Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

I finally beat Abyssal as well! It took some time and some skill inheritance, but I was able to do it, as well the others Abyssal maps in this Legendary/Mythic Heroes group.

I am very proud of Nowi, in all the maps!

All my Abyssal Maps:

Spoiler

Robin: Fell Vessel - https://youtu.be/TjForfCIEPs
Ryoma: Supreme Samurai - https://youtu.be/VI84y69Ij2E
Lucina: Glorious Archer - https://youtu.be/j3gQzeD0sWQ
Yune: Chaos Goddess - https://youtu.be/G29eiwNEO_w
Eliwood: Blazing Knight - https://youtu.be/qvFwLzQchmo

@DarkAlf @Landmaster @daisy jane @mampfoid @Maaka @Alkaid @Mau @Azuris @Astellius

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I finally beat Abyssal as well! It took some time and some skill inheritance, but I was able to do it, as well the others Abyssal maps in this Legendary/Mythic Heroes group

Hey, it's not even light/water season! Best clear ever, just because of the triple smite setup. 

Great way to take out Eliwood fast, afterwards Nowi shows her tankyness again. 

Eliwood's map is apparently nuts.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units.

Lunatic cleared with BKhrom, Reinhardt, Gronnwen and B!Lyn. That quick offence made the difference, Eliwood and three others being taken out at once flipped the map in my favour very quickly.

I didn't get to countering Infernal. Maybe I should stack HP on Aversa next time, Duma to reduce HP and a Pain + SB combo could help.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, DLNarshen said:

@Landmaster First off, I approve the music choice. 👍

Very clever use of links and AI manipulation!  Cynthia getting the last kill after playing support the entire battle was the highlight for me. x)  Delthea is going to be an bigger force to be reckoned with next update when she's added to the Grail shop.

Julius's theme is gr8!

I tried really hard to get her a kill, glad she was able to finish it off~ Yeah, can't wait for the update!

On 7/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

I wasn’t expecting Elise to crush Eliwood so handily, even with Gronnwolf. Clever positioning, getting the manaketes to play ring-around-the-lava with you at the end. Nice job!

I didn't either really, she surprised me, too, haha, thank you!~

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I finally beat Abyssal as well! It took some time and some skill inheritance, but I was able to do it, as well the others Abyssal maps in this Legendary/Mythic Heroes group.

I am very proud of Nowi, in all the maps!

All my Abyssal Maps:

Reveal hidden contents

Robin: Fell Vessel - https://youtu.be/TjForfCIEPs
Ryoma: Supreme Samurai - https://youtu.be/VI84y69Ij2E
Lucina: Glorious Archer - https://youtu.be/j3gQzeD0sWQ
Yune: Chaos Goddess - https://youtu.be/G29eiwNEO_w
Eliwood: Blazing Knight - https://youtu.be/qvFwLzQchmo

Oooooh, unironically using double Eirs and Smite outside of AR~ Worked really well, Nowi's able to pretty much tank everything while the Eirs get in some sniping on the side~ Well done!

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Oooooh, unironically using double Eirs and Smite outside of AR~ Worked really well, Nowi's able to pretty much tank everything while the Eirs get in some sniping on the side~ Well done!

Thanks Landy!

Yep, AR strats working pretty well outside AR! Since Eliwood was the main threat in that map, I needed to find a way to defeat him as quick as possible.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I was lucky it worked immediately. There wasn't much optimization potential on Roy. Perhaps Support by Verlouria. 

Beautiful beaming/repo combo in the beginning, to bring your team together in the left corner. Good idea using the terrain the stall Eliwoods hordes a little. 

Nice DC/Wrath Martha, I should give mine some premium fodder as well. Might switch to the bond refinement for reinforcement maps, I like how many kills your Martha gets. 

No Dark Aura refine planned? Blárblade worked pretty well tough, i.e. one-shotting boss-Eliwood. I tried once to kill the sword infantry guy with my +ATK summer Laegjarn, but failed miserably, so already Linde's start was impressive. 

Or Zanbato

DC Wrath MMarth has made my life in PvE a lot easier. I don't regret it one bit.

I kinda want to keep Dark Aura refine as something for Delthea and not Linde, but I don't actually have a Delthea. If I never get one and have Dew to spare, someday Linde will have Dark Aura.

Blarblade is actually mildly overkill on the combat Linde engaged in iirc, and as long as the Aura/Dark Aura effect is procing she can ORKO them anyway.

@Landmaster Nice clear yourself. Gronnwolf Elise was quite the surprise.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Wow okay. Bonus Doubler on armors is busted, as I thought. Damn Hardin.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Late response time! Been away so finally had time to watch and also record stuff (one of the clears was so last minute the map ended but I kept restarting the map until I could finish the clear lol)

But first, comments!

