Valorous Legendary Hero Battle: RolaksalfnepwEliwood

SatsumaFSoysoy

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

@DLNarshenI love that Julius. In general I love when i see dedication on non-mainstream chars! That Julius is something else!

Thanks!  I'm the same way - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I sometimes spend way too much time looking through the rankings on AA and AR just to see if I can find some neat builds on less-common characters. 

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Bet we'll see more of your newest +10 couple. 

You bet!  For now I'm in the process of attempting to duo all the GHBs on the weekly rotation.  All the threads are dead so I'm not sure where I'll put them when they're done, but they're coming.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Thanks!  I'm the same way - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I sometimes spend way too much time looking through the rankings on AA and AR just to see if I can find some neat builds on less-common characters.

I do the exact same thing!!!!

I have to say for Teams without Panic or dull/ranged close this map can become a nightmare on Aybssal.

Anyway Theme Team Battle:

Eliwood Abyssal vs Hector, Lyn, Ninian and Karel

Edited by Hilda

And just as I'd feared, Phoenixmaster's solution didn't work for me because my RD Ike is too strong (he's +2 and +Def). 😕 Shame, it worked perfectly up until close to the end, and then the red dragon had to move a different way (towards young Azura instead of Ike). I don't know if I can get around this, even though at that point there are just three enemies left (the dragon, green archer, and sword flier).

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid The boy is all grown up, fighting papa bear now. Also, that exact damage on the axe cavalier though. Yune's Abyssal map needs to stop being annoying.

Here's my Abyssal clear. No Infernal clear this time with the cavalry because of the unfriendly terrain. Managed to pull off a 5 turn clear with some proactive positioning. Sorry Eliwood, but you had to go first.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 6/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, mampfoid said:

Haha, thanks! Bringing Roy was a must, everything to make daddy bite the floor proud. 

You certainly succeeded. haha

On 6/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, mampfoid said:

Best birds at work! Really cool how strong Naesala is getting: Eliwood was practically outclassed. Few merges plus perhaps some premium fodder (Summer Laegjarn!) and he doesn't need the damage special anymore. 

Great clear again, congrats!

Btw: I'm really hoping to get a Tibarn soon. Not sure if to pull from the VG banner or to wait for his appearance on a legendary banner (shouldn't be too far away). 

Indeed, it's amazing how good of a free unit they made him! Sadly, I just don't have the orb fun currently to consider pulling for Laegjarn, but maybe during a Legendary banner or another.

Thanks!

I wish you good luck with Tibarn. Currently he's lined up to share a colour at nearly all times, so it's rough going. Whatever you decide I hope he comes to you quickly.

@daisy jane Congrats to you for clearing it. I know the feeling of accomplishment that gets you. Your Celica and her cheerleaders definitely did their best to help you finish it. Congrats!

@kirauza343 Yeah, Eliwood just didn't really want to engage for the longest time, so I had to deal with both that and his Chill Atk constantly messing with Tibarn. Luckily the birds just have such amazing stat lines that it didn't matter.

This LHB really is the time for Celica. She is such a great unit and you showed her off well, especially in combination with those dancers. While L!Azura tends to make other dancers pale in comparison, I also still love Nyazura for these clears. She is quite capable at dishing damage out in a pinch.

@SatsumaFSoysoy They sure are. I still love how broken Intsys decided to make them.

Nice work at showing off to underused powerhouses! Masked!Marth sure took a lot of abuse but was able to hold her own exceedingly well. Maybe I've been sleeping on her. Good job on this very crazy map.

Sorry I’m late, had work the past couple days and had to wait to getting around to posting because I like to get through everything at once~

Now this one was actually not that hard, the real challenge was just pulling off the ability to survive the changes from Infernal to Abyssal. I couldn't get past the first kill because Abyssal bumps up the Sword Fighter to just fast enough to avoid Delthea’s double. Would have got it if she was +10 but meh. Also stealing a page out of @Tybrosion’s book for using her here in the first place, kek, so we needed a way to boost her Speed on the first turn without Tactics which just so happened to be the role of one of the new units we just got~

Originally I was using Groom Marth for this and thought, I don’t really want to regret feeding Cynthia to him if it doesn't work. Then it occurred to me, why not just use Cynthia? Well, Cynthia ended up being the hero she is by holding the team up on her back with her buffs. She may not have gotten much action herself but without her ability to give us free buffs, this team wouldn’t have made it. I also noticed that originally Nah was getting 11 HP shy of killing that Bow Fighter and since Elise had a free B Slot here, I thought, why not go all the way with the Links? So Links were the name of this game!

