Fire Emblem Three Houses Information Compendium

This is my Fire Emblem Three Houses Information Compendium, gathered from a variety of different Sources. I highly recommend you give it a read, and leave your thoughts. Don't forget to share it with others who may not know about it, and possibly even content creators. I hope you enjoy it! read the Preface Please!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcBHX8uVsYsJZUfa2j8KZlgrgBOHubVbd1rLzc2mUdI/edit?usp=sharing

Update 1: I have added the Base Ranks and other things to do with Skill levels in the compendium. Any and all contributions would be wonderful. Progress on who si what class and what classes there are have been started on.

Update 2: Added a class list with all classes shown right now.

Edited by Oiprocs
Updating Information

Only just started reading, but I noticed you listed Ingrid's crest as originating from Farghus, when Daphnel is actually a location in Leicester.

Edit: Also, the X von Y naming convention also applies to some Alliance nobles (like Marianne or Lysithea). The Alliance uses both naming conventions

Edited by Samurai Hinata

1 hour ago, Samurai Hinata said:

Only just started reading, but I noticed you listed Ingrid's crest as originating from Farghus, when Daphnel is actually a location in Leicester.

Understood, it has been changed.

1 hour ago, LalaPony said:

The Eurogamer video didn't actually say anything about which characters are unrecruitable to my knowledge, although I feel Hubert is a foregone conclusion.

Marianne is actually recruitable according to the new famitsu article.

z_5d07a1268c95e.jpg

The first option is the recruit/scout option.

I am thinking that it may reject you, like she will say"no thanks". After all, how would Byleth know that Marianne would or would not want to be recruited? IF they select the option and go through it, I will change it. For now though, I feel it is best to keep it unchanged, but I have seen this before and am keeping an eye out just in case

I was thinking that too Samurai Hinata. That would explain their names. I'm still kinda looking into it though, as I still believe that Marianne is from Adrestia, making Lysithea the oddball. Hopefully is is just mixed though, that would make things a ton easier

MODEDIT: yo don't triple-post

When just talking about character details, try not to put your opinion in too often ("Character is interesting," etc.). I want to say not to do memey things like you did with Claude's portrait, but I guess that's up to you.

"He's basically Tsubaki from Fire Emblem Fates." I don't know if you do this anywhere else, but don't. What if the reader didn't play Fates? Also, it's Subaki in English.

Say for example Byleth experiences the entirety of the Black Eagles route, and it ends with him

Please don't do this for gender-selectable characters. Use gender-neutral language.

Not related to your document, but don't double/triple post. Use the edit button.

You really should remove the part about Marianne being unrecruitable. You only added it in the first place because someone claimed that a Spanish video said that, which was then debunked by several people who know Spanish. If I tricked people into thinking that the Flame Emperor is recruitable, and you added that to the compendium before i was found out, would you insist on not removing it as well?

Also it's false that Ingrid is the only one who's family name doesn't correspond to her elite crest. The same is true for Lysithea as well, and possibly some other characters.

Finally the character profiles for Byleth, Sothis, Jeralt, most of the Garreg Mach staff, Death Knight, Flame Emperor, Solon and Thales.

I do have to ask: What's your source for Catherine having a major crest, Felix being unrecruitable?

About Ingrid, it's probably just someone from Daphnel marrying into the Galatea family where her crest comes from. Also, Mercedes actually breaks that rule you mention, having the crest of Lamine, but her last name being Maltritz. It's also interesting to note that Lamine and Dominique are the only crest from Greats that have no corresponding landmark on the map.

For Lysithea it's probably just like with Ingrid: Someone from the Charon family married into the Cordelia family, while Catherine could very well be from the original Charon family (would also explain how she has the legendary weapon, as I'd assume they are mostly in family possession).

I think Marianne would have had her name changed to "von Edmund" upon adoption regardless of which naming convention her former name went by. Would be weird if some members of that family went by von while others used a middle name 😄 Especially with nobility, where names are very important. And with 3 nobles from Leicester using a von and 2 using middle names it's likely the alliance just has both naming conventions. Or maybe the nation just made itself independent in relatively recent history, with its territories formerly belonging to Adrestia and Faerghus? The most likely factor would be trade, as in the Alliance is economically very strong, maybe through trade with the neighboring country, so they gained enough power through their riches that they felt like they didn't want a master above them anymore (but I'm speculating again …)

Edit: I also think it would make more sense for the crest of Machuil to be to be the one near the top of the mural, next to Cichol, since all other saint crests are up there too

Edited by Samurai Hinata

To Florete: True, I should expand more than just say that he is Subaki, will change. I'll also try and sift through to change the language, I getcha. How should I reply to comments? Im really new here.

