Jump to content
Ilboss

Least Favorite FE game

Recommended Posts

Of all the FE games I've played, Conquest is easily my least favorite. I have very negative opinions on story and characters that I won't repeat in this thread, and the gameplay didn't wow me and it didn't feel leagues better than other FE games to the point of deserving praise on that front alone. The other two branches of Fates weren't great, either, but that shitty story is just the tiebreaker between all of those.

Aside from Fates, FE11 because it was very barebones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shadow Dragon. Easliy one of the biggest waste of times ever, save for Marth's character. 

The 3DS line of Fire Emblem titles are also not favorites of mine, but I'd rather play through one of them than Shadow Dragon again given the choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fates: all three versions. They were so massively disappointing; each in their own ways.

The biggest complaint is obviously the story. They really bit off more than they could chew. But the gameplay's also pretty bad. All three routes have a massive overreliance on gimmicks; many of which are not fun or a fair challenge. Map design in Birthright and Revelations is also really bad. But one of the worst things is the characters. No matter the FE game, FE has always been good at making a well-rounded cast of characters that are interesting and likeable and aren't just one-note gimmicks. Even Shadow Dragon was able to do this despite its thin script. Then Fates came along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, Sunwoo said:

The other two branches of Fates weren't great, either, but that shitty story is just the tiebreaker between all of those.

Doesn't Revelations have an even shittier story and much worse map design than Conquest? 

OT: Of the games I've played, I like Sacred Stones, Binding Blade and PoR almost equally. My favourite is Radiant Dawn and my second favourite is Blazing Blade. I guess I'll say Binding Blade as it lacks quality of life improvements that the other games have and its characters and story are too basic for my taste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the ones I've completed I gotta say SoV. The story is just awful, the characters are about as boring and bland as stale bread, and the less we say about swamp, boat, and desert maps the better. Aside from good presentation, world building, and some interesting mechanics(like the weapon system and weapon skills) I just can't say I can anything even remotely redeemable about this game for me. Also Corrin is a better lord than Alm.

Edited by Ottservia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, Ottservia said:

Also Corrin is a better lord than Alm.

Both are bad, but Corrin is worse. Alm is semi-Corrin, quasi-Corrin, the margarine of Corrin, the Diet Coke of Corrin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Both are bad, but Corrin is worse. Alm is semi-Corrin, quasi-Corrin, the margarine of Corrin, the Diet Coke of Corrin.

While there's an argument on which one is worse, this isn't the time or place for it.

(BTW, both are wrong, the answer is Kris - an avatar so bad that despite not being a main lord, he/she singlehandedly dropped FE12's writing like a stone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hate Fates. Fates had no story, and the story is my favorite bit. I wish they would make a new game with no avatar and a good plot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, eclipse said:

While there's an argument on which one is worse, this isn't the time or place for it.

(BTW, both are wrong, the answer is Kris - an avatar so bad that despite not being a main lord, he/she singlehandedly dropped FE12's writing like a stone)

Yeah Corrin might be an absymal character but they don’t literally steal away lines from other characters in a REMAKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, eclipse said:

While there's an argument on which one is worse, this isn't the time or place for it.

(BTW, both are wrong, the answer is Kris - an avatar so bad that despite not being a main lord, he/she singlehandedly dropped FE12's writing like a stone)

Okay. I wasn't really trying to argue; I was just wanting to make the joke. 

Yeah; story-wise, Kris is bad, though at least he wanted to stay out of the spotlight even if the story wouldn't let him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The consistently least enjoyable for me is Binding Blade [Still haven’t played a remake or Kaga game yet]. I just felt like the game never did anything interesting and all of the maps felt more tedious than interesting at best. Or they were the shitty Gaiden Chapters. 

Also this is a very under-discussed aspect when it comes to Main Characters but Roy is probably the least challenged and most flawless protagonist when it comes to never coming across a roadblock in the story. Like seriously, he just got out of school and not only leads the army but is apparently already a flawless and selfless leader [Lance/Allen/Marcus supports, all available by chapter 1]. The closest thing to failure he encounters is letting Hector die which he had no influence on. 

Edited by SubwayBossEmmett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed 14 the least overall, but it had some real high points. FE7... I don't know. It's just kind of bland and washed-out, to me, like its portraits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"hey you know what a really good outline colour and de facto black would be"
"black? dark grey?"
"mauve."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Peter The Cool said:

I just hate Fates. Fates had no story, and the story is my favorite bit. I wish they would make a new game with no avatar and a good plot.

They were forced to warp the story around the avatar in Fates.  Why I think Corrin is easily the worst character isn't just his personality or how he is written but the way the story treats him.  He is the Jesus Christ character that can do know wrong, that all kiss the ground he walks on.  I have no doubt if there was no Corrin,  the story would have at least been respectable and the overall game experience would be so so much better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

"hey you know what a really good outline colour and de facto black would be"
"black? dark grey?"
"mauve."

I’m all about people having opinion but this is truly the most nitpicky nitpick I’ve ever heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SubwayBossEmmett said:

I’m all about people having opinion but this is truly the most nitpicky nitpick I’ve ever heard. 

Actually, it's fairly straightforward. If the darkest colour in your palette is a washed-out mauve, every other colour you use is going to have to be washed-out, too. FE8, which has a far darker outline colour, can use a more vibrant palette overall.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They were forced to warp the story around the avatar in Fates.  Why I think Corrin is easily the worst character isn't just his personality or how he is written but the way the story treats him.  He is the Jesus Christ character that can do know wrong, that all kiss the ground he walks on.  I have no doubt if there was no Corrin,  the story would have at least been respectable and the overall game experience would be so so much better.  