Nah needed Dull Ranged to take on those ranged threats through their Bonus Doubling. 

Cynthia was actually a lot of trouble with that A Skill. Version 2 of most skills upsets the AI so we have that on there, doesn’t really do anything, just need it to keep the AI calm. Also gave her another Lance so she wasn’t a sitting duck against the Manakete~ Drive Spd was needed for Elise to double Eliwood and Delthea to double the final Manakete~

Elise needed Atk/Res Link for full Linking Shenanigans and double Savage Blow to keep that Cleric busy~

Finally Delthea needed Escape Route to get to where she needed to be and Fierce Stance and Dragon Fang to one round the Blue Cavalier. Her C Slot just had to not be Even Atk Wave because her Atk will be Chilled and she won’t be able to kill the Sword Dragon when she appears~

Sorry for blabbering, time for comments!

Spoiler

@LordFrigid - Oooh Kaden! Really nice one-turn with that nice Drag Back usage~

Celica and frens was great, going straight for Eliwood and not even leaving time for the last wave to spawn!

@Maaka - Looks like Peri works on either side of this map~ Nice work with the same team, no less!

@Ginko - Always nice to see Kaze, I see you’ve fed him a nice Fury 4! He put in a lot of work here~ Shiro tanks everything Red or Physical with ease, even those pesky dragons as usual, while Siegbert Galeforces around. Funny to see the Cleric do 0 damage to his crazy Res stat. This was a great clear!

@mampfoid - Roy VS Eliwood! He doesn’t even give Eliwood time to breathe. That 95 damage Astra was awesome~ Perfect damage on that last kill, too, congrats!!

@Nanima - The birbs had some mercy in not going in headstrong on Turn 1. Still didn’t prepare Eliwoods troupes for the onslaught. Reyson shows off some nice resilience against the Tome Cav and he protects Tibarn from the the Sapphire Lancer with ease. As always, I love seeing a Cleric go down early, even though this one wasn’t particularly annoying~ The enemy can’t even get so much as a dent in with all the passive healing and Naesala gives quite the kill against Eliwood!~ Everything else was just cleanup for them. With Eliwood going down so late it was really impressive that the birbs were able to deal with this map while the enemies had their Bonus Doublers active! Awesome work!

@Tybrosion - Delthea and three dancers is the new wave! You’re the reason I chose to use her in this map myself, haha~ Though mine didn’t put in as much work as yours, nice to see her able to pull off solos!

@Hilda - You’re right about that build in Dull, Bonus Doubler stats are nothing to her when she can just ignore them, haha~

The Theme clear was also awesome! Impressive Karel you have there! Flying Hectorcopter with Breath of Life and Obstruct, some real Galaxy Brainage right there~

@Jave - “I never know what to do” - “Do what exactly?” Nice way to open the battle~ Vantage Nowi is fun to see here! Veronica makes easy work of everyone, regardless of Weapon Triangle, the foe being an Archer; she’s got everyone beat~ Nice!

@DLNarshen - Wooo +10 Julia! Julius handles the Enemy Phase while Julia and Reinhardt deal the Player Phase, and Nanna heals them and assists with the Gravity. Can’t ask for a better combination~ Everyone chipped in here, really fun to watch!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Linde is a rare sight, nice seeing her here, even better with a Bladetome. M!Marth is a great Offensive tank and those constant Aethers looked really satisfying. 

@Alexmender - Aha, you also went with the Cancel Affinity strategy (I used in on Nah in my Infernal run but it was unnecessary for Abyssal). Good thinking! And Eirika’s got some new rare food, we see~ Pulse and Atk Smoke on Eirika is a win-win combo~ With that, it’s pretty much a cakewalk. This is probably one of my favorites of yours!~

57 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Congrats to you for clearing it. I know the feeling of accomplishment that gets you. Your Celica and her cheerleaders definitely did their best to help you finish it. Congrats!

thanks Nanima! I just wish i could show everyone. but i don't know if people would watch w/o sound, I use a mac so i don't know how to sound edit, and i don't know if people would watch with such a clear lag. (and i'm unsure why it lags to begin with). but some of them  are so clever and it's like.. i hope i'm verbally expressing it. (and people are reading it haha)

Your clears were fantastic as always! 
I tried for a Tibarn. no luck (he probably knows he's food for me).  but he does seem like fun. 

