How do you expect/want IS to handle the rollout of Three Houses Content into Heroes?

colossus86

3H rollout  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the main characters (Lords and Byleth) up front, or would you prefer them to debut in themed banners for their Houses?

• All up front
    • Keep 'em separate
    • Don't Care/Know
  2. 2. How many 3H's banners would you be comfortable seeing before the end of 2019?

• More than 3
  3. 3. Would you want GHB/TT units to focus only on getting students into the game, or would you like to see some NPCs/Villans early one

• As many students as possible
    • Give us some NPCs
  4. 4. How would you guage your Interest in FE3H's in general

• Excitied
    • Cautiously optimistic
    • Neutral
    • Pessimistic
    • No interest
    • There's a new FE comming out?
  5. 5. Who should wield the Sword of the Creator in their base form?

• M!Byleth
    • F!Byleth

This is something I've been so interested in over the past couple of months. Three Houses is the first original FE game to come out post launch in FE so we don't have the strong precedent to fall back on. We also have to question how many New Heroes banners IS will release the rest of this year given that we still need to have room for CYL3, Farfetched/Redux, and Book 3 OCs in between all the seasonal stuff IS wants to do. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on what you think will happen or what you'd like to see.

I'd want the three main lords to each be in a themed banner for their respective house, with Byleth maybe being in Edelgard's since that's kind of what Nintendo and IS are pushing.

I'd be comfortable with three Three Houses banners by the end of 2019, one for each house.

I'd rather GHB and TT units be kept to villains and NPCs for now.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Three Houses.

I'd rather M!Byleth get the sword because F!Byleth's outfit is terrible.

I wish there is also a "do not care" option for question 3 and 5.

Similar to question 1, I do not care who gets released in Grand Hero Battles and Tempest Trials; I picked NPCs and villains out of curiosity because I do not know who the villains are, not because I care about their representation.

Similarly, in question 5, I do not care who wields what. I picked F!Byleth because I like waifus, not because I care about what she wields; ideally, I want her to wield a Blade tome, if not, then something stupidly powerful like Dark Mystletainn or Laevatein. Question 5 can also have a "both" option as A!F!Corrin and A!M!Corrin both share Draconic Rage, and F!Robin and M!Robin both have the same exclusive Weapon but just different colors. 

Edited by XRay

I personally am expecting a banner at the end of july featuring byleth, edelgard, dimitri, and claude and sothis as our mythic for that month, possibly a GHB to introduce the other byleth, or exclude byleth all together who knows.

mainly, get all the main cast out of the way, then one or two months down the line we get some extra fluff.

1) I only have the barely recollection of which character is in each house, so I don't particularly care how they're split up. It would be nice though if there were at least two demotions per banner in order to populate the 4* pool with a decent amount of 3H characters. To this end, I'd hazard this means limiting the number of high-profile (i.e. lord) characters in each.

2) There aren't many remaining legacy FE characters that I'm interested in adding to the game, so even if 90% of the regular heroes added to the game for the rest of the year are from 3H, I'd be totally fine with that.

3) I like older characters and would favour any system that adds them instead of oversaturating us with student characters. The means of acquisition - summoning, TTs, GHBs, whatever, doesn't matter.

4) I have no doubt at all that I'll start playing 3H within a week or two of it launching, as it's now tradition for my sister and me to play our campaigns in parallel (often while chatting over Skype) and compare notes while shooting the breeze. How well it goes after that depends on the quality of the game of course, I try not to fall victim to sunk cost fallacy.

5) I have no idea what the Sword of the Creator is.

I'm sure the Byleth's could both wield the sword. Robin and Corrin had the discrepancy since they were all launch units trying to diversify the pool of inheritable weapons. They each had either a personal weapon at launch or was the only source of a particular weapon.

My scattershot prediction is that we will get three banners for the game. Each one has three units from a specific House (including the Lord of that House), as well as one of the Byleths or some third character. The third could be Geralt or that boob lady professor.

i expect a 3H banner to happen near the release of the game featuring M/FByleth, Dimithri, Claude and Edelgard, with the other Byleth as a GHB, but i imagine them both being sword infantry units, but with slightly different stats, and maybe skills and most likely FByleth's gonna have at least 5 bst points more than MByleth just for being female

1) Don't let them be too close. While 3H will be more interesting after I actually played the game and have some characters I will like. I just think squeezing the same series too close together is not too good.

2) 3 at most. I still have certain characters from others games I want to see till the end of the year. If at least 1-2 of them show up I will be glad. 

3) One selling point for FEH is that the can play unplayable characters. Of course I want to see them there. Also there are some of the older characters which just have a favorable impression for me.

