Famitsu Online Article Drops

Azz

Here's the article

4 pages long too. It's mostly the same info, however there are some more screenshots and clearer views of the time skip designs (no new ones tho, only the few we've already seen)

@VincentASM

Edited by Azz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to recruit Leonie you need to increase your strength and lance skill leavl I think and for Petra it's dexterity but I can't tell the skill level but it's probably sword

Edited by Azz

Ah, online translation software. I am looking forward to learning about the power of acupuncture and seeing my students use their clerks. Also, Petra and Linhardt have new skills of 'Hunt for hunting' and 'I do not sleep'. 

Ok, all joking aside, this does seem pretty interesting. We got confirmation of at least some advanced classes and some cool new shots of the game, so I'm happy.

If anyone could translate the advice box messages that would be great. I am really interested to see what these character's doubts are.

So, Marianne, Petra and Annette confirmed as recruitable. Ingrid, on the other hand, either isn't, or Byleth picked the Blue Lions on her shot.

Edit: Oh, also, Caspar is recruitable too.

Edited by Cysx

I used the Treehouse and GameSpot gameplay that we've seen and the weapon weights in pictures in the article, and it seems that whatever lowers the weight effect of weight is less extreme than Con was. Linhardt used a Steel Lance (11 weight) and it reduced his AS by 10, while Byleth used an Iron Lance (6 weight), which reduced her speed by 2. It's possible that Abilities were involved, but I doubt it because the Abilities that lower weight are obviously marked, which none of Byleth's seem to match. This definitely makes the Fortress skill that lowers weight more useful, as even with it Byleth would be weighed down by a Steel Lance.

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I used the Treehouse and GameSpot gameplay that we've seen and the weapon weights in pictures in the article, and it seems that whatever lowers the weight effect of weight is less extreme than Con was. Linhardt used a Steel Lance (11 weight) and it reduced his AS by 10, while Byleth used an Iron Lance (6 weight), which reduced her speed by 2. It's possible that Abilities were involved, but I doubt it because the Abilities that lower weight are obviously marked, which none of Byleth's seem to match. This definitely makes the Fortress skill that lowers weight more useful, as even with it Byleth would be weighed down by a Steel Lance.

I had been looking into that too, and Felix was weighed down by 3 less points than he should have been when using a steel sword(I think it was in the Polygon video).
You were right, there's definitely something at play, I'm having trouble making sure what it is, however. The weight of lances will definitely help a ton, almost half the characters used those in the gameplay we got.

I thought it could be based on weapon level, but that doesn't seem to be it...

Edited by Cysx

10 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So, Marianne, Petra and Annette confirmed as recruitable. Ingrid, on the other hand, either isn't, or Byleth picked the Blue Lions on her shot.

Edit: Oh, also, Caspar is recruitable too.

I think they're in the same house. They seem to like having the Blue Lions associated with female Byleth. I do wonder if we'll see more Golden Deer gameplay though...

EDIT

Lmao, did Nintendo give them double the screenshots necessary for a magazine article?

Edited by VincentASM

15 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I had been looking into that too, and Felix was weighed down by 3 less points than he should have been when using a steel sword(I think it was in the Polygon video).
You were right, there's definitely something at play, I'm having trouble making sure of what it is, however. The weight of lances will definitely help a ton, almost half the characters used those in the gameplay we got.

I thought it could be based on weapon level, but that doesn't seem to be it...

The description of the Fortress class's weight reduction ability specifically mentions the "total" or "combined" weight of equipment, so speed reduction may not solely depend on what the unit has equipped, but rather all of the weapons they're holding. Or even all the items. Strange to think that we'd get a full encumbrance system for the game that should come closest to having pack-mule squires on the field, but that's what it looks like to me.

40 minutes ago, Azz said:

In order to recruit Leonie you need to increase your strength and lance skill leavl I think and for Petra it's dexterity but I can't tell the skill level but it's probably sword

Unless I've gone mad, Petra's requisite skill for recruitment actually has the character for "horse", not sword, which has me thoroughly bamboozled. I can't recall anything else suggesting that she was cavalier-oriented.

Just now, Radnar said:

The description of the Fortress class's weight reduction ability specifically mentions the "total" or "combined" weight of equipment, so speed reduction may not solely depend on what the unit has equipped, but rather all of the weapons they're holding. Or even all the items. Strange to think that we'd get a full encumbrance system for the game that should come closest to having pack-mule squires on the field, but that's what it looks like to me.

That's probably referring to shields, not other items in the inventory.

53 minutes ago, redlight said:

So Petra and Leonie can be recruited. Looks like they don't fall under the "certain character category"

Great now I no longer worry when I choose other houses after Black Eagles!!!🙏🙏 also Marianne is also recruitable sweet!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I think you're right. Would explain this disparity, too, since the shield is the only difference I'm seeing:

Spoiler

gh9np7a.jpg

Ktk3bRn.jpg

I guess there are the troops too, but they shouldn't affect AS, and he has more troops alive in the shot where his AS is 0 anyway.

Edit: The second in command thing was a mistake, apparently, but I think we know of everyone BUT Hilda at this point, let's see...

Claude: Obviously no
Lorenz: Yes
Hilda:?
Raphael: Yes
Lysithea: Yes
Ignatz: Yes
Marianne: Yes
Leonie: Yes

... yup, seems about right.

Edited by Cysx

Since Marianne is recruitable, that means Hilda pretty much has to be the second-in-command of the Golden Deer non-recruitable, right?

Edit:

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Edit: The second in command thing was a mistake, apparently, but I think we know of everyone BUT Hilda at this point, let's see...

I don't think I saw that then, thanks.

Edited by BastienSoul

1 minute ago, _Xavi_ said:

Which picture/page says Marianne is recruitable?

z_5d07a1268c95e.jpg

Because of the "スカウト", aka "Scout" option, at the top.

l_5d07a5151b69c.jpg

Ferdinand: Many people are disappointed with the Empire. We should blow a new wind. How about asking someone new to accede to the throne?

“Edelgard is fine”

“Ferdinand should”

“Maybe the Empire should be ruined.”

Planting ideas of deception as a teacher sounds weird. Will Ferdinand be a usurper? Odd that that a teacher is discussing to overthrow the status quo.

15 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Ah, yeah, I may be confusing "equipment as stuff you've got with you" with "equipment as stuff you actually have equipped at the time". The screenshots @Cysx posted do seem to suggest that. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, you two, I do not want a full encumbrance system, lol.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Planting ideas of deception as a teacher sounds weird. Will Ferdinand be a usurper? Odd that that a teacher is discussing to overthrow the status quo.

Hah! That's a hilarious "anonymous" question. Going to be honest, that just boosted my appreciation for Ferdinand a lot.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Ferdinand: Many people are disappointed with the Empire. We should blow a new wind. How about asking someone new to accede to the throne?

“Edelgard is fine”

“Ferdinand should”

“Maybe the Empire should be ruined.”

What the hell....Ferdinand what kind of question is that?