Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Gonna add the stuff in a bit.

How to tell you got to the thread early.

~

@mampfoid @Landmaster

I probably could’ve gotten away with just giving Kaden the Chill Atk seal instead of inheriting Atk Smoke 2 on Raven...hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I probably could’ve gotten away with just giving Kaden the Chill Atk seal instead of inheriting Atk Smoke 2 on Raven...hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

Oh nice, that was pretty fast. Caeda and Peri didn't even need ATK buffs to get their prey, Caeda's effective damage helped. 

The right path seems the obvious one, I'll see if can do something different. 

Infernal was a bit of a puzzle, but I got it down.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attempt Abyssal for a while because some absolute twat of a cosmic force decided that FFXIV: Shadowbringers, Super Mario Maker 2, and LELiwood in FEH among other things were all launching this day, and I don't have the time to waste hacking out a clear.

My advice for tackling this map without a gimmick: bring a Panic staff. Four of the starting enemies in the map are tied for the highest Atk, which means LELiwood buffs all of them. Even worse, one of the enemies has a Feint skill and LELiwood himself is the only one who has a Rally, which means he moves on the first turn and also has an instacharged Blazing Flame, so you need to get those first enemies down ASAP before LELiwood closes in on you.

Here's my one-turn clear, same squad as with Naga's:

Spoiler

Had to give Cherche and Peri ally support to get the 2 extra attack needed to kill the blue manakete. That wind boost seal made it so Cherche was unable to quad with the skills I had available on her.

@mampfoid @Diovani Bressan

Edited by Maaka

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh nice, that was pretty fast. Caeda and Peri didn't even need ATK buffs to get their prey, Caeda's effective damage helped. 

The right path seems the obvious one, I'll see if can do something different. 

Yeah, the left path is annoying. I identified the Axe Cav and Eliwood as good targets for Caeda, but just couldn’t get her up there from the left side. I could probably get something going with a melee Cav or non-Armored Ranged unit, but...meh. Maybe later. Looking forward to your solution!

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, this Abyssal is really dumb. I managed to figure out a strat that doesn't involve Celica three dancers for Infernal, but not even Celica is working out on Abyssal.

How aggressive were you? Going all-in was the method that ended up working for my Celica Squad.

Spoiler

BE. AGGRESSIVE. B  E  A-G-G  R-E-S-S-I-V-E!

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid That's pretty great. Why deal with Bonus Doubler when they're all dead, huh?

The value of one-turning! (Or just KOing Eliwood on T1, I guess)

Edited by LordFrigid

These mages and Dragons are pain in the ass, trying to snipe my Shiro. So I switch Halloween Kagero out and let the sneaky Kaze as the prince bodyguard.

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster this map took them long so the music is long as well. Enjoy as always ^^

Edited by Ginko

That one was a doozy. The usual trio managed to pull Infernal off again, but I had to break one of my rules and bring Yune as the spare of the week. Eliwood's Bonus Doubler shenanigans made this quite a challenge. I don't think I'd actually be able to replicate my winning strategy from memory, that's how many times I tried.

1. Neutral Earth B!Lucina+2: Reposition, Vantage 3, Hone Speed 3 seal
  2. +Atk/-Res Yune: Reposition, Spd/Res Bond 3 seal
  3. Neutral L!Ike+1: Reposition, Axebreaker 3, Atk/Spd Bond 3 seal
  4. +Spd Julia+7: Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Atk/Spd 2 seal

Ike once again carried the day with Radiant Aether. Julia cleared a lot of the right side by herself. Yune mostly debuffed, but her flight did allow me to make a few sneaky hits here and there. Lucina actually participated beyond buffing for once by taking out most of the last few enemies with Vantage.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

How aggressive were you? Going all-in was the method that ended up working for my Celica Squad.

Hide contents

BE. AGGRESSIVE. B  E  A-G-G  R-E-S-S-I-V-E!

I don’t have Leg Azura so I can’t do this.

