So Zombies...(RogersBase Preview Discussion)

The heck's the Swordmaster class ? Is it a female variant of Hero ?

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

The way Mercedes casually talks about it,

even saying "maybe she moved from her coffin" rather than "someone moved her" makes me wonder....do people expected Seiros would just walk around?

She's a god, how can you kill a god... wait...

Honestly if the body of the saint of my religion we kidnapped... I would be at the minimum worried about the how and why. I would also probably complain about it on the internet about how much the security managment must be poor and all the good stuff. 😛

And Mercedes say that with a smile on her face. What, did she kidnap the body ? One would expect this kind of person to drop a 'oh shiiiiiiit'.
Mercedes is with the rebellion comfirmed. Wishful thinking. 😛

Edited by B.Leu

35 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

The heck's the Swordmaster class ? Is it a female variant of Hero ?

It's the class after myrmidon. Y'know, with the high crit and avoid. Assuming you're French (or at least speak French) because of your username, swordmaster is "bretteur" in French. In Three Houses, swordmaster is not gender locked but hero is (like before Genealogy)

We've seen other sprites of female Swordmasters without the chinese farmer's hat though, right?

//

Not really any new details on skills/strengths. We can see that Ashe will probably start with a D in Bows, E+ in Axes, and E in everything other weapon. (The leftmost is his Personal Ability (Wisdom to Live), beside that is the Archer's Class Ability of Bowange +1, then he has four Skill Abilities. If he had an E+or higher in anything else, it would show as Sword/Lance/Fighting/Authority Prowess level n. And while it's possible they've unequipped it... it's unlikely...)

FETH20.jpg.2e0243d7608f0f834e76728835486d95.jpg

Edited by LSM

14 minutes ago, LSM said:

We've seen other sprites of female Swordmasters without the chinese farmer's hat though, right?

Yep. Unless that hatless Advanced Class sprite is a precursor to Catherine's Swordmaster class, and hers is a hypothetical Master tier class? That seems unlikely, though. 

Zero idea why Catherine's Swordmaster sprite would have a hat otherwise, since she hasn't been seen wearing one. 

Edited by Disclaimer

37 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Uh, it's the natural promotion to Myrmidon and has been in almost every single game in the series?

36 minutes ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

It's the class after myrmidon. Y'know, with the high crit and avoid. Assuming you're French (or at least speak French) because of your username, swordmaster is "bretteur" in French. In Three Houses, swordmaster is not gender locked but hero is (like before Genealogy)

Guys... That's not what I meant, I meant 'What's the swordmaster is doing there ?'. As in: "this game".  ''But I thought it was Catherine exclusive, could FByleth use it ?'. This kind of things.
You really take me for the king of idiots, don't you. 😛

I wasn't very clear that said, so...

Edited by B.Leu

31 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Guys... That's not what I meant, I meant 'What's the swordmaster is doing there ?'. As in: "this game".  ''But I thought it was Catherine exclusive, could FByleth use it ?'. This kind of things.
You really take me for the king of idiots, don't you. 😛

I wasn't very clear that said, so...

I wasn't trying to pick you for a fool. Just kind of hard to judge the intent of some quotes through the Internet sometimes. :)

In any case, we know Swordmaster is an Advanced class. We don't know if it's gender exclusive though I doubt that it is. It's most certainly not a character-exclusive class.

7 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

Yep. Unless that hatless Advanced Class sprite is a precursor to Catherine's Swordmaster class, and hers is a hypothetical Master tier class? That seems unlikely, though. 

Zero idea why Catherine's Swordmaster sprite would have a hat otherwise, since she hasn't been seen wearing one. 

To be fair, do we actually know for a fact that the sprite we saw in the advanced tier will be from a class called swordmaster? It's a very natural assumption to make considering the outfit, but now I'm questioning if we didn't assume a bit too fast.

Edit: ... which is what you were already saying.
... Well then I agree! Ha.

Edited by Cysx

I dont think we should pay much attention to Catherine and Manuela having "hats".

Dorathea also has a hat on ALL of her sprites, and yet her actual promotions do not.

Its because her Starting class, commoner has it, and because of that all of her sprites have a hat on them.

So its posible that Catherine's and Manuela's starting classes had hats, so if you reclass them back into commoner/noble or w.e they WILL have hats.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

To be fair, do we actually know for a fact that the sprite we saw in the advanced tier will be from a class called swordmaster? It's a very natural assumption to make considering the outfit, but now I'm questioning if we didn't assume a bit too fast.

Edit: ... which is what you were already saying.
... Well then I agree! Ha.

Well if not this would be probably first FE without Swordmaster class. Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well if not this would be probably first FE without Swordmaster class. Lol. 

Well no, since her class is called swordmaster after all. The point was that the reason it looked different from what we thought was swordmaster could have been because her class is from the unrevealed fourth tier, while the one we thought was swordmaster was called something else. Also the first FEs didn't have that class and it wasn't in SoV but that's beside the point

Regardless, I think User_name is right, we're focusing too much on the hat when we shouldn't. And without the hat, it now looks really similar, so yeah.

Edited by Cysx

9 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

It is a bit weird that Catherine's sprite have a hat even though her model doesn't. But I think the hat is just to show that she's part of the Church's military. 

408675288_ScreenShot2019-06-27at7_05_18pm.png.0371c92cf0fdcc023d4494c8254f483a.png

Edited by zuibangde

16 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

So many big mysteries in this game. Who is the Flame Emperor? Where did Byleth’s crest come from? Why does Catherine’s sprite have that hat?

Why do some of the E3 King of the beasts chapter videos have Dedue with a shield equipped and others not, when it's been made pretty clear by now it's Nintendo people playing the game and they have no reason to modify the preps?

Why does Mercedes call Annette "Ann" when "Annie" is the commonly accepted nickname?

Why does Garrec Mach change forms in every single depiction we've gotten of it? Is it secretly Dracula's castle?

Just now, zuibangde said:

It is a bit weird that Catherine's sprite have a hat even though her model doesn't. But I think the hat is to show that she's part of the Church's military. 

408675288_ScreenShot2019-06-27at7_05_18pm.png.0371c92cf0fdcc023d4494c8254f483a.png

Mmm... it's possible. However, it's also a pretty common trope for swordmasters to wear such a hat. We've seen other class sprites retain their pose and get a slight armor modification on promotion. 

I'm leaning toward Swordmaster indeed being a Master Tier class, with the Advanced Tier class shown being something in-between Swordmaster and Myrmidon. It's too coincidental to me that Catherine, who we've seen from all angles including in combat, has a hat on her sprite but not her unique model. Catherine's unique default design is her pre-promote Swordmaster one, so I'm skeptical that they'd change that sprite to reference an unseen noble class model.

There also might be a localization reason for having "Swordmaster" be Myrmidon's third tier promotion, since we've seen them doing various localization corrections to the series in 3H. In Japanese, Tellius' "Trueblade" third tier class was called "Sword Saint," but in Fodlan, "Saint" is a title held posthumously by various heroes/founders of the Church (see: Saint Seiros), so they may have wanted to avoid confusion, and found "Swordmaster" to be a more... final-sounding name. 

There's also the matter of the conspicuous scrolling bar on the class page, hinting at such a tier regardless of whether I'm correct about this or not. Guess we'll see!