@SatsumaFSoysoy So jealous that you have Skylivia! Love to see Linde putting in work, her damage output is superb and it's always nice to see launch units succeed (though her low health made me nervous). M!Marth's DC really puts in work for you.

@mampfoid Roy being rebellious! Brave Roy being brave and using a Brave Sword against his father made me lol. I wish I had a Velouria

@Alexmender Ohw wow, great choice of the Dragon's Gate music- I didn't even think of that! As a f2p collector, it always saddens me to see units that you only have one of to be foddered but it worked for you so the sacrifice wasn't in vain. Hope you get another Pent in the rerun! Great use of choking the point on the left side, too! CA really helped out as well, I've heard a lot of people having trouble with that lancer.

@Jave Oooh a Spring Veronica. I don't see her a lot so nice to see her in action. Really helps to have fliers in this map. Nowi sure held on at the start, amazing how she is still such a great unit after all this time.

@Ginko Oooh Tsurune music! Nice use of AI manipulation, I was cackling when Eliwood and the other red unit was in sight of Shiro on the right. I've been thinking of giving a spare Bucket to Kaze to set him apart from Felicia- do you not like Barb Shuriken on him? Healing Shiro tanking is always a great sight, his stat looks great with those flowers.

@Nanima Reyson sure dished out the damage against the Sapphire Lance cav (Triangle Advantage is great and he has that over Leanne). Who cares about lava when you have bird laguz? Also helps it's such a well-balanced team in colour coverage.

@Diovani Bressan Oh wow, really impressed with the double Eir outside AR! Nowi sure made short work of poor Eliwood! She just walked straight up the top of the map like nothing!

@NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @daisy jane @Anacybele @MrSmokestack @Azuris @Usana @Zeo

So everyone getting Bonus Doubler was pretty annoying. Having a flier really helps, although after getting a last minute L!Eliwood I wanted to try something with my Summoner support and buff him up. Because this was so last minute I ended up loading the map minutes before the map disappeared and just kept pressing restart until I finally solved it lol.

I dub this team, Team Harmony.

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, +Res/-HP Legendary Eliwood, +Spd/-Atk Ninian and +Atk/-Res Brave Ike.

Music is Will Power from Persona 5

All characters who believe in bridging the gap between two sides in harmony (Eliwood and Ninian bridge the human/dragon gap, Ike bridges the gap between laguz and beorc and Silas is always available no matter which side you pick in Fates and his best friend turns out to be a dragon)

-L!Eliwood was key here, with his Bonus Double support. Silas and B!Ike both had the same attack, and Silas relied of Brazen stacking while B!Ike's Urvan was key to his tankiness while Beorc's Blessing was useful in ignoring the cav buffs. Eliwood also need the Atk+3 to prevent Chill Atk from affecting his team (mostly). The Gronnwolf mage was really bad for my team so Eliwood needed to snipe him quickly, but he needed his teammates (now buffed) to be hit with Chill Atk before he can KO the mage, otherwise Eliwood misses the kill by 1 shot (this was achieved by Eliwood rallying Ninian then Ninian dancing Eliwood away).

-Berkut's Lance Silas was a real wall, especially against the dragons that threatened B!Ike. The green archer was the other main boss that threatened my team, especially Silas (darn colour advantage!) but thanks to LOTS of trial and error in making chokepoints and Eliwood's support, Silas tanked Astra once like a champ.

-B!Ike was the other wall, Steady Breath + Urvan + Aether is a really great combination. Atk Smoke was also useful in keeping the mass of enemies weakened as he walled things with Silas. Again, lots of trial and error involved, and figuring out when to attack enemies or not (since some specials may be charged unnecessarily), and when not to kill units (for example not having Drive Atk so an enemy has 2 HP left so the healer would prioritise healing instead of attacking).

-Ninian was the perfect partner for Eliwood, especially to activate Vision of Arcadia. Her native Escape Route was also a key move, she had just enough speed to survive the archer which put her in the threshold.

But yeah really proud of this, especially since I managed to do it without fliers!

-----

Finally here is an earlier clear, also trying out a newly summoned unit from the legendary banner, starring Yune!

Team is +Res/-Spd Yune, +Spd/-Def +Atk +1 Ophelia and +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura.

Music is Desire Below (Flow) from Fire Emblem Fates. (Wow this track really fits Yune, it's chaotic but also has mysterious parts)

-So yeah, star squad of GF Siegbert and Ophelia strikes again with L!Azura, but this time Yune also takes the stage to importantly deal with those mages. Having +Res was really lucky, and with QR, she could fire off some scary Glacies bombs. Flying movement also helps, as the lava tiles really limited movement.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So everyone getting Bonus Doubler was pretty annoying. Having a flier really helps, although after getting a last minute L!Eliwood I wanted to try something with my Summoner support and buff him up. Because this was so last minute I ended up loading the map minutes before the map disappeared and just kept pressing restart until I finally solved it lol.

