Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things got a lot busier on the battlefield. It made Gabriela a bit frightened. She charged forward, but didn't quite know what to do.

Gabriela flies to (7,18)

With Asami dancing for her, she saw a lot of enemies around. Instead of confronting them head-on, Gabriela decided to hide somewhere to give moral support to her allies by cheering them on. That should get their blood pumping!

Gabriela heads to 4,17

Marina gave a small nod in response to Xalrei before she charged ahead. It wouldn't hurt for Marina to not consistently worry about everyone else, and worry about herself, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Instead, she went ahead and scouted out the field.

Agni charged ahead as well, admittedly surprised by her consort's sudden spark of momentum. Deciding that right now, she herself moving forward to much would prove dangerous, she took cover, and awaited to see how things would continue playing out.

Marina practices caution and moves to 9,20

"Alright... L-Look, I don't wanna kill you guys, but I'm, not gonna just stand here and die!"

Taliyah moves to 4,14 and tries to bash the myrm with the flat of her axe!
A hit for 10
He swings back!
Ouch! 4 damage!
She goes for the finish!
"A-And stay down! Please!"
Tailyah gains +34 EXP, +6 axe WEXP!

Marina looked to be fine, with Agni advancing... Time to see if their new friend needed some care. Approaching the wagon, the zombie seemed to have take quite the slash, though it wasn't bleeding... To be expected. "From one undead to another, I hope your body manages to stay together. Here."

Lavinia to 7,15, heal that wagon!
Jade HP max, Lavinia gains +11 EXP, +2 staff WEXP!

"Mine has its own issues, so I certainly know how you feel."

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Wait... you're?" Jade was confused. One of the humans of the group claimed not to be one, after having put themselves in a dangerous position to heal her. While the merchant certainly wasn't complaining, she was understandably at a bit of a loss.

"Climb on up, you're overexposed," were her official words on the matter, but truth be told, she was mostly just curious. Leaning down the side, she offered an arm, ready to pull. "Won't take us too far, don't worry."

Jade Trade Ness's Fire for Ness's Thunder, Rescues Lavinia, moves to 7,17

"Oh? I suppose I am... Alright then." Lavinia hopped on board as the wagon driver wheeled them a bit away, forming a sort of defensive line. "And, I am, yes... Why do you think I'm so covered? A pleasure to meet you, miss. I'm a vampire~ Need to stay safe, with death one layer of clothing away." A smirk from Lavinia, either this woman had simply managed not to meet one before, or she was... New, to this monster business. Most zombies were. They didn't last very long, or they went feral, so she was recent, or lucky.

Enemy Phase/Turn 2!

"He's alone! Surround him!"
A whole gaggle of goons charges Agni!
The Deserter with a knife is first!
That'll leave a mark! 10 damage!
Agni counters!
8 damage!
Another!
8 more damage!
Agni gains +11 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!

The longbowman wants a piece!
A miss!

The lizardman comes next!
Agni dodging death's door!
He attacks back!
:83:,47
A hit, barely!

5 damage!
Doublecast!
6 damage!
Agni gains +11 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!

The mage tries his hand!
A mistake!
Agni makes him regret it!
9 damage!
Doublecast!
10 damage!
Agni gets himself +10 EXP, +2 more dark WEXP!

The lizardman archer takes a shot at Jade!
Hit! 7 damage!
She fires back!
6 damage!
He fires again!
He missed!
+1 gun WEXP for jade!

"Die, you worthless general!"
A deserter pulls a magic cutting knife, and charges Nessraya!
12 damage to the general!
She brings thunder down upon him!
It can't miss!
He's toast! Incredibly!
Lifetaker heals her back to full!
Nessraya gains +13 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!

One of the lizardmen charges the dragon!
Taliyah meanwhile, "Whoa! An honest to goodness dragon! That's so cool-- Wah! Watch out!"
He swings!
A hit!
9 damage!
She's UNIMPRESSED!
First swing, 36,28
14 damage!
Second, 97,3
A crit!
42 damage!
He dies!
Xalrei gains +34 exp, +3 lance wexp!
Xalrei levels up!
HP, Spd!

"N... Nice, stabs there... D-Dragon girlie... Haha. Let's, get along, yeah?"

Player Phase/Turn 3!

b846uSX.png

Stats!

