Your Plan For Student Classes?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@firewitch912 Thanks, I forgot about Choir.

Is putting Edelgard through the Armored Knight path a good idea? 

Reveal hidden contents

Her Timeskip class is Armored Lord, so I was wondering if it was mandatory in order to get the class.

Spoiler

She starts in the class automatically if I understand the leak correctly

But it's probably good to put her on the armored knight path so that she can start training the connected skill levels and gaining the abilities that come with them. Otherwise she might have to play a bit of catchup in that regard

Just now, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So... any ways to improve the movement class proficiencies (Armor, riding, flying) outside of going into their respective classes? You know, considering the Master classes (something feels incomplete about them).

Tutoring, and group activities on the weekends. 

9 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She starts in the class automatically if I understand the leak correctly

But it's probably good to put her on the armored knight path so that she can start training the connected skill levels and gaining the abilities that come with them. Otherwise she might have to play a bit of catchup in that regard

Spoiler

Can she use magic? I'm not necessarily talking proficiency, but do you know if she's allowed to?

3 minutes ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

Can she use magic? I'm not necessarily talking proficiency, but do you know if she's allowed to?

We don't know yet; but I'll assume her Advanced Class doesn't but her Master Class does.

@Azz I think I'll go Noble -> Fighter/Myrmidon  -> Armored Knight/Lord -> Fortress Knight -> Great Knight -> Armored Lord. This may be incorrect because I'm a little unsure about the tiers post timeskip. Can you explain?

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@Azz I think I'll go Noble -> Fighter/Myrmidon  -> Armored Knight/Lord -> Fortress Knight -> Great Knight -> Armored Lord. This may be incorrect because I'm a little unsure about the tiers post timeskip. Can you explain?

I think you may be @ ing the wrong person but I'll help anyways lol

lowkey spoilers for others btw

Spoiler

Armoured Lord seems to be Edelgard's unique Advanced class and a more direct promotion of her Lord class from Intermediate tier so. If you want a single line then Noble->Fighter/Myrmidon->Lord->Armoured Lord->*Insert presumed unique Master class here* then that should be fine.

However, going Armoured Knight->Fortress Knight pre timeskip should help since there is no doubt that Edelgard will require to level up her Hvy Armour skill, but, you won't be going A.Knight->F.Knight->Great Knight->Armoured Lord since again Armoured Lord is Advanced tier (as far as we know) and you cannot get to Master tier pre skip (it seems anyways).

On 7/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Bk1234 said:

@SpiceMan Ok, you've convinced me, I'm making her a Holy Knight! Sadly, the students I want are Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Lysithea and Annette require Magic and Faith, while Mercedes requires Magic and Bow! It will be VERY difficult to get them.

I feel your pain... but I have a plan!  If we make Byleth a monk/magey class, then we get a magic growth bonus, and we can recruit them sooner!

Below plan for my Golden Deer, first playthrough run (may contain class spoilers). When slashes are used, that means I’ll choose the first class in that tier until the other class becomes available. 

Spoiler

1. M!Byleth

Monk - Mage/Dark Mage - Dark Bishop - Mortal Savant/Enlightened One

2. Claude

Fighter - Archer - Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Master - Wyvern Lord/Barbarossa

3. Hilda

Fighter - Armor Knight - Fortress Knight - Great Knight

4. Raphael

Fighter - Brawler - Grappler - War Master

5. Ignatz

Fighter - Archer - Sniper - Bow Knight

6. Leonie 

Soldier - Pegasus Knight - Wyvern Rider - Falcon Knight

7. Lysithea

Monk - Mage - Warlock - Gremory

8. Marianne

Monk - Priest - Bishop - Holy Knight

Recruits:

9. Linhardt

Monk - Mage/Dancer - Warlock/Dancer - Dancer

10. Ashe

Soldier - Thief (for Steal)/Cavalier - Paladin -  Bow Knight

I don't think putting characters into classes they don't otherwise fit it to level a specific skill is a good idea. That is what lessons and other after battle mechanics are for. If you want to level someone's specific skill you can do so without risking their effective contribution in battles.

2 hours ago, kremelover said:

I just found out, monk does NOT give magic growth!  It probably just gives early spells, so now I am not sure which beginner class to make BE Byleth... 

Myrmidons learn Swap/Spd+2, Soldiers learn Reposition/Def+2, Fighters learn Shove/Str+2, and Monks learn Draw Back/Mag+2, which could be something to consider if you like certain movement skills (although their effects aren't as important as in Heroes). Each class also grants a bonus to their focus weapon exp, which is their main draw to help gain weapon skills and ace certifications. It's small things to consider, and I think I'll first be in classes focusing on skill levels needed to recruit characters I like.