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, +Res/-HP Legendary Eliwood, +Spd/-Atk Ninian and +Atk/-Res Brave Ike.

All characters who believe in bridging the gap between two sides in harmony (Eliwood and Ninian bridge the human/dragon gap, Ike bridges the gap between laguz and beorc and Silas is always available no matter which side you pick in Fates and his best friend turns out to be a dragon)

-L!Eliwood was key here, with his Bonus Double support. Silas and B!Ike both had the same attack, and Silas relied of Brazen stacking while B!Ike's Urvan was key to his tankiness while Beorc's Blessing was useful in ignoring the cav buffs. Eliwood also need the Atk+3 to prevent Chill Atk from affecting his team (mostly). The Gronnwolf mage was really bad for my team so Eliwood needed to snipe him quickly, but he needed his teammates (now buffed) to be hit with Chill Atk before he can KO the mage, otherwise Eliwood misses the kill by 1 shot (this was achieved by Eliwood rallying Ninian then Ninian dancing Eliwood away).

-Berkut's Lance Silas was a real wall, especially against the dragons that threatened B!Ike. The green archer was the other main boss that threatened my team, especially Silas (darn colour advantage!) but thanks to LOTS of trial and error in making chokepoints and Eliwood's support, Silas tanked Astra once like a champ.

-B!Ike was the other wall, Steady Breath + Urvan + Aether is a really great combination. Atk Smoke was also useful in keeping the mass of enemies weakened as he walled things with Silas. Again, lots of trial and error involved, and figuring out when to attack enemies or not (since some specials may be charged unnecessarily), and when not to kill units (for example not having Drive Atk so an enemy has 2 HP left so the healer would prioritise healing instead of attacking).

-Ninian was the perfect partner for Eliwood, especially to activate Vision of Arcadia. Her native Escape Route was also a key move, she had just enough speed to survive the archer which put her in the threshold.

But yeah really proud of this, especially since I managed to do it without fliers!

Brave Ike and Silas! ^^ Two of my favorite units! My Silas is +8 and my Brave Ike is +3. But yours are something else to be able to tackle this map. I'm surprised your Silas doesn't have more merges than he does though, considering you seem to be as big a fan of him as I am. 😛 But now I really wanna find ways to use my own Brave Ike and Silas in more infernal/abyssal maps!

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Not getting the bridge theme, but very cool clear. 

What are orange fav icons for? I use them for neutral units. 

How to even out bonus doubler? With your own bonus doubler! 

Ike and Silas can show their blocking abilities. Haha, what a traffic jam! Nice how most ranged units move in your favor. 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Finally here is an earlier clear, also trying out a newly summoned unit from the legendary banner, starring Yune!

Yune's and Ophelia's tome animations fit very well together (apart from all the killing they do, haha). GF is never a bad idea, nice! 

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Reyson sure dished out the damage against the Sapphire Lance cav (Triangle Advantage is great and he has that over Leanne). Who cares about lava when you have bird laguz? Also helps it's such a well-balanced team in colour coverage.

Triangle Advantage does help, but he is pobably frustrated about his disadvantage against reds. That just means I need to give him more power in the future though. haha Yep, a lot of these maps can be made so much easier when using fliers. I will always be thankful for Intsys making the Bird Tribe match up so well colour-wise.

These guys have a good colour spread as well! Great to see Brave!Ike here, I really do miss his heydays. It was so impressive to see both him and Silas stall down the enemies for so long. Taking them out bit by bit until nothing was left. It was a really great firework show. Congrats!

Ahh, it really does feel like everyone but me has Yune now. It was my own fault for wasting my orbs before this banner, but it does still sting. As expected, she and Ophelia really nuked the place to the ground. It's amazing how much destructive power they have. Siegbert also showed his continued relevance as a cavalry sword. Azura keeps the whole party playing as expected. Some really great pyrotechnics at play today. Well done!

Whew, I'm late to this one but this time it was on purpose because I wanted to answer to everyone in one go.

@Landmaster Clearing Abyssal without a dancer is super impressive! Those links really came in handy at times, and using Elise to tank the blue cav was very clever, not to mention how she easily dispatched of Eliwood with that wolf tome. It was nice when you started playing with the AI so your team only had to face the dragons you wanted instead of getting bombarded by enemies from both sides of the map. With all that being said, your Nah is really awesome! Tanking and power combined into one is a winner combo! 

