June's Legendary Hero: Eliwood: Blazing Knight

I like Eliwood, he's one of the few FE7 characters I don't find boring (though tbh, I just think he's more or less average with a decent design. He's not terribly written, but not spectacular either), but I'm not in need of sword cavalry and I got three more Summer Frederick merges to hunt down, so I'm just gonna free pull red and be done with it. I'll probably go for Eliwood next time he's available.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t see anything I absolutely need, so I think I might be able to skip this one. Argent Durandal would be a nice support tool for one-turns, though...

I must say, his art looks really nice.

Edited by LordFrigid

Meh... other than Legendary Lucina, Hot Springs Sakura and a possibility for a better IV Selkie and Legendary Ephraim. Not much of interest for me and I have learned my lessons in regards to colour snipping on Legendary banners. July's however, has at least one unit of a particular colour I want.

Why couldn't they have traded New Year Hrid's and New Year Gunnthra's spots? And I'm never going to be able to +10 Onsen Hinoka at this rate. Sigh.

Anyways, Wada Sachiko never fails to deliver with her art. It looks so good.

His skills are interesting, though. I'm not really sure what to make of it, but he can certainly be made to be ridiculous with the right team composition, even if he's relegated to being support.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yeah, this banner isn't doing anything for me. Eliwood (and FE7 in general, for that matter) has never been a particular favorite of mine and this lineup accompanying him is very lackluster (or maybe it's just being brought down by the returning legendaries and mythics not named Lucina or Yune). 

However, I do like the cool symmetry (even if it was unintentional) they've got here as Hector was this month's legendary last year.

While I support the idea of Legendary Eliwood, everything else about this is disappointing to me. Canon is the worst thing ever invented by humankind.

- He's another pair-up red unit when two other colours still completely lack one, hugely limiting Allegiance Battle team compositions. Next month being a Mythic banner exacerbates the problem, they really shouldn't be throttling the rate of Legendary hero additions with the alternating banners.

- Allegiance Battles rely on paired-up units getting the killing blows, meaning personal combat performance is more important for pair-up legendaries than it would be for other units. Eliwood meanwhile, is a support unit, and as I support unit I'd much rather he have a useful legendary effect for all the other modes.

- He does look good though. But the game would be better served by just patching in this new art to his original self.

- Rest of the banner is okay, neither particularly good nor bad. Mostly it'd just be merges for me though, but moot point anyway as I'm saving for the July banner.

- Theoretically I'd mostly go for green, Hinoka really wants a merge, Gunnthra kinda wants one, and that makes up for the fact I neither have nor want a Yune.

- Second would be blue, I actively use both the legendaries, and while I dislike Selkie as a person, she'd save me 20k feathers on promoting Naesala/Panne/Mordecai for my future beast team.

- Grey is just merges for all three units, which is less appealing given two of them are healers and don't benefit as much (and only Sakura is unmerged). More power to Grima is good for Allegiance Battles but I wonder if it's the right long-term choice, and she keeps getting screwed over by Innes in that mode.

- Red is easily the least desirable colour here. While I wouldn't mind fixing my -Spd Ryoma, I don't really see myself using him over Palla and Elincia. Fixing my +Spd Hrid is not something I'd spend any orbs on. And Eliwood just doesn't fit into any team I'd be interested in building, as mentioned.

Edited by Humanoid

Eww, worse than I was expecting. I have everybody except Sakura, Hrid, Selkie, and Eliwood. Yep, as the amount of Legendary re-runs increase, the less lucrative these banners become for increasing my collection. Guess I'll keep saving.

This must have been thought of before CYL3 was finished. Maybe Seliph can pray yet for a fix? Was Eyeswood bad at all as a combat unit? I have a vague notion he was.

I'd be very happy to get Lliwood as a free pull, since looking at Eyeswood makes me want to bring back up my dark chocolate peanut butter chip cookie. But I really don't like Legendary/Mythic banners.

And another Sword for the Red Mythic/Legendary club is a bit... how you say... redundant?

I am actually okay with this just on the grounds that Eliwood is the main character of FE7 and by order of plot importance should've had a legendary before the other two. Plus, his regular self's art is absolutely horrid.

Pretty Ehh to me. Already pulled Legendary Erika and I didn't need her. Gonna try colorless because I could always use L!Robin and B!Veronica as well as HS!Sakura but not enough to spend Orbs.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This must have been thought of before CYL3 was finished. Maybe Seliph can pray yet for a fix? Was Eyeswood bad at all as a combat unit? I have a vague notion he was.

