Your Plan For Student Classes?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Does the Dark Knight class require a Dark Mage certification?

No it doesn’t thankfully.

9 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Only Dark Bishop requires that, as Dark Knight is gender neutral.

Yes! Ok, now I'm gonna edit my build for Annette.

Edited by Bk1234

I will also go with the flow and just choose the natural fitting classes for each character. However I don't like to use cavalry classes, so unless they absolute scream "I'm a horse rider" (like Marianne for example) they will keep being foot soldiers.

I'm picking the Black Eagles and I'm recruiting Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Which character would be the BEST fit for Holy Knight? Keep in mind Flayn is recruited after a story mission and some teachers are recruitable.

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I'm picking the Black Eagles and I'm recruiting Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Which character would be the BEST fit for Holy Knight? Keep in mind Flayn is recruited after a story mission and some teachers are recruitable.

Linhardt is your best option here, along with Manuela if she's not your dancer.

All your recruits favor Gremory. Lysie and Annie may consider Mortal Savant, especially the former. (Make use of that Levin Sword)

@Jayvee94 Thanks! I think I'll go with Manuela (Dorothea will be my Dancer) because I'm making Linhardt my Dark Mage. Is making Annette a Dark Knight a bad idea? Mortal Savant Lysithea is an interesting approach I might consider it!

Do we know Manuela's strengths/weaknesses?

Oops sorry for double-posting!

Edited by Bk1234

Just now, Bk1234 said:

@Jayvee94 Thanks! I think I'll go with Manuela (Dorothea will be my Dancer) because I'm making Linhardt my Dark Mage. Is making Annette a Dark Knight a bad idea? Mortal Savant Lysithea is an interesting approach I might consider it!

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Do we know Manuel's strengths/weaknesses?

Strong in Swords, Faith and Flying, weak in Reason and Heavy Armour, no budding talent.

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Is making Annette a Dark Knight a bad idea?

I believe she'd be competing with your Hubert. However, if you're fine with an extra Dark Knight, then feel free to do so.

Edited by Jayvee94

4 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Strong in Swords, Faith and Flying, weak in Reason and Heavy Armour, no budding talent.

So either Dancer(fitting) or Gremory(also fitting if you work extra hard on her Reason magic which can't bud for some strange reason) is one of the best choices to go! Flying depends but there no magic flyers to fully use her spells so far....

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

@SpiceMan Thanks! Is there a source for the strengths and weaknesses of the teachers/monastery people?

Sadly no. All of the teachers strengths so far are from leaks. So far we only know Flayn’s, Manuela’s and Hanneman’s. However based on faculty training/seminars we can gleam that Gilbert is good at lances, axes, armour and riding, Alois is good at axes, brawling and armour, Catherine is good at swords and brawling, Shamir is good at lances and bows (and maybe flying based in her stats) and Seteth is good at lances and authority.

Again this is pure estimation (though Manuela taught swords, faith and flying and Hanneman taught bows, reason and riding and they were their strengths so I would say they are mostly correct).

@Jayvee94 She would be competing with Linhardt, but I'm already gonna have two (maybe three) other students in the Gremory class (Mercedes, Flayn, and maybe Lysithea.) Mortal Savant requires an A in Swords and a B+ in Reason would it still be a good fit for Lysithea? Also, when do we first get a Levin Sword?

@Dorothea Joestar Arnold For Manuela, I'm gonna go Holy Knight because I need one, and her strengths/weaknesses won't make it too hard!

@Azz Ok. For the monastery people my builds aren't TOO creative. (Flayn- Gremory, Manuela- Holy Knight, Hanneman- Dark Knight, Gilbert- Great Knight, Alois- War Master, Catherine- Mortal Savant, Shamir- Bow Knight, Seteth- Wyvern Lord.)

I am confused with Cyril. I was gonna make him go down the Thief line but none of the master classes would fit him. So I think I'll go down the Archer line?

Oh can we assign Skill Focuses to Byleth and the monastery people?

