New Gameplay from Geeks & Com'!

I do not believe I have ever seen this footage before, but if it has been posted please let me know!

Here's the video!

We get to see the same content other videos have provided us, but we do get to see new stuff like Annette in combat. (Finally!) Do any of you hawk-eyed people spot anything new?

Some of the things I noticed:

-A dining conversation between Ferdinand and Edelgard

Spoiler

screenshot--5-.png

Aww :c

screenshot--6-.png

-We get to see in detail the GUI, pretty!

-We witness Annette fully in action.

-They finally show footage of killing the beast, I was beginning to think it was invincible!

Edited by Janiforme

I don't think anything too major showed up, but there were some new tibits I noticed:

• Unique dialogue can occur between dining partners Ferdinand stop harassing Edelgard
  • We get to hear clear audio of Annette's voice and get a glimpse of her stats
  • We see the Minor Crest of Dominic activate. Didn't augment the damage in that particular round of combat, and I didn't notice any other effects it had in battle, so no clue what it does at all

Well there's a neutral animation where Byleth looks at their hand like they're surprised to exist.

I hadn't noticed this before but the fast-travel in this game is actually REALLY fast, like instant basically. Which is impressive because the engine has to load in an entire floor of the monastery. 

Similarly there's a "run" button when Byleth is exploring that makes them really hoof it. They're an olympic level athlete.

Lysithea requires Mag and Faith to be recruited. Was that known already? The new PlayerEssence video cut off right before you saw her requirements, lol.

The characters have some voice lines before you even speak to them. The player runs past Raphael who can be heard laughing to himself like a goof.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Really like how they got some unique convos sprinkled in. Really helps things stand out more.

Cool to see more of Annette. God, she sounds really familiar and I can't place where.

I put my money on Brianna Knickerbocker, aka Charlotte/Sakura/Ninian. She does have a very consistent voice!

1 hour ago, Janiforme said:

I put my money on Brianna Knickerbocker, aka Charlotte/Sakura/Ninian. She does have a very consistent voice!

You know, she was my very first guess when we heard Annette's "Here goes" quote in the Gamespot videos, but I kept on wondering if it was really her the more I heard. 😄

Edited by Sentinel07

23 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Well there's a neutral animation where Byleth looks at their hand like they're surprised to exist.

Well, where there is a dragon loli speaks to you in your head, and then projects herself into your bedroom so she can watch you 24/7,

you probably start wondering about reality or if you were going crazy... "What if my hands were there and Sothis was playing another mind trick on me?"

at 14:29, Ashe seems to do 17 instead of 8 at different part of the body, when he's targeting the beast

Also 6:26 when Edelgard passed the exam, the little music IS the important item Acquisition from FE3!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ys6toAburA

At first I know I heard it before..then boom, checking out my FE3 OST files

Edited by link16hit
beast, theme

At 4:35, the Dark Mage class requires a Dark Seal instead of the Intermediate Seal that all the other Intermediate Classes require.

//

Around 10:45 Annette attacks a Bandit, and around 11:20 a Bandit attacks Annette. It appears to me in both case that is on a Forest, but Annette's Cutting Gale still has 100% to-Hit. Maybe magic ignores terrain avoidance bonuses, like in SoV?

//

We see that Annette's localised surname is Dominic and not Dominique, as had been translated.

Edited by LSM

13 minutes ago, LSM said:

At 4:35, the Dark Mage class requires a Dark Seal instead of the Intermediate Seal that all the other Intermediate Classes require.

And I suppose that means the way DLC classes (if they show up, which I'm sure they will because IS got stupid-good reception on the Awakening DLC) will go is they'll add in special seals that can only be obtained through means similar to the ones in which you get FE Fates DLC seals.

I suppose it's better than having to go into a special DLC shrine just to get it, even if that meant you could use the promotion on as many eligible units as possible (e.g. turning all the Whitewings into Harriers).  Just so long as they don't make the seals on a limited supply like they did with the amiibo-units' class seals in Fates.

