Tempest Trials+: A Promise of Joy (June 24th - July 4th)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice, thanks @Diovani Bressan for the topic! 

The new seals are useful, but not that exciting for me. Ylgr got really good stats, but I don't like her design enough to merge her. Never getting a prf is another counterargument

I could run a full bonus unit team with double Laeg and double Ylgr, but I won't run two blue ranged. Could run my new AM!Corrin instead of OG Ylgr. 

Definitely going OG Laeg since she's a bonus unit. Which means ... FLIERRR team. Might use a team of Summer units. Soooo ... S!Innes and S!Takumi! Plus HS!Sakura for healing. This is gonna be a cakewalk.

If I manage to pull S!Laeg, I will do a OG/TT/S!Laeg fest and it will be beautiful. 

Oh boy look at that, I'm mostly stuck with the free unit but this time I can actually make a whole team of bonus units!

Think I might actually do that, with OG!Leagjarn, S!Laegjarn, OG!Helbindi and S!Ylgr. Put some tactic seals on em and done.

I added the Final map to the main topic, but here is the map as well:

Spoiler

tt.png

Helbindi-Summer-Icon-.png?itok=mfWYtC9z
Boss: Helbindi: Seaside Scourge
Stats at Lunatic (Teams: 4 / Battles: 7):
75 HP / 56 Atk / 22 Spd / 45 Def / 42 Res

32px-Icon_Class_Red_Sword.png?itok=WDToy Sandfort Spade+ (Mt 14 Rng 1): If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is active on unit grants Atk/Def+4 during combat.
Assist.png Rally Atk/Def+: Grants Atk/Def+6 to target ally for 1 turn.
Special.png Ignis (CD 4): Boosts damage by 80% of unit's Def.
R-Duel-Infantry-3.png?itok=sJi_2BGu R Duel Infantry 3: Grants HP+5. If unit is 5★ and level 40 and unit's stats total less than 170, treats unit's stats as 170 in modes like Arena.
Atk-Def-Link-3.png?itok=_XJHiMXH Atk/Def Link 3: If a movement Assist skill is used by unit or targets unit, grants Atk/Def+6 to unit and target allyor unit and targeting ally for 1 turn.
30px-Panic_Ploy_3.png?itok=u4iAqNGJ Panic Ploy 3: At start of turn, converts bonuses on foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP into penalties through their next actions.

Looks like a luau this time? But no one is entertaining with flashy displays of fire.

Then again, is that water behind the planks? A boardwalk or boardwalk-luau fusion then? I'll bring the saltwater taffy, overpriced games, cheap prizes, and a few great whites and gangsters then.

...I'm in the mood to play a little Super Mario Sunshine now. Sirena Beach to be precise. Why don't Nintendo make a 3D Mario HD Collection? Access to the old ones isn't so easy nowadays.

Thank god OG Laegjarn is a bonus because I can go full flyer team on this TT.  I think I will pair her with: Shigure, Michalis and H!Mia.

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am trying to understand why IntSys gave a Link Skill to Helbindi... Oh well...

It wouldn't be a problem.....if they gave him literally any Link skill but Atk/Def since he already has Rally Atk/Def+. They also didn't bother to replace his useless-in-this-context Duel skill when they did replace Flora's AR skill two TTs ago.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It wouldn't be a problem.....if they gave him literally any Link skill but Atk/Def since he already has Rally Atk/Def+. They also didn't bother to replace his useless-in-this-context Duel skill when they did replace Flora's AR skill two TTs ago.

IntSys also keep G Duel Flying on Spring Veronica in her TT.

Different from AR Skill, Duel skills have an effect that work in any move (HP+5)

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If he rallies someone, he gets the same buff through the link at least. The recipient is rather redundant though. R Duel synergizes well with his panic ploy, which is what I assume is the reason they kept it on him.

4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If he rallies someone, he gets the same buff through the link at least.

Atk-Def-Link-3.png?itok=_XJHiMXH Atk/Def Link: If a movement Assist skill (like Reposition, Shove, Pivot, etc.) is used by unit or targets unit, grants Atk/Def+6 to unit and target ally or unit and targeting ally for 1 turn.

Rally skills are not movement Assist skills, so Atk/Def Link will not activate when Summer Helbindi uses his rally skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If he rallies someone, he gets the same buff through the link at least. The recipient is rather redundant though. R Duel synergizes well with his panic ploy, which is what I assume is the reason they kept it on him.

Link skills only work with movement Assist skills. The Rally skill that he has is not a movement Assist skill, so the only way for him to activate Atk/Def Link is to have another unit use Reposition, Swap, Pivot, etc. on him.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Atk-Def-Link-3.png?itok=_XJHiMXH Atk/Def Link: If a movement Assist skill (like Reposition, Shove, Pivot, etc.) is used by unit or targets unit, grants Atk/Def+6 to unit and target ally or unit and targeting ally for 1 turn.

Rally skills are not movement Assist skills, so Atk/Def Link will not activate when Summer Helbindi uses his rally skill.

My bad, thanks for pointing that out. =]

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Different from AR Skill, Duel skills have an effect that work in any move (HP+5)

5 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

R Duel synergizes well with his panic ploy, which is what I assume is the reason they kept it on him.

I honestly forgot that the Duel skills even give +5 HP. Even without R Duel Infantry, he'd only have 70 HP which means he's still hitting pretty much everyone not named Arden you've got with Panic Ploy anyways.

Oh, and I was also dumb enough to forget that Rally skills don't even work with Link skills at all. Damn, I'm slow today.

Even if Link Skills worked with Rally Skills, so it would be better for Helbindi to have Spd/Res Link instead, so he would be able to buff all stats of an ally.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Usual TT intros: Masked Marth is feeling a little embarrassed to ask for the help of warriors dressed for a party

This TT intro: Helbindi, the only person you have left to fight for is dead and her soul is being used to bait you into Hell by one of your former COs

I love theme teams and random tempest shenanigans combined:

tumblr_ptlncb3xoR1ta965c_540.png

Laegjarn must be terribly confused about which Laevatein is actually on her side here.