Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I liked that policy. I see that the Askr Trio didn't die because you can't fodder them or send them home.

Yeah, but even then Anna could stay since she both is and isn't a FEH OC. Oh and regrettably, the 4* summer Ylgr is still alive at this point because I still haven't gotten to 50,000 points in the TT. As for the 5* star one......Haar has since acquired a new trophy weapon.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The only actual specific teams I have are horse and flier ones.

Horse: Hrid, Frederick, Reinhardt, legendary Ephraim

Flier: legendary Ryoma/Kinshi Hinoka (depends on who I need more), flying Nino, Summer Corrin, legendary Azura

I don't use any specific infantry or armor teams because I change them up so much. I do this because I have so many good ones from both. And sometimes I throw some units from these horse and flier teams on other teams too, to see if a mixed movement team with synergizing skills would work better.

As for their function? Uh, what else but to buff each other and kill enemies? And if they're a refresher, they refresh. Nothing else is necessary.

That is the most basic of functions, units can do so much more than that. You can play around with movement skills to create better positioning, use HP thresholds to make clever use of pulse skills and so much more. Buffing and killing is not everything Feh gameplay is about, not by a long shot. Buffing is one part of Feh Gameplay and killing units is the end goal. Buffs, movement restriction on enemy, movement supports for your own allies, special manipulation, playing with stat thresholds, using colours to manipulate AI movement, using skills to manipulate AI buff mechanics and the list goes on.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The only actual specific teams I have are horse and flier ones.

Horse: Hrid, Frederick, Reinhardt, legendary Ephraim

Flier: legendary Ryoma/Kinshi Hinoka (depends on who I need more), flying Nino, Summer Corrin, legendary Azura

I don't use any specific infantry or armor teams because I change them up so much. I do this because I have so many good ones from both. And sometimes I throw some units from these horse and flier teams on other teams too, to see if a mixed movement team with synergizing skills would work better.

As for their function? Uh, what else but to buff each other and kill enemies? And if they're a refresher, they refresh. Nothing else is necessary.

well #1 the problem with your horse team is that they are all slow, and will blow up to anything magical. 
the end. 
those are your only fliers? because that's not much of a comp either (but then to be fair i tend to build almost every single flier in the game. the only ones i don't have are some seasonals and Laegjarn). and i mix and match accordingly. including their skills, seals, and if necessary all support. 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously, what the fuck was IS thinking throwing all these unnecessary reinforcements AND separating your fucking party for no reason? Also, the map is shit. It's too constraining for anything besides fliers. This is the worst LHB ever. IS needs to learn to make fairer challenging maps that aren't complete bullshit.

EDIT: Well, I found a way for Team OTP (RD Ike, Summer Freddy, Summer Robin, Yukata Elincia) to tackle lunatic. But while they're fairly strong as a team now, they're not the best for most infernal and abyssal maps, so I'm going to switch things up for those (provided I decide I even want to do abyssal). I still think this map is more BS than a lot of other LHBs and MHBs we've had though.

I just beat it with the Askrtrio and Veronica on Abyssal, no merges... Sharenas personal Weapon Fensalir makes short work of Bonus doubler with her Refine. So yeah its doable it just needs you to step outside of the  comfort zone and use a panic staff healer or soemthing with dull close or ranged (or in Sharenas case both combined in her weapon wuzzzaaaah)

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

That is the most basic of functions, units can do so much more than that. You can play around with movement skills to create better positioning, use HP thresholds to make clever use of pulse skills and so much more. Buffing and killing is not everything Feh gameplay is about, not by a long shot. Buffing is one part of Feh Gameplay and killing units is the end goal. Buffs, movement restriction on enemy, movement supports for your own allies, special manipulation, playing with stat thresholds, using colours to manipulate AI movement, using skills to manipulate AI buff mechanics and the list goes on.

Except killing is the whole point, though? In order to clear a map, you have to kill everything. That's the most basic and important part of succeeding in this game. 😕

I should have mentioned that I do use positioning skills though, my bad. And of course I try to manipulate the AI.

I don't have access to Pulse skills. None of my units have them except Saber who has Infantry Pulse. I don't really have any units with movement restriction skills either.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well #1 the problem with your horse team is that they are all slow, and will blow up to anything magical. 
the end. 
those are your only fliers? because that's not much of a comp either (but then to be fair i tend to build almost every single flier in the game. the only ones i don't have are some seasonals and Laegjarn). and i mix and match accordingly. including their skills, seals, and if necessary all support. 