Thanks! So you also used CA here (during Infernal, of course)? It is quite niche but it can really come in handy when annoyances with Gem weapons or TA appear.

@mampfoid Thanks! I wish he was, Pent's nature wasn't all that great (it was +Def -Hp/Res) but it wasn't bad either. Sometimes we need to make hard choices in order to make the most out of our favorites... 

I welcomed the challenge even if it got annoying fast. After all I wouldn't be happy if every map was just on Naga's level, that one was just a rolfstomp and while I like to show that Eirika can reach monstrous levels of stats it's fun to have to get a little creative at times. I just hope IS doesn't give the next big hero a Dull everything skill, that'd suck haha. 

@mcsilas Thanks! I wanted to save the music for an eventual Nergal battle but this map was too extreme to not use it. Guess it won't be a surprise if I recycle the music when/if the Nergal battle happens. I'm not that much of a collector but it hurts when I have to sacrifice characters I like, hopefully Pent will come back easily soon. 

Wow! Team Harmony is really something else! I love how B!Ike and Silas just shrugged off all the enemie's advances, and it gets crazier when you left L!Eliwood alive for so long! Tanking enemies buffed by Bonus doubler is no small feat but you pulled it off. Silas taking 0 dmg from basically everything is nuts! 

Yune was certainly the MVP for the second clear, she just nuked every mage and dragon into oblivion and only needed a little help from Siegbert/Ophelia against the cavs and archers that were a little too bulky to die in one hit. Just like in the first clear you showed the prowress of your team by leaving Eliwood alive until the very end of the map, making it that you had to fight a ton of enemies at full power, impressive stuff! 

After all this time you guys still tag me for this stuff. It's a nice feeling, not being forgotten. I haven't been watching the clears I must admit, or even playing this game, but I watched some of these. Pretty nostalgic I gotta say.

@Ginko Your team has changed since the last time I saw it! It's a shame after all this time your Shiro hasn't reached that +10 yet, but he still puts in the work. I got nervous when you left Kaze in range of the healer with just 1 HP. But I knew he would have had to take 0 for the clear to work. Still you were in a bit of a pickle the turn after, there was only one way out of that situation but you figured it out. 

@mampfoid I.... don't remember you having sound in these videos. So that was a nice surprise. Seeing your Brave Roy and Cordelia at +10 does my heart good. I remember what the struggle was like for you to pull copies of her. This clear was a mampfoid classic. Completely seemless with a "just enough to kill" finisher at the end with the 41x2 damage from Roy. Roy vs Eliwood was the cherry on top though. Seeing Eliwood finally with not only some stellar art but the same artist as Brave Roy just makes the fight that much more perfect. 

@Nanima I stopped playing shortly after Beast units were introduced, so a clear like this is new to me. A clear it was though. Seeing your birds, all with perma-3 MOV dance around the field effortlessly was a spectacle to behold. 2 of those birds being dancers only made it even more unfair. At no point did I feel any sense of danger for your units, even when they were at one point or another clearly in range of a unit that could deal huge damage to them. It reflects not only the dominance of the Laguz Royal units, reminiscent of FE10, but also a taste of just how dangerous they are when used together. 

@Hilda All this time and you're still doing the Askr clears. It's funny how much easier content clearing has probably become with these 3 just because of how many more OP skills have been added to the game. This one hit me in the nostalgic gut even more so though because you used the same song that you used in the very first clear of yours that I ever watched (which was Valter).

@kirauza343 OP Celica is something I was already aware of. Still, clearing an Abyssal LHB is no small feat and she trivialized it. Going straight for Eliwood as soon as the map started was ballsy, but you made it work. It's one of those strategies you don't think is gonna work so you don't bother trying and when you've hit a wall you just go for it and are surprised at the results. What really saved you was the trenches blocking the blue mage cav from shocking Azura into oblivion. I didn't clear Abyssal myself, so double points there.

@eclipse Hey! You're doing clears now! I always wondered if you'd come around, forgive me if you done a few before, I don't recall seeing them. You also got Leon to +10. Knew you would eventually. And he's quite the force of nature here. Sure, 3 dancer clears are common, but a physical damage unit at the helm is a bit more impressive!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I don't think I've ever seen a clear like this from you. Usually your clears are relativiely short and feature Kagero. This was a far longer, epic cinematic clear reminiscent of the kind of clears me and mcsilas do. That's pretty cool to see too though. Lucina is loved, but Masked Marth is a unit I never saw juiced the way she is here. Seeing you whittle down the map little by little while surviving gives me the exact same feeling a clear like the Matthew ones does. I don't really think much more needs to be said. Most impressive.