Jade shrugged a bit, "Thick cloaks and hoods aren't exactly an uncommon style of dress for some archers or huntsmen, helps them blend into the undergrowth or other cover, I guess? ...Though, probably not ideal for this time of day... in this weather... and certainly not with such heavy armor as well, now that I get a closer look at you." The merchant had by this point rested the reins on her lap and leaned down and a bit closer to the vampire to see more clearly; it was definitely less risky than asking the woman to move anything aside to get that better look, not when it could possibly let the sun reach where it wasn't supposed to. Being at this distance, the smell of cloves and bergamot was sure to reach the vampire, mixed in with that of tobacco of course, ...and something a little deeper beneath the surface. Something almost, but not quite, akin to the scent of a spring morning after a heavy rain.

"I saw the other two humans, and then the rest, more obvious than you with their wings or their scales or their tails or whatnot, and well. Wasn't sure exactly what to think, I guess." There was a slightly sheepish looking grin on Jade's face as she gave her excuses. But then, without dwelling on it too long, she moved on, rather abrubtly. "Persyn. Jade Persyn. So you won't have to call me 'Miss'."

The merchant was in the process of extending a hand to shake when an arrow caught her in the back of the shoulder. "Rude!" she exclaimed with surprise, turning to face the combat again and redirecting the offered hand to reach around and snap off the shaft close to the skin, leaving the head buried inside her. "Well, looks like more talk will have to wait till later, just... You probably don't need to worry about healing me unless it gets really bad. Not that I don't appreciate it, I do, but, I'm pretty sturdy."

Then a fey expression swept across Jade's face, her usually muddy eyes darkening even deeper, and she--almost reluctantly--added, "And if it does get that bad, you... probably won't want to be around me. Fair warning."

"It's fine, Jade." A name was good, enough to tell the zombie still held most of her faculties. She hadn't gone feral, then... Not... Completely, anyway. She seemed quite familiar with what could go wrong... An attack, maybe? Lavinia had seen feral zombies, little more than actual monsters, craving a hunger that they couldn't overcome. Was Jade going to end up that way? Only time would tell. "Worry not, Ms. Persyn. If it comes to that, I'll hold you down myself. I do pride myself on my strength. And if you take a bite out of me... Well, I'm used to getting into that sort of trouble. It's not a problem!" With a cocky smirk, and a heave, Lavinia hopped off the wagon, ready for another round with these scum!

Back into the fray, Lavinia to 9,18, shoots at the mage!
A hit!
17 damage, he goes down!
Lavinia gains +24 EXP, +2 bow WEXP!

"Lavinia, instead of showing off, please heal our wounded~"

Asami to 8,18, dance Lavinia! +10 EXP!

"Oh, please, I'm helping... Alright, stand still Agni!"

Lavinia to 9,19, Heal Agni! +11 exp!
Lavinia levels!
+HP/Mag/Lck/Def/Res

All things considered, things were going well. Good, this should be over soon. Thanks to Lavinia, Marina also didn't have to be as worried for Agni as earlier. She even helped clear out the oncoming patch of enemies they were facing. Being locked into a pincer wouldn't have been a fun thing to get out of. Almost there, come on Marina.

Running past Lavinia, she moved to engage the lizardman with the axe.

Marina's drive pushes her forward! 9,18 to Iron Sword the Axe Lizard!

"You have to try much harder to keep up with a Knight Captain of Coteon, soldiers!" Agni dodged and weaved through his assailants, though still suffering a stab to his torso --he'd remember that--.

"Ah... thank you, Lavinia. That was needed." With the vampire's healing magic doing its work, Agni adjusted his postured and eyed the cheeky deserter who'd managed to tear at his uniform. "Too late for your ilk. Consider having some pride in your next life."

Agni sidesteps to (10,18), and casts a helping of dark flux towards the deserted armed with a dagger. 

Edited by Xinnidy

"Of course, Agni... Wouldn't want to see you getting hurt." He certainly had an ego on him, didn't he... Too late for their ilk, was it? She couldn't help a smirk.

And Agni can't help but kill!
That's a crit! 24 damage!
Down goes the deserter!
+37 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!

"Hokay... Just, a few more! W-Watch yourself!"
Taliyah moves to 4,11, swings at the gunner!
12 damage!
He furiously loads, and tries to fire!
Into the sky goes that bullet!
"Go down!"
A crit! 36 damage!
"A-Ah, oh... Oh no, uh... I, I ki-killed someone...!"
+34 exp, +6 axe WEXP!

Rage. If there was one emotion emanating from this singular nexus of power, it was rage. Pure, unbridled rage ... no, quiet and impotent rage. The days of wielding unfathomable power were long gone, and what was left at the center of this once great weapon was a mere shadow. The breach at its center remained unhealed. Its strength was withering. Its voice was gone. Its shape was immutable. Its scarce energies were silent. All that was left was a torturous knowing, a knowing that all it would take to reinvigorate the nexus was a single life. Just one life could rekindle the flame. Just one out of the ten, no twelve ... fifteen? ... ... .... There were at least twenty of them, including one who was so close that they seemed all but connected to the nexus. This one and their tenuous connection weren't enough. Someone attempting to wield this terrible weapon as such could provide only a little energy that way. Still, where there was a wielder, there was hope ...