Except Hrid can often double anyway thanks to his weapon or just plain one-shot enemies a lot thanks to his crazy high Atk. Frederick is an enemy phase tank that runs QR, so Spd doesn't matter for him either. Reinhardt also doesn't need Spd since he can usually blow up enemies in one round thanks to his weapon and such. Ephraim also can double on occasion regardless of his Spd thanks to his weapon. Spd isn't important for these guys. They're often strong enough to one-round magic users before said magic users can attack them too. Hrid and Frederick are also decent at tanking green and blue magic users, respectively. Only red mages are a serious threat to this team, but hey, no team can be an answer to absolutely everything. They'll always have a weakness.

Of course those aren't my only fliers. They're simply my best ones and they've had more success together than any of my other fliers.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I just beat it with the Askrtrio and Veronica on Abyssal, no merges... Sharenas personal Weapon Fensalir makes short work of Bonus doubler with her Refine. So yeah its doable it just needs you to step outside of the  comfort zone and use a panic staff healer or soemthing with dull close or ranged (or in Sharenas case both combined in her weapon wuzzzaaaah)

I don't have that either. The panic staff healer with those skills, I mean.

Edited by Anacybele

@MrSmokestack

Do you have a heron and a spare Legault? I didn’t actually try Leanne...only had one spare Legault.

If that’s still a no-go, I’m afraid I’m at a loss. Admittedly, I say that more because I don’t feel like poking at it more right now, as opposed to actually believing there’s no other solution.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have that either. The panic staff healer with those skills, I mean.

Well then find another way, i used Sharena.

And my Team Hrid cleared it with Wrys Trifuckta (Trilemma + Cancel Affinity) Dagger Olivia and the Rein. Albeit most killing came from Hrid. None of them used any form of Dull something, but killing Eliwood early obviously helped because you dont have to deal with Bonus Doubler anymore.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Well then find another way, i used Sharena.

And my Team Hrid cleared it with Wrys Trifuckta (Trilemma + Cancel Affinity) Dagger Olivia and the Rein. Albeit most killing came from Hrid. None of them used any form of Dull something, but killing Eliwood early obviously helped because you dont have to deal with Bonus Doubler anymore.

What do you think I've been trying to do? >_>

I don't have Trilemma. I don't have dagger Olivia. Can you at least suggest things I DO have? Also, I can't kill Eliwood early, he never comes anywhere near my units at that point. I already said this.

I’ll wait for a Brave Bow+ user + 3 dancers strat video if it comes. If not then I’ll pass. The orb prize is trivial.  I’m too stupid for these gimmicks. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What do you think I've been trying to do? >_>

I don't have Trilemma. I don't have dagger Olivia. Can you at least suggest things I DO have? Also, I can't kill Eliwood early, he never comes anywhere near my units at that point. I already said this.

Then you are positioning your units not correctly if you cant tackle Eliwood early on. I dont know what you have, so you have to try on your own.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’ll wait for a Brave Bow+ user + 3 dancers strat vide if it comes. If not then I’ll pass. The orb prize is trivial.  I’m too stupid for these gimmicks. 

hmmmm

that's something I didn't try...

Askrtrio & Veronica vs Eliwood Abyssal!

Sharenas personal weapon is really something else, i use her during light season in AR when she is a bonus unit, that built in dull close/ranged is something else!

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Then you are positioning your units not correctly if you cant tackle Eliwood early on. I dont know what you have, so you have to try on your own.

I've tried all kinds of different positioning. Really, I've tried pretty much all that was suggested here. I'm not sure what else anyone can tell me though. I can list the units I use most and some other units I have that people commonly use though.

Horses: Frederick, Reinhardt, Hrid, legendary Ephraim, Silas, Brave Lyn, Sigurd, Gunnthra, Veronica, Abel, Oscar, GD Mist, GD Titania, Horse Chrom
Fliers: Legendary Ryoma, Legendary Azura, flying Nino, Summer Corrin, Kinshi Hinoka, Bunny Palla, Tana, Elincia, Summer Tana, Cherche
Armors: GD Ike, Greil, Brave Ephraim, Christmas Robin, Christmas Ephraim, Legendary Hector, Black Knight, Zelgius, Halloween Jakob
Infantry: RD Ike, Brave Ike, Summer Frederick, Kaze, Klein, Legendary Marth, Legendary Alm, Alm, Raven, Linde, Celica
Dragons: Legendary Tiki, Grima Robin, Myrrh, Halloween Myrrh, Nowi, Young Tiki, Naga
Refreshers: Yukata Elincia, Legendary Azura, Azura, Lene, Silvia, Ninian, Dancer Inigo, Yukata Ryoma, Young Azura, Olivia

Olivia isn't 5 star. I have a lot more units not listed here, but as I said, these are only my most used and some units I commonly see in teams used to beat tough maps.

