July 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from a week long vacation, and yeah Byleth being on this banner strongly implies that the new hero will be colorless. I would suspect also that it means the hero will be either Dark or Anima to mix it up a bit, but then who knows. It's looking like:

• Legendary Marth
  • HS Elise
  • M Byleth
  • Legendary Hector
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Valentine Mist
  • Fjorm
  • Legendary Azura
  • HS Ryoma
  • Eir
  • Legendary Alm
  • New Mythic Hero - whatever

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

Back from a week long vacation, and yeah Byleth being on this banner strongly implies that the new hero will be colorless. I would suspect also that it means the hero will be either Dark or Anima to mix it up a bit, but then who knows. It's looking like:

• Legendary Marth
  • HS Elise
  • M Byleth
  • Legendary Hector
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Valentine Mist
  • Fjorm
  • Legendary Azura
  • HS Ryoma
  • Eir
  • Legendary Alm

Either that or they really are expanding the roster. Which I still think would be awful, but that roster is so weird.

Legendary Azura is still my most wanted unit, but good god, if the projected banner ends up being accurate it's going to be bloody tempting to just snipe exclusively on grey.

I hope this means GD Ike and RD Ike will be together on one banner next month, because I want more merges for them both! ...Well, merges at all in the case of GD Ike. I never actually pulled more than one of him.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this means GD Ike and RD Ike will be together on one banner next month, because I want more merges for them both! ...Well, merges at all in the case of GD Ike. I never actually pulled more than one of him.

Very good chance of that happening. It's a bit early to say for sure, but next month is probably going to be something like:

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Roy
  • Valentine Ike
  • Gunnthra
  • Valentine Greil (or Mist if Greil is on July's banner)
  • New Legendary Hero (Water/Pair Up - my money is on Corrin)
  • Naga
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Valentine Soren
  • Duma
  • Legendary Robin
  • Caineghis (unless he appears on July's banner, but that's looking much less likely now)

I was really hoping for Eir/L!Alm/Caineghis for this month...  I would have loved that colorless banner.  I guess the new mythic would probably be great as well, but I would rather merge my Caineghis.  Next month's colorless would have L!Robin, who I really don't want any more of, and I'd only want one Duma.  Though I do want to merge Ikes, so next month's red looks pretty good too...  (Though I'll want B!Micaiah more)

10 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Eir
  • Legendary Alm

Wow, if this really is the case I might go a bit wild on colorless. Its the first time I feel like one Color has 3 worthwhile heroes. Of course it slightly depends on the new one. We will see..

7 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Wow, if this really is the case I might go a bit wild on colorless. Its the first time I feel like one Color has 3 worthwhile heroes. Of course it slightly depends on the new one. We will see..

Yeah, it's a pretty solid grouping if it ends up like that. Still, I personally will hold back unless the new hero is Astra.

Went looking back about a year or so and the last time a colour had a perfect lineup for my purposes was perhaps Legendary Eirika - Flying Olivia - Summer Tana. Of course, I did not get any of those, but that was back during my effective hiatus and so I had minimal orbs to spend. More recently, the best would have been Legendary Azura - Legendary Lucina - Ophelia, and objectively that's great. However I despite Ophelia despite her undoubted power, both in appearance and in personality so I'm hesitant to proclaim it as "perfect".

If this month's mythic is grey, I hope it'll be someone like Eir who has great general utility away from Aether raids and has no skills specific to that mode. Frankly the Mythic status to me means nothing but an omni-blessing, and the worst case scenario would be if it turned out to be a defensive AR unit - I would never try to get a unit whose purpose is to *not* be used to actually play. Would be interesting to see it turn out to be a dagger given that I'm planning on making Kronje the first dagger unit to truly invest in. Would also be perfectly happy with a non-dancing grey beast, or a flying healer.

The mythic being colorless is perfect for me, I already was gonna try for another Eir and/or L!Alm. Here's hoping the mythic is dark, cause I failed to get Yune twice now and could really use a defense mythic during light seasons.

Might go for green too, could always use more L!Lyns, Hector means DC and do still want V!Mist.

Edited by Mau

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Very good chance of that happening. It's a bit early to say for sure, but next month is probably going to be something like:

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Roy
  • Valentine Ike
  • Gunnthra
  • Naga
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Valentine Soren
  • Duma
  • Legendary Robin
  • Caineghis (unless he appears on July's banner, but that's looking much less likely now)

Yep, that sounds about right to me too!

Frankly speaking the banner looks to be fantastic. L!Marth, M!Byleth for red, L!Lyn and L!Hector for green and L!Alm and Eir for Colorless plus the mythic? It's awesome. The likely green and red seasonals are stinkers for me but at the very least they carry extremely valuable valor skills so it's not a total loss. Plus I can safely skip blue since I don't need or want any of the units of that color.

Top priority is pulling L!Lyn followed by snagging a L!Marth for Infantry Flash fodder. After that the new Mythic would be cool and a 4th Eir so I can finally give Mystic Boost to somebody. Everything else is gravy. Hector or M!Byleth want to show up cool. L!Alm is cool too, Null Followup is great. It's just great all around, really.

