Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

"Cianna...? ... Oh! Ahah. I get it. Right, Cianna." Taliyah nodded and gave Marina a thumbs up. If Xalrei was fine with it... Why wouldn't she be? "It's fine, right, Xalrei?" Before the dragon could answer... It seemed they had a few more parties that wanted to chum along. Nessraya, the general... And the siren had started bothering her now. "Whaaaa..." This was just going to be a little trip to an armory to sell a gemstone. It had become this popular...? "Well, I... I don't see a problem with things... B-But... Xalrei...?"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade had no pressing other business, having been quite recently in Aensbrook. Visiting other vendors would be mostly pointless, she'd done most of her exchanging of goods and coin already. So there was absolutely nothing holding her back from following up on Lavinia's request. 

Well, nothing save the surprise spending money Asami had passed out, but that had no pressing deadline. Maybe she'd find something fun to do with it, or maybe she'd put it under the seat and squirrel it away for when they reached somewhere new.

"Lead on, if you will," the zombie chuckled a little, "Though I think I remember the way well enough." It wasn't the only option in town, but its stables were among the nicest, and while her 'mares weren't drama queens, she did make sure they were treated well whenever possible. Keeping up good will was important. And spending more time with the vampire was far from objectionable.

There was an ounce of worry bothering Agni... not that the Nightmares were upset at him. In fact, helping Jade had gone well, not that he particularly wanted to make friends with the mares... but it was better than being enemies, for sure. Agni digressed. The issue was not within the group, but with the civilization they were approaching.

Marina's new attire during their trip had made it clear that they'd be less than welcome when showing ties to Coteon. Agni removed his badge, but his attire was hardly standard for a traveler. His hat had to go... but he lacked a proper change of clothes like Marina surprisingly did.

"Until later, is it... I suppose it'll give me enough time to familiarize with this village." Nothing better to do than scout the villages. Agni had left the wagon promptly, scanning the building for anything of interest before turning back. ...Marina seemed occupied with some of the monsters. They'd probably head to the town in a group. That was a good idea, but Agni had other priorities in mind.

To the west end, there was a storefront that suited his interests. A tailor. Deciding a farewell was not needed (as they'd meet again soon enough), Agni walked his own way, eyes fixated on the cloth at display on the storefront. He wasted no time walking in, though his movements did not denote any particular haste. A chime rang as the door was pushed, whisking his attention for the briefest of moments before his usual gaze met eyes with the storeowner --or at least, the person in charge, behind the counters--.

"Greetings." Agni's voice was calm, a hush shy of monotone, his boots hit the wooden floor satisfyingly as he walked over in long steps. "Could you point me towards the men's clothes. I plan to be on the road for a while."

Seeing Taliyah's beaming smile, Xalrei couldn't help but smile back at the girl. She could feel some of the clouds hanging over her head begin to clear away, the little lizardgirl's enthusiasm rubbing off on her. She didn't even mind Taliyah extending her invitation to Marina. Well, she didn't until Marina --now temporarily Cianna-- felt the need to ask for her permission to come along. She stopped smiling and just stared at the hero, utterly bewildered by the thought process behind her request. "Why wouldn't I be?"

And now Nessraya and Gabriela seemed to be trying to tag along as well. How had Taliyah asking her to browse around some shops turned into whatever it was now? She'd agreed to hangout with Taliyah, not half of the group. She sighed, annoyed. "They can come if they want." How ridiculous. Plus 1s weren't supposed to get plus 1s.

Edited by Ursali

So Nessraya was willing to come along as well. Admittedly, would be a lot more comforting, and maybe if Gabriela joined us as well... She can finally really converse with her too. Maybe travelling town wouldn't be too bad. Marina briefly felt safe, and genuinely joyed.

Then came Xalrei's reply. Of course she would just give her that look again. Why wouldn't you be? You... Marina sighed, shaking her head, "N-Nothing. Forget it. Thank you," her voice humbled out, soft in tone. Less cheerful than previously, but her feeling of joy was still there. If anything, it seemed that Taliyah really did bleed that positive energy, cause it helped Marina not worry about what was happening around her as much as normal.

Marina did happen to catch Agni walking off to do his own thing. She felt a bit bad just letting him leave on his own, but it gave her a chance to wander around without him being there. Even with her needing to buddy up with someone for her safety, this would be the first time someone wasn't sheltering her in this world. Not the way she wanted, but it was better than nothing.

"How about it then, Gabriella? It seems we have a little group going on a little walk about town... seems like an excellent chance for us all to get to know eachother better, don't you think?" Nessraya replied, addressing the siren as things seemed to mostly be finalized. More importantly, it would let her keep an eye on Taliyah and Marina... Agni had wandered off which wasn't a good thing, but the man would have just wandered faster if she tried to track him down... so long as he didn't start anything...

