Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, this isn’t going to work. Without a green melee Dancer, those two blue cavaliers take too long for Celica to KO.

Would it be possible to build around a Dull tank? I recently gave Sharena DC, but the Green Cavs will give me issues.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Not off the top of my head. I can poke at it some more this afternoon.

I do try to use Bride Ninian before resorting to Azura. I may not find anything.

I forget, do you have Legendary Azura? You can take the fight to Eliwood on T1 if so. Then you won’t have to worry about Argent Durandal and Vision of Arcadia.

Edit: I just realized that +0, +Spd Celica with a +6 buff exactly hits the threshold to double the Bow Fighter with Ragnarok only partially active. A not +Spd Celica would need some combination of Summoner Support, Dragonflowers, and merges to get that 3 Spd. Or maybe Life and Death? The Bow probably doesn’t OHKO if she has a +6 Def buff...

Thanks! Okay. 

Picture it: Elliwood Infernal, 2019. 
The Cast: Celica, (+2, +Atk)  Flying Olivia (squee, +happiness/-not broken), LAzura, (+spd/-def) and Airzura. (+atk/-def, +Hagoita refine)
The Skills: Celica: Speed 3, Livvy: Hone Atk 3, Lazura: Something Dance 1, and Airzura Guidance 1. 
The Target: 4 Orbs. 

Operation: Kill Mr. Hotness. 

I tried this for so long with Celica's normal Dance Crew (Airzura, Lene and NInian), but that Bonus double was nasty. and every combo i tried, i got closer but it was just all the horses. then i suffered from "Clear" syndrome as in "I couldn't remember what i did before." Frigid pointed out Lazura. right. (and i learned that the 3 movement is active even after several dances later. (good to know for the future). the stumper was - i couldn't kill the lance knight no matter what i did. the Healer had Earthwater (Def/Res)+ the Bonus Doubler... it was insane. 

I needed to take the fight to Mr. Hotness - insert Livvy's debut on Celica's Dance Crew. Guidance 100 percent was needed here, and this was one of the times i wasn't lazy and I'd give Airzura Hone Atk 3 (or Hone Spd 3) for when she isn't on a Flying Only team. also. had more coins to upgrade Guidance to full power. Anyway. Celica moves and breaks the wall on the right, LAzura dances, and Celica takes out the Bow (this wss the first struggle. Celica with Flashing Blade, didn't get the kill, ditto with Brazen atk/spd. She needed the speed. hence Speed + 3. if the team was together, hone spd 3 would have been fine and i'm curious if FB3 would have kicked in. anyhoo).Liv needed to be under the Axe Cav. Celica kills Mr Hotness, , airzura comes in, and the Axe cav is dead. 

Second wave: as @Landmaster knows, (and appreciates) I need my dancers to take a hit - and to hit back. no matter what i did (even with buffs, maybe drives would have worked), Celica wasn't touching that lance cav. Celica takes out the healer. Airzura dances, and Celica moves down, LAzura dances (and is on the fire tile in line with the Blue Horse Mage), Olivia Dances, and celica and she are safe. Airzura takes out the Lance. (Bless Triangle Adept). Lazura (having a noodle arm) can't take out the mage knight and is Critical (1 hit). 

Third wave. Celica is capable of sweeping a good chunk of this wave. the danger is the Green bow. Olivia (with her steady posture from Reyson to negate her superbane def). is inline to take a hit including the bow.

the Fourth Wave made me go "seriously?!" another flying bow, and some other stuff. Liv was able to take ANOTHER hit, (way to go!!) the problem was the new flying bow. Vantage. I had to use Blazing wind (Celica's special of choice), on someone else before taking out the vantage. Airzura killed someone annd. 

finally cleared it. 

This one was really tricky, and i had to play around with seals. Celica really needed the speed.one of the rare times she couldn't muscle her way through a map and I needed everyone to take a hit (in Airzura/Livvy's case more than once) to remove some obstacles. again i think if i had drives on Livvy etc,  i could do the Abyssal but i'm not gonna. 

Thanks Frigid for the tip on Lazura that really gave me the opening i needed. 

41 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah, this isn’t going to work. Without a green melee Dancer, those two blue cavaliers take too long for Celica to KO.

