June's Legendary Hero: Eliwood: Blazing Knight

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Another Death Blow 4 fodder is always welcome on top of Ryoma and Hríd merges. Here I come red heaven !!

only for Reinhardt. Death Blow 4 is hardly something you should fodder off nowadays, considering sturdy and mirror impact and swift sparrow 3. All the other cavaliers are better off running something different then Death Blow 4.

And Armorers welp... they hardly have a need for Death Blow 4

The funny thing is that a big part of the reason Eliwood was able to beat Marth in CYL3 is probably his lack of legendary alt. Meanwhile Alm got first place in part due to his lack of any alts at all.

IS is addressing this stuff, but the lag leads to some silly results.

Surprising that they made him Wind, but I suppose that was the second most fitting element for him. I want a pair up legendary, but the other reds here don't look that useful to me. Not that I have a lot of orbs anyway. Very happy that all three Blazing Sword protagonists have legendary versions now, all with amazing art by Wada Sachiko.

Eliwood looks like he could be really annoying in certain setups in Aether Raids, especially if his skills work like the Opening skills and give Bonus Doubler and boosts to multiple targets if they have the same ATK.

I absolutely love how Eliwood’s C skill works. Legendary Eliwood has come to teach his son the Royscist a lesson XD

Also that weapon, holy shoot I imagine that’s abusable. Do we know if bonus doublers stack by the way?

4 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I absolutely love how Eliwood’s C skill works. Legendary Eliwood has come to teach his son the Royscist a lesson XD

Also that weapon, holy shoot I imagine that’s abusable. Do we know if bonus doublers stack by the way?

Huh. No way to know for certain until tonight's update, but based on similar effects, the status should stack with the skill.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have no idea why the devs went for Eliwood. I never thought they particularly liked him and like Michy he's getting a freebie Brave alt soon. That said I am rather happy with it. Eliwood deserves some more attention and unlike his default art this one is actually good. 

I'm less trilled about the rest of the red slot. I already have legandary Ryoma and am not super invested in him. I also already have Hrid who I also dislike. They are there on that banner to mock me. 

While I would have preferred one of the Jugdral lords since they're the only lords who still don't have an alt, I am fine with Eliwood since he was long overdue for a Legendary alt and deserved some attention from IS. Plus it's better than having say Legendary Chrom or Corrin

Spur/self-spur effects always stack, since they're in combat. (LMarth can already stack bonus doublers if he has his weapon+BD in his A slot).

Super happy he finally gets his deserved Legendary alt, and with gorgeous art to boost. Sad that he still can't get anti-dragon without Naga support, but I love the opposite theme they gave his prf C compared to LRoys.

Only worry is that they already used up Wada for this alt, so that means the CYL version might have inferior art.

I'll pull all not-colorless orbs on first circle and get out, since Legendary banners are almost always unlucky for me. I need to learn restraint after plowing 2 months of orbs into narrowly pulling Bride Fjorm on her last day.

edit: Eliwood is one of those weird cases where they could have put him in probably any element, since his affinity is Anima (nature, so wind/water/maybe even earth would work), while his sword is usually associated with Fire.

Edited by Azuni

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

only for Reinhardt. Death Blow 4 is hardly something you should fodder off nowadays, considering sturdy and mirror impact and swift sparrow 3. All the other cavaliers are better off running something different then Death Blow 4.

Actually, I need Death Blow 4 for any units who can auto-follow up like H!Jakob, H! Kagerou or any one shot mage like Lilina. Mirror impact is very silly when it's on ranged unit because Dragon will always target their squishy def. Not to mention, Death Blow 4 on Micaiah with Brash-Des set up can tear down any armor units before they got chance to counter her.

I have many more ideas to get use of Death Blow 4 not just stupid Reinhardt.

