Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid Well, that's a lot more aggressive than I went. I chose to tank the archer after killing the axe cav instead, since Celica wouldn't die. I should've checked the Blue Mage Cav's movement near the top two trenches more carefully; I didn't realize it was that limited in reach.

Screenshot_20190628-033108_Fire_Emblem_H

I got stuck like this... But I guess I'll try the aggro approach.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've been waiting for someone else to post in this thread, but it seems no one will, so I have no choice but to double post.

How the flying FUCK does a +Def, Distant Def, Drive Def 2 buffed RD Ike get easily one-rounded by that fucking archer? That makes no sense AT ALL. This is almost 50 fucking defense that this archer is against. Extremely unfair. If a stupid archer still does a ton of damage even after all that, that's seriously fucked up.

I'm sorry, but...this is just the most pissed off I've ever been at a map in this game.

Every  foe in this map, excluding Eliwood, has the same Atk stat. So, every foe a start to each turn will receive bonus doubler and Atk/Def+6, which will be Atk/Def+12. 

It's not that hard for the enemy to have a lot of attack to take down your 50 F Defense Ike.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Every  foe in this map, excluding Eliwood, has the same Atk stat. So, every foe a start to each turn will receive bonus doubler and Atk/Def+6, which will be Atk/Def+12. 

It's not that hard for the enemy to have a lot of attack to take down your 50 F Defense Ike.

Then that's still fucked up as hell. What the fuck was IS thinking with this bullshit? How am I supposed to get anything to survive at all? I can't just aggro because my party is separated and too far away. So I have no choice but to tank things.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then that's still fucked up as hell. What the fuck was IS thinking with this bullshit? How am I supposed to get anything to survive at all?

Are your trying Infernal or Abyssal? Just to know...

Are your trying Infernal or Abyssal? Just to know...

Infernal.

I've felt that most past LHBs and MHBs were bullshit and should've been easier, but this one is just the most bullshit of all with nearly every unit getting that ridiculous unfair buff.

I do apologize for my complaints, but...yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Infernal.

I've felt that most past LHBs and MHBs were bullshit and should've been easier, but this one is just the most bullshit of all with nearly every unit getting that ridiculous unfair buff.

You need to find a way to take down my enemy main source of buffs: Eliwood.

I defeated him in turn 2, so no more bonus doubler to all foes.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

You need to find a way to take down my enemy main source of buffs: Eliwood.

I defeated him in turn 2, so no more bonus doubler to all foes.

That's not possible. He's always hiding behind all those enemies and reinforcements. There's no way to get to him.

That's not possible. He's always hiding behind all those enemies and reinforcements. There's no way to get to him.

There is always a way, you just need to try harder.

What I did: I baited and defeated the cavalry mage and the sword unit from the right side, Eliwood came for the right side, the I was able to kill him with Nowi equipped with Swordbreaker during player phase.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There is always a way, you just need to try harder.

What I did: I baited and defeated the cavalry mage and the sword unit from the right side, Eliwood came for the right side, the I was able to kill him with Nowi equipped with Swordbreaker during player phase.

Nope. Eliwood buffs everyone turn one, so he doesn't move anywhere then. So on turn two, all the enemies move and then reinforcements appear while Eliwood is still extremely far away no matter what.

I've tried that. Those ridiculous ass buffs Eliwood gives them make them way too strong. I've tried Kaze like someone suggested, but like I said, even with his 42 Res, that blue mage does more damage than he can. I have absolutely nothing that will survive this bullshit and I don't get how anyone else does. My are my units so much weaker?

Edited by Anacybele

Nope. Eliwood buffs everyone turn one, so he doesn't move anywhere then. So on turn two, all the enemies move and then reinforcements appear while Eliwood is still extremely far away no matter what.

I've tried that. Those ridiculous ass buffs Eliwood gives them make them way too strong. I've tried Kaze like someone suggested, but like I said, even with his 42 Res, that blue mage does more damage than he can. I have absolutely nothing that will survive this bullshit.

Of course Eliwood moves in turn 1. He moves to use Rally Spd/Res+ on the unit that will attack your in the right side. If you are able to defeat both cavalry mage and sword unit, you can reach Eliwood.

Also, sometimes you need more than Res and Def to survive... you also need HP and maybe Spd to not be doubled. I used Nowi, which has 34 Res. She gets +4 from her Water Breath+, then her ally support Marth, which has Refined Falchon and Spur Def/Res Atk/Spd, grants her more +7 Res, resulting in 45 Res. Also, she has 61 HP, which helps her to keep effects like Swordbreaker and QR.

