Japanese theme song named (Lady of Hresvelg) and releasing 7th August 2019

20 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The CD itself is also touted as Caro’s “major debut single”.

So, just like Renka back in Fates, then.

... you know, I'm all for giving exposure to new talents, but right now I can't help but see it as a way to limit costs, too.

Regardless, she has a lovely voice.

Doesn't that confirm that Edelgartd's second crest is that of Hresvelg, by the way?

Edit(sorry, dense post again): That eagle(?) she seems to be looking up at, on the cover... there was an eagle in the E3 trailer, too, it struck me as slightly out of place then. I wonder if there's something to it now.

Edited by Cysx

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So, just like Renka back in Fates, then.

... you know, I'm all for giving exposure to new talents, but right now I can't help but see it as a way to limit costs, too.

Regardless, she has a lovely voice.

Doesn't that confirm that Edelgartd's second crest is that of Hresvelg, by the way?

I can see where you're coming from, haha.

As for the last part, hmm, I'm not quite sure. Did I miss something? We already knew her surname was Hresvelg, so we could've guessed from that anyway.

9 minutes ago, berriicoco said:

Does this mean that Edelgard’s route is the canon one? She has the biggest connection to the church due to her empire and crest. In that case I’ll do her path last.

I'm gonna assume every path is canon to the player including.....

Spoiler

The rumored 4th path involving her again apparently.

Just now, VincentASM said:

I can see where you're coming from, haha.

As for the last part, hmm, I'm not quite sure. Did I miss something? We already knew her surname was Hresvelg, so we could've guessed from that anyway.

That is true. In general I feel like I've missed something when it comes to Edelgard's second crest, so don't mind me.

22 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

It's technically not even confirmed that she has a second crest, at least not at game start.

Well, she can use a relic not tied to the crest of Seiros, that doesn't seem possible unless she gets the corresponding crest. "How" being another problem entirely.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

That eagle(?) she seems to be looking up at, on the cover... there was an eagle in the E3 trailer, too, it struck me as slightly out of place then. I wonder if there's something to it now.

The eagle is on her house banner after all, and the cover seems to reference the lyric "reach for my hand, I'll soar away". Both point at Edelgard's story dealing with her wishing to stay with her friends and having to learn to leave that aside to lead the Empire. The eagle appeared right before she says her line about justice in the trailer too. I'm really glad she's shaping up to be an interesting character.

I didn't think thet were going to make on of the lords more important than the others at first, but it seems like Edelgard is very much the Eliwood of Three houses. I'm okay with that as I'm always up for their being a canon route, but I hope this doesn't mean that Dimitri and Claude are significantly overshadowed by her like Lyn was in Blazing Sword.

There is also the fact that she gets the sword of Seiros (you can see it in E3 trailer), IS is really trying to hard to turn her and Byleth into Seiros and Nemesis, like the parallels are everywhere.

Like we get it, those two are fucking more important then Dimitry and Claude.

I think if you play GD or BL routes the game will make a WAY bigger deal out of Byleth fighting Edelgard then the other lord.

But no seriously those two are totaly fucking though...

Edited by User name

While it's obviously going to be from Edelgard's perspective, I'm guessing that there will still be lyrics about the other 3 lords. Especially since Edelgard calls herself a "red rose." I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri, Claude, and Byleth were "snow," "moon," and "wind," respectively.

46 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I didn't think thet were going to make on of the lords more important than the others at first, but it seems like Edelgard is very much the Eliwood of Three houses. I'm okay with that as I'm always up for their being a canon route, but I hope this doesn't mean that Dimitri and Claude are significantly overshadowed by her like Lyn was in Blazing Sword.

I don't think that's as likely to happen as this is a different situation than FE7. Lyn's story was basically the prologue of the game. You could skip her story entirely and all you'd miss would be some leveling chances and some background info. It didn't help that she only got 10 chapters to herself unlike Eliwood and Hector with about 30 or so chapters. Three Houses appears to have a different format, so I think we'll be alright. 

I think that wasn't point. 

Anyway I am fine with Eldegard being more relevant then Dmitri and Claude  as long as those two get something interesting on their own (and I think at least Dimitri certainly show lot of promise). 

BTW I think Eldegard might not get bone axe until 

Spoiler

Rumored 4th route. 

and Sword of Seiros will be her standard Prf. instead. 

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Kind of funny that even Japan uses the "Three Houses" name in some capacity as well.

Actually, if you are referring to my article, I just used the English name to make it easier.

But they have used English translations in Japanese merchandise from time to time. Can't remember any off the top of my head though.

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Actually, if you are referring to my article, I just used the English name to make it easier.

But they have used English translations in Japanese merchandise from time to time. Can't remember any off the top of my head though.

Well, I remember they used the English Names of the Tellius Games in the Recollections, it appears in any place where it would make sense instead of the literal translation.