@Alexmender I don't remember very many struggles for your Eirika after a certain point, here was no different. It was simply a battle of attrition. A bit of strategy and manuvering while Eirika slowly slaughtered Eliwoods entire army. Though I know the key to victory was snuffing out Eliwood's instant proc with a skill I've literally never seen before. Pulse Smoke man... what the heck. Just how many more skills have been added to the game in the past 6 months?

@Landmaster If I could describe this clear it would be...playful. I don't know, despite the danger your units were in throughout the battle it never felt like there was any real danger. It felt like a game to me. Your units were dancing around the enemy picking them off one by one and meeting up in different parts of the map. Maybe because of the characters themselves but it was interesting. Nonetheless impressive as the clear was very intricate.

@mcsilas Unbelievable. Why maneuver around the map when you can just stay in one spot and just wall literally the entire enemy army. Silas and B!Ike acting as pillars for your team smashing against the enemy with no healing (besides B!Ike's Aether) was crazy. Eliwood spent most of the map as a buff bot but his absence from most of the combat meant the two of them had to basically fight the entire team alone. The strategic choices you made to not attack on certain turns in turn prevented key WTD moments that would have iced the clear was something I noticed as well! My favorite clear of this map probably. I don't know what you're doing, but you need to +10 that Silas and he needs DC+Aether. It's been half a year, I know you've got the resources! (Also the nukefest that was your 2nd clear was nice too. Really makes me want Yune).

Yeah so... it's been 6 months huh. Kinda thought more time would have passed before I came back year, but to be honest I wasn't expecting Matthew to get a refine almost ever. So I decided to do a clear in celebration of that. So here we are, long time no see guys. A lot has changed. I've got a job now, time is a lot scarcer but I still wanted to do this and so I did. I didn't have to do any real swapping, I pumped Dragonflowers into Matt and went at it. 

There's a big irony in that most of you had to use the left side to beat the map but I couldn't and ended up using the right. After a few losses on the left resulting in the switch, it ended up being pretty easy to the point that I virtually forgot that Eliwood had the Bonus Doubler buff on his troops. Wish there was more to say but if you've missed Matt & Co. doing what they do, here's your chance. It's good to see you guys again.

I'm honestly disappointed. The team probably could have handled Abyssal, I wanted to do a Morgan team clear (even had the theme ready) and I danced around the idea of an FE7 special clear, but time was kind of lacking as it was the 4th of July and honestly I just don't have the patience for this like I used to (I did try a couple of times with Morgan, but not super hard). If I'm around when this map rolls around again I'll give it another try.

I think I'm going to call any clears going forward "Legacy" clears. As I'm done with the "series" of clears for my teams, any couple I may do going forward will just be little treats when/if I have the time. I hope you guys enjoy seeing ol' Matt again after all this time. I'm 100% sure I'll be doing another clear when he gets his new weapon, whatever it does.

Someone merge this into my previous post. Probably @eclipse I just forgot some tags is all.

@Johann @Usana @Hawk King @Astellius @LordFrigid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @NegativeExponents- @Alkaid @Tybrosion @Poimagic @Azuris @ruruo @daisy jane

Just scroll up guys.

@mampfoid  @Jave Nice clears everyone.

Gave Abyssal difficulty a try to get that golden headpiece but I couldn't figure out how to deal with those mega buffed enemies and Eliwood kept hiding in the back like a coward. Didn't think about until after the event ended to try panic and dull strategies but I might try again next time L!Eliwood shows up.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh Tsurune music! Nice use of AI manipulation, I was cackling when Eliwood and the other red unit was in sight of Shiro on the right. I've been thinking of giving a spare Bucket to Kaze to set him apart from Felicia- do you not like Barb Shuriken on him? Healing Shiro tanking is always a great sight, his stat looks great with those flowers.

Right? final episode soundtrack from Tsurune is the best !!

Of course, I like Barb Shuriken on Kaze. Like in this map, I switch back to Barb Shuriken because he can't finish that blue mage in 1 turn with Bucket. If you remember, I already showase Bucket Kaze on Duma's map. He can sweep entire mages and dragons on that map.

To be honest, I'm starting to get bored with Shiro's default weapon. He need special refine with his come back banner so I can finally +10 him lol

For your clears, double walls with Brave Ike and Silas is so brilliant!! With right positioning and AI manipulation make them survive. Still worth watching even it is 9 minutes long.

Good work on 2nd clear too. Yune with her Glacies just beat everything in her range. Ophelia never disappoint as top tier blue mage. If you have spare Eir you may fodder Mystic Boost on Yune instead of that redundant Sabotage Res. Now dragons are useless on her as they can't take her down with that enormous Res.

