Special Heroes Arrive! Summer Returns - June 20th

Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gen 3 infantry is one hell of a drug. RIP Raven.

Raven has a prf though. 

I mean, the stat spread looks pretty good but end of the day... Raven and Linus have an excellent prf. She does not. She's basically upgraded Legion. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Stat spread and except pretty good skills set. Especially best girl/onee-chan Laegjarn. I wonder which B skill should I give her. Desperation, renewal or maybe Vantage? 

Ylgr managed be so cute I am barely able forgive her shamelessly usurping daddy Surtr spot. Well at least it's not Hrid. 

Edited by Tenzen12

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is Helbindi the first seasonal sword infantry...? Also who wears heels to the beach?

Yes, we've had four fliers and one armour. Still no cavalry though.

NY Camilla, NY Gunnthra, NY Hrid, Sigrun, Valentine's Ike

29 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Raven has a prf though. 

I mean, the stat spread looks pretty good but end of the day... Raven and Linus have an excellent prf. She does not. She's basically upgraded Legion. 

Basilikos gives Raven 55/40 offenses and -1 cooldown, but destroys his bulk (44/20/17). Ylgr has 53/39 offenses with her base weapon and has massive bulk (47/34/25).

Raven is forced to run either Desperation or Escutcheon/Pavise to not die after his first round of combat. Ylgr is fine running stronger skills like Wrath or Special Spiral or Null Follow-Up.

Waifus don't really do anything for me, and as much as I like Helbindi I'm drowning in sword infantry right now, so EZ skip for me. Good thing too, I'm waiting to see what the eventual Three Houses Focus(es?) bring to the table before I spend my 100+ orbs.

I think I am going to yolo with my 800+ Orbs since I am not sure if I will quit this game. Even if I do not quit, I can still get Steady Breath since BH!Ike reappears every few months, and Warding Breath is on a predictable schedule, so I do not mind delaying building my dragons a bit.

SR!Gunnthrá's skills kind of suck and her stats are okay, but it does not really matter since I do not think I will be using her much.

And holy Naga! SR!Laevatein's Atk is fucking massive! As a Counter-Vantage unit with +Atk, she gets 91 Atk at merge +0! If I was whale, I would totally +10 her. Mirror Impact is also really nice; without the Def+10, Lunge units can more easily drop their HP lower to summon Wings of Mercy allies and be a total nuisance in Aether Raids, and I think Eldigan is the biggest beneficiary of this.

SR!Helbindi has great stats, but I am not going to be using him much even if I do get him. R Duel Infantry is really nice for my Olivia, but I can go without it.

SR!Laegjarn is smoking hot! And yeah, she totally made ASS!Camilla obsolete who made NS!F!Corrin obsolete. Swift Sparrow 3 and blue Forseti!

SR!Ylgr looks pretty great too, although if you are running Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers, you might want to stick with Raven since you want his low bulk.

Edited by XRay

Leak confirmed.

Beachthra is a colourless dagger cav (After how Linde was, I remain unconvinced), with Tropical Treats (If unit is affected by hone/rally, grant Atk/Res +4 in combat), Rally Def/Res+ (Good fodder), AR-O Spd/Res (Meh) and Disarm Trap (Not so meh). Laevatein is a flying green tome with a buoyboard (Same as Gunnthra's), Smite, Mirror Impact (It's Sturdy Impact but with Res. WHAT.), Def/Res Link (IT works I guess) and Odd Atk Wave. Helbindi saves us from an all-women banner but sadly is a sword infantry, with Sandfort Spade (grants Atk/Def +4 this time), Rally Atk/Def+, R Duel Infantry (This is back. 😞 ) and Panic Ploy (Somehow I doubt his HP will be massive enough). Laegjarn is a flying Blue Tome (Competing with Camilla.), with Worldsea Wave (Spd+3, if HP>=50% and initiating, Laegjarn can double before opponent (So Forseti)), Reposition, Swift Sparrow 3 (Atk+6/Spd+7 (Neat)), Flier Formation and Hone Fliers (That comparison was way too apt). I see her being a lot of fodder, but her skills are great herself. And after what happened last year where I got Summer Corrin right after she got powercrept (Still salty on that), it might be worth saying I'm not too concerned about Camilla now. Also, Ylgr is confirmed.

Datamine is:

Spoiler

Ylgr's an Axe Infantry with a giant rake, her weapon has Helbindi's effect, Luna, Flashing Blade and Even Def Wave.

lv_1__40_summer_returns.jpg

Ylgr's stats are nice actually, I'll take her. Laegjarn is very comparable to Summilla, who she's faster and stronger than by one and a bit more Res but has less Def and HP. Helbindi's defences are nuts as an infantry (RIP Hinata) Laevatein has better stats than Springmilla, but I didn't want that spread to being with (So I might fodder Laevatein.). Gunnthra is faster than Linde and has way more HP, but her defence is terrible.