4) Surely happy to play it when it comes out. Still I want to actually get to know some characters before I rush on pulling for them. Or at least that we have a bit time to technically get to know them.

5) I don't care.

I'm sure that they'll probably spread out the house leaders to sell banners with favorites from their house. My predictions:

Edelgard

Bernadetta

Ferdinand

Petra

Dmitri

Sylvain

Felix

Ingrid

Claude

Lorenz

Hilda

Lysithea

And Byleth with some of the teachers or some of the remaining students.

Edited by Etheus

I'm thinking the first Three Houses banner will feature Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri, with Male Byleth in the summoning pool and Female Byleth as a GHB. I also think they'll give us banners for each of the three houses, as well as a Sothis as a Legendary/Mythic Hero

I expect we'll get Byleth, Edelgard, Dmitri and Claude on the late July banner and then their houses will each get a banner later down the line. I would hope they don't do more than four before the end of 2019 though so that other games will have some breathing room.

Given how many seasonals we have left this year, Three Houses will most likely get the remaining 2-3 normal banners left in 2019 spread throughout the year. Some of the other slots that would normally go to non-seasonals are going to CYL3 and Farfetched Heroes 3, and then most likely Book 3 Villains 2-man banners as that's probably wrapping up before Dec. 

I'm going to assume only one GHB/TT unit actually for the lot of them. And I'm not so sure they'll get any Legendary/Mythic units yet, those don't follow patterns as closely. 

I expect them to give us like two banners right off the bat tbh. Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude on one banner and on the other Byleth male and female, then maybe Sothis on that one. I also am guessing their time-skip appearances will appear as legendary heroes. Edelgard as Fire, Dimitri as Water, Claude as Earth, and Byleth as Wind.

Edited by SSbardock84

To borrow use SoV as an example of what to possible expect from 3H in FEH, as I wrote in another topic:

At the start of FEH, the only SoV characters in were the Whitewings- shared with Archanea. Then 4 came in April, then another 4 in May, followed by 7 (and Berkut) in July, and then Clive in August. In total, April-August without anyone in June brought us 16 of the 20 (not-Berkut or Celicalt) characters. After August 2017, only Kliff has come.

I pick SoV because it was released after FEH was released, the only game to be so prior to 3H.

Now there are no Whitewings here for a coincidental start for 3H. However, 3H is going to be a bigger release than the side project remake that SoV was. Therefore, it should if anything see more characters added in short order than SoV.

More 3H banners are just more savings for me. Depending on what the reviews say of this calendar aspect I know next to nothing of, I might just wait until 3H goes on sale. I've enough games that I don't need to rush to get it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'd be fine with 3 banners. I'd want more if it meant more banners per month because if we only get one new heroes banner per month, I want more variety in games. Three Houses taking up 4 months of new hero banners only leaves room for the two CYL related banners which means no other game will get a dedicated banner this year if they stick to the one new heroes per month trend. 

Want: Separate banners for each house plus one extra banner for the "follow Byleth anywhere" squad and/or teachers

Expect: Lords plus Sothis/Byleth on the first banner, other popular breakout characters on the second, post timeskip alts by the third, rip unpopular folks

I would love themed house banners spread out with 3 over the rest of the year. But I know what makes the most sense marketing wise would be a banner with Byleth, and the 3 house leaders to start with with opposite gender Byleth as the GHB (or just two 3 character banners dropped at the same time, one with M/F!Byleth + Sothis and the 3 House Leaders).

And then themed house student banners to follow over the course of the year.

I feel like the "Sword of the Creator" will probably be wielded by both Byleth's, or they're going to wait for the "Mythic" or "Legendary" version. Who knows. I'm assuming we'll start getting time skip designs of the 3 house leaders as Legendary Heroes either late, late this year or early next year. No word on how they're going to do time skips of all the characters.

I can see them skipping like 8-ish students and just dropping their +5 years designs next year without the original ones (Lorenz comes to mind). And then getting seasonal alts of the other time skip designs throughout next year. But who knows. I just want 3H content without being overwhelmed, but without also feeling like they're not giving any promotion to it.

And it begins. This at the very leeast confirms M!Byleth will be summonable (as opposed to F!Robin) and will wield the Sword of The Creator. It also seems likely to me at least he will debut along with the house leaders in late July, though it will be interesting to see if they sink the banners up directly with the release or have them delayed a bit.

Edited by colossus86

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Now watch him be four-star like Takumi.

Still 6k feathers and 40 flowers. Also since we're dropping 60 USD on it, I feel like they won't be stingy. Wouldn't suprise me if he was just a solid unit with no good fodder though.