My full list of 5 stars is in the "How many 5 stars do you have?" thread though, and I can go get it from there, if anyone wants.

59 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except killing is the whole point, though? In order to clear a map, you have to kill everything. That's the most basic and important part of succeeding in this game. 😕

I should have mentioned that I do use positioning skills though, my bad. And of course I try to manipulate the AI.

I don't have access to Pulse skills. None of my units have them except Saber who has Infantry Pulse. I don't really have any units with movement restriction skills either.

I literally SAID that the end goal is killing all units. Please read more carefully. I was also not talking about positional skills like reposition, I assumed you were using those. I was talking about things like Air orders, guidance, flier formation and Anna’s noatun. I was talking about using gravity staff and Glare as ways to disrupt enemy movement. 

As other have said, think outside the box and stop just relying on stats alone. This is a map you can’t outmuscle. 

And you said you did not have panic staff users. I am willing to bet you have a regular panic staff user in your barracks. 

Infantry pulse is found on marisa, who is a grail character and thus you can get her without orbs. 

Stop making excuses and saying things are unfair if you are not using all tools at your disposal. And yeah, if grails are short right now you might have to wait until the rerun if your strat requires it, but that is planning in advance, and not giving up and saying things are unfair. Plan your resources if you want to clear these on your own.

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I literally SAID that the end goal is killing all units. Please read more carefully. I was also not talking about positional skills like reposition, I assumed you were using those. I was talking about things like Air orders, guidance, flier formation and Anna’s noatun. I was talking about using gravity staff and Glare as ways to disrupt enemy movement. 

As other have said, think outside the box and stop just relying on stats alone. This is a map you can’t outmuscle. 

And you said you did not have panic staff users. I am willing to bet you have a regular panic staff user in your barracks. 

Infantry pulse is found on marisa, who is a grail character and thus you can get her without orbs. 

Stop making excuses and saying things are unfair if you are not using all tools at your disposal. And yeah, if grails are short right now you might have to wait until the rerun if your strat requires it, but that is planning in advance, and not giving up and saying things are unfair. Plan your resources if you want to clear these on your own.

Except for Air Orders, I have those on the fliers I mentioned above and yet that has not worked. I don't use the Askr trio except for quests that require them, since they're not good enough units for stuff like this. They lack merges and have been powercrept regardless. I am no expert player, so I need better units than them.

I don't have a Panic staff user. I said that already. And if I did, I didn't build them.

I never fully built Marisa.

I'm not making any excuses. I can't help it if I don't have a certain skill or weapon available. How are those just excuses? And I've been trying all the best tools I have, why would I not be? I do plan my resources.

These maps should just be easier. Not so easy that they're boring, of course, but they shouldn't be too hard for players like me to clear.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@MrSmokestack

Do you have a heron and a spare Legault? I didn’t actually try Leanne...only had one spare Legault.

If that’s still a no-go, I’m afraid I’m at a loss. Admittedly, I say that more because I don’t feel like poking at it more right now, as opposed to actually believing there’s no other solution.

I have a Leanne, but I used my only copy of Legault for fodder a while back.

I didn’t think about having Celica get hit to proc Desperation, so I’ll work with that for a while.

My only issue was Nohrian Azura having to tank two blues in one turn since I don’t have her, but I may be able to improvise.

My Dancers are +10 4* Olivia, Leanne, and Young Azura. Normally I use Drive Atk on Olivia, double Spur Atk on Young Azura, and a flex seal on Leanne. Usually Drive Spd.

My other Dancers are, uh...Inigo, Shigure, and Ninian. Not exactly great.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Anacybele Only Maria and Priscilla have it.

Hmm...Gravity staff set-up...maybe that Elise that spooked me months ago can be useful for something...

Oh. I actually have both of them at 5 star. I was thinking they had other weapons for some reason. But they're not very good units now since they've been powercrept. I'd probably be better off foddering their weapons to an actual good staff wielder, but all my others already have good weapons. I don't know who exactly I'd give Panic to anyway.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’ll wait for a Brave Bow+ user + 3 dancers strat video if it comes. If not then I’ll pass. The orb prize is trivial.  I’m too stupid for these gimmicks. 

I was stuck on Abyssal, but hadn't tried that yet. Took a few tries, but I got it done with Brave Bow Lyn, Leanne, Reyson, and Legendary Azura (a completely unfair unit 😀).

The difference in difficulty between Infernal and Abyssal seems disproportionately larger to me, but I guess it's always been that way.