Would it be possible to build around a Dull tank? I recently gave Sharena DC, but the Green Cavs will give me issues.

So, my Inigo is +9, I think I got a bunch of copies while pulling off some Legendary Banner (Lyn?).

This is the closest I’ll be able to get to matching your setup. I think he hits the stat thresholds he needs at +0...? I’d try Sharena, but I haven’t actually refined Fensalir =P .

Spoiler

Grinding SP for Leanne is annoying.

Welcome back, by the way. I keep forgetting to say that.

@daisy jane

Awesome, congrats!

Edited by LordFrigid

So, that video I used, since it was towards the very end where I had that issue with Fjorm dying to the red dragon, I decided to see if I could improvise a bit. And it actually worked. Yay for four orbs! And at least I did a little of it on my own. I do like when I figure out ways to improvise on others' strats like that.

Abyssal rewards a gold version of Silas's knight helmet. Well crap. I'd definitely love having that for male Morgan since he's wearing the regular Silas knight helm. >_<

@mampfoid You always manage to make these look easy! It’s nice to see Velouria’s prf come in handy, and Roy continues to shine.

@Nanima I always love your bird tribe clears! Especially watching Reyson put in work as a fighter. Your clear is extra impressive considering how long you left Eliwood alive, because that bonus doubled gimmick is brutal.

@Jave Nice job! It’s great to see a unit like Veronica using her natural weapon and not a Bladetome to destroy her foes. Good luck with Abyssal if you give it a shot!

This map and gimmick is awful...I was stuck on Infernal for a while until I saw someone suggest basically throwing Celica straight to Eliwood (because goddamn the bonus doubler on basically all the starting units is brutal). After that, Infernal was a piece of cake and I even cleared Abyssal on my first try without having to change a thing (though that’s more because Celica plus three dancers is amazing not because it’s an easy map).

It’s not much different than @LordFrigid‘s clear but I’m still proud of figuring this out so im still sharing it. Legendary Azura is amazing and she’s a lifesaver for maps like this, but New Year’s Azura is still probably my favorite dancer to use (and the map layout and unit formations made her perfect to help).

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

So, my Inigo is +9, I think I got a bunch of copies while pulling off some Legendary Banner (Lyn?).

This is the closest I’ll be able to get to matching your setup. I think he hits the stat thresholds he needs at +0...? I’d try Sharena, but I haven’t actually refined Fensalir =P .

Reveal hidden contents

Grinding SP for Leanne is annoying.

Welcome back, by the way. I keep forgetting to say that.

I really appreciate you putting in the effort. You didn't have to but you did anyway. Thank you so much!

I was able to do Abyssal with a few tweaks to the team. Inigo at +0 and neutral defensive IVs died to the Cleric by 2 points of damage. Since I was too impatient to give him a Res refine on Dancer's Ring, I gave him Summoner Support C for the same effect.

He also had Ally Support with Celica from Alm Abyssal a while back, which I took advantage of here because I didn't have any Brazen fodder to spare How dare you fodder best boy Ares!? It ended up mattering because the whopping 1 point of Attack from their S Support was needed to KO the Cleric. Towards the end the enemies didn't move exactly as they did for you, so I had to improvise towards the end. But Abyssal is done.

Once again, I really appreciate your help with this.

It took me several tries but I cleared it using Brave Lyn and 3 Azuras.

+Spd 5+10+5 Brave Lyn: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Brash Assault 3
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: Spd Hagoita+, Sing, Iote's Shield, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Tactic 3, Drive Atk 2
+Atk +3 Performing Arts Azura: Urdr, Sing, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Res 2, Res +1
+HP/-Atk Legend Azura: Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, B Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Tactic 3, Torrent Dance 3

7 hours ago, Jave said:

Here's my Infernal clear, man oh man this was a hard one. 

Oh wow, Veronica surprised me here. Not only does she beat red boss Eliwood in one round of combat, she kills also half of the reinforcements. Without a Bladetome, Desperation and the likes. Really cool! 

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did you try Celica, two dancers + brave Archer? /Edit: nevermind, you cleared it already, yay! 

Hi there!

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

finally cleared it. 

Wohooo, nice! Video recording still doesn't work?

