July 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Mila.

It's gotta be Mila in July.

I can't think of anyone else it could be.

52 minutes ago, Othin said:

Mila wouldn't be red.

All three of the non-OC gods we've gotten so far have a counterpart: Mila, Ashera, and Medeus. Medeus is a perfect fit and the only one of the three who makes sense in red. The comparisons to Idunn are just silly: Medeus is a much bigger deal, while Idunn was just a weapon controlled by other dragons.

I feel like if Mila were to be added, she'd be a green dragon instead of red

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I feel like if Mila were to be added, she'd be a green dragon instead of red

It fits perfectly, too.

• Duma - Colorless, Anima
  • Naga - Blue, Astra
  • Medeus - Red, Dark
  • Mila - Green, Light

The weird thing is that the elements don't line up between Mila/Duma and Naga/Medeus, but I don't think they're going to do Mila as a second Astra dragon and I really don't think they're going to do Medeus as a second Anima dragon.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Medeus is a much bigger deal

Well it was stated that Medeus with the collective thousands of feral Earth Dragons sealed beneath the Dragons' Altar/Table could practically annihilate Archanea if awakened. Maybe Idunn and her War Dragons could do that eventually, but I'd take it to take much longer to achieve the same level of destruction. -Provided Medeus and the Earths actually completely broke through the seal of the Binding Shield. 

There is the issue of Medeus being weaker than Naga, so is he strong enough to qualify as Mythic? I'd offer an immediate counter-rebuttal and say yes. Since Duma < Naga, and has yet qualified for Mythic status.

Duma vs. Medeus is an unknown, does a degenerate Divine have more power than a more sane if ferocious Earth? I'd like to put my chips on Medeus, but we haven't an inkling of who is actually stronger.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So, a reason Caineghis might not run in July is that it'd make August kind of weird:

• Red: Legendary Ike, Legendary Roy, Valentine's Ike
  • Blue: Legendary Tiki, Naga, Valentine's Soren
  • Green: Gunnthra, Valentine's Greil, [New Legendary]
  • Colorless: Legendary Robin, Duma, [Unknown 5*]

If Caineghis runs in July, that'd mean the main two choices for August would be Corrin and Tiki, on a banner that already has the other two colorless dragons. That could be a reason for them to go out of order and feature one of the Fallen dragons in July instead, saving Caineghis for that spot in August.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So, a reason Caineghis might not run in July is that it'd make August kind of weird:

If Caineghis runs in July, that'd mean the main two choices for August would be Corrin and Tiki, on a banner that already has the other two colorless dragons. That could be a reason for them to go out of order and feature one of the Fallen dragons in July instead, saving Caineghis for that spot in August.

Hadn't considered that, but either way August already has all the dragons anyway, what's one more?

6 hours ago, Othin said:

We literally just had three infantry sword lords back in April's banner (Marth, Roy, Ike).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We literally just had three infantry sword lords back in April's banner (Marth, Roy, Ike).

There are 47 sword infantry and 4 colorless dragons. One looks a lot less strange than the other.

That situation also didn't have as easy of a fix as "change around the New Heroes order a bit". I'm not saying it's certain, but I do think it's a change they might make.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

There are 47 sword infantry and 4 colorless dragons. One looks a lot less strange than the other.

That situation also didn't have as easy of a fix as "change around the New Heroes order a bit". I'm not saying it's certain, but I do think it's a change they might make.

I don't see why so. There was 1 colorless dragon for a long time and there's obviously nothing wrong with having all 1 colorless dragon on a Legendary banner, so I don't see why having 3 of the 4 colorless dragons on one banner is any issue.

It's less strange than having exactly all 3 sword infantry Legendary Heroes appear on the same banner.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Seeing this list makes it so I will be saving for August since I really want Naga.  

On 6/28/2019 at 9:51 PM, Othin said:

I don't. It'd further hurt the odds of getting any one character, and it'd mean an increasingly large fraction of each banner would be the same legendaries we've seen a bunch of times before.

What happens is that I want to keep appearing regular 5 star heroes on these banners and thus increase the percentage rate

3 minutes ago, MirandaFriege said:

What happens is that I want to keep appearing regular 5 star heroes on these banners and thus increase the percentage rate

If you add more focus characters to the banner without also increasing the overall focus rate, then you end up with lower summon rates for each character because the overall focus rate is divided across more characters. It makes sniping for wanted characters even harder than it already is.

