New post time skip designs!

Nio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

I'm actually glad that Lysithea didn't grew up so much. Petite women exist and trust me, being adult do not mean having a big breast and being taller than 160 cm. There are women who stop to grow up around they 15, so yeah, Lysithea's case makes sense. Anyway I'm glad that time skip appearances are diversified. And I'll definitely recruit Lysithea!

Hear, hear. It's easy to fall into the trap of "OK here's what everyone looks like age-progressed by 5 years", but everybody ages differently, and I'm glad that many of the changes are more subtle.

It's fun to have a disaster like Dimitri here and there or a late growth spurt like Caspar, but lots of people don't change much from ages like 16-25. I like Felix's update for instance - he already seemed mature and self-assured before, so it's cool that his look didn't change much.

Holy damn, they really did change after the time-skip.

Lorenz is fabulous ! Meanwhile, Berny look either even more skittish, or she just became more confident.

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Not the case. Female and Male Byleth only change hair color. 

That's a shame, I wonder why.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's a shame, I wonder why.

The only answer I could come up with is that because of the pre-rendered cutscenes it can't allow other hair cuts or styles. Otherwise, we will have another Robin/Corrin situation where they were never in focus or took a first-person view.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The only answer I could come up with is that because of the pre-rendered cutscenes it can't allow other hair cuts or styles. Otherwise, we will have another Robin/Corrin situation where they were never in focus or took a first-person view.

That could explain not having customization, but what's to stop Byleth having a different outfit after the time skip, since it seems like every other character gets a new outfit?

It's really bizarre to me that they haven't been able to move onto in-engine cutscenes with the power of the Switch, almost as if they'd planned the game around the 3DS hardware still. Hopefully FE17 finally turns it around. Me, I'm more fussed about having an eye-size slider than the choice of outfit though - might play male for once based solely on that.

From what my bad eyes can tell from the blurry images though, it'd be awesome if FE in general had more adult characters, it's a breath of fresh air. No one over the age of 12 should ever wear pigtails/twintails.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It's really bizarre to me that they haven't been able to move onto in-engine cutscenes with the power of the Switch, almost as if they'd planned the game around the 3DS hardware still. Hopefully FE17 finally turns it around. Me, I'm more fussed about having an eye-size slider than the choice of outfit though - might play male for once based solely on that.

From what my bad eyes can tell from the blurry images though, it'd be awesome if FE in general had more adult characters, it's a breath of fresh air. No one over the age of 12 should ever wear pigtails/twintails.

The way the game appears gameplay and cutscene wise, is more similar to Echoes rather than Awakening/Fates. Makes me wonder another reason they remade Echoes was to get new players into "Classic" Fire Emblem.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

That could explain not having customization, but what's to stop Byleth having a different outfit after the time skip, since it seems like every other character gets a new outfit?

The fact that Byleth doesn't change at all (not only outfit, but appearence as well) makes it possible that the "timeskip" is actually Byleth going forward 5 years (Sothis does have time powers after all). But then it wouldn't make sense for the supports (he'd be 5 years younger than the rest), so maybe it's just laziness from the designer idk

1 hour ago, timon said:

The fact that Byleth doesn't change at all (not only outfit, but appearence as well) makes it possible that the "timeskip" is actually Byleth going forward 5 years (Sothis does have time powers after all). But then it wouldn't make sense for the supports (he'd be 5 years younger than the rest), so maybe it's just laziness from the designer idk

Maybe Byleth is just frozen for 5 years.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It's really bizarre to me that they haven't been able to move onto in-engine cutscenes with the power of the Switch, almost as if they'd planned the game around the 3DS hardware still. Hopefully FE17 finally turns it around.

I'm pretty sure there was an interview where they mentioned that SoV was considered a quick little release while they prepared for Switch specs to finalise (so that they could get to work on what has become 3H). So I'm pretty sure this wasn't designed initially with 3DS hardware in mind.

It definitely carries over a lot of the design sensibilities of the 3DS titles though, in a way that feels less like fully taking advantage of the Switch than using that extra power to be able to do what they wanted to on the previous couple of titles (explore 3D environments, have the combat camera zoom in to an accurate spot on the map, etc).

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There is always the chance for the late game promotion, the super professor.

3 hours ago, Fuzzlekins said:

Byleth is just so tired of teaching they take a 5 year power nap.

So Summer vacation is a quick snooze for teachers? 

I keep seeing about how big Caspar is now but I’m pretty sure that’s just his bulky armor. I don’t think he’s actually gonna be particularly bigger than Lorenz or Felix.