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

it actually worked. Yay for four orbs! And at least I did a little of it on my own. I do like when I figure out ways to improvise on others' strats like that.

Congrats, you didn't give up! 

If it was too easy, it wouldn't have been  that satisfying. ;- ) 

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

You always manage to make these look easy! It’s nice to see Velouria’s prf come in handy, and Roy continues to shine.

Thanks! I think Velouria will come into play more often in the future, even if it's only for a Repo/smite. 

4 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This map and gimmick is awful...I was stuck on Infernal for a while until I saw someone suggest basically throwing Celica straight to Eliwood (because goddamn the bonus doubler on basically all the starting units is brutal). After that, Infernal was a piece of cake and I even cleared Abyssal on my first try without having to change a thing (though that’s more because Celica plus three dancers is amazing not because it’s an easy map).

The nukiest of all nukes in action. I like your aggressive approach and I want to steal your Fury 4 for mine . Airzura is the secret star, tanking away blues. 

Congrats! 

Yes, Brave (Bow) Leon and three Azuras can clear this.  But it required some seal shuffling (Leon needed Brazen Atk/Spd while Legendary Azura got Drive Spd 2), and the ground-based Azura absolutely needs Wings of Mercy.

Took a video of this because this clear was kinda weird.  Will upload it on request.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yes, Brave (Bow) Leon and three Azuras can clear this.  But it required some seal shuffling (Leon needed Brazen Atk/Spd while Legendary Azura got Drive Spd 2), and the ground-based Azura absolutely needs Wings of Mercy.

Took a video of this because this clear was kinda weird.  Will upload it on request.

Oho, I want to see it. Leon destroying this map sound really fun!

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats, you didn't give up! 

If it was too easy, it wouldn't have been  that satisfying. ;- ) 

Yeah, but it isn't satisfying to have had so much trouble with it either... Thanks though.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but it isn't satisfying to have had so much trouble with it either... Thanks though.

I recommend you to keep trying then, even after receiving the orbs. That's what I did with Naga. For infernal, I used a guide, but later I was able to do it by my own.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I recommend you to keep trying then, even after receiving the orbs. That's what I did with Naga. For infernal, I used a guide, but later I was able to do it by my own.

That's great, but I just don't want to bother with it anymore since I already spent hours trying. And I need to find help for abyssal since I'd like to get that gold knight helm.

18 hours ago, Jave said:

Here's my Infernal clear, man oh man this was a hard one.

I've seen a fair number of Celica and Ophelia-centric clears, but I think this is the first time I've seen spring Veronica put in so much work!  Well done.  She had me a bit worried when those red manaketes began closing in the left side, but they were surprisingly little match.  Nowi played her part well too.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:32 PM, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Eliwood in one turn:

Too bad about Velouria not being able to take advantage of Galeforce too, but that perfect EP kill must have been very satisfying!

I tend not to bother much with the Abyssal maps anymore, but somehow this one was a little more straightforward than I was expecting.  No solos, duos, or anything like that this time.  I did however limit myself to only Jugdral units and by coincidence were all ranged.  Also serves as Julia's debut as a +10! 

Edited by DLNarshen

@Diovani Bressan @MrSmokestack here ya go!  Luckily, I had a burner account so I could make this channel.  Google's being a gigantic pain in the ass when it comes to new accounts.

Anyway, playthrough notes:

- Leon has Brazen Atk/Spd so that he'll have enough oomph to kill later enemies.  I think I needed one stat or the other.
- Legendary Azura's Drive Spd 2 is required, or Leon won't have enough speed to hit four times against the first enemy.
- Ground Azura needs Wings of Mercy, or she'll never reach Leon in time.
- I think Swordbreaker can be used in place of Drive Spd 2 for the first enemy, but I'm too lazy to remove Chill Def 3.

@Hilda 

That was a great one! Sharena getting the most kills and boss-Eliwood on top.

I like to see skills like Anna's link skill in action, well done!

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

but that perfect EP kill must have been very satisfying!

It was! Thanks! 

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Also serves as Julia's debut as a +10! 

Wohooo, Julia! Looking great and many clutch moments here. Reinhardt cleaned just a little bit and had to eat the Vantage Archer. Congrats! 

