Famitsu Online Article Drops

Azz

1 hour ago, Nio said:

I wonder, would this be the last Famitsu article? The game is out in a month, so i dont know if they would give us this much new info just before is out.

As mentioned we should get the rest of the advanced classes in the next one which at this point is likely the last major one since we pretty much got almost everything we need to know about the game the last one could be a summary of everything but we have at least 2 more remaining.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to know some more skill strengths and weaknesses of the Golden Deer students before the game comes out. I'd like to plan ahead a little.

Do we know how support conversations work? We know that we can raise our support with characters via different activities but how do we unlock the actual support conversations? 

Do we have them on the battle field like in the GBA games or in the basement like in Awakening/Tellius etc.? It’d be nice to know this, especially the ones with Byleth since they’re silent.

If I remember correctly this was one of the topics addressed before Fates came out... 

1 minute ago, berriicoco said:

Do we know how support conversations work? We know that we can raise our support with characters via different activities but how do we unlock the actual support conversations? 

Do we have them on the battle field like in the GBA games or in the basement like in Awakening/Tellius etc.? It’d be nice to know this, especially the ones with Byleth since they’re silent.

If I remember correctly this was one of the topics addressed before Fates came out... 

I believe we know that support ranks exist, and know at least in part what they do. But still no word on if traditional support conversations exist at all let alone were/when they'll be taking place. It kinda wouldn't surprise me if they were excluded given that they haven't addressed them at all and they seem to have built alot of opportunities for character dialogue in the Monastery.

2 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

I believe we know that support ranks exist, and know at least in part what they do. But still no word on if traditional support conversations exist at all let alone were/when they'll be taking place. It kinda wouldn't surprise me if they were excluded given that they haven't addressed them at all and they seem to have built alot of opportunities for character dialogue in the Monastery.

This is definitely a possibility! They did say that Three Houses has a different way of character interactions (as we know now). So it wouldn’t be too surprising if they dropped support conversations.

Still I’d love to see them and have them confirmed before the game releases. Base conversations like they did in Tellius or Echoes even were amazing too and would be awesome in Three Houses! 

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

I'm not denying that it's possible, I will however maintain that it makes little sense in the context of a video game. Commands are really about what you can do; giving a "recruit" option to someone who cannot be recruited period is counter-intuitive, just like putting the option to try and become a Pegasus knight for males(which could also add flavor if we're going to make that argument) when they can't.

You're thinking in terms of realism but commands in video games rarely have realism as their main focus; instead, they tend to go for "straightforward and easy to understand", like pretty much any good interface I can think of. As a result, it's more logical to think of the "Scout" option for Marianne as "serves the purpose the scout option serves for seemingly everyone else" rather than "actually serves a different purpose entirely, most of which could have been fulfilled by not having the option at all".
That doesn't prove it, but that's the logic.

It make perfect sense in context of video game though. It's realistic in sense of basic role play (not in sense of advanced physics or such), it's same thing like you can actually attack Black Knight in PoR or Fargus in FE7 even though it's impossible beat them  or like in some video games you can give "reject quest" as one of choices just have NPC "convince" you to take it anyway. I Game can let you try, so you can see what happens, it's pretty much opposite of contra-intuitive. 

Think about it this way, removing this option for characters would have some people ask: "why can't recruit (for example) Hilda, it's weird!", but if it leave that option you can have Hilda give you reason why she wouldn't join your class instead.

Edited by Tenzen12

Supports are outside of battle again like Tellius/Fateswakening, you can see it in the pre-battle menu. As for conversations, if I recall correctly I don't think we had supports (and marriage) confirmed for Fates until 2-3 weeks before its release. I'd be really surprised if they got rid of support conversations with no robust replacement for them, they were a pretty big part of the 3DS games' appeal.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

It make perfect sense in context of video game though. It's realistic in sense of basic role play (not in sense of advanced physics or such), it's same thing like you can actually attack Black Knight in PoR or Fargus in FE7 even though it's impossible beat them  or like in some video games you can give "reject quest" as one of choices just have NPC "convince" you to take it anyway. I Game can let you try, so you can see what happens, it's pretty much opposite of contra-intuitive. 

Think about it this way, removing this option for characters would have some people ask: "why can't recruit (for example) Hilda, it's weird!", but if it leave that option you can have Hilda give you reason why she wouldn't join your class instead.

By video game I meant a piece of software where ideally, everything has a place and a purpose. And I said that because, again, the role of an interface is to provide directions rather than world-building. Your examples have considerably more going on than a simple choice(And Fargus is locked at one range, he can very much be defeated in a turn) but I'd say they also don't work because attacking either of those two is fundamentally the same as attacking any other enemy in the game, while in our case it's the same option for a different result.

Things can be self-explanatory. Nobody but Robin can romance Say'ri but there was no need to give everyone the option so that the player could try and be told that it doesn't work. Sure, some people will ask why, just like some people would be bothered that the option appeared, only for it to lead to nothing.

Either way, we've both made our case I think, let's just see how it goes.

12 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Agreed with that, not seeing the button is a problem because you'd think it's some kind of bug or maybe you have to wait or do something to enable it, if you do scout and they say "I'm loyal I'll never join" the player now knows.

As an example, I remember training a Haunter to level 100 in pokemon fire red, it never evolved. I would've loved a "scouting" option for evolution methods, because needing a wiki to understand how the game works is bad game design. In the same way in FE3H someone could try to raise support levels, give gifts, do whatever to enable the option of scouting a character, when that's not even possible.

Ingrid not having the option in that screenshot is another thing, she's already in Byleth's house, scouting wouldn't make sense.

Also the word "scout" inherently means that you don't know the outcome.

Edited by timon

Hate to bump, but in my quest to discover initial Skill Levels for all the students in Blue Lions and Golden Deer (*) I apparently missed Leonie going HAM.

In the Golden Deer section, we have shots of Raphael, Ignatz, and Leonie. The first two are at level 10, and while we don't know what level Leonie is, one assumes she's at a similar point. But check out the comparative Skill Prowesses:

• Raph: Axes 1, Fighting 2, Authority 1, Swords 1
  • Iggy: Swords 1, Bows 2, Authority 1
  • Leonie: Lances 3, Bows 2, Authority 1, Swords 5

Sword Prowess 5! Damn girl, slow down.

(*)

Spoiler

What I currently have put together for the other houses:

In Blue Lions, we know:

• Dimitri: D+ Lances and Riding, D in Authority, E+ Swords
  • Dedue: D+ Axes, D Armour, E+ Lances and Fighting

And there is proof of:

• Felix: D Swords, E+ Fighting, possibly something in Bows and the Movement Skills
  • Mercedes: D in Faith, E+ in Reason, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Ashe: D in Bows, E+ in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Annette: D in Reason, possibly E+ in Authority and/or Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Sylvain: D/E+ in Lances and in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Ingrid: D in Lances, E+ in Swords, likely something in the Movement Skills

In Golden Deer, we know very little. But can glean:

• Claude: Likely D/D+ in Bows and Flying, E+ in Swords and Authority
  • Lorenz: D in Lances and E+ in Authority, possibly E+ in Reason and D in Riding
  • Hilda: D in Axes, E+ in Lances, possibly something in everything else (no hints for this character)
  • Raphael: D in Fighting, E+ in Axes, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
  • Lysithea: Likely D in Reason, possibly something in everything else (no hints for this character)
  • Ignatz: D in Bows, E+ in Swords, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Marianne: D in Faith, possibly E+ in Authority, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
  • Leonie: Likely D in Swords, E+ in Lances, possibly E+ in Bows and D in Riding or the other Movement Skills

Edited by LSM