I’m a big fan of the designs. Especially Lorenz. I would not have expected him to turn out that good looking after the timeskip. Ashe doesn’t seem all that different tho aside from having a bit more meat on his bones and longer hair.

I’m hoping we get to see grown up Lynhardt, Ignatz, Petra, and Dorothea next.

I think it has to do with the size of Capsar's head. Either he has a noticeably small noggin, or he's matured into a noticeably tall, lanky young man. Most people are making the latter assumption.

//

What I'm wondering is if any of these costumes can give us hints as to what the 3rd/4th tier classes will look like.

• Bernadetta: In the EurogamerSpain E3 video, we can see that the female Archer costume shows some skin at the upper chest and thighs. A female Sniper or Marksman.
  • Ashe: has the classic Fire Emblem left-pectoral armour and a riding coat. Strikes me as a Bow Knight?
  • Lorenz: reminiscent of a Paladin or Gold Knight. 
  • Hilda: has similar shoulders and neck to the Brigand, but is lacking the fur and has fancy sleeves... War Priestess?
  • Caspar: similar details to the Brigand, but much more armoured than you'd expect a Berzerker. Maybe a Warrior or Wyvern Rider? 
  • Felix: fur trim and extra swords. Swordmaster or Trueblade.
  • Lysithea: the veil makes me think Saint.

Edit: it occurred to me that Caspar could well be closer to a Hero/Vanguard type.

Edited by LSM

4 minutes ago, LSM said:

I think it has to do with the size of Capsar's head. Either he has a noticeably small noggin, or he's matured into a noticeably tall, lanky young man. Most people are making the latter assumption.

//

What I'm wondering is if any of these costumes can give us hints as to what the 3rd/4th tier classes will look like.

• Bernadetta: In the EurogamerSpain E3 video, we can see that the female Archer costume shows some skin at the upper chest and thighs. A female Sniper or Marksman.
  • Ashe: has the classic Fire Emblem left-pectoral armour and a riding coat. Strikes me as a Bow Knight?
  • Lorenz: reminiscent of a Paladin or Gold Knight. 
  • Hilda: has similar shoulders and neck to the Brigand, but is lacking the fur and has fancy sleeves... War Priestess?
  • Caspar: similar details to the Brigand, but much more armoured than you'd expect a Berzerker. Maybe a Warrior or Wyvern Rider? 
  • Felix: fur trim and extra swords. Swordmaster or Trueblade.
  • Lysithea: the veil makes me think Saint.

I don't think their outfits actually translate to classes tbh, I think it's their new noble/commoner outfits since we know that outside of battle, everyone is in their noble/commoner outfits

I disagree. I'm thinking that in the War Phase their out-of-battle dress will be close to the "cannon promotion" costumes of past games.

Reason being... those all look similar to what I'd expect the actual class costumes to look like...

(And I'll stress similar. We've already seen Paladins, for example and they have armoured legs whereas Lorenz is wearing some snazzy pants.)

Edit: with the new Famitsu web-article giving us full pictures, it seems that Caspar does just have kind of a small head. He's shorter than Byleth.

Edited by LSM

11 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

There is always the chance for the late game promotion, the super professor.

Teach gets tenure.

Bernadetta- I'm not a fan. The haircut is weird and the outfit is oddly revealing for someone who is painfully shy. I miss her hood. If she had a hood and the upper part of her chest was covered, it would be better. Unless she got significantly less shy, then you do you Bernie.

Ashe- He looks normal. Like a sniper. A less snazzy Innes. Ok.

Lorenz- WOW the glow up. Of course they had to have some ugly duckling to swan moment and I'm glad it's Lorenz. Maybe it'll give him a real character arc?

Hilda- She's always looked cute. Why do I get the feeling her face will be the exact same, except she's just wearing a different outfit and she'll just have a ponytail instead. The easiest portrait to imagine out of the group.

Caspar- He got hot. To add to the discussion of what his body type is. I don't think he's lanky. Yeah the armor makes him look bigger than he actually is but do look at his waistline. He's thicker too and it's all muscle.

Felix- Like Hilda, he has always looked cool. His outfit is my favorite. It just looks really cool.

Lysithea- I really like how creative her outfit is. I wonder what her portrait will look like when she's older.

I really like all the timeskip designs.

I actually really like Bernadetta's design. The clothes are both cute and kind of classy. I don't think the hair's bad either, though it's kind of hard to see all of it. Looking at the picture, I think she might have a hair accessory on the side we can't see.