Bet we'll see more of your newest +10 couple. 

Phoenixmaster finally put up his FTP video for this which includes an abyssal solution.

Only problem for me is, it requires you to fodder a Priscilla or Maria to Ethlyn for Panic+ if you aren't able to use Priscilla or Maria themselves. Either I'm going to have to dig into my already-getting-lowish feather stash or find some way to make Priscilla/Maria work, as I happen to have both of them at 5 star. And I have been able to improvise on things before when I have to replace one unit with someone else, so we'll see if I cook up something!

I do remember now that someone suggested a Panic+ tactic to me earlier too, I forgot about that until now. lol oops.

@Jave Honestly didn't expect Nowi to ORKO the Blue Mage. That was big.

@Tybrosion Wow, really? Delthea can do this too, huh. I guess she does have big stats with her tome.

@Nanima Damn birds are ridiculous lol.

@eclipse Wow, you really love Leon, huh?

@kirauza343 Celica is always love. And life. Unfortunately I couldn't spare orbs for the weekly banner...

@mampfoid The father vs son duel was cool, but maybe Eliwood wasn't expecting a Brave Sword lol. I'm impressed Roy managed to EP the axe cav with a Brave Sword, though. That boi tanky.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @LordFrigid @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Managed to figure something out that isn't just DPS triple dancer, though I ended up having to use two anyway. And a Blade tome (but if I had the Dark Aura refine or if I had Bride Ninian I might not have needed the Blade tome). This took me quite a while in the end, but it was so satisfying as the map started to wind down.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@mampfoid GF strats are absolutely incredible here. No need to deal with unholy levels of buffed enemies when you can just destroy them before they can even move. Nice touch taking out Eliwood with his son! 

@Jave That was awesome! S!Veronica just nuked everyone to death while Nowi took care of a few problematic units. Having 3 fliers offers a lot of flexibility to take this map on but the most impressive part was seeing Veronica deal so much damage without the need of a Blade tome, that's crazy!

@kirauza343 Wow, Celica makes this map look like child's play. She and Airzura just breeze through every foe as if they were made of paper. Really awesome stuff! 

@SatsumaFSoysoy That MM Build is very similar to Eirika's old build, and rightly so. DC+Wrath+Atk Smoke+FB seal is too awesome of a combo to pass up. It was pretty impressive how "Marth" and Linde were able to withstand the mega buffed onslaught at the start but when Eliwood went down the map just crumbled to pieces against M!Marth's might. Awesome clear!

- - - - - - - 

Man, this one was painful. I tried to go with the usual setting which worked up until Infernal but in Abyssal Eirika got slaughtered by the TA cav, and after changing Wrath for CA I faced the issue that Eliwood ORKO'd her with his huge AoE dmg+disgustingly high Atk. I tried to go with other strategies like creating chokepoints and the like but, as always, those kinds of strats tend to leave my cheerleaders vulnerable and we can't have them taking a single hit now, can we? So I had to make a sacrifice for the sake of this clear...It pains me because it was my only copy of that unit but just like what happened with V!Lilina I'll just have to get another one during a Legendary/Mythic banner or the re-run next year.

But you're not here to read my ramblings, so without further ado here's Eirika's solo against this BS map.

@Alexmender I ended up picking MMarth over Eirika for my first (and only, atm) DC Red since I figured free healing + Wrath was a great combo, especially since Wrath procs before Renewal heals. Dragonslaying is great too. Though, for this one I opted for Sealed Falchion to open up possibilities. Of course, Eirika reaches greater heights in total stats and bulk with Sieglinde. Both "Marth" and Eirika are good girls, though! I have spare DC sitting here, and depending on how things I go with CYL3 and such, I might hand it to Eirika...

Cancel Affinity was a good pick here. I'm most envious of that Pulse Smoke, though... While doing my own clear, I thought multiple times to myself how I wished I had Pulse Smoke, since it would make a lot of the combat easier, especially with Eliwood and the starting archer. Glad to see it in action! Pent and Louise will understand...

I managed to clear abyssal just there, I used Zelgius to tank the western side of the map at the breakable block, most of the enemies wandered over to that side with just a few slipping into the eastern path.