By the time the werewolf had roared it's battlecry, the deserter was already upon her, knife drawn. Normally this wouldn't have been too much of an issue... he was too close to properly evade, but she could defend her vitals at the very least and finish him off.

Normally. As soon as the blade bit into Nessraya's side, it was immediately apparent something was wrong. She could feel a sharp pain ravage her frame, and along with the blood escaping her came what could be best described as a geyser of magic seeping from her wound. 

"Urgh..." She groaned in agony, as she finally managed to visually catch the blade, her attention snapping to it. An anti-magic weapon... curses. Immediately lunging at the werewolf's throat, Nessraya's hand caught it in the mouth instead, the monster's jaws crushing down on the bones in her fingers as he readied another stab. Biting through the searing pain, Nessraya hurled a blast of thunder down the werewolf's gullet, immediately siphoning the life force out of him through the mouth. As the monster's body began to wither and dry up from the inside out, Nessraya's wound slowly healed, both the bleeding and magic loss ceasing after a few moments, leaving the succubus shuddering on the ground for a few moments.

"I hate those damn things..." She eventually muttered, wiping the gathered sweat off of her brow. Pocketing the blasted dagger so no one else could grab it and have any bright ideas, She managed to get back into the battle without too much time lost... and now she was just angry. Approaching a lizardman archer, she lobbed another blast of thunder with little fanfare.

"Die now, please."

Nessraya to 8,16 and make crispy Bow Lizard 1 bits with THUNDER

Edited by Ether

Two down and only a single hit on me. Xalrei grinned, relieved that her sorry performance last night hadn't entirely been her lack of skill. Though, considering the dead men at her feet, that grin probably looked far more malicious than she intended. While she was much calmer than she had been the night prior, she was arguably just as vicious towards her enemies as before. Even if they were fellow monsters she wasn't going to hold back when she was fighting for her life. That may have spooked the half-lizard... Not an insult. The half-dragon needed to remind herself before she riled herself up over her own words.

Great, the girl was still green. Why the hell was she throwing herself at the enemy then? Xalrei noticed the lizardman lancer sneaking through the words, moving to intercept before Taliyah bit off more than she could chew. She took the girl's back as she drew her own axe, applying some of her medicine on her wounds. "It's Xalrei, by the way. Now watch yourself, here they come!"

3,11, equip iron axe, vuln up.

Edited by Ursali

Well, the vampire was off, and it looked like she and the humans probably had think in that sector under control. Jade swung her gaze to the other end of the field.

Black wings? And feathery, not leathery? Okay, that got her attention.

Jade to 5, 14

Trundling the wagon over his direction, Jade called out as she pulled up nearby. "Heeey, are you..." Oh, mouth was a little quicker than the brain there. Can't just ask a fallen angel? Like, out of the blue, just disbelieving or calling someone's heritage out? She'd hate it if it were done to her. Can't just ask really travelling with humans that was obvious, and this really wasn't the time.

"...at all familiar with Nightmares? They've been a little skittish during the battle, hoping to get them calmed down." A white lie. This was fine.

Edited by Balcerzak

Enemy Phase/Turn 3!

"Enough of this!"

Carnax casts Afterburner and charges after the group!

The remaining human fires at Agni! There's no way he can hit--
WOW!
11 damage!

The lizard wielding a sword charges after Taliyah! "Die, girlie!"
7 damage!
"Ahh! S-Stay away!"
She swings back!
A miss!
Once more!
12 damage!
+11 EXP, +2 axe WEXP!

The other archer takes fire on Jade!
A miss!
A bullet comes flying as a reply!
Golly!
Another arrow!
GEEZ!
1 gun WEXP for Jade!

A lance comes for Xalrei!
WOW!
She returns with two swings!
Clean hits!
26 damage!
+10 EXP, +2 axe WEXP!

Player Phase/Turn 4!

t5hkbTO.png

Stats!

Bladen jumped slightly as the merchant suddenly moved close to him and then started asking him questions. Didn't she realize there was a battle going on? Not... that he had been exactly active so far this battle. Maybe that's why she was pestering him, thinking he wasn't really fighting... Right, question. "Uh... I mean, I've heard of them. But I don't really need to use horses, since I can fly and all. But uh... I can try? If you want? Not sure I'm the best choice for that though." He glanced nervously at the nightmares. They were going to try to bite his hand off, weren't they...