So, this turned into a nice group outing? Well, it would be a good chance to get to know everyone, so why not? "Indeed, let's have some fun." Gabriela gave one of her signature smiles. Agni seemingly went off on his own..... Gabriela would get a hold on him later, as he seemingly is becoming more and more... Irresistable. For a mere human, that is. He reminds her a lot of her childhood crush... Ah, the good old days. Getting to know Marina would be quite a treat. It would help her find out what everyone sees in this seemingly weak pile of anxiety.

Agni was going off on his own, was he? A bit disappointing... But Jade was quickly becoming quite good company, so Lavinia was content. "Off we go, then. Stay out of trouble, Cianna." With a smirk, the vampire lead their wagon off in search of proper lodgings.

Taliyah, meanwhile, was shocked to see how many people had decided to come along on this little venture. It left her at a loss for words, before she finally managed a quick and hurried "let's go!", and headed off towards the armory...

Agni was met with... A rather scared looking clerk, attending the counter in her store. As soon as he'd stepped in, she'd looked for any signs of ears, a tail, anything... And with nothing, there was only one conclusion. "Wh... What... What do you want, w-with me?" With the hero running a swath through Vaia, there were very little humans in the northern end of the country... Very little that weren't trying to cause trouble. "P-Please, just... Just, don't, hurt me. I'll do whatever you want..." Whatever this one was here for, it could only spell trouble.

The armory, quite simply labeled, 'The Armory', sat near the edge of the town, unassuming and simple, but with cleanly forged weapons sitting out front, and a well kept storefront. Inside, it was warm and smelled lightly of smoke, a gently heat emanating from the back. The forge must've been in use. Taliyah stepped in first, waiting at the counter... Before noticing a little bell, giving it a press. The jingling was met with a small clang, a clatter, and a rushed dwarf stumbling out front, face blackened with soot. Taking off his goggles, some comical rings of fresh skin present now, he squinted at the lizard at the counter... Or at least, what he thought, was one?

"Wha'd'ya want?"

"Er... Uh, sorry, just..." With a moment of hesitation, she pressed the gem onto the counter, the gruff fellow approaching to examine it. "Just wanted to sell, this..."

"Hrrr... I see... What's a... Halfbreed like you gonna do with the money."

"I... Th-That's, none of your business..."

The rest of the store was covered wall to wall with weapons, iron and steel forged, pristine in condition, and a barrel with the scrapped ones in the corner. A small sign, 'take 'em', was nailed above it. Clearly this dwarf didn't want to bother with poor attempts.

The Old Moon Inn had quickly come into view, Lavinia sighing with a smile, stopping near the door. "I'm going to head inside, Jade. Go and speak with the hand handling the stables, and hopefully your nightmares can get some proper rest and care." With a content smirk at the zombie, Lavinia stuck her head inside, quickly removing her hood and letting her hair free. Even if she didn't get warm, it was still getting a bit stuffy in that cloak.

"Hello? Oh, a vampire! My, how surprising." A tail wagged behind the reception desk, glasses gently resting on the face of a seemingly young man, smiling wide. "It's quite rare to see your kind about during the day, miss. What can I help you with today?"

"What a kind reception... Yes, rooms for... Eleven, I believe? If you have the space. We can double up rooms, if you don't." Lavinia fetched a coin purse to pay the requisite gold, the wolfman opening a ledger and fetching a quill. 

"Thank you for offering... We wouldn't be able to fit eleven rooms at the moment, but six should be feasible... Your name, miss?"

"Ah, Lavinia Vasilia. I'll write down the group we're traveling with... There are... Two humans in it. Is that a problem, at the moment?"

The quill stopped, and a glance met Lavinia, but it was only held a small moment. "No... So long as they stay out of trouble. The townsfolk are... Worried, but, we have been spared so far. It should be fine, miss Vasilia."

"Wonderful... My zombie friend is having her mares set up in your stables. She should be the first to slip by, one Jade Persyn."

"Ah! Miss Persyn, she stopped here just recently. Meeting with old friends, is she?"

Lavinia was puzzled by the question, but, Jade had to have come through here alone before, so to be saddled with a group on her way back would've been curious. "Right, not quite... We helped save her from a roaming group of bandits. Now we're traveling together, as our wagon was lost."

"My, my... What an exciting little adventure. I shall be sure to great her as courteously as I can~"

"You have my thanks, Sir...?"

"Ah! My apologies. Geoffrey Sterg, miss Vasilia. At your service, so long as you are our patrons."

"Well met."

"Hello? Eugene? Are you there?" Erephis gently knocked against an unassuming house's door, receiving no answer... Reaching her torso over to a window, she spotted no one inside, either. "Well... I-It shouldn't be a problem." The door wasn't locked, either... Erephis slipped her way inside and quickly made for one of the shelves, book in mind already in hand. Setting it down on a desk and fetching that vial out of her cloak, she began to parse the pages, looking for a quick answer...

