Story theory about Byleth

So after thinking things over, thinking about the "Night Crawlers", Flame Emperor and such. 

I come to be thinking, that the "bad guys" is going to try and recruit Byleth. Why you ask?

Well, they oppose the church, yeah? And it comes full circle to Byleth's crest. He has the crest in which opposed the church in the past. According to release information, one of the professors (old guy with monocle) seems unfamiliar with Byleth's crest, despite being a crest researcher. Meaning Byleth's crest has been erased from history, as obviously the church won the massive war in the past, therefore the victor writes history. Also the Flame Emperor seems to recognize Byleth's crest and is "intrigued" by it. Not to mention giving the protagonist a demon's name as the default isn't just coincidence, IMO.

The cutscenes from all the trailers seems to point to all of this, that I believe, that the "bad guys" is going to want Byleth, probably thinking he's like their messiah or something, the second coming of the past king, you know the old guy that wielded the sword of creation in the past war, also since he is an ancestor of Byleth afterall. 

But of course, there's going to be more to it, and that everyone and their granny doesn't really fully understand the meaning behind the crest, and that it's actually more closely linked to the dragons themselves and not good or evil.

That would be ironical, since it was the ambush planned by Flame Emperor put Blyeth inside the church in the first place. The opening of the game is supposedly that Byleth and Jeralt foiled the assassination by Flame Emperor against Edelgard in a cutscene we saw a month ago.

Edited by Timlugia

I don't think they care about Byleth at all, perhaps they care about his crest, but they certainly don't see Byleth as their messiah or anything close to that. From the trailers it seems that they might  try to actually free/resurrect Nemesis, who is probably kept somewhere hidden/sealed(maybe by the Church?). So I guess, they are after the Crest of Flames after all.

The crests being related to dragons is a safe bet I think.

10 minutes ago, HTakara82 said:

Can't have the Crest without Byleth

Nemesis is shown to be alive and breaking free from a chained coffin, so I wouldn't bet on Byleth being the only one with the crest. Except if Nemesis never had the crest to begin with, which is still possible, however we did see him use the sword quite skillfully and also wear clothes depicting Byleth's crest.

Edited by Zoderos

46 minutes ago, Zoderos said:

Nemesis is shown to be alive and breaking free from a chained coffin, so I wouldn't bet on Byleth being the only one with the crest.

I mean, I agree, but Nemesis doesn't seems alive, He seems to be resurrected. Like, as a zombie, or a mummy.
Kind of a bummer though, 'Hm, there's that guy who inherited that power of darkess but he is in the chuch... wait, hold on, there's also his ancestor, we can just resurrect him.'.
It would be a waste.

I mean, he has the Crest of FLAMES. FLAMES. Watch how Byleth is really related to the Flame Emperor instead of Jeralt or something.

Or maybe the Flame Emperor is really a.... woman and Byleth's mother! DUN DUN DUN.