Thoughts on the Potential of DLC Classes

1 minute ago, zuibangde said:

https://m.gamer.com.tw/forum/Co.php?bsn=31587&snB=53408

So according to this link, there will be no DLC classes.

I'm not quite sure how to link from it here, but someone in the thread where this card was announced already said that it's not necessarily de-confirmed yet due to the wording of the translation. It also doesn't mean they won't do anything like the Ebon Wing or Dread Scroll in Fates, where it was just a free* item available in-game.

* - You did have to buy the other two routes on one cart to get these but I just consider it to be an in-game deal.

I would like to see ballistician return, but in a way that differs from its Shadow Dragon version and its Fates version. I like the idea of a unit with a ballista (which is one reason I don't like the wooden-tank design that ballistician had in Fates). 

I would love if they just added more Master Classes; or maybe even in the lower tiers; nothing broken just more variety to the classes; which would allow for DLC to be used throughout the game rather than just for game breaking throughout.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I would love if they just added more Master Classes; or maybe even in the lower tiers; nothing broken just more variety to the classes; which would allow for DLC to be used throughout the game rather than just for game breaking throughout.

This is definitely a good response. I really feel like Three Houses class options right now are kind of limited (at least compared to the latest non-remake games) so it would be really great if they brought in some more high-tier classes via DLC (Malig Knight and Bow Knight come to mind). It's very unlikely, but free DLC/patches for this kind of stuff seems very plausible and kinda cool!

The weapon system makes certain classes redundant to each other, so the only reason I can think of for more early classes would be to help struggling players with 'easy mode' class choices. Which isn't a bad idea. So if you wanna build a mixed melee/mage for late game having a tactician class DLC for an early game build of sword+reason would make sense (or sword+faith as a Trickster class redo).

But the more interesting classes will be ones toward the end that require specific weapon/movesets to unlock. And adding a few more of those via DLC would be the spicier choice. A 'Weaponmaster' who has Swordfaire, Lancefaire, Axefaire, Gauntletfaire all on one build would be a sweet DLC choice. Same with the other more unique classes from past games (FE8 Summoner for instance.)

20 hours ago, Rakath said:

The weapon system makes certain classes redundant to each other, so the only reason I can think of for more early classes would be to help struggling players with 'easy mode' class choices. Which isn't a bad idea. So if you wanna build a mixed melee/mage for late game having a tactician class DLC for an early game build of sword+reason would make sense (or sword+faith as a Trickster class redo).

But the more interesting classes will be ones toward the end that require specific weapon/movesets to unlock. And adding a few more of those via DLC would be the spicier choice. A 'Weaponmaster' who has Swordfaire, Lancefaire, Axefaire, Gauntletfaire all on one build would be a sweet DLC choice. Same with the other more unique classes from past games (FE8 Summoner for instance.)

I agree too. I would also like classes of each movement type to be able to use magic.

3 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I agree too. I would also like classes of each movement type to be able to use magic.

This is what I'm hoping for.

Also, I don't want to have to rely on DLC for it, but giving males a class they can use to rank up flying skill before they get to advanced classes would be nice.

Clarifying my previous statement: I believe mixed classes are a part of the game at the Expert/top end of the class tree. My DLC comment is for Beginner/Intermediate classes being added to ease training for those top end classes. So that you don't just class into a Monk and give them a sword to rely on training that way.

Since each class has a maximum of 3 Class Skills; a weapon master class would probably only have Sword; Axe and Lancefaires. Perhaps we get a magic equivalent of the weapon master with Blackmagicfaire; Darkmagicfaire and Faithmagicfaire; adding +5 Dmg to all offensive magic types; or an all offense magic user which gives a unique magic spell for each of the 3 magic types; filling in each of the 3 Class Skill slots.

This kinda DLC would not interest me but probably classes we have seen in other games like ninja, griffon rider, shaman, and more. could even see some new classes. I also think dread fighter will be added just cause it was for all the DS games.

I'm kind of confused by what some people mean by "time traveling mechanics". The only thing regarding that concept that has been concerned has been Sothis' Turnwheel, which is an in-battle mechanic. Unless we're switching between the school and the 5 year time skip, but that doesn't make much sense to me in regards to class progression and it would be hard to write the story like that as well.