My Byleth is going Soldier>Cavalier to speed up the recruitment of Ashe/Petra and gain Reposition/Desperation along the way. There are the likely paths for my first GD run:

Spoiler

Byleth (male) - Soldier > Cavalier/Mercenary > Hero/Swordmaster > Enlightened One

-

Claude - Fighter > Lord/Archer > Wyvern Master > Barbarossa

Hilda - Fighter > Armored Knight/Cavalier > Fortress/Paladin > Great Knight

Ignatz - Myrmidon > Thief/Mage > Assassin/Warlock > Mortal Savant/Bow Knight

Leonie - Fighter > Archer/Cavalier > Sniper/Paladin > Bow Knight

Lorenz - Monk > Mage/Dark Mage > Dark Bishop > Dark Knight

Lysithea - Monk > Mage/Priest > Bishop > Gremory

Marianne - Soldier > Pegasus Knight/Cavalier > Paladin > Holy Knight/Falcon Knight 

Raphael - Fighter > Brawler/Brigand > Grappler > War Master

-

Ashe - Fighter > Brigand/Archer > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord

Bernadetta -  Fighter > Archer/Cavalier > Sniper/Paladin > Bow Knight

Dorothea - Monk > Mage/Mercenary > Bishop/Swordmaster > Mortal Savant + Dancer

Felix - Myrmidon > Mercenary/Mage > Swordmaster/Warlock > Mortal Savant

Petra - Soldier > Pegasus Knight/Thief > Swordmaster > Falcon Knight

-

Alois (War Master), Catherine (Mortal Savant), Cyril (Bow Knight), Flayn (Gremory/Falcon Knight), Hanneman (Dark Knight), Manuela (Holy Knight/Falcon Knight), Seteth (Wyvern Lord) and Shamir (Bow Knight)

Edited by Silent Mercenary

On 7/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, Silent Mercenary said:

Myrmidons learn Swap/Spd+2, Soldiers learn Reposition/Def+2, Fighters learn Shove/Str+2, and Monks learn Draw Back/Mag+2, which could be something to consider if you like certain movement skills (although their effects aren't as important as in Heroes). Each class also grants a bonus to their focus weapon exp, which is their main draw to help gain weapon skills and ace certifications. It's small things to consider, and I think I'll first be in classes focusing on skill levels needed to recruit characters I like.

My Byleth is going Soldier>Cavalier to speed up the recruitment of Ashe/Petra and gain Reposition/Desperation along the way. There are the likely paths for my first GD run:

Reveal hidden contents

Byleth (male) - Soldier > Cavalier/Mercenary > Hero/Swordmaster > Enlightened One

-

Claude - Fighter > Lord/Archer > Wyvern Master > Barbarossa

Hilda - Fighter > Armored Knight/Cavalier > Fortress/Paladin > Great Knight

Ignatz - Myrmidon > Thief/Mage > Assassin/Warlock > Mortal Savant/Bow Knight

Leonie - Fighter > Archer/Cavalier > Sniper/Paladin > Bow Knight

Lorenz - Monk > Mage/Dark Mage > Dark Bishop > Dark Knight

Lysithea - Monk > Mage/Priest > Bishop > Gremory

Marianne - Soldier > Pegasus Knight/Cavalier > Paladin > Holy Knight/Falcon Knight 

Raphael - Fighter > Brawler/Brigand > Grappler > War Master

-

Ashe - Fighter > Brigand/Archer > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord

Bernadetta -  Fighter > Archer/Cavalier > Sniper/Paladin > Bow Knight

Dorothea - Monk > Mage/Mercenary > Bishop/Swordmaster > Mortal Savant + Dancer

Felix - Myrmidon > Mercenary/Mage > Swordmaster/Warlock > Mortal Savant

Petra - Soldier > Pegasus Knight/Thief > Swordmaster > Falcon Knight

-

Alois (War Master), Catherine (Mortal Savant), Cyril (Bow Knight), Flayn (Gremory/Falcon Knight), Hanneman (Dark Knight), Manuela (Holy Knight/Falcon Knight), Seteth (Wyvern Lord) and Shamir (Bow Knight)

~~I think I'll go soldier too!~~

Changed my mind!  I think I'll go fighter!

Edited by kremelover
3 weapons > 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 2:15 AM, Cc920 said:

They've already shown you don't have to have exactly what stats a class requires to change into it, it just won't have an 100% chance of passing the exam so turning someone into a bow using merc or an axe using mortal savant is still probably a viable option. And if we can save before doing the class change exam you can just save scum at lower percentages

Savescumming doesnt work for exams. Its locked in week to week. However you can just wait one week without changing skills and try again, as the numbers rolled will be changed (in background). I've tried this. Scummed 8 times same week and same result. Tried next week and boom, 47% turned into success.

I had an idea for a bonkers team. (In my opinion)

Seteth, Leonie, Sylvain, and Hilda as flyers (interchangeable for the females, doesnt matter if its falco or wyvern). Organize them in a pattern so that its male/female vertically and horizontally so they all get the others passives.

Then, lysithea as gremory (of course), any bishop (Mercedes is nice because of fortify) to tank magic hits, and if you want you can throw in dedue, Raphael, or Ferdinand with all your defense items as a bow knight to tank front lines from anything including other archers without taking too much damage. If you level them as fortress knight for a while first you'll get tons of defense that can be retained for after class changing. This only takes 6 slots, then you add in PC and house leader, Bob's your uncle,  still slots to play with. (Petra and Ingrid and ashe as flyers just makes the game ludicrous and you can do the same for byleth if you really want)

Edited by Brandonstrong567

Byleth- hero/story class

Dimitri- paladin/story class

Dudue- warrior/war master

Felix- mortal savant

Sylvain- paladin/dark Knight

Ashe- bow knight

Ingrid- falco knight

Mercedes- bishop/gremory maybe

Anette- warlock/gremory maybe

Claude- sniper/story class

Raphael- fortress knight/war master