're lucky, it might just not have Alfonse and Sharena on it. .....Nah, that's being way too hopeful.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

They still both have 4 Alts, which is the limit most people have for when they get sick of a certain character so they're playing safer with OCs~

Yeah, but if they're spread out enough, it wouldn't make people as sick of them. Like, people got sick of Lyn and Camilla because there's 5-6 of them AND they weren't really spread out. It took Ike two years to get ONE actual alt that isn't canon or something the fans didn't vote for. Lyn got Bride and Brave within a few months, then Valentine's a few months after that, then legendary like three months later. There's five months between PoR Ike and Brave Ike, five more months between Brave Ike and RD Ike I believe, and a FULL YEAR between RD Ike and GD Ike.

I hope summer part 2 has RD Ike, though I feel like I can't get my hopes up for that at all now...

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hate Ylgr now that she stole a spot Hrid could've had. She didn't have an alt yet, but still.

Gosh, all she wanted to do was go to the beach. >3> Don't hate on her because Hrid's not feeling like exposing his muscles. 😛

Also, happy Helbindi is an oddly blessed sight after every other instance we've seen of him is angry. 😛

Laegjarn is the obvious pull bait, both from her art and her skills (and presumably also her stats). Not that I have a problem with it at all. Now I just have to hope that the banner likes me (unlike the Awakening banner that's currently at a 5% pity rate) and that the next summer banner doesn't have anything I really want.

Swift Sparrow 3 is nice, though I'm annoyed that they've added so many brand new skills on seasonal exclusives. It's already hard enough to get pulls from the standard summoning pool.

Laevatein is cute, too. I might try for extra copies of her, but it depends on how the banner treats me. Mirror Impact is nice, but not quite as good as Sturdy Impact for most things.

Helbindi and Gunnthra don't have much that appeals to me.

Ylgr is adorable.