Famitsu Online Article Drops

Azz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hilarious to me that we now know of 6 Golden Deer students that can defect, as opposed to 2 for the eagles and just 1 for the Blue Lions. And in the meantime, we never seem to get any Golden Deer gameplay.

I think IS might be trying to send a message.

Edited by Cysx

That evil looking guy is probably unrecruitable in non-BE playthroughs. He's loyal to Edalgard as stated in his bio. Dedue probably as well for Dimitri as his bio states him being indebted to him

Edited by redlight

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It's hilarious to me that we now know of 6 Golden Deer students that can defect, as opposed to 2 for the eagles and just 1 for the Blue Lions. And in the meantime, we never seem to get any Golden Deer gameplay.

Golden deer is a shity yellow version that makes everyone upset.

Lol, I'm pretty sure Ferdinand's shown up in one or two of my Crusader Kings playthroughs. Dang backstabbin' chancellors messin' with my heirs!

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

...And that message is, "Deer are for poaching".

47 minutes ago, Radnar said:

Unless I've gone mad, Petra's requisite skill for recruitment actually has the character for "horse", not sword, which has me thoroughly bamboozled. I can't recall anything else suggesting that she was cavalier-oriented.

Oh maybe it's flying since that is something she is good at

EDIT: Okay no it is fact riding which is weird... unless that is smth she is good at too

Edited by Azz

I've been looking through more footage to find more Con stats. Sadly, they mostly went straight into battle by selecting the enemies in the Treehouse Presentation, so we don't get a good look at other characters' Attack Speeds. It's a shame, seeing as we could have seen if A, the Con stats are consistent, and B, if M!Byleth has the same Con as F!Byleth. Through the Kotaku footage, we can see that (assuming Combat Arts don't impact AS) Dimitri has a Con of 5 and that Javelin's have 8 weight. Also, while we don't get a specific Con or weight value, it seems that a Steel Bow has 9 more weight than Ashe has Con. Similarly, the Steel Gauntlets weigh Dedue down by 2. We can't be sure, but if the Steel Gauntlets are consistent with the other Steel weapons (they might not be), then they might have 8 weight, which would give Dedue 6 Con, which seems reasonable.

44 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Are these 3 actually confirmed or is it just safe assumption?

I'm happy you can repair the Sword of the Creator since I would prefer not to spend my weekends doing nothing

33 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I've been looking through more footage to find more Con stats. Sadly, they mostly went straight into battle by selecting the enemies in the Treehouse Presentation, so we don't get a good look at other characters' Attack Speeds. It's a shame, seeing as we could have seen if A, the Con stats are consistent, and B, if M!Byleth has the same Con as F!Byleth. Through the Kotaku footage, we can see that (assuming Combat Arts don't impact AS) Dimitri has a Con of 5 and that Javelin's have 8 weight. Also, while we don't get a specific Con or weight value, it seems that a Steel Bow has 9 more weight than Ashe has Con. Similarly, the Steel Gauntlets weigh Dedue down by 2. We can't be sure, but if the Steel Gauntlets are consistent with the other Steel weapons (they might not be), then they might have 8 weight, which would give Dedue 6 Con, which seems reasonable.

Wait, Dimitri has 15 AS with a speed of 19. That'd be a weight reduction of 4. Meanwhile Sylvain has 8 AS with a Steel Lance(11 Wt) and 16 Spd, so a weight reduction of 3.

... I really don't see the point of hiding con if it exists. Then again it doesn't seem to be stats based either(Dedue has universally worse stats except for Def), nor a class thing since two mercenaries and two cavaliers don't have the same. I guess hidden shields could be messing the numbers up, too, or some other form of equipment...

8 minutes ago, timon said:

Are these 3 actually confirmed or is it just safe assumption?

I don't think they'd get a scout option only for them to answer "not interested, ever", but if you're willing to believe that, I guess it's not 100%.

Edited by Cysx

Just now, Cysx said:

Wait, Dimitri has 15 AS with a speed of 19. That'd be a weight reduction of 4. Meanwhile Sylvain has 8 AS with a Steel Lance(11 Wt) and 16 Spd, so a weight reduction of 3.

... I really don't see the point of hiding con if it exists. Then again it doesn't seem to be stats based either(Dedue has universally worse stats except for Def), nor a class thing since two mercenaries and two cavaliers don't have the same.

Maybe it just doesn't show up on the Level Up/Promotion screen because it's completely static? Most stats can increase with level, while classes have different movement. Also, Dimitri has 15 AS with a Javelin before he levels up, so that's when he still has 18 speed.

6 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Maybe it just doesn't show up on the Level Up/Promotion screen because it's completely static? Most stats can increase with level, while classes have different movement. Also, Dimitri has 15 AS with a Javelin before he levels up, so that's when he still has 18 speed.

Wait, what video is that? In the Kotaku one he levels speed at 01:51, and we see his AS of 15 at 02:38 with a Javelin, then 12 with a Steel lance right after that.

Edit: Oh, the Polygon one maybe? He's already gone from 23 to 24 before it begins, he probably got speed then

Edited by Cysx

Ferdinand just made to my top 3. Cool.

However, while I love this idea of ''Hey, kids! Who wants to start a revolution against my home-country?!'', I think this was only his way of making a ''test'' to Byleth. But..If this is the case, he shouldn't be recrutable, so...I''ll keep the idea of him wanting to end the Empire.

14 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I don't think they'd get a scout option only for them to answer "not interested, ever", but if you're willing to believe that, I guess it's not 100%.

Didn't make my question clear sorry, I was asking if Hubert, Dedue and idk who the third is are confirmed to be non recruitable. It would be the obvious thing, but I haven't actually seen a confirmation yet.

Just now, timon said:

Didn't make my question clear sorry, I was asking if Hubert, Dedue and idk who the third is are confirmed to be non recruitable. It would be the obvious thing, but I haven't actually seen a confirmation yet.

Oh, gotcha, sorry.

... now that you mention it, no, I don't think that was confirmed.

6 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Wait, what video is that? In the Kotaku one he levels speed at 01:51, and we see his AS of 15 at 02:38 with a Javelin, then 12 with a Steel lance right after that.

Edit: Oh, the Polygon one maybe? He's already gone from 23 to 24 before it begins, he probably got speed then

They use Divine Pulse in the Kotaku video, resetting the level.

23 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

They use Divine Pulse in the Kotaku video, resetting the level.

Oh, indeed. Point to you.

Edit:

37 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Maybe it just doesn't show up on the Level Up/Promotion screen because it's completely static? Most stats can increase with level, while classes have different movement.

It's not on the stat screens we've seen either, though:

Spoiler

eVEW2SL.jpg

... maybe movement type mixed with something... But Linhardt having just 1 makes that really unlikely too...

Edited by Cysx

There's a fairly obvious reason why Petra wants Riding instead of Flying or Swords (and why Lysithea wants Faith instead of Reason). If Petra is good at Flying, and you need to be good at Flying to recruit her, then congratulations; you've just recruited a superfluous character! Oh, and all the other characters you can recruit with your high Flying skill are also specialized in Flying, so have fun with that! It makes sense for the characters to demand Byleth to train in something different than what they themselves will be training in, so that the game doesn't encourage you to homogenize your party.

I like the look of the Paladin on the fourth page! I thought it was Great Knight at first, in fact, until I put some text through Google translate. XD

Is Great Knight even in the game though? I would hope so considering we've had it present in the last two new FE games (not counting Echoes).

Though what's with female Byleth wearing lighter gray robes than the male in some shots? That some kind of class promotion?