@Zeo Hey! welcome back. Glad to see your die hard Matthew again lol. He even swallow that Blazing Flame from Eliwood and survive ! I can't find any words to describe for that whole thing.

I think I can wait for Shiro special refine banner to +10 him once for all as I'm tired to go for random blue orbs. Colorless is more hopeful as I want to +10 Kaze.

As you can see, since I can't merge them all, I always look for any improvement with skill inheritance. Fury 4 put Kaze's Res at peak with offensive capability, there is nothing much can evade his deadly Def Ploy. Then Fury 4 proc Desperation and Brazen Atk/Res to enchance his Iceberg to be more deadly. Also Swift Sparrow 5 (2+3) on Siegbert never fail his follow up and powerful on each slash, only Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter will stop him.

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

After all this time you guys still tag me for this stuff. It's a nice feeling, not being forgotten. I haven't been watching the clears I must admit, or even playing this game, but I watched some of these. Pretty nostalgic I gotta say.

Not forgotten, of course! Welcome back, good to have you (and Matthew) around again!!

I really enjoyed seeing Matthew clear a modern map after all those months. I was missing TA2 on Inigo for big legacy feelings. Matthew is as tanky as ever, hard to resist. Even if Genny got the boss kill, Eliwood knew who he lost against. 

Great show! 

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

I.... don't remember you having sound in these videos. So that was a nice surprise. Seeing your Brave Roy and Cordelia at +10 does my heart good. I remember what the struggle was like for you to pull copies of her. This clear was a mampfoid classic. Completely seemless with a "just enough to kill" finisher at the end with the 41x2 damage from Roy. Roy vs Eliwood was the cherry on top though. Seeing Eliwood finally with not only some stellar art but the same artist as Brave Roy just makes the fight that much more perfect

Yeah, one day I switched to do recordings on my PC for this reason. 

Pulling Cordelias is not finished, so many units need GF. 😉 Finishing Roy was a great accomplishment for me (only unit with flowers so far), his CYL hero fest banner was too good to pass on. 

Yeah, I really like Eliwoods art, hope to get him one day. Glad you liked the clear! 

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Nice clears everyone.

Thanks! 

Good luck with Abyssal next time!

@mampfoid Orange is for Atk boon units for me. I colour-coded them with their assets before the asset/flaw update.

@Alexmender Yeah sadly since I didn't really have ranged units for Team Harmony, I just couldn't reach Eliwood in time before the bonus doubler kicked in. I think my new favourite tactic now will be Double Brazen Def (or Res) + Atk Smoke, it feels satisfying to tank hits. 

@Zeo Welcome back (momentarily) 😛

To be honest I wasn't sure if I should be tagging you (and kinda stopped since I didn't want to spam notifications) but I was just so proud of the Silas/Ike clear that I just had to. It's interesting how B!Ike relied on healing with fast Aethers while Silas wanted to be damaged (but not too much) for the Brazens to take effect. And yeah it was so annoying with the enemies rallying each other instead of attacking but through sheer trial and error I eventually found a way to use that to block certain units from advancing too fast.

As for DC well believe me I tried to get Hector in the rerun but sadly left with no 5 stars at all and no more story orbs 😞. Could've grinded in CCs but just had no time because work...also congrats on getting a job! I don't think my Silas would be the best DC user anyway since he still gets doubled a lot, even with the Res boost. Guard lance when? But yeah I guess it's me but I'm not really planning on merging units, it feels more satisfying to beat maps with minimal merges, and Silas has good fodder, too (though I haven't yet either). 

As for the legacy clears, wow watching it just made me feel nostalgic, especially with the music. Kind of a shame that Matthew's refine isn't quite up to your standard but I guess it still would be nice to see you try it out one day. Still, nice use of the right side of the map, I can't get enough of Matthew's fast Aethers (that Flashing Blade was a real game changer). But yeah time is precious these days so just do what you enjoy whenever you feel like it so it's not a chore, replying properly does take time haha

@Anacybele I'm more of a collector than a merger (some units have too good fodder) so I don't really do +10s. I only the first merge to remove the bane mostly, but also to prove that sometimes maps can be cleared without merge stats, it feels more satisfying that way. Good luck on your projects though! Having good team support for your units really helps.

@Ginko Oh oops, I was sleepy writing that and mistook his head bucket for his weapon! His Res was still amazing either way.

Yeah it's a shame Shiro's lance keeps getting powercrept, but it's the only Naginata in the game so I just kept it haha. I'll have to hope for random Eirs while going for L!Alm then for Mystic Boost!