Any ideas?

Abyssal Eliwood in one turn: 

Of course I had to use Roy and I wanted to use the left route (it worked @LordFrigid). Needed Velouria to proc Roys GF against the archer, but she can't kill any of the melee units without a damage special, thus the EP kill. 

@Johann Luckily for Gray #2, Roy didn't need Zanbato yet. ;- )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Here's my one-turn clear, same squad as with Naga's:

Hey, you took the left path, like me! Didn't try Cherche with Fury, nice idea to proc the second WoM beacon. Well done! 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster this map took them long so the music is long as well. Enjoy as always ^^

Wow, more than a bodyguard i would say. Kaze took out Eliwood and many other, one of them tanking a staff at 1 HP. A long clutch moment at the end, congrats solving that! 

@mampfoid Father versus son! On horseback! Amazing chance to show off more B!Roy and you took it. Eliwood must have been so proud as he hit the dirt. Velouria also showed off her strength though she couldn't make use of Galeforce this time. Cordelia got the two kills she needed with ease, knowing that the Cav in the back was no match for Roy. Congrats!

@Landmaster @mcsilas @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343 @daisy jane @Azuris @Sasori @ruruo

Let's see how that barbecue is working out as "training ground".

Music: Sound of the End - Nier Automata (Hector and Lyn also got Nier tracks, so this was only logical)

I actually had a harder time figuring out Infernal than this. Mostly because I didn't find the right way go bait the enemies for a while. In Abyssal, they all lined up perfectly and I took the oportunity to do the same thing I did with Hrid: Wipe out most of the enemies by the second turn, so there are only stragglers left to deal with later. And it worked! My birds not having to worry about the lava pit certainly helped. Naesala didn't need to be speed stacked, but still went into overdrive taking out anything non-green. Summoner Support probably helps with that. haha Reyson only got one kill, but it was a highly critical one and I am definitely proud of him for it. Overall, this LHB had some nasty tricks at times but doesn't compare to some of the others out there. 

Hope you enjoyed!

everyone - this is really great. 

I am stumped to high heaven on what to do. The Girls can't touch this, Myrrh is struggling, Celica can't hit most of these people because of the high res. and everyone and their mother is on a horse. so i can't buy myself time. i'm missing something but i just can't see it. 

Pretty rough looking LHB, took quite a few tries to get it down. That armorsmasher guy was obnoxious, so I ended up winning by putting Svalinn Shield A on Surtr and choking the left side of the map. Nanna's Physic+ healing and Panic+ to negate the bonus doubler effect on enemies were clutch.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=363&height=487

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don’t have Leg Azura so I can’t do this.

Any ideas?

Not off the top of my head. I can poke at it some more this afternoon.

I do try to use Bride Ninian before resorting to Azura. I may not find anything.

41 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

everyone - this is really great. 

I am stumped to high heaven on what to do. The Girls can't touch this, Myrrh is struggling, Celica can't hit most of these people because of the high res. and everyone and their mother is on a horse. so i can't buy myself time. i'm missing something but i just can't see it. 

I forget, do you have Legendary Azura? You can take the fight to Eliwood on T1 if so. Then you won’t have to worry about Argent Durandal and Vision of Arcadia.

Edit: I just realized that +0, +Spd Celica with a +6 buff exactly hits the threshold to double the Bow Fighter with Ragnarok only partially active. A not +Spd Celica would need some combination of Summoner Support, Dragonflowers, and merges to get that 3 Spd. Or maybe Life and Death? The Bow probably doesn’t OHKO if she has a +6 Def buff...

Edited by LordFrigid

Seriously, what the fuck was IS thinking throwing all these unnecessary reinforcements AND separating your fucking party for no reason? Also, the map is shit. It's too constraining for anything besides fliers. This is the worst LHB ever. IS needs to learn to make fairer challenging maps that aren't complete bullshit.