I'd be very happy to get Lliwood as a free pull, since looking at Eyeswood makes me want to bring back up my dark chocolate peanut butter chip cookie. But I really don't like Legendary/Mythic banners.

And another Sword for the Red Mythic/Legendary club is a bit... how you say... redundant?

Regular Eliwood is a good unit on a budget post-refinement, as anyone with +10 Atk on initiation would be. He would benefit from a Blazing Durandal refine down the road too.He can't really leverage his magic bulk all that well though because Durandal being a player phase weapon doesn't synergise at all with the DC build that other high-resistance melee do. I imagine a Galeforce build would work pretty well.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Regular Eliwood is a good unit on a budget post-refinement, as anyone with +10 Atk on initiation would be. He would benefit from a Blazing Durandal refine down the road too.He can't really leverage his magic bulk all that well though because Durandal being a player phase weapon doesn't synergise at all with the DC build that other high-resistance melee do. I imagine a Galeforce build would work pretty well.

I think she meant in FE7... and yes he was bad though slightly better than Lyn imo (but only by a little they both suck)

Whew, is it HOT in here? His art is GORGEOUS. I mean I always loved Eliwood (and was devastated at hideous OG!Eliwood), and soooo sad that LA!Eliwood was an armor. But THIS makes me happy. 

Also, what the hell, almost every color is good for me. Blue has L!Ephraim & L!Lucina! And colorless has best healers Veronica and HS!Sakura. And red of course has Hrid & Eliwood.

This is gonna be so tough to not pull for all three colors. I promised myself just Hrid (Eliwood will be the best pitybreaker and Ryoma better stay the hell away). I still want Laeargan and merges for S!Innes and S!Takumi. Ughhh. And then Ranulf appeared, why did they have to do this right now?

4 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

I think she meant in FE7... and yes he was bad though slightly better than Lyn imo (but only by a little they both suck)

The name "Eyeswood" pretty strongly hints at it being OG FEH Eliwood, at least in my eyes. 😉

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eliwood is a support red sword so he's pretty unique. His combat doesn't seem very good though but he'll be useful in AR omega tank strategies. Still not worth pulling on this banner for me. Every single colour has a dud. Red has legendary Ryoma. Blue has L!Lucina who I already have. Green has Hot Springs Hinoka who I got on a free pull. Colourless has Brave Veronica who I already have. 

Also, there aren't any must haves on this banner except maybe Eliwood and Yune. 

Edited by Icelerate

Wow. Just...wow. I actually want Eliwood to go with normal Eliwood and Brave Roy, but good heavens, if I pull Hrid or Ryoma I will be PISSED. Colorless actually looks best here, what with more Veronica and another chance at Hot Spring Sakura, but that makes Grima all the more annoying as a pity breaker, PLUS NOT COLORLESS HELL AGAIN.

L!Eliwood's sword works like an Opening skill right? So he's not able to give himself Bonus doubler? If that's the case I'd love to have him to cement Eirika as the ultimate support solo goddess  I guess L!Marth with DC can do it too but he has crap res due to reaching +24 to every stat before factoring Spurs/Drives but doing that is going to be extremely expensive and considering +18 is more than good enough to laugh at Abyssal units...yeah, not worth it.

The rest of Eliwood's kit is meh. DB4 is great but not a huge upgrade over DB3, Chill Atk can be found on Gharnef so yeah and his C skill is a little too gimmicky for my tastes when Emblem buffs and Tactics are available.

The rest of the banner is ok. I'd rate it Blue>Red>=Green>>>>>>>>>>Colorless. 

Edited by Alexmender
Repeated a line for DB4 twice

Eliwood, eh...?

Can't say I very well get his skills, not because they're bad but because I just don't get why he has DB4 and Chill Atk, but whatever. Ardent Durandal and Vision of Arcadia though... goddamn, with Rally Spd/Res+ he fully buffs someone so long as there's a Dragon or Beast on his team.

Overall looks good as a supportive Sword Cav. High Atk Bonus Strike-effect units will love him.

...Bonus Strike is what I'm gonna call what we usually call Bladetomes.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eliwood OG is one of those weird case where he have really batshit weapon that heavilly hides his deficiency. he would have been about as bad as what 31/30 offensive statsline looks like to you, but Blazing Durandal is one of the most powerful weapon in the game's run, and Durandal Refine being a 10/4 when refined is absolutely ridiculous - using baseline numbers its basically Saint Alm's Bow

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Yay. His art looks fantastic. I’ll try to get one copy of him and then leave. Any Hríds are welcome since I’m very low on DC fodder.

Sorry, but NY Hrid doesn't have DC. Only legendary Hrid does.