PlayerEssence talking about FE16 on Twitch

Right now, OJ PlayerEssence is answering questions about FE16 from what he played right now on Twitch. Also, there's gonna be a Lunatic mode so...yay. I'll just leave the link here.

Lunatic confirmed.

No extra DLC main path confirmed.

Story is the same in the academy phase, then changes drastically in the war phase.

Amiibo unlocks items.

wait we're getting gameplay tomorrow? cool! also I'm happy lunatic is back, even if I don't play it, it's nice to have the option. also thank naga there is no extra path. kinda disappointed amiibo only get items but that means I wont have to spend money on the amiibo I don't have since I only have alm and celica from the sov se 

4 minutes ago, _Xavi_ said:

Off-topic, maybe. I think this is the first time we've seen the title screen

http://i.picpar.com/wS1d.png

... that's weird, we had seen one before already, with the monastery in the background

Just now, Cysx said:

... that's weird, we had seen one before already, with the monastery in the background

Maybe the picture changes like a slideshow or changes depending on how far you are into the game, it's pretty common.

2 minutes ago, _Xavi_ said:

Maybe the picture changes like a slideshow or changes depending on how far you are into the game, it's pretty common.

I guess... though it didn't look like a picture.
Edit: Not that it makes it impossible I suppose.

Edited by Cysx

34 minutes ago, Azz said:

wait we're getting gameplay tomorrow? cool! also I'm happy lunatic is back, even if I don't play it, it's nice to have the option. also thank naga there is no extra path. kinda disappointed amiibo only get items but that means I wont have to spend money on the amiibo I don't have since I only have alm and celica from the sov se 

I heard him saying that he only knows about DLC's from the downloadable cards. Nothing else. So, I wouldn't exclude a main path as a DLC right now.

Edited by KillianVermont

2 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

I heard him saying that he only knows about DLC's from the downloadable cards. Nothing else. So, I wouldn't exclude a main path as a DLC right now.

He said in the beginning of the stream that the girl who showed him the demo really emphasized that this won't be like Fates, you get all paths, no dlc path.

I watch him great guy! Glad Lunatic is an unlock(misspoked but wouldn't be surprised if its in anyway), RIP recruiting Amiibo characters but honestly the more grounded this game is the better even though the Amiibo units aren't canon at least there'll be items!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold
Correction

1 minute ago, Nio said:

Any recap on what he said? Like any news? Just got there and must stuff we know.

Honestly most of the things he said we've known already. He said he'll upload some footage 10-15 minutes tomorrow I think, so maybe we'll find something there.

Another thing I remember now that he mentioned is that there weren't any recruitable units from outside the academy in the academy phase. 

Honestly, I'm glad the amiibo don't give anything too grand. I mean, I have a lot of FE amiibo, but it's nice that those who don't won't feel left out of substantial content.

I mean, it's a heck of a lot better than what Metroid: Samus Returns did, hiding an art gallery behind amiibo (THAT SHOULD BE STANDARD!).

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Any amiibo? Or just the FE/FE Smash ones ?

He didn't specify, so I don't know.

6 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

Lunatic is not confirmed. He walked back the comment, and was generally mixing up a bunch of stuff. 

If it's in the game, it'll be unlockable. Not visible at these demos.

People, myself included, asked him repeatedly, and he said yes and confirmed it, and it looked like it was something that he wasn't supposed to say from his expression. Also, he didn't play a demo, he played the full game, they were just loading saves in-game, he played a Female Byleth one and a Male Byleth one. Also, he doesn't have to really see it, the nintendo employee could have just told him, he mentioned she was a huge fire emblem fan.

18 minutes ago, Zoderos said:

He didn't specify, so I don't know.

People, myself included, asked him repeatedly, and he said yes and confirmed it, and it looked like it was something that he wasn't supposed to say from his expression. Also, he didn't play a demo, he played the full game, they were just loading saves in-game, he played a Female Byleth one and a Male Byleth one. Also, he doesn't have to really see it, the nintendo employee could have just told him, he mentioned she was a huge fire emblem fan.

Oh so its probably going to be M.Byleth with BE, and F.Byleth with BL.

9 hours ago, Zoderos said:

Another thing I remember now that he mentioned is that there weren't any recruitable units from outside the academy in the academy phase. 

Now that's a bummer, classic mode might be a real challenge this time around, but most importantly it's a bit boring without characters from the outside. I get that the focus is "building" your own students from the ground up, but some addition here and there always makes it more interesting.

18 minutes ago, timon said:

Now that's a bummer, classic mode might be a real challenge this time around, but most importantly it's a bit boring without characters from the outside. I get that the focus is "building" your own students from the ground up, but some addition here and there always makes it more interesting.

Honestly I think the teachers and the students will suffice.  He also mentioned that you can recruit way more than two students from the other houses, which we also speculated about, so if the amount of total units shoots up to like around 16 or so, it will be serviceable. I am  sure we'll get the chance to recruit way more people after the timeskip though, which I personally speculate will be actually longer than the academy phase.

1 hour ago, timon said:

We already know that there's a bunch of non-student/non-teacher playable characters, so it should be fine.

Honestly I prefer having the lesser amount tbh knowing now we can recruit more than 2 per house and with the amount if customisation per student too. I just hope we can recruit more than students however later on post time skip

4 hours ago, Zoderos said:

Again, just take it with a grain of salt. He was mixing up a ton of stuff. Other people thought he "confirmed" no limit on recruitable students, but later on he didn't even realize out-of-house students were recruitable at all. He thought magic was based on tomes and staves, despite playing a few minutes of battle. Etc. 

It seemed like he was a pretty casual Fire Emblem fan, and very well could have mixed up Lunatic with Hard — especially since he later on said he was wrong, lol. 

Lunatic probably will be in as an unlockable. This just isn't confirmation.