@DarkAlf @daisy jane @Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @Flying Shogi @Poimagic @LordFrigid @NegativeExponents- @Ginko  @Alkaid @Alexmender @mampfoid

@kirauza343 @Charmeleonbrah @Usana @Cute Chao @NSSKG151 @Stroud @Nanima  @Astellius @redlight @Landmaster @Azuris @Baldrick  @Mau @Robert of Normandy @Diovani Bressan 

Here's my Infernal clear, man oh man this was a hard one. Nowi is pretty integral at the start with baiting the Blue Mage so Eliwood will go right (Thanks for the tip, Diovani!), and after that it's all Bunny Veronica destroying everything while celebrating Easter with the assistance of two lovely dancers, although Nowi managed to get a couple of kills afterwards.

Also good job everyone on your clears. Haven't seen every video yet, but some of your descriptions make for some quite amazing battles.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except for Air Orders, I have those on the fliers I mentioned above and yet that has not worked. I don't use the Askr trio except for quests that require them, since they're not good enough units for stuff like this. They lack merges and have been powercrept regardless. I am no expert player, so I need better units than them.

Sharena is one of the best tanks for stuff like this, her weapon nullifies any kind of buffs!!!!! And as pointed above in my vid was cleared with the Askrtrio! They need heavy investment for stuff like Abyssal but they can do it, without merges and powercreep BST.

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Sharena is one of the best tanks for stuff like this, her weapon nullifies any kind of buffs!!!!! And as pointed above in my vid was cleared with the Askrtrio! They need heavy investment for stuff like Abyssal but they can do it, without merges and powercreep BST.

I said they're not very good for me. You're not me.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not making any excuses. I can't help it if I don't have a certain skill or weapon available. How are those just excuses? And I've been trying all the best tools I have, why would I not be? I do plan my resources.

These maps should just be easier. Not so easy that they're boring, of course, but they shouldn't be too hard for players like me to clear.

You know, I've been here as well, blaming a strategy game for my failures because I was pretty frustrated with failing constantly, that I figured I couldn't be wrong, since what I've done has worked before, why wouldn't it now? So your not alone with feeling a bit angry/letdown. But, from what I've learned, things like "different tools, specific setups" are different for you and for others. What you think is great, might not be the same for somebody else. They aren't trying to put you down or anything, just telling you to open your mind to more possibilities I think. I'm sure your good at this game, much better than me i'd wager, as I haven't beaten Eliwood on Lunatic yet, but seeing all these clears from others/really nice tricks/tips, I realise that my way might be the issue here. As far as the maps being easier, I kinda agree but then what would be the point of the "hardest challenge"?  I'm not trying to sound rude, since I completely understand how you feel, just saying to not shut their ideas down so quickly, they want to help you. What i'm trying to say pretty much is don't give up! I'm sure you can do it!

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

I think this is the issue that I kinda have at the moment, so I know how this feels too!

Edited by lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You know, I've been here as well, blaming a strategy game for my failures because I was pretty frustrated with failing constantly, that I figured I couldn't be wrong, since what I've done has worked before, why wouldn't it now? So your not alone with feeling a bit angry/letdown. But, from what I've learned, things like "different tools, specific setups" are different for you and for others. What you think is great, might not be the same for somebody else. They aren't trying to put you down or anything, just telling you to open your mind to more possibilities I think. I'm sure your good at this game, much better than me i'd wager, as I haven't beaten Eliwood on Lunatic yet, but seeing all these clears from others/really nice tricks/tips, I realise that my way might be the issue here. As far as the maps being easier, I kinda agree but then what would be the point of the "hardest challenge"?  I'm not trying to sound rude, since I completely understand how you feel, just saying to not shut their ideas down so quickly, they want to help you. What i'm trying to say pretty much is don't give up! I'm sure you can do it!

Hey, I never said I didn't appreciate the attempts to help me. I do, it's just that those ideas have not worked for me.

A guide I tried just now didn't work either because for some reason, my Fjorm dies to the red dragon towards the end despite having more Res than the Fjorm in the video. There's just nothing I can do. Sorry, but it's best that I give up on this BS map.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, I never said I didn't appreciate the attempts to help me. I do, it's just that those ideas have not worked for me.

A guide I tried just now didn't work either because for some reason, my Fjorm dies to the red dragon towards the end despite having more Res than the Fjorm in the video. There's just nothing I can do. Sorry, but it's best that I give up on this BS map.

Well that's a great start. I can't say I understand a guide since I've never used one, but I can relate, I really can. You don't have to apologize to anyone, sometimes it's best to take a step back. If it isn't fun for you, then I don't know if it's worth it.