Should I take a break from Heroes until my favorite character is added?

Gregster101

If you guys know me well on this server, then you should very well be aware that my most wanted characters who aren't in the game yet are Jill and Patty. I currently have 834 orbs saved for the day either one of them is added. However, the long wait for either one of them to be added has also just been eating me inside, and I'm just not sure if I can continue playing daily just to hoard orbs for when either one of them is added, especially if they aren't added this year, and I really don't want to have suffer waiting another year for them to be added. So the question just occurred to me recently. Is it okay with my current orb count to take a break from Heroes and not come back until the occasion that either one of them is added? Just asking you guys for some advice.

Yeah, if you feel like you need a break, take a break. Or maybe even just slow down and not do stuff that doesn't give you orbs like AR. Or maybe just quit entirely; Jill will probably get in eventually, but who knows when, and you might be waiting a looooong time for Patty.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Yeah, if you feel like you need a break, take a break. Or maybe even just slow down and not do stuff that doesn't give you orbs like AR. Or maybe just quit entirely; Jill will probably get in eventually, but who knows when, and you might be waiting a looooong time for Patty.

I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that Patty will probably not be added this year since IS hates Jugdral apparently, but I really hope Jill is added this year, cuz I just can't suffer waiting another year for her

If you're still having fun, I say play.  If you aren't then you can stop.  Jill has a good chance at being the Brave Redux girl, so even if we don't get another Tellius banner for a while, we'll probably get her.

You can probably tell from my sig who I want added to the game.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

If you're still having fun, I say play.  If you aren't then you can stop.  Jill has a good chance at being the Brave Redux girl, so even if we don't get another Tellius banner for a while, we'll probably get her.

You can probably tell from my sig who I want added to the game.

If nothing else, I'm really hoping Louise being added and Thrasir being locked for her own banner with Lif means Jill will be on this year's Farfetched banner.

And I can tell. Jill and Brolan would be really great additions

I took 5-6 months "off" from the game starting around October last year, not cold turkey as such but only I picked the lowest of the low-hanging orbs - i.e. login ones and some TT autobattles (frequently not reaching 50k, but making sure to get to 15k at least for the free 5*). No regrets, even if I missed out on some relatively easy orbs like Story map quests. No specific reason other than that I was getting pretty burnt out, particularly with the arena modes. I don't have a competitive bone in my body so those game modes are torture to me, even now.

It worked in that I came back relatively strongly and am doing all game modes again for now, although my enthusiasm is perhaps on the downswing again somewhat. I think if I were to take a break again I'd do it sooner than last time, where I tried to tough it out for a while and ended up feeling the worse for it.

I've taken a few breaks from Heroes. Sometimes that is necessary. But missing out on certain GHB/TT heroes and seals can be painful.

My advice is that you could cut down on those modes that you might dislike. From my perspective, I could do the bare minimum to maintain my AR tier and arena rank and cut out Arena Assault entirely, and only do enough of TT to get the heroes and seals. There may be a similar balance that works for you.

Edited by Etheus

I feel you dude, but taking a break means missing out! We just gotta keep on pressing forward.

Izana, where are you... :(

In the meantime I'm working in my Libra, he is +8 so far.

You can go cold turkey: delete the app, then reinstall when you get news of your favourites making it into Heroes.

Or you can autopilot. Do the bare minimum and collect easy Orbs so you have a nice bunch ready to use for your favourites by the time they are added.