Thracia 776, Chapter 7 help

Gaia093

Shiva just captured Safiya (didn't think he would) and I want to know if there's any way to salvage this so I can still get him (without resetting, obviously). If I in turn capture him, that'll free Safiya, but will there be a way for her to Talk to Shiva while he's being held? Any other solution different from that?

This one was a pretty good attempt and the chapter is nearly finished, so if there's any way to not restart that'd be nice. Not that it'd be the end of the world since it's not even a hard one, but yeah, I'd like to know. Thanks.

No. In order for Shiva to be recruited, Safy has to talk to him. You should use Lara as capture bait instead. Also, if you wanna make the chapter easier for yourself when you reset, have someone stand on the tile that the boss spawns on. There will only be one wave of reinforcements if you do that

Yeah, I know it has to be her speaking to Shiva, just wanted to know if your units can talk to captured enemies - guess that's a no.

I'm fine with the reinforcements, Asbel in the way + a mountain tile take care of everything. Thanks, though.

sadly, once an enemy has been captured or silenced/slept, you can't talk to him/her anymore.

as for Shiva's recruitment, you can eventually use the path near the mountains with the hills as a choke point to surround him with the strongest units you have in terms of defence.

while he's trapped, have Karin go take Safy over the mountains(be careful about enemy brigands/archers, just don't get in their range and you'll be fine), and bring her to Shiva once all other enemy myrmidons have been trapped or defeated(you should go straight over the mountains when the chapter starts, in order to make things faster andย lower the risks of Shiva dying to your units or killing one of them instead).

also, in caseย you'llย haveย issues with the reinforcements, you can just send a unit you don't need insideย Hannibal's castle, and his army will make the enemy reinforcements flee from the map.

another smart thing to do before the chapter ends would be to use Shiva for the arena near the castle. you'll get tons of money while leveling both him andย other healers in case he'll need hp back.

that's also how i made Shiva and Nanna reach lv 20 by the end of the chapter, and i guarantee you it was worth the time.

My only real mistake was assuming Shiva would ignore Safiya, so I left him an open gap to her through Finn on the south because I assumed he would just attack the weapon-less Karin in front of him, one turn short of having Safiya talk to him. Other than that, every other swordsman was dead and Shiva was stuck in a loop of attacking Karin and me healing her, with no chance to get anything done. Should have just taken an extra turn or two to set up that side of the battlefield so there'd be no unpredictable stuff. It's okay, won't happen again.

Edited by Gaia093