So Zombies...(RogersBase Preview Discussion)

So now not only have we seen what is pretty obviously Nemesis arising from his tomb in the E3 trailer; some dialogue from Mercedes in RogersBase's preview of Three Houses seems to suggest that Seiros' body is also subject to whatever is happening to Nemesis(at least it appears like that to me). 

20190626_192011.jpg

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Or she turned into a sword.

I wonder if that’s the sword that Edelgard is shown wielding, and why it would be left behind? Did Seiros wake up by herself and left the sword to her descendants? Different factions in the church, or same faction who reanimated Nemesis trying to reenact a war?

Better view of Cyril and Flayn, Catherine is a swordmaster with a blue hat for some reason, and Hanneman is a plain mage:

Spoiler

mx0VNdm.jpg

Spoiler

54ikXQZ.jpg

Spoiler

fnuKkdm.jpg

Spoiler

AGgjjI5.jpg

... also they all level 9, implying this is based on game progression. Although it's surprising for Cyril and Flayn, to me at least.

Edited by Cysx

6 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Better view of Cyril and Flayn, Catherine is a swordmaster with a blue hat for some reason, and Hanneman is a plain mage:

Reveal hidden contents

mx0VNdm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

54ikXQZ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

fnuKkdm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

AGgjjI5.jpg

... also they all level 9, implying this is based on game progression. Although it's surprising for Cyril and Flayn, to me at least.

The idea of having some unaligned students who just fall in with the player's house is actually pretty cool. Never really thought of it.

9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Reveal hidden contents

mx0VNdm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

54ikXQZ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

fnuKkdm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

AGgjjI5.jpg

Its worth noting that Cath,Manuela and Hanneman, all have unique sprites, to go with theirs unique outfits,so i think that fem swordmaster outfit wont look like Catherine's.

Maybe a bit similar, M.Byleth Hero costume look a bit like Alois but not really the same,for example.

If anyone had any doubts about the size of the cast, the fact that we have 3 healers per route already, assuming Flayn and Manuela are universal characters plus Linhardt/Mercedes/Marianne, it should indicate that there are a lot more characters coming. On top of that, if Rhea is indeed recruitable she probably has access to faith as well adding up to 4 “healers” already. 

2 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

If anyone had any doubts about the size of the cast, the fact that we have 3 healers per route already, assuming Flayn and Manuela are universal characters plus Linhardt/Mercedes/Marianne, it should indicate that there are a lot more characters coming. On top of that, if Rhea is indeed recruitable she probably has access to faith as well adding up to 4 “healers” already. 

I assume one of them will have more focus on offense though; it's all about their learnsets. I'm getting a lot of Tatiana vibes from Flayn so maybe she'll have a lot of supportive Faith magic while someone like Rhea or Manuela might have some more offensive Faith spells.

28 minutes ago, User name said:

Its worth noting that Cath,Manuela and Hanneman, all have unique sprites, to go with theirs unique outfits,so i think that fem swordmaster outfit wont look like Catherine's.

Maybe a bit similar, M.Byleth Hero costume look a bit like Alois but not really the same,for example.

Assuming she is not female Hero. Just because it's gender locked for your students, doesn't mean she can't be one. 

37 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I assume one of them will have more focus on offense though; it's all about their learnsets. I'm getting a lot of Tatiana vibes from Flayn so maybe she'll have a lot of supportive Faith magic while someone like Rhea or Manuela might have some more offensive Faith spells.

Haha glad I wasn't the only one she's gonna age gracefully!

50 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I completely agree! I think Manuela will probably have the refresher spell too. I just mean that with only a pool of ~15 master classes, having 4 healers is a good sign for the total cast. 

4 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

I completely agree! I think Manuela will probably have the refresher spell too. I just mean that with only a pool of ~15 master classes, having 4 healers is a good sign for the total cast. 

Depends, since healing has limited uses the reasoning for giving you many healers might not be the same as usual.

Also 15 master classes? Did I miss something?

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

I would've said about 10 Master Classes at most; spells and stuff will be dependant on the unit so as long as we get different mov types with magic access; so class won't matter all too much. One Priest could be more utility based; one more healing and one more offense; like:

Manuela(Heal(D); Invoke(C); Expel(B); Hammerne(A); Anew(S))

Flayn(Heal(D); Physic(C); Restore(B); Fortify(A); *Ultimate Heal*(S))

Rhea(Light(D); Physic(C); Nosferatu(B); Purge(A); *Seiros' Light*(S))

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I would've said about 10 Master Classes at most; spells and stuff will be dependant on the unit so as long as we get different mov types with magic access; so class won't matter all too much. One Priest could be more utility based; one more healing and one more offense; like:

Manuela(Heal(D); Invoke(C); Expel(B); Hammerne(A); Anew(S))

Flayn(Heal(D); Physic(C); Restore(B); Fortify(A); *Ultimate Heal*(S))

Rhea(Light(D); Physic(C); Nosferatu(B); Purge(A); *Seiros' Light*(S))

That’s true. 15 is being generous though I do expect 10-12. 

Edited by RevenantKnight

The way Mercedes casually talks about it,

even saying "maybe she moved from her coffin" rather than "someone moved her" makes me wonder....do people expected Seiros would just walk around?

Edited by Timlugia

2 hours ago, Onestep said:

The idea of having some unaligned students who just fall in with the player's house is actually pretty cool. Never really thought of it.

Which leaves me with this question: will Cyril, Flayn, or any of the other teachers be playable? If so, how will that affect the game?

Edited by MetalAmethyst

4 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Which leaves me with this question: will Cyril, Flayn, or any of the other teachers be playable? If so, how will that affect the game?

Maybe they're just there as substitutes, cuz permadeath. 

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Most likely all of them in the timeskip.

I see some of the units who are supportable but not necessarily playable being present in certain excursions pre-timeskip; like a paralogue starring Manuela, she seems to be supportable but not necessarily recruitable by that point so she still appears playable for one map. I see this happening for a few units with set classes; it gets a bit more up in the air when you get to characters like Cyril who are the Commoner class in game; suggesting a late student situation.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Hmm, maybe the last preview characters will be Seiros and Nemesis...

The game DOES release on a Friday; the Monday of that week we get Seiros and the Wednesday we get Nemesis, very vague profiles to hype people up to the max!