And they're not going to increase the overall focus rate over 8% to compensate. A banner with 16 characters instead of 12 would need a 10.7% focus rate to have the same summon rate per focus character, and that's simply not going to happen.

I hope the Mythic is Light~ I wouldn't mind Dark to round out my Defense team since I only have one Yune but I need something for Light Season, as Eir is nearly useless~

If it's Red, it's a bonus. I don't really need more Elises but I wouldn't turn them down and my Marth could use a merge, as well so Red is looking promising~ Already have everyone in Green so I wouldn't need to pull there~ Fjorm being on a Banner = it's a skip. Alm would be nice to merge to fix mine's Spd bane but not interested in Eir and I already have a perfectly fine Mufasa so it pains me to skip him, but I just will have to wait until he has a better color share~

My guess is Thorr, but it's possible that she could have more focus for Book IV and won't be available until then. Pretty good chance for that since it feels that's what they're building up to. Otherwise it could be a multitude of characters. I doubt they'll do two Astra in a row, but Ashera is my guess for the next Astra. She'll undoubtedly be an Astra eventually.

29 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

My guess is Thorr, but it's possible that she could have more focus for Book IV and won't be available until then. Pretty good chance for that since it feels that's what they're building up to. Otherwise it could be a multitude of characters. I doubt they'll do two Astra in a row, but Ashera is my guess for the next Astra. She'll undoubtedly be an Astra eventually.

Red is most likely due to the fact that there is only 1 returning red Legendary/Mythic Hero in the next banner, and Thorr is very clearly going to be green due to the fact that she uses an axe.

Already mentioned it in other threads, but I expect sothis to round out the 3H cast, assuming the 3H banner on the 27th includes byleth, edlgard, dimitri, and claude, sothis would complete the primary cast, that way any future banners are more free to use whomever. 

As for medeus, I think it is too early for him, naga just showed up, and she was mystery and awakening, as for elibe, that is also too soon, I don't think they would double dip with athos or barimond immediately after eliwood.

My guess is either formorits or sothis, loptus, could also happen if they decide that geaneology exists again, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Already mentioned it in other threads, but I expect sothis to round out the 3H cast, assuming the 3H banner on the 27th includes byleth, edlgard, dimitri, and claude, sothis would complete the primary cast, that way any future banners are more free to use whomever. 

As for medeus, I think it is too early for him, naga just showed up, and she was mystery and awakening, as for elibe, that is also too soon, I don't think they would double dip with athos or barimond immediately after eliwood.

My guess is either formorits or sothis, loptus, could also happen if they decide that geaneology exists again, but I doubt it.

They had Gunnthra immediately follow Fjorm, Hector come two months after Lyn, and Tiki immediately following Marth. They're not adverse to having Legendaries/Mythics from the same game be released close together, so nothing stops them from adding Athos immediately after Eliwood.

With that said, Sothis is an option for the reasons you stated. She may be another option for Light based on what we know so far.

Edited by Medeus

The likes of Athos, Bramimond, the Crusaders and Saint of Mario Kart are actually better suited for Legendary banners. If they’re really trying to push 3H then this month’s Mythic Hero would be Sothis to round out the 3H cast. 

If Cain makes it in, colourless would be the sickest colour in a legendary banner ever. 

However I had very bad experiences with this colour in legendaries in the past... aka COLORLESS HELL. 

Still I want Alm as new unit and merges for Eir and Cain, so it would be the golden opportunity to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

M!Byleth being there means the Mythic is Colorless meaning that sht is going to be stackT~

Now I hope it's not a Light Mythic because I'm not going to try to pull for a New Mythic with Eir on the same Banner~ Thought I don't really know what they'd make it~ We already have Colorless Light and Anima Mythics so maybe it'll be Dark?

Hmm of those confirmed getting in, the only ones I have are the freebies. I guess it just boils down to the final list and who I want out of those...if I pull. If Valentine's Ike is on here, I'll pull red until I run out of orbs or get him. If not, then I'll wait until he shows up I guess. He's my top summoning priority (though I also look forward to getting Kaden someday, and V!Mist/Regular Mist because she needs to join her family and so does her mom.)