Your Plan For Student Classes?

What are everybody's plans for the students' class paths? I have Brigand in mind for Edelgard (I'm getting a bit tired of Sword Lords, and I love the idea of this cool-headed, dignified lady punching people in the face), and either Thief or Archer for Bernadetta. (I wanted to make her a sword wielder, but sadly, A: She's terrible with them, B: Hero is male-only.) Of course, if Wyvern Riders are in the game...she's going straight over to that class. I've got a good feeling about Ferdinand as a Mercenary->Hero, and Hubert can just go over to Mage. Byleth will probably be a Mage as well, and Dorothea's class will be heavily dependent on the way they're doing refreshers, if at all.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know that Wyvern Rider is in already.

I'll just list the advanced classes for now.

Black Eagles:

Spoiler

Byleth - Bishop

Edelgard - If she has a unique Advanced class, that one. If not, than I'll have her be Fortress.

Hubert - Warlock (going through Dark Mage rather than Mage)

Dorothea - Warlock

Ferdinand - Paladin

Bernadetta - Wyvern Rider

Caspar - Grappler

Petra - Assassin/Rogue

Linhardt - Bishop

Blue Lions:

Spoiler

Byleth - Warlock (through Dark Mage)

Dimitri - Unique Class or Paladin

Dedue - Fortress

Felix - Swordmaster

Mercedes - Bishop

Ashe - Paladin (unless he has a weakness in Riding)

Annette - Warlock

Sylvain - Wyvern Rider (unless he has a weakness in Flying)

Ingrid - Wyvern Rider

Golden Deer:

Spoiler

Byleth - Swordmaster

Claude - Unique Class or Wyvern Rider

Lorenz - Paladin

Hilda - Berserker/Warrior

Raphael - Fortress or Grappler

Lysithea - Warlock

Ignatz - Assassin/Rogue

Marianne - Bishop

Leonie - Paladin

Edited by BastienSoul

Ah yes, I've been thinking about this recently. I'm also focusing Edelgard in axes. I'm thinking Hubert as a mage, Petra as a myrmidon, Ferdinand as cavalier or wyvern rider, Caspar as brawler, Linhardt hopefully as a mounted mage or just a plain mage, Dorothea as a Pegasus Knight unless there's something better for refreshers, and Bernadetta as an archer or cavalier.

I also want to recruit any of Ashe as an archer, Ingrid as a Pegasus Knight, Marianne as a mage, Felix as a hero, Mercedes as a mage, Hilda as a mage, and Dedue as a knight/cavalier.

For my first run, I'm gonna try to stick to one class per tier for each of my units (as restrictive it may be), however I also have other classes for them to go down if I need say a thief is there are a lot of chests or there is nice stuff to steal. So for Blue Lions (which will be my first house):

Spoiler

Byleth: Myrmidon->Mercenary/Dark Mage or Mage->Hero/Swordmaster (I haven't decided if I'm playing as m!Byleth or f!Byleth and I wanna see what class skills Swordmaster has)/Warlock

Dimitri: Soldier->Lord/Cavalier->Unique class if it exists/Paladin

Dedue: Fighter->Armoured Knight/Brawler->Fortress/Grappler

Felix: Myrmidon->Mercenary/Thief->Hero/Swordmaster (Swordmaster if I play m!Byleth, Hero for f!Byleth)/Assassin (If that's what it's name is)

Mercedes: Monk->Priest->Bishop

Ashe: Fighter->Archer/Brigand->Sniper/Warrior (Again if that is what it's called

Annette: Monk->Mage->Warlock

Sylvain: Soldier->Cavalier/Armoured Knight->Paladin/Fortress

Ingrid: Soldier->Pegasus Knight/Cavalier->Wyvern Rider/Paladin

I need to see what else Mercedes and Annette are good at to decide on their extra classes

Edited by Azz

I kind of want Byleth to be a Magic Knight, so whatever foot class is best for that.

For everyone else, I'm probably going to mostly stick with whatever they're inherently good at. No point forcing things until I know how the games works.

Everyone: spear infantry. Just give me spear infantry please, we got soldier, that's good I love it, but give me an endgame spear infantry class pls.

On a more serious note (not that the previous one is bad) I haven't decided yet, but I don't want to abuse too much the free for everyone class system so I'll try to not overdo on the mounted/flying units.
Edelgard is for sure getting an axe and I'm thinking of making her a mage as well (unless she has her personal class), Petra will probably fly and I'm hoping for a good sword/magic hybrid for Dorothea. Hubert has an interesting strength in bow but I think that gameplay wise a mage-archer might be a bit useless. Ferdinand goes on a horse and the other 3 eagles are going on the bench, I'll see who to steal from the other houses to replace them.

And I'll have to find a new archer since I was sold on Ashe, but he looks kinda wank post timeskip.

Spoiler

I’m starting with the Golden Deer class

My Byleth has no access to the hero class, so I’m thinking of making her into a swordmaster or cavalier.  

Claude: Lord class. Specializes in bows & lances.

Lorenz: Cavalier. Specializes in lances, swords and axes.

Hilda: Pegasus Knight. Specializes in lances & bows.

Raphael: Warrior. Specializes in axes, lances & gauntlets.

Lysithea: Mage. Specializes in black & white magic.

Ignatz: Archer or cavalier. Specializes in bows.

Marianne: Cleric. Specializes in white & black magic.

Leonie: Cavalier. Specializes in lances & bows.

If I can steal them:

Ashe: Cavalier. Specializes in bows & axes.

Sylvain: Cavalier. Specializes in lances, swords & axes.

Linhardt: Dark mage. Specializes in dark magic.

Bernadetta: Archer or mage.

Well this is my current plan for my class. I wonder if I can steal 4 students...

Edited by berriicoco

Keeping in mind that I don't really care too much for the Brawling stuff:

• Byleth: Seen some shots where they have a hidden talent in Faith, so might make that a strength. But focus skills on Swords, Authority, and a bit of Riding (to recruit Petra). Myrmidon to start, into a Thief and then Swordmaster/Assassin. (I figure I'll always want to be able to potentially Steal from enemies, so it's good if at least one of my units can always switch into Assassin before a mission.)

Black Eagles 

• Edelgard: Use Axes while focused on Authority and Flying (plus Group Task). Fighter, into Armoured Knight and Brigand, eventually a Wyvern Rider.
  • Hubert: Reason and Authority, with some work at his hidden talent in Lances for a physical fall-back weapon, and maybe work on Riding if expert classes have a mounted Reason user. Monk, Dark Mage, Warlock.
  • Dorothea: Hang onto a Sword for emergencies, but unlock hidden talent in Faith to go with her Reason. Monk, Mage, Warlock (or Priestess and Bishop).
  • Ferdinand: Emperor-I mean... umm... unlock his Armour hidden talent, but then focus on Lances, Authority and Riding. Soldier, Cavalier, Paladin.
  • Bernadetta: Lances and Bows early on, picking up some Flying with Edie. Fighter into Archer/Pegasus Knight, and Wyvern Rider/Sniper.
  • Caspar: Drop the Brawling and go for Axes and Swords, provided the latter's not a weakness. Myrmidon, Brigand/Mercenary and Warrior/Hero.
  • Petra: Swords up to a C early, then switch to working her Axes, Bows and Flying. Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin/Wyvern Rider.
  • Linhardt: Focus on Faith early along with Reason. Monk, Mage, Warlock. (Would turn into Bow Paladin, but appears to be physically weak.)

Blue Lions

• Dimitri: Let him join Ashe in a Riding Group Task, then focus his Goals on Swords and Authority while he wields Lances. Soldier, Lord/Cavalier, Paladin.
  • Dedue: His ability makes for a good lure, and his weaknesses are limiting. Axes, Lances, and Armour. Fighter, Brigand/Knight, Warrior/Fortress
  • Felix: Swords trained with his Bows used for range. Hidden Talent in Reason might get Tutored. Myrmidon, Mercenary/Thief, Swordmaster/Assassin.
  • Mercedes: Boring healer, unless a reveal of something interesting in her skills opens up other possibilities. Monk, Priestess, Bishop.
  • Ashe: Hidden talent in Lances unlocked, worked on with Riding and Bows. Fighter, Archer/Cavalier, to Sniper/Paladin to act as a mobile lockpick.
  • Annette: Reason and Faith trained, letting her potential Axes lapse. Monk, Mage, Warlock.
  • Sylvain: Once Lances are C and Riding D, drop them and focus on Axes and Flying (unless it's a weakness). Soldier, Brigand/Cavalier, Wyvern Rider
  • Ingrid: Lances, Authority and Flying. Might try to up her Faith if Falcon Knights returns to support Sylvain. Soldier, Pegasus Knight, Wyvern Rider.

Golden Deer

• Claude: Swords to a C, then Bows, Authority, and Flying. Fighter, Lord/Thief, Assassin/Wyvern Rider.
  • Lorenz: Lances, Authority, and Riding focused on. Soldier, Cavalier, Paladin.
  • Hilda: Depends on her Armour/Riding/Flying skills. Could see dropping the Axes after C and focusing on Lances and Flying. Soldier, Brigand/Pegasus Knight, Wyvern Rider.
  • Raphael: Depending on his skills, maybe a Fortress or Hero. But probably just focus on Axes and go Fighter, Brigand, Warrior.
  • Lysithea: Ability means she can be anything she wants. I'll let her use Reason and Faith while training things for Expert classes. Until then, Monk, Mage, Warlock.
  • Ignatz: Focus on Swords and Bows with a dash of Authority. Fighter, Archer, Assassin/Sniper.
  • Marianne: Designated healer. Maybe play up the Flying/Lances to end up a Falcon Knight? (She likes animals...) Monk, Priestess, Bishop.
  • Leonie: Lances, Bows, and Riding. Fighter, Archer/Cavalier, Paladin.
Edited by LSM

i think i'll play quite safe for the first 3 playthoughs, so i'll probably do basic stuff like bishop mercedes, sage dorothea and sniper ignatz

then i'll start mixing things up to fully comprehend the depth of the customizable aspect of the game

Edited by Yexin

Since I have planed to do BL for my first run thru, and to steal Dorothea and Raphael, I give my charas those classes:

Byleth > Hero

Dimitri > stays unique but has swords

Dedue > bench 

Felix > Swordmaster with bow

Mercy > Bishop with gauntlets 

Ashe > Paladin with Reason

Annette > bench

Sylvain > Thief 

Ingrid > versatile/haven't decided yet

Stolen Dorothea > Sage with Axes 

Stolen Raphael > Grabber with Faith

I would like to have at least one of all the classes. Im going blue lions so without looking into stats and details yet i think it will go like this

Blue Lions:

Dimitri - Lord

Dedue - Brigand/Knight

Felix - Mercenary

Mercedes - Priest

Ashe - Archer/Brawler

Annete - Mage

Sylvain - Cavalier

Ingrid - Pegasus Knight

Black Eagles:

Edelgard - Lord

Hubert - Dark Mage

Dorothea - Pegasus Knight/Archer/Priest

Ferdinand - Cavalier

Bernadetta - Mage

Caspar - Brigand/Brawler

Petra - Mercenary

Linhardt - Archer/Thief

Golden Deer:

Claude - Lord

Lorenz - Archer

Hilda - Pegasus knight/brigand

Lysthiea - Mage

Raphael - Knight/Brigand

Ignatz - Cavalier

Marienne - Priest 

Leonie - Thief/Mercenary

This isnt set in stone just my first glimpse at the characters. 

You know, looking at the class system I have to wonder how many characters will be able to cross the STR/MAG divide. Like, will anyone be able to jump from Brigand to Mage or vice versa and do well? I know mages can use weapons like anyone else but will any mage-type characters have the STR to do well with them? (Treehouse's attempt at Cav Linhardt isn't suggesting so) Or will say, Edelgard and Felix with their hidden Talents in Reason be able to get enough MAG to be worth it? Lysithea's personal skill would definitely suffer in my eyes if her stats lean too far to Magic classes, since she'd mostly be using it for Reason, Faith, and Authority (and she's likely got a strength in Reason and/or Faith already). Plus every mage class so far is foot-locked, so no benefits to the movement skills either.

Then again, the class change footage from Treehouse suggests 3H uses the Echoes method of pulling your stats up to class bases, which could make for some interesting possibilities with using certain strengths and extra seals to build up flagging stats. For example, assuming Petra is the typical fast but weak myrmidon, using her Strength in Axes to class into Brigand and maybe help out her HP and STR.

I don't know everything, but I know what classes I want some people to be.

Bernadetta - Armor-Bow(Like an archer and then into Fortress perhaps).

Dorothea - Myrmidon or Warlock

Lysithea - Cavalier or Bishop(preferably a mage knight class so she can ride across horseback wielding all the weapons)

Marianne - Cavalier(The Berkut X Rinea memes are just too real)

Annette - Cavalier or Peg.Knight I guess

Hilda - Peg. knight with axes

Edelgard - Myrmidon(with axes as well)

Sylvain - Cavalier

Petra - Peg.Knight with swords

I WAS thinking of making somebody a flying archer as well though, don't know who

40 minutes ago, Marros said:

You know, looking at the class system I have to wonder how many characters will be able to cross the STR/MAG divide. Like, will anyone be able to jump from Brigand to Mage or vice versa and do well? I know mages can use weapons like anyone else but will any mage-type characters have the STR to do well with them? (Treehouse's attempt at Cav Linhardt isn't suggesting so) Or will say, Edelgard and Felix with their hidden Talents in Reason be able to get enough MAG to be worth it? Lysithea's personal skill would definitely suffer in my eyes if her stats lean too far to Magic classes, since she'd mostly be using it for Reason, Faith, and Authority (and she's likely got a strength in Reason and/or Faith already). Plus every mage class so far is foot-locked, so no benefits to the movement skills either.

Then again, the class change footage from Treehouse suggests 3H uses the Echoes method of pulling your stats up to class bases, which could make for some interesting possibilities with using certain strengths and extra seals to build up flagging stats. For example, assuming Petra is the typical fast but weak myrmidon, using her Strength in Axes to class into Brigand and maybe help out her HP and STR.

Battalions should give a decent buff to certain stats you need. Like magic focused battalion granting + 4 magic. Although you have to take in consideration another skill level. 

Oh, this can be fun. I'll go with everyone since I'm too confused about which house to choose:

Spoiler

Byleth-Hero?

Dimitri-...You know what? Hero with Lances. Makes him into a Offensive nightmare, remains true to Soldier-Ephraim and might work well with Lances (Even without the ''class-bonus''). However, if everything goes south, I'm going with the lame Paladin.

Edelgard-I'm making her a Axe-Mage. You can't stop me.

Claude-Either ''Bow Knight'' (Paladin) or Bow-Wyvern.

Hubert-I don't really care about this guy. ''Magic is Everything!'' Warlock.

Dorothea- Mage-Myrmidon.

Ferdinand-My main pick for a Paladin/Cavalier. He's going to be my Lance-Abel.

Bernadetta-Archer or Archer-General just for fun. (I wonder if the Growths will remain the same..That would be fun.)

Caspar-Akihiko.

Petra-Either a Swordmaster or a Sword-Pegasus.

Linhardt-Easy. Mage Knight....Please tell me this game is going to have Mage Knight's for the love of-

Dedue-General. He's perfect for that.

Felix-Your average Hero.

Mercedes-Bishop. She's my favorite Healer until now. 

Ashe-Bow Knight for sure. (Might make him a Thief just to piss some friends off)

Annette-Hm..I don't know. Maybe Warlock+Bows? (I do feel like I'm having way too much archers..)

Sylvain-My 2° pick for Paladin/Cavalier. He's going to be my Kieran (axes and swords).

Igrid-Pegasus Knight probably. But she's going to be a Soldier for a long time until she promotes.

Lorenz-I don't want to bully him, but he's going to be a Soldier until the end.

Hilda-Charlotte 2° (Brigand?)

Raphael-General or Brigand.

Lysithea-Offensive Bishop/Sage.

Ignatz-Another Archer/Sniper.

Marianne-Bishop with a Lance.

Leonie-Brigand or Mercenary? (Actually, I don't know what are her Boons/Flaws)

When a robot plays FE3H:

• Aim for the highest class available in the game.
  • If the student has strength in any Magic Skills, choose a class that uses some magic.
  • If the student has strength in any Movement Type, choose the corresponding class.
  • If the student has strength neither in any Magic or any Movement Type, match the strength with the corresponding class.
  • Make sure to choose the class that trains the required weapon of the following class. (ie. Fighter -> Armor Knight)

Byleth is going to make a Swordmaster because that's my favorite class and have Dimitri be in the Lord class. As for the other students I plan to wing it. I'll likely be at least a little experimental but otherwise build students to fill gaps that I need.

Going Blue Lions for my first playthrough. 

Byleth - Swordmaster/Warlock. Byleth has a powerful sword, but I also really like magic, so might adopt a SoV style Priestess (swords and magic).
Dimitri - Lord/Paladin. Might do Priest. Not sure why, but i want to give him White Magic (maybe like a DnD/classic Paladin?). 
Dedue - Fortress. I need a strong tank and his skills line up perfectly.
Felix - Swordmaster/Assassin. Not much else.
Mercedes - Bishop. She'll be my main healer.
Ashe - Sniper. His personal skill is locktouch, so thief/assassin is redundant, so making use of his Bow Proficiency.
Annette - Warlock. My main magic castor.
Sylvain - Paladin. Seems like that is his go-to class.
Ingrid - Pegasus Knight/Paladin. Will vary depending on situation.

Not sure who I want to steal yet, but might lean towards more magic users. Otherwise Dorothea, Bernadetta, and Marianne will be top choices.

I mostly intend go with you flow with few exceptions :

Ashe - Paladin :If I can get thief with cavalry movement and survivability

Leonie & Sylvain - Paladins/Wyvern riders: If I can get them into same house, I want them have matching movement and ability act as detached force. 

Okay, I'll give it a go!

Blue Lions (first playthrough):

Spoiler

F!Byleth: Wyvern Rider

Dimitri: Paladin or Canon Promotion

Ingrid: Pegasus Knight

Sylvain: Paladin or another cavalry class

Annette: Warlock

Ashe: Sniper

Mercedes: Bishop or another healer class

Dedue: Fortress

Felix: Swordmaster

Stolen Units (if possible):

Marianne: Pegasus Kight or Bishop

Linhardt: Bishop

Dorothea: Warlock

Lysithea: Warlock or similar

Black Eagles first time, gonna try to make them what they are good at.

Thing is, we dont know much about growth rates and that stuff yet, so i dont want to make, lets say, Petra a magic user if i cant even get 1 point every 5 lvls cause her growths are no good for magic.

So first time is gonna be:

Edelgard: Wyvern Lord
Petra: Pegasus Knight
Ferdinand: Paladin
Bernnadetta: Paladin
Caspar: Hero/something good with axes, maybe even Wyvern Lord.
Dorothea/Linhard: One of those is gonna be the healer and the other the Reasons magic user, it depends on how good is Dorothea once it gets her hidden skill bonus. The other would be just a Warlock
Hubert: Probably Dark Mage then Warlock.

Edited by Nio

Black Eagles:

Bernadetta: Archer/Knight

Petra: Pegasus Knight

Caspar: Brawler

Ferdinand: Cavalier

Blue Lions:

Mercedes: Priest

Felix: Mercenary

Ashe: Thief

Ingrid: Cavalier/Pegasus Knight

Golden Deer:

Hilda: Brigand

Lysithea: Mage

Ignace: Archer

Lorenz: Cavalier

That's all I have for now. Pardon the unoriginality. 