Finished off Abyssal last night, with pretty much the same strategy as Infernal (Nino explodes the Sword Fighter on the right, Eliwood comes running to rally the Blue Cavalier, who still has no chance of surviving attacking Nino, then she kills Eliwood, and the three +10s (Nino, Reinhardt, Cordelia) tidy up with no problems), although I had to give Nino her Death Blow to get the initial kill. It was also great fun seeing Reinhardt ORKO the Green Bow.

Legendary Azura is just stupid broken, as usual, when combined with double Waves on a bladetome.

I find another abyssal FTP guide and it doesn't work for me either. Of course. This is why I don't like using them, they rarely ever actually fucking work. It's not anyone's fault, but still. Many players will have different stats and such on their units that cause different AI behavior and they can't really control that much. Guides for anything beyond tactics drills are not useful.

Edited by Anacybele

I decided to go back to Phoenixmaster's video to see if I could find some way around my issue with my RD Ike being too strong in his abyssal clear. And after several tries, I DID! I actually found an answer and BEAT THIS GOD DAMN THING!

I haven't felt this satisfied since I conquered Grima Robin's map. ^^

Anyone else using the video though, if your Ike has merges and stuff as well, here's what I did. When you get to the point where PM asks you to move Ike to the far right to bait one of the red dragons:

1. Move Ike there still, but instead of having Azura move down, move her to the right to take out the blue dragon. I think Eir takes out an enemy here too, I don't remember exactly, but she has to be out of enemy range at the end of this turn.
2. Pivot Ike above Ethlyn so he goes right into the green archer's range to bait him. He'll make short work of that guy.
3. Ethlyn gets rid of the sword flier and then just do some maneuvering to allow Eir to finish off the red dragon.

Edited by Anacybele

On 6/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm impressed Roy managed to EP the axe cav with a Brave Sword, though. That boi tanky.

Yeah, I was lucky it worked immediately. There wasn't much optimization potential on Roy. Perhaps Support by Verlouria. 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Managed to figure something out that isn't just DPS triple dancer, though I ended up having to use two anyway. And a Blade tome (but if I had the Dark Aura refine or if I had Bride Ninian I might not have needed the Blade tome). This took me quite a while in the end, but it was so satisfying as the map started to wind down.

Beautiful beaming/repo combo in the beginning, to bring your team together in the left corner. Good idea using the terrain the stall Eliwoods hordes a little. 

Nice DC/Wrath Martha, I should give mine some premium fodder as well. Might switch to the bond refinement for reinforcement maps, I like how many kills your Martha gets. 

No Dark Aura refine planned? Blárblade worked pretty well tough, i.e. one-shotting boss-Eliwood. I tried once to kill the sword infantry guy with my +ATK summer Laegjarn, but failed miserably, so already Linde's start was impressive. 

23 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid GF strats are absolutely incredible here. No need to deal with unholy levels of buffed enemies when you can just destroy them before they can even move. Nice touch taking out Eliwood with his son! 

Haha, thanks! Avoiding buffs/debuffs and reinforcements was the original idea of my clears. I might be missing an interesting part of the game though. Too bad LHBs are running only a week, I don't have time for a themed clear. 

23 hours ago, Alexmender said:

But you're not here to read my ramblings, so without further ado here's Eirika's solo against this BS map.

Oh wow, RIP Pent. Hope he was -ATK/-SPD at least. I went through the same sufferings with my summer Tana last year, but was lucky to get her back last week (without the annoying -ATK even). Good luck getting him back painlessly as well. 

New skills are fun, but this map looks like a big pain for your Eirka, because the enemy is trying to copy her trick. She just smashed the cheap trickster by jumping into their formation taking out boss-Eliwood fast (not before tanking some insanely buffed units though). Doing clean-up after their formation crumbled, Erika looked rather relaxed. 

Awesome clear, congrats! 

17 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

You bet!  For now I'm in the process of attempting to duo all the GHBs on the weekly rotation.  All the threads are dead so I'm not sure where I'll put them when they're done, but they're coming.

The GHB/BHB threads have been revived multiple times for their reruns, I guess you could ask the mods if you plan to bring many of them up again in a short period of time. I don't think creating new topics for them would make sense. 

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

Eliwood Abyssal vs Hector, Lyn, Ninian and Karel

+SPD WoM Hector? I have to watch this one. 

Ok, Hector doubled noone (31 SPD isn't exactly Abyssal), but you showed off some nice beaming action. 

Obviously Eliwood didn't know Karel's crazy special damage potential, otherwise he would have recovered from the savage blows before trying to tank him. 

13 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid The boy is all grown up, fighting papa bear now. Also, that exact damage on the axe cavalier though. Yune's Abyssal map needs to stop being annoying.

