Download Card Released in Japan (12 GB data size, confirms Online play, Amiibo Support, and DLC)

BZL8

Courtesy of lancelam on Reddit.

u/lancelam:

It seems Japan are released the Download Card for three houses. There’s some tidbits shown in the Card…

I. You needs 11.9GB or more spaces to download the game.

II. It seems that some sort of Online Play will be included, no details have been given tho.

III. Amiibo support confirmed, no details have been given either.

IV. DLC confirmed. It seems this time, DLCs will be new quests, side stories and clothes.

Update (courtesy of @Coolmanio) :

Another interesting tidbit, the use of や and など indicate that the DLC will not only include these three things. This must just be what they are willing to indicate now.

Edited by BZL8
6/23/2019: Added noteworthy tidbit.

• BZL8 changed the title to Download Card Released in Japan (12 GB data size, confirms Online play, Amiibo Support, and DLC)
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, BZL8 said:

DLC confirmed. It seems this time, DLCs will be new quests, side stories and clothes

Quests and side stories are given. However, there is a lot of grey area in "clothes".

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

Another interesting tidbit, the use of や and など indicate that the DLC will not only include these three things. This must just be what they are willing to indicate now.

🤔. Interesting. Will add to the OP. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

However, there is a lot of grey area in "clothes".

Either microtransactions, packs of clothes, or a mix of the two.  They may also be mixed in with the other stuff, though that'd be generous in this day and age.

Koei-Tecmo is co-developing this game, so I figure it might be themed outfit packs.  Hopefully not as many as there were in DoA5, lol.

11 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Amiibo support confirmed, no details have been given either.

We already saw that the game had amiibo support in the form of the "Amiibo Gazebo" that we saw here, during the Gamespot preview - probably the most amazing name for a tacked-on feature I've ever heard.

The question is, what exactly will the amiibo support entail?

With all the graphics, full voice work and massive amounts of dialogue I'm surprised its only 12 GB but they're big experts at compression!

Sweet clothes DLC wanted this and its finally happening!!!! I'm expecting some good stuff!

Side stories are great already loving how Paralouges work here also excited for this!

52 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

With all the graphics, full voice work and massive amounts of dialogue I'm surprised its only 12 GB but they're big experts at compression!

I too am surprised but only because i don't think FE ever reached that size before. To compare it to other games on the Switch, Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are both 13 GB.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

With DLC confirmed, let's hope none of it ends up Japan-exclusive.

Edited by Armagon

The Multiplayer feature is still unknown but one of the people from IGN who had a closed demo of the game said this on the multiplayer aspect from his recent article he wrote around FE3H

• Online functionality seems limited (no multiplayer battles), but you can see percentages of how other players spend their days off — which may help influence what you should do.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/21/fire-emblem-three-houses-is-unlike-any-in-the-series-youve-played-before

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

DLC clothes, huh? Welp, be prepared for some exclusions/censorship in the west... 😕

all swimsuits changed to street clothes, nothing lower cut than a turtleneck, and to view a lady's ankles is forbidden, the guys however will remain unchanged.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

all swimsuits changed to street clothes, nothing lower cut than a turtleneck, and to view a lady's ankles is forbidden, the guys however will remain unchanged.

There have been cases of changing the clothing of both genders. The Tokyo Mirage Sessions males lost their swimsuits along with the girls (and Yashiro's looks the most skimpy to me, you decide for yourself):

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150911221610latest?cb=20150911221752maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20150911221659latest?cb=20150911222823latest?cb=20150911223131latest?cb=20151231004931

Right page, lower left for Mamori's swimsuit here.

For Bravely Second, while the females did get some additional fabric on a bunch of costumes, Tiz saw his Eastern God Garb get changed too:

latest?cb=20150620035208latest?cb=20160902224832

Lastly, from Xenoblade Chronicles X, these are the Six Stars Ritual Bodywear aboard, and then the male Six Stars Ritual Bodywear in Japan:

Spoiler

2UxXipa.jpg

CEaCUZyVAAEikYO.jpg:orig

Of course, few ever rarely talk of male clothing adjustments, mostly because it is true that it doesn't happen so much.

2 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

Another interesting tidbit, the use of や and など indicate that the DLC will not only include these three things.

Hey, guess this means I was thinking right when I made my DLC classes topic, hopefully!

Clothes will also be cool to see depending on how they take it (maybe that will help the people who really dislike Byleth's current outfit options).

2 hours ago, BZL8 said:

III. Amiibo support confirmed, no details have been given either.

I also wonder if this means we'll eventually get a Sothis or Byleth amiibo. Seems unlikely seeing as Nintendo's significantly slowed down the amiibo hype train, but I'd love a Sothis one personally. I also hope this means we get challenge maps like in Fates, where we can go up against the older characters that got amiibos, cause that was my favorite part of those!

I just hope the Clothes DLC are not as expensive as those available in other KT games and have equivalent functions. If they are for aesthetic purpose only, that is just too much. 

I'm guessing this means that, like previous games, there will be options to get all the DLC separately or together. Which is the way I prefer it.

Not fond of how some games make you buy all or none of it, like Breath of the Wild.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

DLC clothes, huh? Welp, be prepared for some exclusions/censorship in the west... 😕

If this were Sony, i'd agree. But Nintendo doesn't give a shit about censoring outfits anymore. They're past that.

1 hour ago, Shadow Striker said:

The Multiplayer feature is still unknown but one of the people from IGN who had a closed demo of the game said this on the multiplayer aspect from his recent article he wrote around FE3H

• Online functionality seems limited (no multiplayer battles), but you can see percentages of how other players spend their days off — which may help influence what you should do.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/21/fire-emblem-three-houses-is-unlike-any-in-the-series-youve-played-before

Ooo. This reminds me of Persona 4 Golden, in which you can see what activities other players engaged in that day. You can see percentages and the like of the most popular supports to build up that day, or what skill others chose to spend the day improving on. I can see 3H doing the same, given the openness of the calendar system.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If this were Sony, i'd agree. But Nintendo doesn't give a shit about censoring outfits anymore. They're past that.

Is that a recent change of heart?  'Cuz FE Fates saw some rather hefty censorship.  If my profile pic was localized by the team that localized Fates at the time, it'd have a towel covering the torso up to the armpits.  And somehow they'd manage to get me to tag @Ertrick36 and remove my cool backstory in favor of emphasizing my stupid gimmicks, but that's a different story.

That said, I didn't really give much of a damn about skinship, and am kinda grateful I didn't have minigames of rubbing characters' faces.  As much as I like Oboro, I would feel sick about petting her like a goddamn dog.  I'm sorry Japan, but that's just not how you interact with other human beings.

16 minutes ago, Ririn said:

I just hope the Clothes DLC are not as expensive as those available in other KT games and have equivalent functions. If they are for aesthetic purpose only, that is just too much. 

How expensive are they truly in other KT games?  As far as I know, reason it's so expensive to get all the DLC for a game like DoA5 is because they just release a metric f***ton of the stuff.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There have been cases of changing the clothing of both genders. The Tokyo Mirage Sessions males lost their swimsuits along with the girls (and Yashiro's looks the most skimpy to me, you decide for yourself)...

For Bravely Second, while the females did get some additional fabric on a bunch of costumes, Tiz saw his Eastern God Garb get changed too...

Lastly, from Xenoblade Chronicles X, these are the Six Stars Ritual Bodywear aboard, and then the male Six Stars Ritual Bodywear in Japan...

Of course, few ever rarely talk of male clothing adjustments, mostly because it is true that it doesn't happen so much.

Yeah, those are mostly exceptions.

Thing is, a lot of those adjustments are less inspired by feminists, and more by conservative-minded folks concerned about what that stuff does to young boys.  Because it's never about how girls might be affected by the sexualization of these characters, it's about how they might turn little Timmy into a delinquent pervert who does not value the sacredness of sex.  That's why they don't really think about the male designs in that regard - they're not worried about children getting sexually confused by men who are scantily clad.

It's effectively the same reason why some schools send girls home for wearing "provocative" clothing (their definition of this is very loose).  They make it about the males in the institution, and feel they must protect the sanctity of their minds at the expense of the girls' ability to learn and keep pace with their male counterparts.

Which is why I think a lot of those changes to female characters' designs are, in nature, even more sexist than simply leaving them as-is.  It's all about our views of the female gender as sexual objects, and that's just not right.

Or maybe I'm just really frickin' jaded and read way too much into these kinds of things.  I dunno, but I've always felt these kinds of censorships have been abundantly stupid.  Seeing a girl in a two-piece bikini isn't gonna lead to a snowball effect for little boys to devolve into sex offenders - at worst, they'd just be confused why medieval-era girls are wearing modern swimwear, assuming they have the faculties to understand their lack of appropriateness for the setting.  In regards to teenagers, they're just gonna do what they do when they see that kind of stuff, and all you can really do is try to steer them in the right direction (instead of trying to shelter it from them entirely until you finally decide they suddenly don't need your guidance/shelter and just shove them out into the world confused messes of human beings).

Mmmm... I’d be happier with this if it wasn’t for the fact that Treehouse didn’t localize some of the DLC from Fates and TMS and that they’ll probably censor/exclude outfits. Well, they did manage to get everything in Warriors so maybe they’ll actually localize all of it but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Online play? Interesting. I wonder what that could entail. If it’s good it might push me to finally subscribe to the shit service.

We already knew about Amiibo support existing but I hope it simply provide costumes and maybe the characters signature weapon and not lock some dungeon behind it like SoV did.

12 gb is huge! I was not expecting that from a Fire Emblem game anytime soon. I guess they really are going all in on this hoping it to be their Odyssey or Botw. 

DLC "clothes" would imply there should be a costume selection, i.e. Edelgard is a Lord but she has her Noble outfit, so she would have Lord's skills but the appearance of Noble.

Maybe you can change what costumes characters have in the monastary too.

Assuming that "clothes" actually mean new costumes, and not classes.

Edited by User name

I really don't think there will be much if any censorship. I'm pretty sure the reason Nintendo has been getting their international branches more involved in development is to avoid such situations.

After Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fire Emblem Fates got somewhat overshadowed by controversy, I doubt they want a repeat to happen.

I’m just gonna patiently wait for someone to somehow datamine this and spoil the game...

As for the dlc, if it’s only those things I don’t mind as long as whatever the clothes are aren’t micros transactions. 

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Is that a recent change of heart?

Warriors DLC (underwear), no?

Also, Mathilda prison scene wasn't censored unless it wasn't considered that revealing.