Download Card Released in Japan (12 GB data size, confirms Online play, Amiibo Support, and DLC)

BZL8

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, really? You could revisit the paralogue maps even after they were cleared, like how Awakening allowed you to revisit the map locations? Oh, didn't knew that.

Well, it can still count. Admitedly, we don't know the nature of the DLC maps yet. They can come up with any kind of excuse, or just plain don't, and have the maps don't take any time at all. Most games with a format like this do have things for you to do that don't take up time, so you can do things like grind without worrying of not being ready for the next mandatory portion.

You couldnt revisit them, no. But they were there to do whenever you actually wanted, and could do multiple paralogues between main chapters. Once done they are gone though.

What I was meaning with the comparison is that Three Houses restricts when you can actually do a map. Unlike the traditional FE set up of going from map to map and just doing the next chapter, like Fates is structured, you have things you do inbetween now. So it balances it all out, and in the process restricts when exactly you can do a map.

Which is why I think the grinding dlc doesnt stick here too much. There are ways it could work, and grinding dlc could also just ignore these mechanics, but I think considering the game wont have a real need for them, especially with a lack of lunatic, and the system would make grinding dlc a bit clunky to use, i dont think it will return.

And yeah, good point. We dont know the nature of any of the maps yet, so who knows. It could just outright skip over the calendar mechanic completely.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The game being 12 GB makes me wonder if the game is huge, if their programmers are still getting used to the switch, or both.The most I know about this area is that better programmers can do more with smaller total bytes, but it gets more complicated when things like animations, models, cutscenes, voice clips, etc. are factored in. The graphical and animation hiccups we've seen so far may or may not expand these concerns.

Online could mean several things. It could be as inconsequential as Shadow Of Valentia's Spotpass, or we could be getting some interesting multiplayer modes. We'll just wait and see here.

We saw an amiibo gazebo in one of the gameplay videos released (in Spanish, but information is information). We still don't know it's full function, but the fact that you access it in the monastery can mean several things. I doubt that phantoms from SoV are coming back, but whether we'll be getting fully playable characters or just some neat bonuses remains up in the air.

Considering Awakening was one of the key players in convincing Nintendo that DLC could be done well, this game following suit is unsurprising. I'm expecting the usual "experience, money, items, and new classes" DLC that seems to be a staple of the series, although I'm curious about how the side story DLC will be handled. SoV only had the Rise of Deliverance pack, and they more or less used the same group of characters and the same maps. This was presumably due to voice acting being expensive and the voice actors not always being available, and having to create a brand new 3D environment may have taken more time and resources than they had at hand. Even if the DLC for Echoes sold sold well, it may not have been enough to create another batch, hence why we only got one season. Since Three Houses will more or less be in the same boat, I wonder it will be a repeat of Echoes, or if they will have more resources to create more unique DLC story chapters. Hopefully, there won't be an overblown season pass this time around.

I have mixed feelings on costumes. On the one hand, I greatly appreciate Awakening for not going the easy route and just releasing a few costume packs, some cut content, and a map or two. Instead, we got a wide range of high quality DLC, from tongue-in-cheek grinding to hard-as-nails challenge maps, character interactions both silly and serious, two new classes, and more. On the other hand, I honestly wouldn't have minded some costume DLC, if only to give some of the female characters a pair of pants as we could have gotten several unique outfits ranging from silly and to awesome. They maybe could have even referenced past games through them,and they could release them either by character or by class. We'll just have to wait and see, because they could either go the low road with this, or they could surprise us with some awesome designs.

I’m excited for costumes, so hopefully they aren’t too expensive.

Doesn’t normal mode give you free maps for grinding on the weekends? Any grinding dlc would probably be extra free maps on any mode.

25 minutes ago, luchinania said:

I’m excited for costumes, so hopefully they aren’t too expensive.

Doesn’t normal mode give you free maps for grinding on the weekends? Any grinding dlc would probably be extra free maps on any mode.

Yeah, normal mode gives you one map on Sundays without using your stamina thingy