Special Heroes Arrive! Summer Returns - June 20th

Anacybele

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, this game actually decided to be nice to me.

I ended up caving just a little bit, but I got Laevatein in just 15 orbs. She was the only unit of any particular interest to me so that was nice.

I got her in my first summon XD. Anyway, I’m thinking in skill inheritance her. Who? I dunno. I’m happy Laegjarn is there, hot, and has a legendary weapon, but I’m going after her when she appears in a legendary/mythic banner

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame that the leak turned out to be true. I would much rather have the better oc’s or characters from previous games.

This banner did not improve when I saw Gunthra. She joins the Lucas, Palla and Sigrun club of characters I like, but who have a slot wasted on AR stuff. Only Gunthra is worse with not one, but two wasted skill slots.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

From the newest meet the Heroes

You can take her head, Hel. No one will miss her. 

For those hoping for stuff like Summer Surtr, there could be a second summer banner next month with the remaining Book 2 OCs. This banner in particular will be around for quite a while. It looks like it was set up this way for a VG on late July/early August. 

If I had siblings, I wish I have an older sister. I do not feel too close with my parent's generation, but I do get along with my cousins who are mostly older. I have younger cousins too, but I am only close to one of them since she is not too young, and the cousins younger than her sometimes are a little awkward to interact with since there is not much I can connect with them besides Pokémon and maybe LEGO sets.

Almost 400 orbs and I don't have a single fucking focus unit. Instead I got pitybreakers I already had and Caineghis. That last one is the only good thing to come out of this bullshit. So much for Summer Frederick merges with these orbs... ;_;

Edited by Anacybele

Not a fan of the art except Guunthra and Helbindi look fine. Another Heroes banner, sigh. But I don't care too much about summer seasonals anyways and we'll get another one. It's a good time to save orbs.

I finally got Gunnthra.

Except it took nearly 500 orbs and only for her to be fucking +Def, -Atk. She already has low Atk even at neutral, so -Atk likely makes her useless. All those orbs and some money for something useless. She's on a horse which means she can get horse buffs, but that's probably the only way I can make this Gunnthra viable without merging or whatever. If not for that Caineghis I also pulled, I'd have felt like I actually completely wasted my money in this game for pretty much the first time ever.

Edited by Anacybele

100 orbs in and my first 5-star pull is the most unfortunate Summer Laevatein possible: [+Spd, -Atk]. Lol. I'll take a break from pulling for a bit so that I can clean out some barracks space after the Awakening banner filled it up with too many pity breakers (but at least I got another Tibarn out of that as well as a +Atk Idunn).

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

useless

Only with that attitude.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. Come on, 30 Atk is on the very low side of the spectrum.

Her base weapon gives her 4 more Atk. She has access to Windex and Windex+ if you really need extra damage.

Only unit that interests me in this batch is Yilgr. Helbendi looks cool, but I'm not going to be pulling for him since I wanna save up for Yune later this month.

I'm really liking Yilgr's statspread since its a bit better than Rutger imo and scales well with merges. That being said, I'm not sure how I should build her. I don't want to run Slaying Axe on her since I already built Linus and he does that role better. I'm not a fan of her default Axe either. Right now, I'm thinking of giving her hack-o-lantern + sturdy stance from Halloween Dorcas to make her similar to my Rutger (which I gave Guard and Atk / Def Bond). Don't want to waste grails on fodder though so I'm not sure about this.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her base weapon gives her 4 more Atk. She has access to Windex and Windex+ if you really need extra damage.

...The heck is Windex? Besides a cleaner--...Oh. You're talking about Legault's weapon (which I also am not sure why they called it the Cleaner...). It does have a blade tome effect. I can consider that in the future.

One additional thing that I don't believe was mentioned is that this banner is real good for ethnic diversity.  99% of the characters look to be northern European or Oriental.  With the Muspell sisters, Surtr and Helbindi they look like they could be black or South Asian.  There are so few representatives for those minorities that it is great to get at least some characters that 'look' like they could be one of those. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

One additional thing that I don't believe was mentioned is that this banner is real good for ethnic diversity.  99% of the characters look to be northern European or Oriental.  With the Muspell sisters, Surtr and Helbindi they look like they could be black or South Asian.  There are so few representatives for those minorities that it is great to get at least some characters that 'look' like they could be one of those. 

True. FE being made in Japan I guess leaves it blind to global color a lot of the time. Does 3H still lack skin tone customization? And yet all the way back on the Wii the nothing game Pokemon: Battle Revolution's international version added two additional skin tone options for the player, and went and colored some of its trainers. Did IS not notice Monolith including the ability to pick anything from white to black to bluish green in XCX (although the playable cast there is near-exclusively white)?

I'm strictly against any and all Seasonals beyond temporary use for TTs, but Helboy looks nice beyond his not so pretty mug (but you know who also don't have pretty mug? some of the 30 canon Axe Infantry not in this game). Normally I don't care for profuse musculature, Sumander and Summerick did little for me, but for some reason it's working here, as long as I mentally behead the dude.

Two colorless orbs in my free session, but neither were Gunnthra. I'd still rather pick up Linde for my dagger cavalry, so I'll go for her in a few weeks.

My orb stockpile is back up to the 500 mark, so I should be in a pretty good position.

So I just realized that Laevatein's artist is Saito, the guy who did Celica's Awakening DLC art before doing a lot of the main art for Xenoblade 2.

Hell yeah! Here's hoping he gets to draw more FE characters. Wouldn't mind him drawing legendary Celica just to see the new Celica in the "Xenoblade 2" style. 😛

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. FE being made in Japan I guess leaves it blind to global color a lot of the time. Does 3H still lack skin tone customization? And yet all the way back on the Wii the nothing game Pokemon: Battle Revolution's international version added two additional skin tone options for the player, and went and colored some of its trainers. Did IS not notice Monolith including the ability to pick anything from white to black to bluish green in XCX (although the playable cast there is near-exclusively white)?

Yeah its really rough and feels like being excluded.  In games, not just Fire Emblem, where there is an avatar character I like to rename it to my real name and then try to adjust the physical appearance to most closely match my own, however can't even get the right skin color.  I don't know how hard it would be to put a few darker skin shades, especially since the games are releasing globally.  I can understand certain worlds (shows, movies, games) not having any darker skinned people cause it doesn't fit, however if having an avatar character it should have enough options to represent a variety of people.  

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We could another Red Infantry Celica, just have them recycle Pyra and put a brown-haired Alm in the artwork.

That, or just contract the artist who made this:

Spoiler

Image result for fire emblem celica fanart

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, or just contract the artist who made this:

They put Pyra in a blender with NES Art Celica. The results are... interesting?

Bleh, I'm a Mythra (and Morag, and Brighid) person anyway. And fortunately, I can't think of an FE female who could fuse with her visually.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer