July 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

Haven't summoned for June yet, but I figured I'll get this out of the way now. With eight L/M heroes this month, the predictions are getting much easier to make.

LEGENDARIES/MYTHICS: The following are confirmed based on the notifications:

• Legendary Marth
  • Fjorm
  • Legendary Azura
  • Legendary Hector
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Eir
  • Legendary Alm
  • New Mythic Hero (unknown color and type)

SEASONALS: The Hot Springs heroes should be wrapping up, as we move into the Greil's Devoted Valentine heroes. This should be rather easy to predict, barring the toss up between Greil and Mist.

• HS Elise - Extremely high odds, rounding out the HS banner
  • HS Ryoma - Extremely high odds, rounding out the HS banner
  • Valentine Ike - Extremely low odds, Elise should be appearing first for red.
  • Valentine Mist - Very good odds, it's between her and her dad for the green slot. I say she has better odds than Greil since Legendary Hector will appear this month, and Gunnthra the following. Putting Mist with Hector and Greil with Gunnthra diversifies the green pool's units.
  • Valentine Greil - Decent odds, see Mist
  • Valentine Soren - Extremely low odds, Ryoma should be appearing first for blue.

REGULAR 5★ HEROES: As the pool of L/M heroes increases to a whopping 8 and the seasonals don't decrease, there's barely any room for other heroes. Judging by some of the recent banners having many newer units, I think that they're slowly phasing out the idea of putting most new units in L/M banners. To make up for this, it seems that they have or will appear on other banners, which is (usually) technically better if you want to pull for them specifically anyway. As such, from here on, unless there's a major change to the banners, this section will be much smaller since there's less to expect.

• Reds - No room for anybody.
  • Greens - No room for anybody.
  • Blues - No room for anybody.
  • Caineghis - Very good odds, as I really don't expect any other group to have space, and he's next in line.
  • Colorless Rerun - Low odds, Caineghis is lined up pretty well. I could see some late Book II era colorless units like Mikoto appearing again if they wanted to pad it out, but with Tiki and Corrin as extra options down the road, I don't think it would be necessary.

MY PREDICTED LIST: This is my own guess based on everything above.

• Legendary Marth
  • HS Elise
  • New Mythic Hero - Lyon/Fomortiis (Armor Beast, Dark/Def)
  • Legendary Hector
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Valentine Mist
  • Fjorm
  • Legendary Azura
  • HS Ryoma
  • Eir
  • Legendary Alm
  • Caineghis

WHO'S THAT POKEMON NEW HERO? Can be any color and element, though there's a very strong chance it's red given that we only have one red legendary returning. Given how red is associated with dark tomes and breaths, I am expecting a red dragon or tome user, probably Dark type cuz why not.

• Medeus: At the moment, this seems like the most likely, even though I listed Lyon above for funsies. Red dragon, probably armored.
  • Julius (Loptous): I dunno if this is even on their radar, but I like the idea of a super version of Julius that is even more dangerous than his normal version. I mean, if Berkut can get a powered up alt, maybe Julius can too. Who knows.
  • Lyon (Fomortiis): Perhaps the only Mythic that would make sense as a beast unit, Lyon transforming into the Demon King would be an interesting choice. I put it into my prediction just because I felt like he would be more interesting than Medeus.
  • Anankos: Unlike Medeus, I could see him being a different color, so perhaps they won't
  • Others: Beats me. I dunno if characters like Athos, Nergal, Ashnard (juiced up), or Deghinsea would qualify as Mythics, even though I would definitely expect them as red units.

FUTURE ANALYSIS:

• August: Ike, Roy, Gunnthra, Naga, Tiki, Duma, Robin, New Legendary (unknown color but probably green - my money's on Corrin as a green dragon)
  • September: Eliwood, Eirika, Hrid, Ephraim, Yune, New Mythic (unknown color)
  • October: Ryoma, Lucina, New Legendary (unknown color)
  • As stated above, I think normal 5★ units are slowly being phased out of these banners for the most part, and instead will more likely appear in regular banners for things like VG, Tempest, skill banners, etc. Eight L/M heroes seems like it might be the limit for now, but I am more than willing to consider they might shake up the way they do these banners.

Previous threads:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colorless is stacked to the teeth with Eir and Alm coming back at once. I hope the new Mythic isn't something I feel the need to +10 right away because I'd love to get more copies of Alm and Caineghis, assuming they don't skip him.

I'll be spending 500-600 orbs on this banner but the near-inevitability of Ryoma being the third blue is sadmaking. Azura is pretty much my white whale at the moment, the only gamechanging unit I lack, and so I have to go for it regardless of how mediocre the two other units are. I could use one Fjorm I suppose for the +5 stats but I don't see how Ryoma would get used in any of my teams.