Took this style from LSM above because it appealed to me, hope you don't mind. I also don't know much about the characters or how weapons to classes work in this game so apologies if this seems kinda odd.

• Byleth: Myrmidon > Thief/Mercenary > Hero or Swordmaster

Black Eagles 

• Edelgard: Fighter > Brigand (Low chance for Lord cause I want her using axes) > Warrior or Wyvern Rider
  • Hubert: Monk > Dark Mage > Warlock
  • Dorothea: Monk > Priest > Bishop
  • Ferdinand: Soldier > Knight > Fortress
  • Bernadetta: Fighter > Archer > Sniper
  • Caspar: Fighter > Brawler > Grappler
  • Petra: Myrmidon > Pegasus Knight > Wyvern Rider (I guess no Falcon Knight this time?)
  • Linhardt: Monk > Mage > Bishop (Unless if he has a hidden talent with riding or lances! Then he's going down the Soldier > Cavalier > Paladin route!)

Blue Lions

• Dimitri: Soldier > Lord/Cavalier > Paladin
  • Dedue: Soldier > Knight > Fortress 
  • Felix: Myrmidon > Thief/Myrmidon > Swordmaster/Assassin (Heavily depends on how good each class' skills are)
  • Mercedes: Monk > Priest > Bishop
  • Ashe: Soldier/Fighter, but I can't really say here without knowing if he has any movement proficiencies.
  • Annette: Monk > Mage > Bishop
  • Sylvain: Soldier > Cavalier > Paladin (Gotta get my red cavalier)
  • Ingrid: Soldier > Pegasus Knight > Wyvern Rider

Golden Deer

• Claude: Fighter > Thief/Archer (Probably no Lord due to no bow use) > Assassin/Sniper
  • Lorenz: Soldier > Cavalier > Paladin
  • Hilda: Soldier but without knowing any movement talents I can't say much more
  • Raphael: Fighter > Brawler > Grappler
  • Lysithea: Monk > Mage > Bishop (With her skill though I might just do whatever I want, really)
  • Ignatz: Fighter > Thief/Archer > Assassin/Sniper
  • Marianne: Monk > Priest > Bishop (Unless if we get Falcon Knights, which I hope we do)
  • Leonie: Fighter > Archer > Sniper > Hopefully Bow Knight of some form

Still don't know enough about a lot of character's talents and the actual class skills, so this is very much a temporary list. Really hope there's more fighting talented characters because I always want more fist-fighters in games!

Only doing Blue Lions because I haven't given much thought to the other classes because they are genetically inferior.

Byleth: Assassin (Master Thief) Because I need a Stealer and I don't see Byleth having strength issues so it should be fine. Who knows, maybe the get increased movement.

Dimitri: Gold Knight/Canon: If his canon class ain't mounted then I go Gold Knight.

Dedue: General: Don't really see much point not to as his speed is abysmal and his mounted move types are weaknesses.

Felix: Vanguard: Because it's cool and he's cool and It's canon. Does it for me.

Mercedes: Saint: Because I need a healer and she's a healer. If mounted mages are a thing(which I think there will be) she is becoming a Falcon Knight with healing.

Ashe: Either Marksmen or Bow knight(If not a class just Gold knight that uses bows). I'll have to the skills on each one and if more mov>more range. I would prefer Bow knight.

Annette: Sage: Because I need a Mage and she's a mage. Again if mounted mages are a thing she is becoming a Mage knight(or whatever magic mount is available).

Ingrid: Falcon Knight: She is good with Swords, Lances, Faith and Flying. What else are you going to make her?

Sylvain: Wyvern Lord/Gold Knight: I would like to have him join Ingrid in the skies so they can support and Sylvain can get his personal every turn, but if he has a weakness in flying, or if Gold knight is just better I will do that instead.

If mounted mages exist, I will have 6 mounted units and 3 unmounted ones, but I think we will be okay due to, Gambits boosting movement for the foot units, and being able to dismount it avoid effective damage.