EDIT: Well, I found a way for Team OTP (RD Ike, Summer Freddy, Summer Robin, Yukata Elincia) to tackle lunatic. But while they're fairly strong as a team now, they're not the best for most infernal and abyssal maps, so I'm going to switch things up for those (provided I decide I even want to do abyssal). I still think this map is more BS than a lot of other LHBs and MHBs we've had though.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Father versus son! On horseback! Amazing chance to show off more B!Roy and you took it. Eliwood must have been so proud as he hit the dirt. Velouria also showed off her strength though she couldn't make use of Galeforce this time. Cordelia got the two kills she needed with ease, knowing that the Cav in the back was no match for Roy. Congrats!

Haha, thanks! Bringing Roy was a must, everything to make daddy bite the floor proud. 

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Let's see how that barbecue is working out as "training ground".

Best birds at work! Really cool how strong Naesala is getting: Eliwood was practically outclassed. Few merges plus perhaps some premium fodder (Summer Laegjarn!) and he doesn't need the damage special anymore. 

Great clear again, congrats!

Btw: I'm really hoping to get a Tibarn soon. Not sure if to pull from the VG banner or to wait for his appearance on a legendary banner (shouldn't be too far away). 

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i'm missing something but i just can't see it. 

It's time for OG Ylgr then! (Or a brave Archer?)

Fliers can't do much damage. Horses can't do much damage. I can't even make Hrid more than barely survive the fucking axe cavalier on turn one. This is absolutely ridiculous. What the hell am I supposed to do if not even my best and most merged up units can do much of anything?

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Not off the top of my head. I can poke at it some more this afternoon.

I do try to use Bride Ninian before resorting to Azura. I may not find anything.

I forget, do you have Legendary Azura? You can take the fight to Eliwood on T1 if so. Then you won’t have to worry about Argent Durandal and Vision of Arcadia.

Edit: I just realized that +0, +Spd Celica with a +6 buff exactly hits the threshold to double the Bow Fighter with Ragnarok only partially active. A not +Spd Celica would need some combination of Summoner Support, Dragonflowers, and merges to get that 3 Spd. Or maybe Life and Death? The Bow probably doesn’t OHKO if she has a +6 Def buff...

thanks, i'm heading out but i'll watch this. 
Celica is +2 +atk. I can GIVE her spd 3 (instead of flashing blade). 
I really should give Celica some flowers. 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fliers can't do much damage. Horses can't do much damage. I can't even make Hrid more than barely survive the fucking axe cavalier on turn one. This is absolutely ridiculous. What the hell am I supposed to do if not even my best and most merged up units can do much of anything?

As for me, the main problem of this map is dragons and mages. If you have any units who can deal with them, then you can send your physical wall units in and sweep them later on.

I have problem with this map  before I post my clear too. Thanks to Kaze, he saved my day.

Edited by Ginko

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

As for me, the main problem of this map is dragons and mages. If you have any units who can deal with them, then you can send your physical wall units in and sweep them later on.

I have problem with this map  before I post my clear too. Thanks to Kaze, he saved my day.

Frederick is my best wall. I usually bring in Yukata Elincia to deal with dragons since she can also refresh, but she can only deal with the blue and sometimes green ones. Kaze's my best mage tank, but there are also just so many units on this one that I'm not sure how to protect those two without anyone dying, whether it's them or my walls.

Also, Eliwood's special really hurts... >_<

I've been waiting for someone else to post in this thread, but it seems no one will, so I have no choice but to double post.

How the flying FUCK does a +Def, Distant Def, Drive Def 2 buffed RD Ike get easily one-rounded by that fucking archer? That makes no sense AT ALL. This is almost 50 fucking defense that this archer is against. Extremely unfair. If a stupid archer still does a ton of damage even after all that, that's seriously fucked up.

I was given wrong information about Kaze too. He can't do shit here because even despite having 42 Res, he still almost gets killed in one round by any mage.

I'm sorry, but...this is just the most pissed off I've ever been at a map in this game.

Edited by Anacybele