The cavalry mage has 52 Atk, which becomes 64 with bonus doubler, and 21 Def, which becomes 33 Def. Unless your Kaze has really good stats, he will not do the job.

This map is totally fair. If you are not able to beat this map using your own strategies, wait for a guide. If you don't want to use a guide, try next time.There is nothing wrong with this map or the others LHB and MHB. Is it challenging? Yes. Is it impossible? No.

For me, this one was easier than Naga's battle.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Of course Eliwood moves in turn 1. He moves to use Rally Spd/Res+ on the unit that will attack your in the right side. If you are able to defeat both cavalry mage and sword unit, you can reach Eliwood.

Also, sometimes you need more than Res and Def to survive... you also need HP and maybe Spd to not be doubled. I used Nowi, which has 34 Res. She gets +4 from her Water Breath+, then her ally support Marth, which has Refined Falchon and Spur Def/Res Atk/Spd, grants her more +7 Res, resulting in 45 Res. Also, she has 61 HP, which helps her to keep effects like Swordbreaker and QR.

The cavalry mage has 52 Atk, which becomes 64 with bonus doubler, and 21 Def, which becomes 33 Def. Unless your Kaze has really good stats, he will not do the job.

This map is totally fair. If you are not able to beat this map using your own strategies, wait for a guide. If you don't want to use a guide, try next time.There is nothing wrong with this map or the others LHB and MHB. Is it challenging? Yes. Is it impossible? No.

For me, this one was easier than Naga's battle.

No, he does not move. He buffs and stays put no matter what I do. I'm not lying. I can't kill the mage and sword unit, they have way too much HP and defenses no matter what I do. I told you this already.

My Nowi doesn't have 34 Res. She has 31. She's not -Res, so yours must be +Res. She also only has 50 HP,  I have no idea where you get 61 from. So that won't work for me at all.

No, this map is not fair. How is Eliwood being able to buff all his allies with +12 fucking Atk and Def in one turn fair? How is a gazillion reinforcements on top of that fair? How is any of this fair? Players can only deploy four units, they're all separated on this map, and the map itself is restricting to non-fliers. Again, how is this fair at all?

I'm sick of using guides. They don't help me find strategies any easier or make me a better player. They just do the work for me. And they don't even always work because my units may not have the same stats and skills and that causes the AI to behave differently.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, he does not move. He buffs and stays put no matter what I do. I'm not lying. I can't kill the mage and sword unit, they have way too much HP and defenses no matter what I do. I told you this already.

My Nowi doesn't have 34 Res. She has 31. She's not -Res, so yours must be +Res. She also only has 50 HP,  I have no idea where you get 61 from. So that won't work for me at all.

No, this map is not fair. How is Eliwood being able to buff all his allies with +12 fucking Atk and Def in one turn fair? How is a gazillion reinforcements on top of that fair? How is any of this fair? Players can only deploy four units, they're all separated on this map, and the map itself is restricting to non-fliers. Again, how is this fair at all?

I'm sick of using guides. They don't help me find strategies any easier or make me a better player. They just do the work for me. And they don't even always work because my units may not have the same stats and skills and that causes the AI to behave differently.

Well, my Nowi has Ally Support and refined weapon, and also some flowers, so that's how she has 34 Res and 61 HP. Also, she is +Def.

And the buffs in all foes isn't unfair. These units was smartly built to make it work. Some of them have Life and Death to increase the Atk, others have Fortress Def to lower the Atk. This is how a player should build a team based on a especific theme. In my Armored Team, I have Winter Eirika, so to make her able to buff all allies I made all my others armored unit have the same Atk stat, by giving them fortress res and Atk+3 seals.

ujAoCWt.png?2

"I'll shall give you death" intensifies
And so Eliwood and his dudes became the latest victims of the creeping Deathea.

Abyssal here required a bit of tinkering, but I felled Infernal and everything else below it on my first attempt for each. Yeah, this one wasn't that challenging compared to previous Abyssal maps.

Well, my Nowi has Ally Support and refined weapon, and also some flowers, so that's how she has 34 Res and 61 HP. Also, she is +Def.

And the buffs in all foes isn't unfair. These units was smartly built to make it work. Some of them have Life and Death to increase the Atk, others have Fortress Def to lower the Atk. This is how a player should build a team based on a especific theme. In my Armored Team, I have Winter Eirika, so to make her able to buff all allies I made all my others armored unit have the same Atk stat, by giving them fortress res and Atk+3 seals.