On the plus side, grey is looking pretty much perfect so I will go purely blue+grey terminating blue only if I get two Azuras.

23 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Do we have an idea as to what color next month's Mythic Hero will be?

Odds are red for July, green for August, September is anything but red

21 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

didn't Bruno come before Mufasa?

Yeah but seasonals are on a different order of appearance. They have to get through the Valentine heroes before the Spring heroes.

Edited by Johann

Assuming that the next Mythic Hero is Red and either Light or Dark, the choices seem limited.

For Light, the only real option I can think of is Athos. He's associated with Fire, so Red, he has an elevated role due to being a legendary hero, and he has a role that would make him more tangible to players since unlike the rest of the Elibe heroes he was a major character in Blazing Blade. The only thing that may hold him back is that he could be held off for Anima or (less likely) Astra since he has more in common with those elements. Anri is also possible due to being a sword, though having him right after Eliwood could be seen as redundant. 

As for Dark, it's mostly between Medeus and Formortiis since those are the only two godlike characters that could be red. Bramimond is also a possible dark horse, though I'm not sure they'd go for him since he's less notable then the other two.

Edited by Medeus

26 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Assuming that the next Mythic Hero is Red and either Light or Dark, the choices seem limited.

For Light, the only real option I can think of is Athos. He's associated with Fire, so Red, he has an elevated role due to being a legendary hero, and he has a role that would make him more tangible to players since unlike the rest of the Elibe heroes he was a major character in Blazing Blade. The only thing that may hold him back is that he could be held off for Anima or (less likely) Astra since he has more in common with those elements. Anri is also possible due to being a sword, though having him right after Eliwood could be seen as redundant. 

As for Dark, it's mostly between Medeus and Formortiis since those are the only two godlike characters that could be red. Bramimond is also a possible dark horse, though I'm not sure they'd go for him since he's less notable then the other two.

Ashera could probably also work for Light

Hmmm... I don’t think we’ll get Sothis so soon actually. For some reason, I get the hunch they are gonna save her to have her aligned with a future post-timeskip banner featuring the lords!

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Hmmm... I don’t think we’ll get Sothis so soon actually. For some reason, I get the hunch they are gonna save her to have her aligned with a future post-timeskip banner featuring the lords!

It’s just a possibility, not a definitive. While striking while the iron is hot would be a good idea, we’ll have to wait and see. I’d rather have Medeus or Ashera. 

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont think they will put Caneighis together with Alm and Eir in colorless. That would be one stacked up color in terms of usefull units AND fodder.

We already had March's banner with Legendary Azura, Legendary Lucina, and Ophelia in blue.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I'd prefer if the new Mythic was anima because I never got Duma. Please be anima...

Dheginsea could be anima. I'm not sure what color he would be. I would have thought colorless, but we already have Duma and Caineghis.

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Ashera could probably also work for Light

Definitely, though the question comes down to whether she'd be Red. Her main weapon Judge is treated as Light magic and it's almost been consistently Blue in Heroes, so there's a fair chance she may follow suit there. 

Edited by Medeus

I don't see Three Houses Legendaries or Mythics coming out for at least a few months, especially given the spoilery nature of the units as they're typically post-game.

And honestly....in no way do I see Medeus as a possible Mythic. I mean, if Idunn's not a mythic, I don't see why he would as he's not really all that strong lore-wise in comparison to others.

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s just a possibility, not a definitive. While striking while the iron is hot would be a good idea, we’ll have to wait and see. I’d rather have Medeus or Ashera. 

Oh, for sure! They’re definitely bound to come any month now! 

5 hours ago, MirandaFriege said:

I hope that the number of spaces increase🙏

I don't. It'd further hurt the odds of getting any one character, and it'd mean an increasingly large fraction of each banner would be the same legendaries we've seen a bunch of times before.

40 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't see Three Houses Legendaries or Mythics coming out for at least a few months, especially given the spoilery nature of the units as they're typically post-game.

And honestly....in no way do I see Medeus as a possible Mythic. I mean, if Idunn's not a mythic, I don't see why he would as he's not really all that strong lore-wise in comparison to others.

It's not that Idunn didn't qualify for a Mythic spot, it's more that IS probably wanted to release Idunn sooner rather than later given the slow release rate of Mythic Heroes. I can definitely see Medeus as a potential Mythic.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Mila.

It's gotta be Mila in July.

I can't think of anyone else it could be.

Mila wouldn't be red.

All three of the non-OC gods we've gotten so far have a counterpart: Mila, Ashera, and Medeus. Medeus is a perfect fit and the only one of the three who makes sense in red. The comparisons to Idunn are just silly: Medeus is a much bigger deal, while Idunn was just a weapon controlled by other dragons.