I don't know. Corrin, at least in Conquest, fucks up constantly. Their family is fond of them, sure, but they are a massive fuck-up.

Edited by Parrhesia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parrhesia said:

 

I don't know. Corrin, at least in Conquest, fucks up constantly. Their family is fond of them, sure, but they are a massive fuck-up.

Sorry my bad I worded that improperly. 

He is actually wrong usually.  However, everyone around acts like he is perfect, like every decision he makes is genius.  This is actually much worse than a 'perfect' character who is flawless and everyone follows.  Here we have a character inexperienced full of mistakes and devoid of any sense of strategy or foresight but everyone around him acts as if everything he says is brilliant beyond compare.  So it destroys the credibility of all the other characters and makes the story an impossible buy on just about every level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fates - Horrible story, kids weren't intergrated into the story properly, shit cast of characters except maybe sakura, elise, and leo.

Sacred Stones: Too easy meh story.

Binding Blade: The whole don't promote roy early to get the true ending is bull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They were forced to warp the story around the avatar in Fates.  Why I think Corrin is easily the worst character isn't just his personality or how he is written but the way the story treats him.  He is the Jesus Christ character that can do know wrong, that all kiss the ground he walks on.  I have no doubt if there was no Corrin,  the story would have at least been respectable and the overall game experience would be so so much better.  

Or if they remade the entire game intergrated a new story made Azura(with much better character development) and Corrin(not an avatar just a lord both genders but female corrin is called Corrina) the main lords and give Garon a freaking better story plot then(Oh I just wanna kill for no reason and invade this nearby kingdom, Don't kill Mikoto off so early and give her a past and better story. Make Azura and Corrin unrelated because this ain't Arvis and Deirdre people. A new game with the title of Fire Emblem: Song of Fate.

Also Lilith should be a manakete type astral dragon thing and PLAYABLE

No three routes just one story.

Intergrate, Anankos into the story and I have an idea erase Iago from existence and have Anankos be Garon's right hand man and strategist who uses Garon's boiling anger over the fact that they killed his one true love(Xander,Camilla,Leo,and Elise's Mother(yes they have the same mother) was killed by a Hoshidan and a Vallite.) and goads Garon into starting a war killing Sumeragi, and Shigure(Azura's father) thus sparking the war but what does this mean for Anankos. Anankos wants to find his missing fangs(Yato one hidden in hoshido, one in Nohr) and his lost power(Azura's Pendant)so he can regain his power and restore the world to dragons.

An Idea for the kids 

After they beat Garon thinking they've stopped the war and Azura is crowned queen with Corrin at her side as her king of Valla they get married.

17 years later

Azura and Corrin have been blessed with three children 

Shigure the Second, Kana, and Cari

It is time for Shigure to be crowned and officially recognized as the Crown Prince of Valla, Azura entrusts her pendant to Cari, All the royals and townsfolk gather for the crowning 

Enter Anankos he unleashes a spell that abosrbs the souls of the townsfolk.

Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Camilla, and Hinoka go to intercept him(yes Hinoka and Camilla have legendary weapons, So do Sakura and Elise but their Healing Staves) they are all taken out quickly losing their souls in the process. Azura tells Lilith to get the kids out of here(Shigure,Kana(f),Kan(Male kana's new name),Sophie, Cari,and Izar(Lilith's Son) and basically they escape and are sent on a quest to look for the other crown princes and kids.

 

 

Edited by AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revelations is easily the FE game I despise the most. It's golden route existence turns CQ and BR in essentially a bad route choice. I hate the maps and some of the map objectives and the unit availability is also whack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Or if they remade the entire game intergrated a new story made Azura(with much better character development) and Corrin(not an avatar just a lord both genders but female corrin is called Corrina) the main lords and give Garon a freaking better story plot then(Oh I just wanna kill for no reason and invade this nearby kingdom, Don't kill Mikoto off so early and give her a past and better story. Make Azura and Corrin unrelated because this ain't Arvis and Deirdre people. A new game with the title of Fire Emblem: Song of Fate.

Also Lilith should be a manakete type astral dragon thing and PLAYABLE

No three routes just one story.

Intergrate, Anankos into the story and I have an idea erase Iago from existence and have Anankos be Garon's right hand man and strategist who uses Garon's boiling anger over the fact that they killed his one true love(Xander,Camilla,Leo,and Elise's Mother(yes they have the same mother) was killed by a Hoshidan and a Vallite.) and goads Garon into starting a war killing Sumeragi, and Shigure(Azura's father) thus sparking the war but what does this mean for Anankos. Anankos wants to find his missing fangs(Yato one hidden in hoshido, one in Nohr) and his lost power(Azura's Pendant)so he can regain his power and restore the world to dragons.

An Idea for the kids 

After they beat Garon thinking they've stopped the war and Azura is crowned queen with Corrin at her side as her king of Valla they get married.

17 years later

Azura and Corrin have been blessed with three children 

Shigure the Second, Kana, and Cari

It is time for Shigure to be crowned and officially recognized as the Crown Prince of Valla, Azura entrusts her pendant to Cari, All the royals and townsfolk gather for the crowning 

Enter Anankos he unleashes a spell that abosrbs the souls of the townsfolk.

Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Camilla, and Hinoka go to intercept him(yes Hinoka and Camilla have legendary weapons, So do Sakura and Elise but their Healing Staves) they are all taken out quickly losing their souls in the process. Azura tells Lilith to get the kids out of here(Shigure,Kana(f),Kan(Male kana's new name),Sophie, Cari,and Izar(Lilith's Son) and basically they escape and are sent on a quest to look for the other crown princes and kids.

 

 

This remake/what if sounds pretty good. Thought, I don't know if I would make Azura the main character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...