Download Card Released in Japan (12 GB data size, confirms Online play, Amiibo Support, and DLC)

BZL8

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

How expensive are they truly in other KT games?  As far as I know, reason it's so expensive to get all the DLC for a game like DoA5 is because they just release a metric f***ton of the stuff.

I just hope that don't release a metric ton of clothes DLC. They do add up in the long run. 😂 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Also, Mathilda prison scene wasn't censored unless it wasn't considered that revealing.

It should have been, though. It was a low point for Echoes, like many of its other story decisions for its female characters — completely out of keeping with both Mathilda's character, the scene's tone, and the game's generally less fanservicey art style. 

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Also, Mathilda prison scene wasn't censored unless it wasn't considered that revealing.

SoV wasn’t localized by Treehouse tho. It was 8-4. That’s why the dialogue was actually good.

Also, what would they have censored? Outside of her suggestive pose I don’t think there’s anything worth censoring.

I can see DLC quests being some Pay to Win staff like "give me 5 portions of Vulnerary and i will reward you with 100k gold!"

6 minutes ago, Clathy said:

By « clothes », they don't mean new classes, right ? 

I wonder what it will be. Alternative uniforms ? Weird costumes ? Give everyone a jojo hat ? 

A school uniforms for Byleth's aka how Byleth would look as a student, i can see something like that.

Oh and swimsuits and maid/butler costumes.

And pirate cotumes, and santa outfits. Maybe some cosplay costumes i.e Robin and Corrin costumes for Byleth.

I can go on and on, you get the picture.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I too am surprised but only because i don't think FE ever reached that size before. To compare it to other games on the Switch, Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are both 13 GB.

On the other hand FE Warriors was 13.1 GB too, and it's a considerably less expansive game. Considering Koei Tecmo seem to be building most of the assets for Three Houses, and they're apparently not incredibly good at compression(or at least, less good than others), it makes a bit more sense.

DLC was expected, hopefully they're reasonable this time around... can only play so close to the flame without getting burned, if anything, there's a chance Echoes' sales suffered from both its dlc policies and leftover annoyance at Fates'.

Edited by Cysx

given how some of this is worded, they could be nixing the outrealms for this one, don't necessarily care for it but given the structure of the game they could opt to just make the dlc quests integrated into the world more naturally, I guess I don't mind that, but I am a little sad at the thought of no callback maps which are inferior to the original map due to missing mechanics.

19 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Since it literally says "11,9GB or more", I wonder if there'll be a day 1 patch or a patch soon after launch? 

Cuz for me, there is something which must get patched. 

I defy you to name a single game this generation which does not have a day 1 patch.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

DLC clothes, huh? Welp, be prepared for some exclusions/censorship in the west... 😕

Let's hope that any censorship will be minor. And that they actually pick good clothes instead of mindless fanservice crap.

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which is why I think a lot of those changes to female characters' designs are, in nature, even more sexist than simply leaving them as-is.  It's all about our views of the female gender as sexual objects, and that's just not right.

Agreed. People can wear what they want. We may not like the outfit or think it's risque, but it's their choice. "Oh no, can't show a woman in a bathing suit. It'll make people into perverts!" News flash world, humans are already perverts. I like to see the best in humanity, but even I admit that people have the capacity to be horrible to others and absolutely disgusting. That's honestly why I don't like fanservice anymore, male or female, because it cheapens the characters by making them into sex objects. 

So I hope most of the DLC clothing/accessories aren't just pandering to people who wanna see fanservice. Give us outfits like Robin's coat, Marth's outfit and crown, Ike's clothes... Things like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if it does have a day 1 patch for stability and some minor things common stuff for games nowadays. I wonder if dual audio will be patched in or is it built into the game.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

14 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it does have a day 1 patch for stability and some minor things common stuff for games nowadays. I wonder if dual audio will be patched in or is it built into the game.

It's in the game, treehouse confirmed it? 

12 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

It's in the game, treehouse confirmed it? 

Yes? no duh? you clearly didn't read my comment right I said will the Dual Audio get patched in or its built into the game from the start...

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Let's hope that any censorship will be minor. And that they actually pick good clothes instead of mindless fanservice crap.

Yeah, agreed. I hated that Fates excluded swimsuits, but left in FUCKING BATH TOWELS. Like how does that make sense? Bath towels don't show as much skin, but they're still more fanservicey because it means other than the towel itself, the character is naked. 😕

50 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Pokémon let's go didn't had one :^) 

touche, though it is very common for games to continue development even after the disks have been printed.

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which is why I think a lot of those changes to female characters' designs are, in nature, even more sexist than simply leaving them as-is.  It's all about our views of the female gender as sexual objects, and that's just not right.

Though at the same time, some designs I do ask why they are what they are. This is particularly true when there are males in a similar role as the females in question. Of course, one could respond "Why not?" to me asking "Why is XC2's Mythra dressed so?", but then I can counter "Why isn't Malos her fellow, but male, Aegis dressed like her?", and a "Why not?" counter from the other person wouldn't have quite the same weight to it I think. I mean they could try using Lucifer in his glorious SMTI and II nudity, but Lucifer doesn't have a female counterpart. And if they played the "they're opposites!" card with the Aegis, I'd try to argue that this isn't, regarding clothes, really a case of plentiful symbolic opposites parallelism the way Ghirahim and Fi were set up in Skyward Sword. And then I'd go onto a tangent saying why I originally wasn't fond of Hylia and still don't like the notion that the Golden Goddesses trio favored her.😝

And with what you say, changing it may, according to some, be the sign of us treating women as sexual objects. But the designs in their initial creation others would argue, stems from artistic views that see females as sexual objects, which the changes were made to undo. These are two contradictory positions, although it might be possible for someone to admit both views are valid, and whichever option they choose is the lesser of the two evils- to leave as is, or to change, whichever is less sexist, not un-sexist, they pick.