Edited by Dayni

And the best unit is...the free one. XD (I keep seeing people complimenting her stats and design. She really is so cute!) Way to go, IS! I'm not complaining, though. Again, free pulling for Helbindi, then stopping. I've been stocking up on grails since finishing my M!Kana... Maybe I'll throw some at Summer Ylgr when that option becomes available.

And yeah, that "instead of Alfonse" bit was something. Yeesh, Sharena... How about "in addition to?" Hmm I'd love to see kid versions of people, but now I also kind of want to see 5-year-old fem Alfonse, too.

26 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

I think my hopes for a Summer Surtr are burnt by seeing Ylgr on the story map.

Plottwist, Surtr IS the sun and ends up burning Ylgr, thus winning in the end.

I got all three girls! I also spent some Orbs on Bridal Blessings to get my last copy of BB!Cordelia to get her second copy to +10 (I technically have another copy that I could use to +10 her, but that copy is neutral, so I want to keep that neutral copy untouched). I am debating about getting another copy of SR!Laevatein, since the copy I got is [+HP, -Atk]. My SR!Gunnthrá is [+Atk, -HP] while SR!Laegjarn is [+Spd, -Res].

I got two more copies of SR!Laevatein! Second one is [+HP, -Res], but the third one is the highly coveted [+Atk, -HP]! Since I plan to merge them, -HP felt like a waste, but oh well. Ideally, I want to get [+Atk, -HP] as the first copy.

I also got a +Atk Reyson, so I might finally build him, promote him, and maybe merge him.

I went from a little over 800 down to 438 Orbs. Not too bad! I can still grab a few Steady Breath fodder once BH!Ike comes back around.

Edited by XRay

I see this banner as an absolute win. Just like with the Awakening kids I like everyone here, so I will just pull and pull until I get someone. Free Ylgr is adorable and she may ne my next Grail project unless someone even better appears before I can spend grails on her.

Laegjarn is a keeper for me. Glad that she hit the Jackpot with her Weapon. I can find some uses for her in some modes. She might be even a threat for AR def teams depending on her stats...

As for Swift Sparrow 3 at first I thought that its a shame for this fodder to be on her. But thinking twice about it investment in speed always has to be regarded on the situation. And too much speed isn't always necessary...and Mirror Impact also looks nice. This could be actually an option for units like L!Ephraim I think..he could approach Dragons more savely with this and his Def should be still enough that he does not need Sturdy Impact. But I might be wrong. Well there are probably other units which profit from Sturdy Impact too..

Cost me some orbs but glad I got Laegjarn. I was a bit too fast with Ophelia though. I could have used her as Rally Atk+ fodder.. But I just wanted to cancel the Atk bane I had. Still could just have switched them.. Well what's done is done. I guess I will be more furious with Rally+ skills from now on. Because there is some room for Arena. Next one will be a fodder. (And then she is atk+). Welp.

Thanks to TT I should hit 600 orbs pretty fast again. But pulling for Julia is out of question for now..she comes again later though.

Edited by Stroud

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Shut up. I had to grow up surrounded by so many boys and because of that I never had anyone to play dolls with or anyone to play dress up with! Probably is a reason why I'm a loner today on top of having trouble socializing period. Maybe if I'd had a sister to play with growing up I might find it a bit easier to make friends! And you don't know what it's like having to share a room with a toddler boy whose stupid toys I didn't care about were all over the place and I didn't have much room for my own. I hated it. And my younger brother who I shared that room with is now dead. I basically hated him from day one because he wasn't a girl and I live with that guilt every day now because I feel like I didn't help him enough or be a better big sister because I could never be as happy with him as I would have been if he was a girl. I wish I had never felt that way, but I did.

So you have no right to insult me either. Just because I felt like this doesn't mean all sisters are like this, pal.

...this just got really dark :I

Well I like Laegjarn's art design the least, but I do like her and unit wise she is quite the darling. Laevatein, Helbindi, Ylgr are the winners art wise I think. I really wanted Helbindi so that he and Ylgr could be playmates, but sadly that hope died. I did however, get pity broken by a regular Helbindi not too long back, but double greens aren't best.

Speaking of, I think it is kinda neat that she is a green infantry just like regular Helbindi is. Was that done intentionally? Personally I would rather one of the two infantry this time to have been a foot lance. We are really lacking in the foot lance department. Best Bro with his spade maybe. His statline might be a bit more unique for lances than Ylgr's would?

Edited by Usana

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

From the newest meet the Heroes

Someone taught Sharena Savage Blow.  I always wished I had a brother growing up.  Not in place of my sister, but in addition to.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

...this just got really dark :I

Yeah, sorry about that...

I'm doing the paralogue and quests before summoning this time. Just feel like having those extra orbs first.