PlayerEssence talking about FE16 on Twitch

25 minutes ago, Azz said:

Honestly I prefer having the lesser amount tbh knowing now we can recruit more than 2 per house and with the amount if customisation per student too. I just hope we can recruit more than students however later on post time skip

That's a given. I don't think we'll be stuck with sub-20 roster. That would be a huge misstep on IS's part. 

EDIT: @Disclaimer No I don't think that's the case for the recruitable students. I think he perfectly knew about recruitment. He specifically was asked if we could recruit like two or something and he said you could a lot more than that but not all. He even said that the nintendo lady emphasized the recruitment thing when she was showing him the game.

As for the Lunatic mode, well, I don't know if he denied it afterwards. I watched a lot of his stream but not till the end since I went to sleep.

EDIT2: His stream is uploaded on twitch. Apparently it's like almost 5 hours. So yeah totally possible to have denied  the lunatic mode afterwards, I had watched like 2 and a half hours or so.

Edited by Zoderos

I have a feeling the recruitable characters from the War Phase may vary quite a bit depending on the route - while faculty members like Manuela and Hannemann will probably be recruited no matter what, I could see advisors and generals of Adrestia that are only recruitable on Edelgard's path, etc.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

12 minutes ago, Zoderos said:

No I don't think that's the case for the recruitable students. I think he perfectly knew about recruitment. He specifically was asked if we could recruit like two or something and he said you could a lot more than that but not all. He even said that the nintendo lady emphasized the recruitment thing when she was showing him the game.

And later on he said that once you chose your House, you couldn't recruit any students outside of it, using Hogwarts as an example — if you go Slytherin, you can't play with Gryffindor. 

Like I said, he was giving a lot of mixed messages, using terms incorrectly (someone asked about growths and he thought they meant EXP gains), being mistaken on a lot of known info (thinking tomes/staves are in and have to be repaired). Just take his Lunatic comment with a big grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

And later on he said that once you chose your House, you couldn't recruit any students outside of it, using Hogwarts as an example — if you go Slytherin, you can't play with Gryffindor. 

Like I said, he was giving a lot of mixed messages, using terms incorrectly (someone asked about growths and he thought they meant EXP gains), being mistaken on a lot of known info (thinking tomes/staves are in and have to be repaired). Just take his Lunatic comment with a big grain of salt.

Yeah I remember the growth question lol. Anyway, he sure wasn't the most hardcore fan. As I said, he might aswell have denied or retracted many things later, apparently I only watched like the first half of his stream. If anyone has time to waste, he can skim through it on twitch, it's like 5 hours tho. He said he'll upload gameplay videos today, some detectives may actually find more information there than what he said on stream.

Edited by Zoderos

Okay, so he did say he would release three 5 minutes videos on what he played, and the first one's out.

To be blunt, he's playing the E3 build, and despite saying that he used the Black Eagles, the gameplay is the same Blue Lions team composition we've seen many times by now. Extremely little new can be extracted from this one, it's more of an introduction for the other two, I guess.

I believe he said in his stream that he uploads once a day at 7 AM, and sometimes a second time at 12. I assume his second video is going to focus on the academy, while the third one is going to be the Blue Lions map, or vice-versa, but we'll see.

Edit:... guess I should have put a link. There you go:

Edited by Cysx

Not that much new in this one either, but might as well post it.
Also Lysithea mentions crests around the middle. And I guess that's the first time we properly hear her english voice, too?

Edited by Cysx

13 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Not that much new in this one either, but might as well post it, could have missed something too. Also Lysithea mentions crests around the middle. And I guess that's the first time we properly hear her english voice, too?

This has clear audio of Rhea, Lysithea, Ferdinand, Linhardt, and Seteth’s English voices. That’s probably the biggest takeaway from this, so it’s worth watching if anyone wants to hear them speak.

5 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

This has clear audio of Rhea, Lysithea, Ferdinand, Linhardt, and Seteth’s English voices. That’s probably the biggest takeaway from this, so it’s worth watching if anyone wants to hear them speak.

Ah, all of these('cept Lysithea) were in the RogersBase video from yesterday, so I didn't mention them. Although you're right, the audio is much clearer here.

16 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Ah, all of these('cept Lysithea) were in the RogersBase video from yesterday, so I didn't mention them. Although you're right, the audio is much clearer here.

Yeah, I felt it was worth mentioning since so far most of the audio is either quiet or has someone talking over it. Cool that Player Essence made sure to include some clear audio at the request of his viewers!

The voice acting is good enough, but holy crap is it SLOW. And it seems to be the general direction as every character speaks really slowly. I can see myself quickly getting impatient and just skipping over much of the voice acting which is a shame.