What do you think of a gaiden styled open world RPG

thecrimsonflash

I have been thinking quite a bit about this and I wonder what how everyone feels about this, the idea is an open world RPG using the gameplay style of gaiden (naturally with appropriate changes to better conform to the open world), I will acknowledge that it may be very different from what gaiden is so I am asking about this in the context of its fundamental gameplay, exploring around an open map, then when physical contact to an enemy is made a turn based battle in a form closer to a fire emblem game will begin on the overworld, likewise it will include a magic system and combat arts on a fundamental level, though I do think I would rather use an MP system to better fit in with the exploration.

Some of you may have checked out my design blog for an RPG that I was wanting to make, this is what I have considered for the general gameplay and I am curious how everyone feels about the idea, does this make you more interested in the project or do you have any suggestions I also wouldn't mind any advice on how to make this happen, also bear in mind that the blog itself (if you decide to check it out) is in a very rough early phase and most things are subject to change, it is primarily being used to get ideas out there and in written form.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

• thecrimsonflash changed the title to What do you think of a gaiden styled open world RPG