@Landmaster Speaking of sleepy oopsie posts, sorry I missed your clear! Love the music choice, and it really fits with Delthea's Death tome! Nah is also a beast, congrats on nabbing her. You were the Linkmaster in this video, seeing Cynthia use is fun, and using Elise to tank a melee units made me do a double take. And there was no dancer, so big props! Had to giggle a bit with how the dragons were the last ones standing.

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I'm more of a collector than a merger (some units have too good fodder) so I don't really do +10s. I only the first merge to remove the bane mostly, but also to prove that sometimes maps can be cleared without merge stats, it feels more satisfying that way. Good luck on your projects though! Having good team support for your units really helps.

Ah, I see. That's fair. Thanks though. 🙂

On 7/6/2019 at 9:04 AM, mcsilas said:

-----

Team is +Res/-Spd Yune, +Spd/-Def +Atk +1 Ophelia and +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura.

Music is Desire Below (Flow) from Fire Emblem Fates. (Wow this track really fits Yune, it's chaotic but also has mysterious parts)

-So yeah, star squad of GF Siegbert and Ophelia strikes again with L!Azura, but this time Yune also takes the stage to importantly deal with those mages. Having +Res was really lucky, and with QR, she could fire off some scary Glacies bombs. Flying movement also helps, as the lava tiles really limited movement.

Nice with the Bonus Doubler strats on Ike and Silas! The chokepoint strategy with those two is insane. Atk Smoke makes them pretty much immune to any type of damage, even if they can’t counterattack back against some of the foes. It is a hard fought battle, but they’re able to overcome it with their teamwork. I really liked Silas getting his “You’re not getting past me” line against Eliwood since he came right in-between him and Ike who would have been in a lot of trouble without him~ Also nice that your own Eliwood got to get in some kills too and wasn’t just a supper bot~

Nice to see Yune’s Offensive potency, really aggressive plays with her despite how much damage she was taking really allowed her to shine~ Your positioning of Siegbert and Ophelia upfront was also great to clear that left side. Coming off of the previous clear, this one was so Player Phase that it seed a little too easy for your team, they got through this with no issues at all~ Really awesome work!

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Speaking of sleepy oopsie posts, sorry I missed your clear! Love the music choice, and it really fits with Delthea's Death tome! Nah is also a beast, congrats on nabbing her. You were the Linkmaster in this video, seeing Cynthia use is fun, and using Elise to tank a melee units made me do a double take. And there was no dancer, so big props! Had to giggle a bit with how the dragons were the last ones standing.

Haha, no worries, will teach me to wait so long to post. Thanks, glad you enjoyed! I was happy Nah did so well on her first Abyssal battle, and Cynthia as well since she was a spur of the moment decision~ Haha, luckily Elise had a bit of a buff and was against a Sapphire Lance so she was a little effective at tanking here XD

On 7/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Clearing Abyssal without a dancer is super impressive! Those links really came in handy at times, and using Elise to tank the blue cav was very clever, not to mention how she easily dispatched of Eliwood with that wolf tome. It was nice when you started playing with the AI so your team only had to face the dragons you wanted instead of getting bombarded by enemies from both sides of the map. With all that being said, your Nah is really awesome! Tanking and power combined into one is a winner combo! 

Thanks! So you also used CA here (during Infernal, of course)? It is quite niche but it can really come in handy when annoyances with Gem weapons or TA appear.

Thanks and yeah, really had to get those Dragons to separate near the end~ Glad you enjoyed Nah! She impressed me, too~ I can fully say DC Oracle's Breath > LB with Bonus Doubler~

Yep, for Infernal Nah was able to pull off the CA to survive the Lance Cav but we had to change it up a bit for Abyssal~ Really is nice when it can come in handy such as for Eirika~

On 7/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster If I could describe this clear it would be...playful. I don't know, despite the danger your units were in throughout the battle it never felt like there was any real danger. It felt like a game to me. Your units were dancing around the enemy picking them off one by one and meeting up in different parts of the map. Maybe because of the characters themselves but it was interesting. Nonetheless impressive as the clear was very intricate.

Yeah so... it's been 6 months huh. Kinda thought more time would have passed before I came back year, but to be honest I wasn't expecting Matthew to get a refine almost ever. So I decided to do a clear in celebration of that. So here we are, long time no see guys. A lot has changed. I've got a job now, time is a lot scarcer but I still wanted to do this and so I did. I didn't have to do any real swapping, I pumped Dragonflowers into Matt and went at it. 

There's a big irony in that most of you had to use the left side to beat the map but I couldn't and ended up using the right. After a few losses on the left resulting in the switch, it ended up being pretty easy to the point that I virtually forgot that Eliwood had the Bonus Doubler buff on his troops. Wish there was more to say but if you've missed Matt & Co. doing what they do, here's your chance. It's good to see you guys again.