Either way, there are much bigger concerns that would damper my 3H experience, I see very little reason to not get this game over the inclusion or exclusion of extra inches of fabric on females. Even if I do have a preference on that matter. A groper or other perv stuff would in this particular "zone" be a much bigger turnoff to me, I really don't like it when people are put into uncomfortable situations involving their genitalia and sexuality, and I can't laugh at it very much (so Hot Springs get skipped!). 

And this is real petty censorship, although that cuts both ways again. Why get worked up over it? Why not get worked up over it? But this is naught compared to the real censorship to be found in the land of the Qin, Han, Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Ming, and Qing. Heard about how the top movie from an important film festival this month, was suddenly scrapped there before it actually played? Apparently, making a 1930s film about the Chinese struggling against the invading/occupying Japanese, with the heroes being the Nationalists because the Communists weren't historically present in the area to do the fighting, is against the law.

To stay on the main topic, I'm a bit surprised an FE could take up so many GBs in comparison to other games mentioned in terms of size. Is it a sign of high production values? All VAs all the time? What exactly is resulting in the game size? XC2 I would think would be bigger than this.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Is that a recent change of heart?

Considering there was no censorship in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yes, it is a change of heart.

And yeah, Mythra was covered up in Smash Ultimate but Ultimate is an E10+ game.

4 hours ago, Cysx said:

On the other hand FE Warriors was 13.1 GB too, and it's a considerably less expansive game. Considering Koei Tecmo seem to be building most of the assets for Three Houses, and they're apparently not incredibly good at compression(or at least, less good than others), it makes a bit more sense.

Huh, that's pretty interesting. I guess it really is a matter of compression then.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Considering there was no censorship in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yes, it is a change of heart. 

And yeah, Mythra was covered up in Smash Ultimate but Ultimate is an E10+ game. 

Huh, that's pretty interesting. I guess it really is a matter of compression then.

Also Mythra and Camilla were censored in Japanese Smash Ultimate too because of the CERO age rating in Japan. So nothing changed by the localization. As far as I know there is no censored Switch game by Nintendo itself up to this point, or did I miss something?

Side quests sounds interesting. Sounds like some of the typical festival stuff, but maybe we will have other things too. That and if we get the festival dlc, I imagine they will come with the costumes. They could easily be placed in school phase too, since festivals kind of fit in naturally there and rather than the typical outrealm stuff, they could actually make it lore relevant and do some worldbuilding with them. We already had stuff like founding of Faerghus day on the calendar after all.

I think the grinding dlc might not make it this time, considering the way the game is now structured I dont think it would really work here. We are very limited in terms of when we can actually do maps, so we cant just constantly spam free battles between the next chapter, we have set days to do that instead. Which kind of defeats the purpose of an XP or gold map. So hopefully we get something more interesting in its place, as much as I did like them. They were convenient at least.

Im really hoping we get some character dlc tossed in, Cipher, FEH OCs, something. Im glad that there seems to be more.

Also, hopefully Amiibo reveal soon, Id like to see what they do here.

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think the grinding dlc might not make it this time, considering the way the game is now structured I dont think it would really work here. We are very limited in terms of when we can actually do maps, so we cant just constantly spam free battles between the next chapter, we have set days to do that instead. Which kind of defeats the purpose of an XP or gold map. So hopefully we get something more interesting in its place, as much as I did like them. They were convenient at least.

Well, didn't they do the same for Conquest? It was also meant to limit your opportunities to grind and stuff, yet that DLC was also available. I could see them doing the same for Three Houses. On the other hand, Conquest might've got a pass since the DLC was for Fates as a whole. Something Three Houses, as a stand-alone game, can't exploit through.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, didn't they do the same for Conquest? It was also meant to limit your opportunities to grind and stuff, yet that DLC was also available. I could see them doing the same for Three Houses. On the other hand, Conquest might've got a pass since the DLC was for Fates as a whole. Something Three Houses, as a stand-alone game, can't exploit through.

No, Conquest was different because between maps you could technically do however many paralogues, side quests, invasions, or dlc maps you wanted, the limit was in what spawned for actual use. So for example, Birthright and Revelation spawned maps that you could just do to your hearts content, and you could pay to spawn more of them. Conquest didnt spawn them at all. But you could do all the paralogues if you wanted to, if they were there, between any maps you wanted to at any pace.

The grinding dlc specifically also removed XP gain outside of the XP map specifically.

Where as Three Houses outright restricts how many maps you can do as a whole. You can only do so many maps a month before you move onto the next.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

No, Conquest was different because between maps you could technically do however many paralogues, side quests, invasions, or dlc maps you wanted, the limit was in what spawned for actual use. So for example, Birthright and Revelation spawned maps that you could just do to your hearts content, and you could pay to spawn more of them. Conquest didnt spawn them at all. But you could do all the paralogues if you wanted to, if they were there, between any maps you wanted to at any pace.

The grinding dlc specifically also removed XP gain outside of the XP map specifically.

Where as Three Houses outright restricts how many maps you can do as a whole. You can only do so many maps a month before you move onto the next.

Wait, really? You could revisit the paralogue maps even after they were cleared, like how Awakening allowed you to revisit the map locations? Oh, didn't knew that.

Well, it can still count. Admitedly, we don't know the nature of the DLC maps yet. They can come up with any kind of excuse, or just plain don't, and have the maps don't take any time at all. Most games with a format like this do have things for you to do that don't take up time, so you can do things like grind without worrying of not being ready for the next mandatory portion.