Edited by Bk1234

@Bk1234 you could make him go thief, assassin then bow knight, you’d just have to train him in lances and riding alongside swords and bows

Going with BL for first playthrough. Will recruit as many teachers and officer academy people and Felix and then either Marianne or Lysithea. 

I am thinking of having Dorothea as a dancer and Lysithea as a gremory, Felix as an alternative sword user other than byleth and I don't know about te teachers which are supposedly easier to recruit. 

I don't know what to do when it comes to my wyvern rider but that will come over time. 

29 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I am confused with Cyril. I was gonna make him go down the Thief line but none of the master classes would fit him. So I think I'll go down the Archer line?

Oh can we assign Skill Focuses to Byleth and the monastery people?

Was Cyril's strengths and weaknesses revealed yet? I just know he is good with an axe from a preview I read, and from his description he can use bows.

Yes, the monastery people (Professors / Neutrals) essentially become students. The linked video shows them in the instruction screen : https://youtu.be/uDE3wClZQJk?t=176

Makes me think there is no real reason to recruit other students from other houses other then your personal likes/dislikes of their personalities.

Edited by IzzyFresh

Oh, since I didn't mention it in my previous post... I may also go with canon classes if I have any problems toggling around the first playthrough. I will also be recruiting as many staff/non-student characters as I can.

4 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

Was Cyril's strengths and weaknesses revealed yet? I just know he is good with an axe from a preview I read, and from his description he can use bows.

His strengths and weaknesses were not revealed yet, but he was shown as a Thief in IGN's class video.

Mortal Savant requires an A in Swords and a B+ in Reason. Would Lysithea with a Levin Sword be a good fit for this class or would it be too difficult?

Just now, Bk1234 said:

His strengths and weaknesses were not revealed yet, but he was shown as a Thief in IGN's class video.

Mortal Savant requires an A in Swords and a B+ in Reason. Would Lysithea with a Levin Sword be a good fit for this class or would it be too difficult?

I honestly think Lysithea is one of the best Mortal Savant candidates.

However, she can easily get away with being a Gremory with a Sword specialty too. She gets double WEXP in battles, so she still gains 6 WEXP even in a class that does not have a proficiency. Most people only get 5 when they use a class with proficiency, so this is significant.

This also makes her an amazing dancer, since Dancer can use magic and has a proficiency in swords. 6 WEXP for any magic, 10 WEXP for any Sword Attacks.

Honestly she is just an amazing character in general.

23 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

I honestly think Lysithea is one of the best Mortal Savant candidates.

Really?! Wow! 

23 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

Honestly she is just an amazing character in general.

That's why I'm recruiting her! 😁 Hopefully Levin Swords aren't too hard to get! 

Edited by Bk1234

Lysithea needs to be a gremory tbh. From what we know of her she's probably going to be your typical glass cannon, and she's probably one of the most powerful mages in the game.
No reason to limit her with Mortal Savant, a Levin Sword is not enough to use your time in swords when you can train her Faith and get White Magic.
Also consider that she seems to naturally learn a lot of Dark Magic, so Black Tomefaire is basically useless on her, while Gremory gives her double uses of all spells.

The only reason to put a physical weapon on Lysithea is early on, when you don't have enough magic to get through a battle. But her ability means that she levels up skill levels faster than others, with Reason and Faith (where she has a strength as well) that means getting spells at a crazy fast rate, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to forget the side weapon quickly enough.

Also I feel like she'd be a bit wasted as a Dancer, that class is not really a "final class", so I expect growths and caps won't be as high (this may not be true, but it was so in previous games). Turning a nuke mage in a utility unit is a bit of a shame tbh.

@timon Good point. Hmm...  I think I'll go Gremory then. Do you think she'll overshadow Flayn and Mercedes who are also in the Gremory class? I mean... Byleth and Catherine will be in the Mortal Savant class so it's not like I need any.

Edited by Bk1234