12 hours ago, Johann said:

Yeah, it's a pretty solid grouping if it ends up like that. Still, I personally will hold back unless the new hero is Astra.

This is true, if the next Mythic hero isn't that worthwhile it still might be better to save up. Just a few days. But I wouldn't mind another Alm or Eir at least. Just make it Mila Astra and I will pull on this one. xD

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

Frankly speaking the banner looks to be fantastic. L!Marth, M!Byleth for red, L!Lyn and L!Hector for green and L!Alm and Eir for Colorless plus the mythic? It's awesome. The likely green and red seasonals are stinkers for me but at the very least they carry extremely valuable valor skills so it's not a total loss. Plus I can safely skip blue since I don't need or want any of the units of that color.

Top priority is pulling L!Lyn followed by snagging a L!Marth for Infantry Flash fodder. After that the new Mythic would be cool and a 4th Eir so I can finally give Mystic Boost to somebody. Everything else is gravy. Hector or M!Byleth want to show up cool. L!Alm is cool too, Null Followup is great. It's just great all around, really.

So far green was the color to avoid for me. I don't like armor units and lyn is said to be mediocre. What makes her worth pulling in your opinion?

32 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

What makes her worth pulling in your opinion?

• Spd Tactic fodder.
  • Being an underrated unit for PvE modes. She's actually the second best non-armored ranged tank in the game (meaning ranged unit that tanks ranged attacks), with only Faye edging her out.

30 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

So far green was the color to avoid for me. I don't like armor units and lyn is said to be mediocre. What makes her worth pulling in your opinion?

I have a personal bias towards Lyn as she's my favorite character in FE. I don't care about her summer variant but the Legendary Version is the one legendary hero (an unit as a whole) that I have wanted to pull probably the most in the entire game since she debuted. I've been trying to pull for her on every banner she's been on.

As for you however, your draw for pulling her would be SPD Tactic 3. It's exceedingly rare, only two units have it in the game and it's a must if you run mixed teams if you care about that kind of thing. As for Hector, Distant Counter is still a prestigeous A skill so you generally always want it, you can never go wrong pulling him unless of course you don't care about that OR Vengeful Fighter.

If you're not into fodder, then green would be the color to avoid but otherwise it's pretty much always a stellar color unless say, Gunnthra is in the rotation.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:11 PM, Johann said:

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Roy
  • Valentine Ike
  • Gunnthra
  • Naga
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Valentine Soren
  • Duma
  • Legendary Robin

Okay, all my orbs will be saved for this (all in on red until Valentine Ike, though almost everything on here looks like stuff I want.) I must not spend any more; I already spent too much getting Dimitri. >_< Do not spend on this next banner, do not spend on this next banner...

Edit:

Looks like the upcoming banner will be

Red: Bathtime Elise, Legendary Ike, Legendary Roy

Blue: Mythic Naga, Legendary Tiki, Legendary Julia (New!)

Green: Valentine's Mist, Legendary Gunnthra, Kaden

Colorless: Bunny Bruno, Legendary Robin, Mythic Duma

I want every one of the green units (not, like "I don't have this and it'd be nice to have it" no. I WANT every one of the green units!) So, I guess I'm pulling green on this...provided I have orbs by then. Currently have 19, heheheh... :')

Edited by Mercakete

So, the rerun schedule is apparently now:

• August: Ike, Roy, Naga, Tiki, Gunnthra, Duma, Robin
  • September: Eliwood, Eirika, Hrid, Ephraim, Yune, Eir
  • October: Ryoma, Sothis, Lucina, Azura, Hector, Alm
  • November: Marth, Fjorm, Lyn

This is odd. October could plausibly have another colorless rerun, but September seems set to go back to only six reruns. Which would be good if true, I think. This was kind of getting out of hand.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

So, the rerun schedule is apparently now:

• August: Ike, Roy, Naga, Tiki, Gunnthra, Duma, Robin
  • September: Eliwood, Eirika, Hrid, Ephraim, Yune, Eir
  • October: Ryoma, Sothis, Lucina, Azura, Hector, Alm
  • November: Marth, Fjorm, Lyn

This is odd. October could plausibly have another colorless rerun, but September seems set to go back to only six reruns. Which would be good if true, I think. This was kind of getting out of hand.

November is a triple re-run on blue with Tiki and Ms Spoiler joining Fjorm. Oh, and Duma too.

EDIT: Copying over my makeshift calendar from the general thread:

J96LS70.png

Edited by Humanoid

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

November is a triple re-run on blue with Tiki and Ms Spoiler joining Fjorm. Oh, and Duma too.

EDIT: Copying over my makeshift calendar from the general thread:

Hide contents

J96LS70.png

Huh, was there another leak?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Huh, was there another leak?

It was just hidden in the comments of the original leak - part of the usual "when these heroes will appear next" bit of the announcement.

Source

Edited by Humanoid