Okay, this seems to confirm how the monster enemies will function, or at least this one. They normally have a half damage reduction for everything, and attacking damages the tiles they're standing on. Normal attacks need to hit twice to destroy a tile, while for Gambits it's only once on the main tile they're targeting(but still twice for additional ones they can reach; at least aoe isn't useless here)

When a tile is broken, the 1/2 damage doesn't take effect there anymore.  This is probably what the stun icon means, since it can still attack and its range shows that it can still move too, but this isn't certain.

The turn after one of its tiles has been broken, it automatically restores all of them.

As for its special breath attack, I'm not certain, but it seems to be action based, aka when the KoB has entered combat and/or moved a certain number of times, it will automatically do it.

There are a few snippets here and there outside of that(we get to see what tomb Jeralt is praying at, briefly), but I think that's the main big thing about this video.

Edited by Cysx

I think Dark Mage having a unique kind of seal will mean it's a bit different from the other Intermediate classes and might be able to keep up with Advanced  Classes(possibly explaining why there isn't an advanced class). 

I also wonder if Pegasus Knight has similar treatment too - can someone tell me where the Dark Seal was spotted?

8 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think Dark Mage having a unique kind of seal will mean it's a bit different from the other Intermediate classes and might be able to keep up with Advanced  Classes(possibly explaining why there isn't an advanced class). 

I also wonder if Pegasus Knight has similar treatment too - can someone tell me where the Dark Seal was spotted?

At this time stamp:

It's the only male intermediate class that requires a unique seal. Don't believe we've seen Pegasus Knight's exam shown? 

31 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

At this time stamp:

It's the only male intermediate class that requires a unique seal. Don't believe we've seen Pegasus Knight's exam shown? 

I could totally see Pegasus Knight getting a "Sky Seal" of sorts to even it out; having a lot of fliers early on in the game might be a bit too insane so that might be a way to control it.

10 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Lysithea requires Mag and Faith to be recruited

You know i wonder, with the amount of students we have how far can IS take those requierments with out runing into a reapeat?

I mean in Marie's case she just like Lysi is a mage, will her req be Mag and Reason?

What about Linhardt? Will he also have a Mag and Faith because he seems to be a BE white mage. Jyst like Lysithea.

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, User name said:

You know i wonder, with the amount of students we have how far can IS take those requierments with out runing into a reapeat?

I mean in Marie's case she just like Lysi is a mage, will her req be Mag and Reason?

What about Linhardt? Will he also have a Mag and Faith because he seems to be a BE white mage. Jyst like Lysithea.

Magic users also have Res to work off of as far as stats go, and Dex, Lck and Cha are pretty universal so they'd work too. Also a character like Marianne likes animals, so maybe she'll require Riding/Flying instead. Not too worried about that.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Magic users also have Res to work off of as far as stats go, and Dex, Lck and Cha are pretty universal so they'd work too. Also a character like Marianne likes animals, so maybe she'll require Riding/Flying instead. Not too worried about that.

Yes, and because of all those stats and weapons req its going to be a huge hustle to get a character join you.(Would be nice to know actual stat number and weapon level though, but i think weapon level is going to be a C or C+ for all students.)

So realistically you probably only going to get 2 students, maybe up to 4 if some of them share a req, I.e Mercie and Lysi both have Mag.

I got to say I'm not sure how I feel about base stats being a requisite for recruiting as opposed to just skill levels. 

What if your Byleth just doesn't RNG up magic enough to recruit the character you want before the school year ends? It will be a real bummer if random stat gains prevent you from getting your top choices from the other houses...

21 minutes ago, NeoAmon said:

I got to say I'm not sure how I feel about base stats being a requisite for recruiting as opposed to just skill levels. 

What if your Byleth just doesn't RNG up magic enough to recruit the character you want before the school year ends? It will be a real bummer if random stat gains prevent you from getting your top choices from the other houses...

Well, there's one stat and one weapon skill level listed for each recruit. We don't know if you need both, if it's either/or, or if there's an internal calculation that combines the two. We also don't know how high either needs to be (I'd guess ~20 stat and ~C skill level). 

1 hour ago, NeoAmon said:

You could cheat the system by turning Byleth into a mage; since it looks like your stats change a little bit when you switch classes.