He still looks shorter than his father in these clothes, but I think Eliwood was never more proud to take a beating. 

13 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Sorry Eliwood, but you had to go first.

Wise decision, Eliwood was the key here. He didn't  see the Rein coming. 

Fine nuking! 

13 hours ago, Nanima said:

I wish you good luck with Tibarn. Currently he's lined up to share a colour at nearly all times, so it's rough going. Whatever you decide I hope he comes to you quickly.

I was lucky, it took only 2 Grays (one of them free): 

Spoiler

Ksk8Lxz.png

+DEF/-RES, hilariously 47 DEF on player phase. He got my last Cordy for GF and with Leanne and Reyson he is making TTs almost too easy. 

Somehow I forgot to add tags to this post.

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@mampfoid - Roy VS Eliwood! He doesn’t even give Eliwood time to breathe. That 95 damage Astra was awesome~ Perfect damage on that last kill, too, congrats!!

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

So Links were the name of this game!

Oh, curious skill combo! I like the dull idea, does it remove the buff and Eliwood's effect? 

Haha, Elise killing Eliwood was great, didn't see that coming. 

Nah is an awesome tank, even if her dragon sprite looks like a monster radish. Cynthia got a perfect (1 HP) kill in the end to thank her for her linking services. 

Congrats, bet that was a hard one to crack. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wise decision, Eliwood was the key here. He didn't  see the Rein coming. 

Trust me, I didn't either but he was way too dangerous and annoying to freely roam the map, especially with 3 movement. Even though Abyssal maps kinda require you to play aggressively, I still like to play things on the safer side but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 6/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, Landmaster said:

Now this one was actually not that hard

Pretty amazing job showing off those little girls. Nah really is so good holding her own against what seems like 90% of the map. Delthea had her fun sniping things, even if she needs a couple more merges to become all powerful. Elise was the most impressive though, seeing as she blew up Eliwood like it was nothing. Really did not see that coming. What a plesant surprise. xD They all took quite the beating but managed to last until the end. You really have some very resilient girls there. Congrats!

On 6/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, Landmaster said:

The birbs had some mercy in not going in headstrong on Turn 1. Still didn’t prepare Eliwoods troupes for the onslaught. Reyson shows off some nice resilience against the Tome Cav and he protects Tibarn from the the Sapphire Lancer with ease. As always, I love seeing a Cleric go down early, even though this one wasn’t particularly annoying~ The enemy can’t even get so much as a dent in with all the passive healing and Naesala gives quite the kill against Eliwood!~ Everything else was just cleanup for them. With Eliwood going down so late it was really impressive that the birbs were able to deal with this map while the enemies had their Bonus Doublers active! Awesome work!

Yeah, I thought about rushing it, but then I do like seeing all the reinforcements and taking them out piece by piece. Reyson is now a fully fledged combatant and he can prove it. haha Glad you enjoyed the beatdown. I do love doing that to those squishy bastards. I was afraid Eliwood would be another Eirika situation, but doubling him was just no challenge and so Naesala didn't struggle at all to rush him. It's comforting to know that even if Intsys keeps twisting on the power creep tab, the birbs will be able to keep up for a while yet.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:55 PM, daisy jane said:

hanks Nanima! I just wish i could show everyone. but i don't know if people would watch w/o sound, I use a mac so i don't know how to sound edit, and i don't know if people would watch with such a clear lag. (and i'm unsure why it lags to begin with). but some of them  are so clever and it's like.. i hope i'm verbally expressing it. (and people are reading it haha)

Your clears were fantastic as always! 
I tried for a Tibarn. no luck (he probably knows he's food for me).  but he does seem like fun. 

I don't really know too much about that topic either, but maybe try using another recording software/app? Can you still add another music track without it desynching as well? I always have no in-game sounds, because my phone only records from mic, and mic audio sucks. But even if that doesn't work for you, I'd still love watching your videos even without sound.

Thanks! I do hope you can get Tibarn (or someone else in the future who carries the impact skill) at some point, even if it's just to make another fave stronger. That's still a worthy goal!

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I was lucky, it took only 2 Grays (one of them free): 

Congrats on getting Tibarn! (and some nice extras) He really is so strong. I know how good it feels to have the birb squad at your disposal, so I want you to enjoy it as much as possible!

42 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Congrats on getting Tibarn! (and some nice extras) He really is so strong. I know how good it feels to have the birb squad at your disposal, so I want you to enjoy it as much as possible!

Thanks!

(The extras where more or less useless though, no new units, no good fodder. Can't complain though, since it didn't take many orbs in the end.)

I ran your birb squad practically the last days in TTs, only that I used SR!Laegjarn instead of Naesala. 1-2 turns max for each map is fun. 

Considering to switch Leanne to +ATK, she really has trouble to kill anything else than fragile nukes. 

@mampfoid@SatsumaFSoysoy

@Kaden

After Eliwood plays a role in the last 2 LHB run(does he? i dont remember if i uploaded the last two), this time he showcases another thing he is a monster at

Doing absolutely NOTHING still busted

Eliwood contribution: Using Reposition once

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

22 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Eliwood contribution: Using Reposition once

Lol, bloopers aside, Hardin is a real (speedy) monster. 

He had some help with the true boss (green shining bow guy), but otherwise he dominted this map. Congrats! 

On 7/1/2019 at 3:52 AM, mampfoid said:

Oh, curious skill combo! I like the dull idea, does it remove the buff and Eliwood's effect? 

Haha, Elise killing Eliwood was great, didn't see that coming. 

Nah is an awesome tank, even if her dragon sprite looks like a monster radish. Cynthia got a perfect (1 HP) kill in the end to thank her for her linking services. 

Congrats, bet that was a hard one to crack. 

Thanks! It removes visible buffs, so the fact that they're Doubled should be negated since it acts as if they have none in the first place. Yeah, I was surprised she was able to take him out only needed the Spd to do it. Thanks, Nah and Cynthia were great, too! Took a while but once the Skills were right, we were good~

On 7/1/2019 at 3:18 PM, Nanima said:

Pretty amazing job showing off those little girls. Nah really is so good holding her own against what seems like 90% of the map. Delthea had her fun sniping things, even if she needs a couple more merges to become all powerful. Elise was the most impressive though, seeing as she blew up Eliwood like it was nothing. Really did not see that coming. What a plesant surprise. xD They all took quite the beating but managed to last until the end. You really have some very resilient girls there. Congrats!

Yeah, I thought about rushing it, but then I do like seeing all the reinforcements and taking them out piece by piece. Reyson is now a fully fledged combatant and he can prove it. haha Glad you enjoyed the beatdown. I do love doing that to those squishy bastards. I was afraid Eliwood would be another Eirika situation, but doubling him was just no challenge and so Naesala didn't struggle at all to rush him. It's comforting to know that even if Intsys keeps twisting on the power creep tab, the birbs will be able to keep up for a while yet.

Haha, glad Elise killing Eliwood was a highlight XD Thankful for his low Res~ Thank you!

@Landmaster First off, I approve the music choice. 👍

Very clever use of links and AI manipulation!  Cynthia getting the last kill after playing support the entire battle was the highlight for me. x)  Delthea is going to be an bigger force to be reckoned with next update when she's added to the Grail shop.

@mampfoid

Nice work! I see you got a Velouria! I know what you mean about the KO power issues. Colorless hurts...even with a stat line like hers. Also, that Roy performance. Holy Smokes.

@Landmaster

I wasn’t expecting Elise to crush Eliwood so handily, even with Gronnwolf. Clever positioning, getting the manaketes to play ring-around-the-lava with you at the end. Nice job!

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Lol, bloopers aside, Hardin is a real (speedy) monster. 

He had some help with the true boss (green shining bow guy), but otherwise he dominted this map. Congrats! 

The true boss(tm) this time around is actually the Hammer Axe but Green Shining Bow Guy is surprisingly scary because of the 26 chip damage yeah

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice work! I see you got a Velouria! I know what you mean about the KO power issues. Colorless hurts...even with a stat line like hers. Also, that Roy performance. Holy Smokes.

Thanks! 

I also got Tibarn recently, but I'm out of GF fodder for the third GF beast unit (Naesala or Panne). 

Last minute totally uni- yeah I cheesed with Ophelia + LegAzura again...

This time though, there was a bit of Wings of Mercy play as well. Not much, and to be honest there was probably a version of my clear that didn't need WoM, but whatever it was actually kinda fun doing something slightly unique for once.

Finally beat Abyssal! After trying each of my three blade tome fliers, I ended up settling on Corrin as my heavy hitter and the usual Micaiah and legendary+Adrift Azura as my dancers. Took a few tries to get my footing but it worked out fine eventually, once I figured out exactly where to position everyone to get through it safely.

All three dancers ended up fighting this time. Adrift Azura weakened the blue cav, Micaiah tanked the green mage and killed it over the course of two hits, and legendary Azura took a hit from the priest.