To Druplesnubb: Gotcha, didn't know it was debunked, I will work on removing that info. Changed it to say "One of the only characters" for Ingrid. Character Profiles for the others will come soon, at least the ones I have actual information on. I doubt I'm doing one on the flame emperor right now, as he just doesn't have much going on for him. We know next to nothing about him.

To Samurai Hinata: Mercedes doesn't break the rule, as her parents (from adrestia) could have named her like other adrestians, who do not have their crest in their last name. Yeah, I do agree with you on Ingrid, Cathrine/Lysithea, and Marianne. Will change now. Thankfully, I dont think that the major theory for Marianne gets changed too much.

49 minutes ago, Oiprocs said:

To Florete: True, I should expand more than just say that he is Subaki, will change. I'll also try and sift through to change the language, I getcha. How should I reply to comments? Im really new here.

if you're gonna be posting twice in a row, generally you just edit (if you think of it later) or just quote each post in sequence in one post

EDIT: if you click Quote on multiple posts they'll all get pasted into the post box, or you can fiddle with MultiQuote (the little + next to it)

Edited by Integrity

Going through this, if anything jumps out at me I'll mention it. One bit:

"He even has a natural Strength in Axes. It’s too bad we don’t know if he has a high base in axes though, as the treehouse players had already invested a lot into his rank."

We did actually get to see Ferdinand's initial skill levels in one of the Famitsu articles. He has D's in Lances and Riding, and E+'s in Swords and Axes.

l_5cd532368670d.jpg

On that note, would you be interested in adding that info to your document? @VincentASM has done a fantastic job compiling the known Strengths/Weaknesses/Hidden Talents of characters' skill levels, as well as @Calico's thread on the subject, but no one has really tried to catalogue starting skill levels yet, I think.

//

Some others:

Dimitri: D+ Lances and Riding, D Authority, E+ Swords

Spoiler

y_5cd52bdd09dd7.jpg

Dedue: D+ Axes, D Armour, E+ Lances and Brawling

Spoiler

l_5cd53236a7a4e.jpg

Edelgard: D in Axes, Authority, and Armour (*), E+ in Swords.

Spoiler

*Being Level 4, she potentially has some work put into her. But things seem consistent enough with others that this can be confidently stated. 

l_5ce7920e6d9f8.jpg

Byleth: D+ Swords, D Authority, E+ likely in two of your choosing (*).

Spoiler

*Below is Faith and Brawling, which we've seen in other footage of the F!Byleth that has been used for their Blue Lions run. The M!Byleth seen in various places with the Black Eagles has chosen Axes and a movement type in the Direct from earlier this year, and Brawling and Armour in the E3 Footage.

y_5cd52988df483.jpg

From the Direct video earlier in the year:

• Petra: D in swords and E in Authority. [Elsewhere we saw D in Flying. ??? for everything else.]
  • Dorothea: D in Reason, E+ in Swords, E for other weapons. [Elsewhere we saw E in Armour, Riding, and Flying.]
  • Linhardt: D in Faith, E+ in Reason, E elsewise.

Edited by LSM

There's also the Kotaku video, which has Black Eagles characters near the start of the game so some speculation can be done:

• Edelgard (level 11): C+ Axes and Authority, D Armour, E+ Swords and Flying. Matches above, with progress in Axes and Authority (focus and use) and Flying (from Air Patrol). The touch of Faith might be from Choir Practise. (Note that she and Petra have the same level, and we know both have a weakness in it, whereas Ferdinand does not.)
  • Hubert (5): C+ Reason, C Authority, D Bows. First two are from focus and use, and likely start as D and E+. Bows being a flat D is interesting. I think there's been two Seminars with Hanneman (effecting the Reason and Bows of him, Linhardt, Bernadetta, and Dorothea). But D suggests an E+ initial level for him (Linhardt and Dorothea are still at E+). Alternatively, we know that Bows are a Strength for him, so maybe that results in him getting more experience from the Seminars? That would mean an E in Bows.
  • Ferdinand (6): C Lances, D+ Axes, D Riding, E+ Swords. Matches above, with progress from Axe Tutoring/Use, and Focus/Use of Lances and Riding.
  • Linhardt (5): C+ Reason and Faith, E+ Bows. Matches above, with focus changed entirely to Reason and use in Faith, Seminar (?) in Bows.
  • Caspar (7): C Axes and Brawling. Very likely to start with D in Axes, E+ in Brawling, E everything else.
  • Bernadetta (3): C+ Bows, C Lances, E+ Reason and Flying. Likely starts with D in Bows and E+ in Lances. Her Flying E+ matches Edelgard's Air Patrol experience and likely starts as an E. The Reason I think is from Seminars/Tutoring, and probably starts as an E as well.
  • Dorothea (6): C+ Reason, C Swords, E+ Bows. Matches above known starting levels of D in Reason and E+ in Swords. As above, E+ in Bows matches with being from Seminars. Her Faith is almost to E+, which I assume is a combination of Choir Practise and Turtoring.
  • Petra (4): C+ in Swords, C in Axes, D in Flying, E+ in Bows. Her Swords and Axes seem to be from focus and use, and likely start as D and E+. Flying has not been raised via Air Patrol (that's all Bernie and Edie) so the D start is likely. The E+ in Bows is flat (so not matching the possible Seminar'd characters) which lead me to believe that's her initial level in it.

FETH17.jpg

Edited by LSM

Bear in mind that originally Treehouse localised "Noble" as "Aristocrat". So in this case, the fact that Petra is a Princess of another nation doesn't matter - she lacks the heritage of Fodlan's gentry. She's a foreign barbarian.

3 hours ago, LSM said:

FETH17.jpg

Ouch, that Hubert HP. Lv 5, and 4 HP lower than Bernadetta and Petra, who are Lvs 3 and 4. Uh oh my guy.

There's no seminar for helping students to be more thicc

I went through a bunch of the videos we've seen and tried to pay more attention to the combat forecasts (as they show equipped skills, and we know that units get "weapon skill level 1" once they have an E+ rank). A lot of the time, characters had less than 5 equipped weapon skills, which while not 100% guaranteeing that they don't have a rank in it, is very, very likely. (I also looked at the experience screens, but as the videos tended to be for units around level 15 this was less telling.)

Findings:

• From the E3 playtime with Blue Lions, Ashe and Sylvain definitely start with E's in Authority.
  • From a video on the Japanese website (of the Blue Lions during the first map), Mercedes definitely has a D in Faith, likely has a D or E+ in Reason (probably the latter), and likely E's in the other weapon skills. (Even her Bows, despite wielding one.)
  • From a video on the Japanese website, it is very likely that Ingrid starts with an E in Faith (as well as Axes, Bows, Fighting, and Reason). This is seconded by the E3 gameplay.
  • From the E3 gameplay, Sylvain likely starts with either a D or E+ in Lances and Axes, and E's in the other weapon skills. (And, as an aside, seems to have a really good Magic growth rate for a physical unit.)
  • From the E3 gameplay, Ashe likely starts with either a D or E+ in Bows and Axes, and E's in the other weapon skills.

//

Okay, new summary for what I currently have put together for the other houses:

In Blue Lions, we know:

• Dimitri: D+ Lances and Riding, D in Authority, E+ Swords
  • Dedue: D+ Axes, D Armour, E+ Lances and Fighting

And there is proof of:

• Felix: D Swords, E+ Fighting, possibly something in Bows and the Movement Skills
  • Mercedes: D in Faith, E+ in Reason, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Ashe: D in Bows, E+ in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Annette: D in Reason, possibly E+ in Authority and/or Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Sylvain: D in Lances, E+ in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Ingrid: D in Lances, E+ in Swords, likely something in the Movement Skills

In Golden Deer, we know very little. But can glean:

• Claude: Likely D/D+ in Bows and Flying, E+ in Swords and Authority
  • Lorenz: D in Lances and E+ in Authority, possibly E+ in Reason and D in Riding
  • Hilda: D in Axes, E+ in Lances, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Raphael: D in Fighting, E+ in Axes, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
  • Lysithea: Likely D in Reason, possibly something in everything else (no hints for this character)
  • Ignatz: D in Bows, E+ in Swords, possibly something in the Movement Skills
  • Marianne: D in Faith, possibly E+ in Authority, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
  • Leonie: Likely D in Swords, E+ in Lances, possibly E+ in Bows and D in Riding or the other Movement Skills
Edited by LSM