So does mine, sans the flowers. I never get enough of those to give to many units. Mine is +Atk.

I still disagree and think it is unfair. Unfair for either the AI or a player to be able to make a team THAT ridiculously powerful.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

ujAoCWt.png?2

"I'll shall give you death" intensifies
And so Eliwood and his dudes became the latest victims of the creeping Deathea.

Abyssal here required a bit of tinkering, but I felled Infernal and everything else below it on my first attempt for each. Yeah, this one wasn't that challenging compared to previous Abyssal maps.

how did you build your Deathea?!
(that is awesome)

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I still disagree and think it is unfair. Unfair for either the AI or a player to be able to make a team THAT ridiculously powerful.

Are you saying that a player cannot make a powerful team by using the skills that are unique to that unit because it's unfair? Because if you mean that, you called unfair almost every single Aether Raids player, because this is how AR Defensive Teams work. You create a strategy that uses each unique atribute of your units to make a challenging team.

This is how the game works and plays. We don't use random units and hope the things work. We use units that are able to work together by using their unique skills together. 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how did you build your Deathea?!
(that is awesome)

Her build is rather standard at this point, minus the one premium skill she gained last month:

Merge level: +2; will eventually get her to +10 after I'm done with Haar and then picnic Leo
Death
Draw Back
normally Glimmer, but switched to Luna for Abyssal specifically
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Joint Hone Spd
Brazen Atk/Spd 3 seal

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Her build is rather standard at this point, minus the one premium skill she gained last month:

Merge level: +2; will eventually get her to +10 after I'm done with Haar and then picnic Leo
Death
Draw Back
normally Glimmer, but switched to Luna for Abyssal specifically
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Joint Hone Spd
Brazen Atk/Spd 3 seal

ahh Gunnthra went to a better deathly place. 

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Are you saying that a player cannot make a powerful team by using the skills that are unique to that unit because it's unfair? Because if you mean that, you called unfair almost every single Aether Raids player, because this is how AR Defensive Teams work. You create a strategy that uses each unique atribute of your units to make a challenging team.

This is how the game works and plays. We don't use random units and hope the things work. We use units that are able to work together by using their unique skills together. 

Uh, no, of course I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's not fair to be able to make a team as powerful as what this map specifically did. Not that players shouldn't be able to make a strong team at all, there's a big difference.

Of course this is how the game works, I'm not an idiot. I don't just throw random units into a team and hope things work. I build teams that work off of each other, just like anyone else. But when they never seem to work, like in this case, that's when it isn't fair, like I said.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course this is how the game works, I'm not an idiot. I don't just throw random units into a team and hope things work. I build teams that work off of each other, just like anyone else. But when they never seem to work, like in this case, that's when it isn't fair, like I said.

If your team isn't working, it's not unfair. Maybe your team is not made for this type of map. We need to have many different teams, each one for a different situation. That's why we have more than 1 slot for teams in AR, because each map requires a different team.

Also, my post was incomplete because I pressed Enter, but now it's complete. XD

Edited by Diovani Bressan

If your team isn't working, it's not unfair. Maybe your team is not made for this type of map.

Then none of my teams/units are made for this map, because I've used all of my best ones. Which would make no sense because other people here have used some of the same units.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then none of my teams/units are made for this map, because I've used all of my best ones. Which would make no sense because other people here have used some of the same units.

Please inform me your teams, with each skill available on them and their function in that team.

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ahh Gunnthra went to a better deathly place. 

Yeah, she too was a causality of my blanket "all FEH OCs die" policy. It was nothing personal the previous statement may be a lie

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, she too was a causality of my blanket "all FEH OCs die" policy. It was nothing personal the previous statement may be a lie

I liked that policy. I see that the Askr Trio didn't die because you can't fodder them or send them home.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Please inform me your teams, with each skill available on them and their function in that team.

The only actual specific teams I have are horse and flier ones.

Horse: Hrid, Frederick, Reinhardt, legendary Ephraim

Flier: legendary Ryoma/Kinshi Hinoka (depends on who I need more), flying Nino, Summer Corrin, legendary Azura

I don't use any specific infantry or armor teams because I change them up so much. I do this because I have so many good ones from both. And sometimes I throw some units from these horse and flier teams on other teams too, to see if a mixed movement team with synergizing skills would work better.

As for their function? Uh, what else but to buff each other and kill enemies? And if they're a refresher, they refresh. Nothing else is necessary.