I'm honestly disappointed. The team probably could have handled Abyssal, I wanted to do a Morgan team clear (even had the theme ready) and I danced around the idea of an FE7 special clear, but time was kind of lacking as it was the 4th of July and honestly I just don't have the patience for this like I used to (I did try a couple of times with Morgan, but not super hard). If I'm around when this map rolls around again I'll give it another try.

I think I'm going to call any clears going forward "Legacy" clears. As I'm done with the "series" of clears for my teams, any couple I may do going forward will just be little treats when/if I have the time. I hope you guys enjoy seeing ol' Matt again after all this time. I'm 100% sure I'll be doing another clear when he gets his new weapon, whatever it does.

Thanks, and that's quite the compliment! It does seem to fit the characters themselves, too~ 

Sorry for the late reply, Summer job makes me so backed up on Clears but had been waiting to watch Matthew and the gang since I got the notif. Just like old times, Matthew leads the charge but even more fulfilling is he takes on the whole map on his own like he’s done before with his friends’ support by his side. While he can’t hold them all off forever, Ayra is able to hold her own against the Blue Manakete until Matthew comes to her rescue. A great way to see the team back together again! Will always look forward to them whenever we get a chance to see them~

On 7/7/2019 at 4:14 AM, Zeo said:

After all this time you guys still tag me for this stuff. It's a nice feeling, not being forgotten.

Sorry, I kinda stopped, since I wasn't sure you still wanted to be spammed. haha

I stopped playing shortly after Beast units were introduced, so a clear like this is new to me. A clear it was though. Seeing your birds, all with perma-3 MOV dance around the field effortlessly was a spectacle to behold. 2 of those birds being dancers only made it even more unfair. At no point did I feel any sense of danger for your units, even when they were at one point or another clearly in range of a unit that could deal huge damage to them. It reflects not only the dominance of the Laguz Royal units, reminiscent of FE10, but also a taste of just how dangerous they are when used together. 

Yeah the birds are pretty ridiculous. I only bring them out for the toughest challenges, because anything else would be unfair. They do sometimes suffer in limited terrain but are otherwise able to punch through almost everything. I am glad to be able to show them off to you at this point. Thanks for the compliments!

. It's good to see you guys again.

And it's so good to have them back! I had forgotten just how amazing your Matthew is, but it's great to be reminded. Especially as he did most of the map by himself. Really this was just no true challange for him. I saw that you aren't too happy with his refine, but I think it can still have his uses. What's obvious though is that he doesn't really need it to be amazing in these really difficult fights. I was never concerned wether he would make it or not, because you've done a good job making him look powerful and always ahead of the enemies. Congrats!

@mcsilas I do indeed love my MMarth.

BIke and LWood are such good choices on this map. Why deal with Bonus Doubler when you can just cancel the buffs? And then use your own Bonus Doubler to beat the enemies into a pulp?

Was Yune in Heirs of Fates? I can't remember...

@Zeo Woah, welcome back buddy. Kagero didn't seem to be doing me many favours on this map, and yeah, I've gotten some new toys since you left.

Nice to see Matthew still doesn't care about enemy stats, even if they get doubled. Are you going to be using his refine from here on out?

43 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Was Yune in Heirs of Fates? I can't remember...

I just wanted some alliteration. Oh and test out my new Restank, and it happened to be that the rest of my team was from Conquest.

Yeah Beroc's Blessings + Ardent Durandal was an unexpectedly great combo. To be honest I just wanted to test Eliwood's support capabilities on Silas, and I was finding teammates with the same Atk and it so happened B!Ike fit the criteria (and is also a unit I liked and to use more of again). It took me a while but glad it worked out in the end.

@Zeo Welcome back! It's been a while but neither you nor Matt have lost your touch. The map just bent backwards against Matt's extraordinary bulk, the most impressive moment was when he tanked Eliwood's AoE bomb and he wasn't fazed by it. Ending it with a Regnal Astra was certainly the cherry on top. And don't get me started on the music, those two songs were very fitting for the triumphant return of a legend! 

About Eirika and her new skills, Pulse Smoke is very recent with it coming during the bridal banner (so 1 month and a half ago I think having to kill Pent for it still pains me). So far I'd say there hasn't been too many crazy skills since Sturdy Impact/Null C-Disrupt so old stuff is still pretty good. 

• 2 months later...

Two can play at this game.

Better late than never, I suppose. I wasn't able to clear this map on its introduction because there was just too much superbuff bullshit, but having pulled a L!Eliwood of my own, I decided to give the boss a taste of his own medicine so I could even the odds. Despite this it still took me the better part of an hour to figure everything out, mostly due to having to dodge Eliwood's Blazing Flame.