Recruitable Faculty Members?

How many teachers/Knights of Seiros at the Officer's Academy will actually be recruitable?

I'd say Alois; Manuela and Hanneman are the three most likely for sure; Alois' loyalty to Jeralt screams him defecting from the Knights to side with Byleth. Manuela and Hannemann seem to be the two "main" teachers; so they're quite likely too; imagine if you get a choice when the Academy comes under siege to save either Manuela or Hanneman; recruiting the one you save and killing the other; but I doubt they'll be very plot relevant tbh.

Catherine I totally see as a Camus archetype; ESPECIALLY if Rhea is evil; as she is loyal to her above all else. You befriend her early on but then when the tables turn you end up fighting her. As she has the Charon Hero Relic and I imagine that between all 3 house routes; all 10 Hero Relics(as well as the Sword of the Creator) will be obtainable; so either Catherine is recruited and uses it or you kill her and Lysithea can use it.

The others don't have much either way tho; Gilbert seems sorta generic to me so he might just not be recruitable and is the generic caretaker of the post timeskip students at the Monastery(assuming it doesn't get destroyed). But Shamir has too good of a design to not be recruitable. 

Seteth is a similar thing to Catherine where if Rhea is evil then Seteth probably won't; unless he has hidden doubts. 

Rhea is VERY 50/50; she's either evil or she's Emmeryn/Mikoto style(so she gonna die). I'd love to see Cherami Leigh voice a villain for once though so in that regard I'd sorta like for her to be a villain.

It'll be interesting to see how/when faculty members are recruited, if at all, since they don't seem to be recruitable pre-skip. Do they join post-skip at the Monastery? Are they still there at all? Do they join via traditional recruitment on missions post-skip?

Relatedly: what's going on at the Monastery post-skip, and what is our army's relationship with it? Occupiers? (I have a hard time seeing it still being a teaching facility with our army there. And we've seen Byleth fighting an enemy mage within the Monastery pre-skip — does an invasion cease its operation?)

So many questions. 

Alois is definitely possible, but only in the event that Jeralt doesn't choose the church over us or dies. Because I have a feeling that Alois would definitely choose Jeralt over us and if we're forced to fight our father on any route, Alois will most likely be right beside him. 

I'm still unsure about the other teachers. I think they'll be more like recruits; you have to have the stats to get them. 

We've seen support points be gained with Rhea and Manuela, and we've seen Manuela both fight and show up as a lunch date alternative. I believe the latter at least will be one character that can be recruited regardless of route. Question is if that applies to both halves of the game. 

Catherine's bio (and blond hair) made me think of her as a Camus, but I could see her being recruitable as well. 

Then there's that Rhubarb character or whatever her name was. 

I agree with your picks for who could be recruitable. Since I love Cathrine`s design and her character seems fun, I`d hate for her to die. However, I could see her becoming the Camus of this game, though I`d rather not that happen. Same with Rhea being evil, it feels too predictable. On the other hand, having a good looking character, especially a female one, being the main villian would be interesting.

Seteth could be a simillar situation and we don`t know enough about Gilbert, Rodrigue or Shamir for me to make a call on that. Same with Thomas.

As a side note, while I doubt this will happen, I would like for some of the teachers to have supports with the students. For example, Hanneman could talk with Linhardt about the crests, or Manuela could have a flirty chat with Sylvain. I just hope that, if they are recruitable, they won`t be the "Avatar sexual" characters of this game.

11 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Alois is definitely possible, but only in the event that Jeralt doesn't choose the church over us or dies. Because I have a feeling that Alois would definitely choose Jeralt over us and if we're forced to fight our father on any route, Alois will most likely be right beside him. 

That is very possible, though I doubt we will fight Jeralt, atleast pre timeskip.

22 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

It'll be interesting to see how/when faculty members are recruited, if at all, since they don't seem to be recruitable pre-skip. Do they join post-skip at the Monastery? Are they still there at all? Do they join via traditional recruitment on missions post-skip?

Relatedly: what's going on at the Monastery post-skip, and what is our army's relationship with it? Occupiers? (I have a hard time seeing it still being a teaching facility with our army there. And we've seen Byleth fighting an enemy mage within the Monastery pre-skip — does an invasion cease its operation?)

So many questions. 

