Special Heroes Arrive! Summer Returns - June 20th

Anacybele

While I like Jarny as a character, why does she have heels for the beach?

Anyway, she and Gunnth are my favorites of the lot, so going to go with them for the free pull, maybe circle if there are a few. Probably won't spend more since they're still seasonals and alts.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I do actually hope that we don't get 3Houses summer units right off the bat. I'd rather have time to get to know the characters before we start messing with festival versions. Maybe the next summer banner will be...ironically sunburnt Surtr? Swimsuit Hel? Shaved Ice Hrid (or Hrid hiding in an ice box or something)? Eir toting a parasol and wearing copious amounts of sunscreen?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but if they're spread out enough, it wouldn't make people as sick of them. Like, people got sick of Lyn and Camilla because there's 5-6 of them AND they weren't really spread out. It took Ike two years to get ONE actual alt that isn't canon or something the fans didn't vote for. Lyn got Bride and Brave within a few months, then Valentine's a few months after that, then legendary like three months later. There's five months between PoR Ike and Brave Ike, five more months between Brave Ike and RD Ike I believe, and a FULL YEAR between RD Ike and GD Ike.

I hope summer part 2 has RD Ike, though I feel like I can't get my hopes up for that at all now...

It's not about when, I'm talking about the number. They have 4 each. The girls are on their 3rd alt here and Helbendi is on his 2nd, compared to 2 and 1 and the 5th Hector and 5th Ike should they have gone that way. Thus, taking into account how many people here go apeshit when they see a unit with that many alts get even more, it makes sense to see the OCs here~

I'm not in any way saying that IS cares about that, because they obviously don't, I'm talking purely about the idea that most fans would be happier with another Ike and Hector over the OCs~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's not about when, I'm talking about the number. They have 4 each. The girls are on their 3rd alt here and Helbendi is on his 2nd, compared to 2 and 1 and the 5th Hector and 5th Ike should they have gone that way. Thus, taking into account how many people here go apeshit when they see a unit with that many alts get even more, it makes sense to see the OCs here~

I'm not in any way saying that IS cares about that, because they obviously don't, I'm talking purely about the idea that most fans would be happier with another Ike and Hector over the OCs~

It is about when though. I've seen people say they'd rather have seen some alts spread out more. Also, I haven't seen much excitement about these new OC alts yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm why not go for a cute summer one? Like, I wouldn't mind seeing the Morgans and the Kanas playing together. I keep wondering how they'd all get along (or if they wouldn't get along and just go into a "my parent is better than yours" (water balloon) fight.)

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

While I like Jarny as a character, why does she have heels for the beach?

Dunno, but they still aren't as tall as Cordelia's.

I do kinda like how Laegjarn's weapon is clearly a dagger, yet it's a tome instead because coconuts or something.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is about when though. I've seen people say they'd rather have seen some alts spread out more. Also, I haven't seen much excitement about these new OC alts yet.

I'm not talking about when, it's irrelevant to what my point is. 

Most of the excitement's on Reddit, generally since yesterday since we had the leak~

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Reddit thread for the video has 96% Upvotes. People are really hyped for this banner.

2 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

Damn, this thread wasn't started by Coolmanio. That's a shame.

What's the difference? It's just a thread. 

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think it could make sense that the OCs are here, especially because it's their game. But for some reason, I have that feeling people wouldn't be turned away if Hector or Ike appeared in a summer banner.

Helbindi, come to mama ❤️

I was not under the impression that Laevateinn and Laegjarn were popular characters? However, they have a few alts already when there are other characters without any.  Maybe they're more popular in Japan.

It was all going so well... three units revealed who would be completely worthless to me, then *BAM*.

Laegjarn is everything I want in a woman unit. Flying mage, the only unit type I need to pull 5* exclusives on to merge up (I don't want Aversa), tick. Excellent skills, not weighed down by stupid Arena or AR-specific bait, tick. Being the best FEH OC by an order of magnitude, tick.

The only slight downside is that she's blue, which means she's not as suited as some other candidates - namely Peganino and Summer Tana - to be run alongside Legendary Azura. Of course, the whole point of the exercise is that I don't have Legendary Azura and am saving hardcore for her return in July. For fast flying mages, I have a Peganino with a bad nature, and a neutral Summer Corrin+1 who is getting a bit long in the tooth. This is a tough one then - Laegjarn right now would be a more or less perfect addition to my barracks, but Azura would be, uh, perfecter. What to do?

1 minute ago, May said:

Laevatein needs to take some toe-spreading lessons from Helbindi...

Oh yeah, I was going to say she needs to start wearing some special shoes. Those are some serious bunions.

Why did R Duel Infantry have to end up on a seasonal unit? I have a lot of units that would like that, but I know well from experience that sniping a lone red on a four person banner is a severe lesson in pain... Speaking of which, I'm getting quite annoyed by the fact that we only tend to get four person banners for new units these days (most of the time being with one unit of every color, which are the worst). I wonder if we'll ever get a three (or even better, a two) person banner again? If not, my collecting days may be numbered...

It seems like every unit on this banner has something useful. Gunnthra has Disarm trap which I cold use since there is a certain build I want to make with that, but I only previously got one of Spring Palla. And more crazy lvl 4 skills on the others which would be useful but are no priority for me. The only thing I can think of as I see Swift Sparrow 4 though is... time for legendary Alm to become even more of a pain to deal with!