Serenes Forest Staff Recruitment!

Integrity

Hello, citizens.

You might have heard that there's a fancy new Fire Emblem game coming out. I dunno. The funny thing with new Fires Emblem coming out is that they're accompanied by a surge of activity, both old folks checking out the new toy and newcomers who just discovered this place. Weird how that happens.

To that end, we're looking to expand our moderator base a little bit. There are a few potential positions open, and the forum has grown enough that we've determined that the easiest way to go about this is to fire off a fancy application at you fine folks!

So if you think you'd be a cool arbitrator of justice who is accountable for their actions, go ahead and fill it out. It'll probably take you a few minutes, but all we're asking is that you be honest. Here's the link.

If you have any questions about the form or the process, direct them to the lovely @Specta, who drafted the entire form since we the overlords were too lazy to. Bless.

you could hypothetically be a fftf section moderator if i were really desperate to punish people, which i am, so hey, fill out the form,

So... if I were to apply, how much of my time would I be expected to dedicate? Because I'd like to help out with the increased workload if possible, but I'm not sure how my availability would be because of personal responsibilities and health issues. If it doesn't matter that I may disappear at times because of said issues, then I'll apply (not sure I'd even make it, and in such a case it'd be a moot point). I mean, if you guys don't have better applicants.

If I may be so bold, how often is a moderator expected to check in on the forums? Is it once a day? A few times thought the day? Or is it just based on the moderator's availability?

Edited by TheGoodHoms

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

So... if I were to apply, how much of my time would I be expected to dedicate?

3 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

If I may be so bold, how often is a moderator expected to check in on the forums?

loosely speaking, at least once or twice a day, but most of the stuff mods do rolls into a user's usual browsing habits

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

If it doesn't matter that I may disappear at times because of said issues,

the point of having a comprehensive staff is that nobody has to be at 100% all the time 😉

8 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

How essential is it to use Discord, I'm not very active on larger servers?

I'm also not to familiar with Discord's features

It is not essential! If you are on Discord, you wouldn't need to participate in the SF server as a whole, but we would request that you keep the secret staff channel unmuted so you can be part of that. However, if you are not a Discord-faring kinda guy, you'd just have to be sure you were active enough here on the forums so we can communicate somewhat reliably with you

I would strongly encourage any future staff members to have a Discord if just to be a part of the staff channel, since we do most of our staff communication there

Edited by Specta

They are pretty intentionally designed to evoke big thinkums because that is the typical stuff the moderator team here deals with on a day-to-day basis.

Also, just want to reinforce that having discord is Very Good™️ because it's an easy, convenient medium for us to have detailed conversations in as a staff.

There is no voting process inasmuch. The staff is discussing all of the applicants and determining together which we may want to reach out to

I don't believe we've set any close date on applications, since this isn't a contest or anything. This is open until we are satisfied, essentially

Edited by Specta

she's dead right - the soft deadline is is the release of feth, but i'll probably leave the form up for kicks afterwards so the hard deadline is the heat death of the universe

• 2 weeks later...