IIRC we've seen the monastery being used in post skip screenshots, my theory for a while has been that one of the first stages of the post timeskip arc is "conquering" the neutral land of the monastery and use it as a hub. Maybe some activities will then change name (you wouldn't "teach" but "train"), but you'd basically use it the same as before. As I've said a while ago, they put a lot of development effort in the academy mechanics, they can't bin it.

On the teachers, those might be characters that join Byleth regardless of path, like Kaze/Felicia in Fates? Also let's not forget that the whole point of the game is "telling the same story from 3 points of view", so if the Church is evil it will be evil in all 3 paths (unless a nation sides with the Church, but I doubt it).

Manuela, Hanneman and Alois are definite guarantee recruits at the very least. Catherine is possibly questionable depending how far she'll go with her loyalty, Seteh probably the same boat, yeah Gilbert possible, Rodrigue possible, Tomas possible, Shamir c'mon look at her she's begging to be recruited! 

I can also actually see teachers being a recuit option in the timeskip like the now former students were but without time restrictions.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Alois isn't an instructor is he? His intro just says he is a soldier that recommended Byleth for the teaching job.

He is. He teaches lances and axes at seminar, IIRC. 

28 minutes ago, timon said:

IIRC we've seen the monastery being used in post skip screenshots, my theory for a while has been that one of the first stages of the post timeskip arc is "conquering" the neutral land of the monastery and use it as a hub. Maybe some activities will then change name (you wouldn't "teach" but "train"), but you'd basically use it the same as before. As I've said a while ago, they put a lot of development effort in the academy mechanics, they can't bin it.

I agree with your theory, and have speculated the same. Activities being renamed has been confirmed via Famitsu. 

You can take seminars from Alois as you can from Seteth, Hanneman, Manuela, Catherine, Gilbert and Shamir. So yeah, while I assume Manuela and Hanneman will instruct the two classes you don't choose over the normal week, seminars can be taken from both the teachers and the knights of Seiros commanders, as well as Seteth, whatever his actual function is.

I'm very unsure about Catherine's recruitable status as well, thought I don't think her having the legendary weapon for another student we have would be much of a problem. Lysithea clearly seems to be a magic focused character, and while sword could end up being a hidden talent of hers to at least let her wield Raitei effectively, their different foci just seem too perfect to not be able to field both without feeling you're missing out

Edited by Samurai Hinata

I hope most are, if only to add some age diversity into the group of playable characters. They'll each have different insights into the lore and history of the world that our younger students wouldn't have, so I'd love to see that in supports and how it shapes their allegiances after the time skip.

5 hours ago, timon said:

I could imagine the first map of the War Phase; the "reunion" between the 3 House Leaders being the battle at the grounds of Garreg Mach; vieing for the neutral land; and depending on the path the House you choose will win and take Garreg Mach.

Byleth + class of 8 + 2 students from other houses (possibly more) is 11ish. Is 11 or so students enough for the first half of the game? 12 chapters in I'd guess we will have like 20 units considering permadeath is still a thing and paralogues would have up to 10 units pre time skip.

Also I believe that in the February direct they stated that field missions would sometimes be along side the knights of seiros which I believe many of the faculty will consist of.

Edited by kerwinbm11
Also

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Which skill is higher for Shamir, Lance or Bow?

Bow, it was at B+ in the treehouse footage, while her Lance rank was C. It'd be better if we had another source to confirm it, though.

20 hours ago, Cysx said:

Bow, it was at B+ in the treehouse footage, while her Lance rank was C. It'd be better if we had another source to confirm it, though.

If that's the case, I'm gonna lean towards Sniper. Even though thieves/rogues can wield bows, that class requires swords to class change into.

50 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I haven't seen anyone teach a movement skill either.

We talking Seminars or Faculty training in general? Because Alois teaches Heavy Armor and Hanneman teaches Riding IIRC.

I don't really have anything to base this on but I kinda feel like Rhea could be this games gotoh! Like she could join in one of the last few chapters of the war phase as like the tier 4 version of the priest and bishop class with like really good spells and base stats

I noticed something strange here: While several media outlets showing speaking to Rhea, all of them cut off mid conversation.

The furthest one was RogersBase making it to third sentences. None of footage showed actual conversation option with Rhea (we know there are some since she's quest giver based on her icon).

I am suspecting that Nintendo put censorship here, asking media not to show full conversation/options.

Maybe Rhea's response options have recruitment hints like "gift" or "lost item" like some other faculties do and they wanted to keep it a secret.

Edited by Timlugia