Edited by Ginko

I did some quick math to calculate his stats from the trailer which is something I love doing wih legendaries and mythics. I ended up with, 

37 Hp, 35 Atk, Spd between 30 and 36, Def above 30, Res I don't know. 

The stateline I predict/hope is, 

37 Hp, 35 Atk, 35 spd, 32 Def 18 res. 

Now I don't really know how I feel about his kit. He is more of a support unit than offensive, considering he has one skill that directly affects his combat potential which is here because he needs a good fodder to draw people. I have many support oriented units and an Eirika for pure offense. That durandal can be nice but that C slot is very circumstancial in my opinion but at least it works nicely with durandal. I don't know how much I will pull as I don't really like any of the units aside from yune. 

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Bold Fighter armors use Death Blow 4 as their optimal skill choice. Armors can't learn Sturdy Impact (it's infantry and fliers only), and Bold Fighter makes the Spd from Swift Sparrow 3 less important.

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

No reason it shouldn't. In-combat stat buffs (which is what Bonus Doubler's effect is) have always stacked.

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Which are the best units to go for if you just started out recently?

Ryoma seems cool to me

Better ask here:

Important to know which 5* units you already got, which free CYL unit(s) you picked (Veronica is recommended) and if you already got free Ike (vanguard legend) and Fjorm. 

@mampfoid

You are right. I have made a decision, though. Since I don't  have any of the banner units as I just started out and sniping in legendary banners isn't recommended I will just go for all colors and take what I get and be happy with it - I have 150 orbs saved up - wanna spend at least 100 orbs and then hopefully finish with a pity breaker within 150 orbs 

5 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

@mampfoid

You are right. I have made a decision, though. Since I don't  have any of the banner units as I just started out and sniping in legendary banners isn't recommended I will just go for all colors and take what I get and be happy with it - I have 150 orbs saved up - wanna spend at least 100 orbs and then hopefully finish with a pity breaker within 150 orbs 

Good decision! I wish you good luck then. 

8 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

@mampfoid

Sniping is recommended for any banner you're pulling on, unless you really want every color. Legendary banners aren't an exception, the only difference is that it's hard to snipe specific characters but sniping colors where you want multiple characters works fine.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Sniping is recommended for any banner you're pulling on, unless you really want every color. Legendary banners aren't an exception, the only difference is that it's hard to snipe specific characters but sniping colors where you want multiple characters works fine.

I see, I watched some youtbe vids and people mentioned it there

6 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

As one who has Bonus Doubler on HK Marth, I can confirm that this is true. Works wonders with Special Spiral and Fire Emblem, making him [seemingly] impenetrable, so long as he doesn't get Panic Ployed

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bold Fighter armors use Death Blow 4 as their optimal skill choice. Armors can't learn Sturdy Impact (it's infantry and fliers only), and Bold Fighter makes the Spd from Swift Sparrow 3 less important.

No reason it shouldn't. In-combat stat buffs (which is what Bonus Doubler's effect is) have always stacked.

in what world is that optimal besides of Arena Assault? In Arena you want the Bonus unit to get the kill. PVE you usually run Distant Counter and Death Blow 4 hardly matters there. in AR Offense your tanks are either using Distant Counter or Distant Def 4, maybe in AR Defense but even then its hardly the best skill to use on the A-Slot for an Armorer.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

If he started the game just now, every focus unit of this banner might become useful. Doing full sessions raises the chance for more 5*. I think it's a valid strategy for the first weeks. 

@Nimrod I send you a friend request. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

in what world is that optimal besides of Arena Assault? In Arena you want the Bonus unit to get the kill. PVE you usually run Distant Counter and Death Blow 4 hardly matters there. in AR Offense your tanks are either using Distant Counter or Distant Def 4, maybe in AR Defense but even then its hardly the best skill to use on the A-Slot for an Armorer.

Arena Assault, Arena defense, oh fuck oh fuck my bonus unit can't actually kill this thing, any armor that already has Distant Counter on their weapon, any armor that you use exclusively on player phase because that's actually a thing, every single ranged armor in the game because every single one of them is viable to be used exclusively on player phase, and probably a bunch of other cases that I'm missing.