Bladen had remained perched on the top of the wagon, not feeling like joining in the group headed out to shop, chasing after Agni, and certainly not up to snooping after Asami. No, best for now to just stay where he was. As the wagon pulled up to the inn, he stayed up there for a few long seconds before jumping down with a single flap of his wings, and ducking into the inn with a small wave to Jade. Coming up behind Lavinia just in time to catch the innkeeper's name, he cut in to the brief lull in their discussion.

"Excuse me, Mister Sterg, I was wondering if you could perhaps direct me to the sauna? All this travel on the road," along with a certain fox... "has left me quite sore and tense and I was hoping I could get rid of a bit of that at least." He smiled and then shook his head at his own mistake. "Ah, sorry, I'm being rude. My name is Bladen. Bladen Eloy, a pleasure to meet you. Your establishment looks very well kept, I must say."

This had been the first time Marina had really seen an armory. She was admittedly engrossed in the look, the smell, it was a very different feeling. Gazing around at the weapons, she was stopped, as she focused on the dwarf and Taliyah, her ear hooking onto the term of 'halfbreed', and the way it was spoken.

Marina wanted to intervene, but she realized her own position. She wouldn't be looked at too kindly here either as a fullblood human. Especially so if her identity got out. Instead, she at least kept a bit of focus on the front to make sure she wouldn't have to step in. Walking over, she examined the barrel of weapons. 'Take 'em', huh? As she started to sort through, and look through the barrel. She could tell just by the look of the barrel and how things were thrown in here that they weren't as high quality as the stuff on the walls, but she couldn't just not try and find something that'd catch her eye.

Despite being fully aware of the barrel being full of faulty weapons, she thought being human could potentially take some of the pressure off Taliyah. "Excuse me, sir... What are all these weapons, here?" Feel cruddy for a minute, maybe it'll be worth it... God Marina, please be worth it...

Wait, halfbreed? Taliyah? Call her naive, but Xalrei had mistaken her for a dragonewt after she thought she had mistaken the girl for a lizardman. She could feel the angry, the hateful, part of herself telling her to be like the dwarf and shun Taliyah for daring to be part human. For something she couldn't control. Her claws balled into fists as she approached the counter, moving on instinct but definitely going in half-baked, as usual. A few steps behind Taliyah now, she hesitated, unsure about what she was going to do.

She'd hesitated only for a moment, but that was more than enough time for Marina to butt into the conversation. As foolish as Xalrei thought it was for Marina to make herself a target --you needed to crush behavior like that underfoot, not let it spread-- it settled her course of action for her; if Marina, a human, could be decent to Taliyah then so could she. She finally stepped up to the counter and put a reassuring claw on Taliyah's shoulder, glaring down at the dwarf.

"She'll do whatever she damn well pleases to. You got a problem with that?"

Dorian sat in the lobby of the Old Moon Inn, seemingly reading a small novel. In reality, he was watching the door, waiting for the little miss to come rushing in. Though he was supposed to be undercover, be 'blending in' as Laselia had put it, he was nearly impossible to miss to anyone who bothered to look around the lobby. The polish of his brassware, the crispness of his black suit, and spotlessness of his white gloves certainly made him look out of place; who in Aensbrook even needed the services of a butler? Laselia had told him to dress more appropriately, of course, so he'd listened. For their time on the road, anyway. She was out in the village proper now, hunting for Xalrei, so he was free to dress as he pleased until she returned.

As the door opened Dorian hid behind his book as best he could. That cloaked figure, could it be- Before he could even finish the thought, the owner revealed themselves. Not the little miss, but someone almost as interesting. So, Lavinia is part of Xalrei's little group then? Interesting. She was quickly joined by someone else, a black-winged youth. That was the Fallen of the group? He looked awfully young to have left the nest, so to speak. Just what had happened for him to be traipsing about the Vaian countryside? Curious as it was, it wasn't his business. He rose with a shrug, storing his 'cover' in his coat's inner pocket. The click of his boots was nearly inaudible as he approached the two at the counter.

"Hello Lavinia, it's been far too long since we last saw each other." He accentuated his greeting with a bow. When he rose back to his full height he was wearing a knowing smile. "What brings you to Aensbrook on this fine day?"

Oh dear... and this is exactly why Nessraya had wanted to keep an eye on this little excursion. With both Taliyah and Marina in tow... and Xalrei the type prone to getting heated, this sort of outcome had been highly likely from the start.

"Now now, let us all calm down for a moment, hmm? Surely our little friend's birth doesn't diminish the value of the goods she is trying to sell, no?" Nessraya chipped in, tail gently wrapping around Xalrei's wrist and giving it a light tug opposite the shopkeep... they would not be run out of town for engaging in fisticuffs with the shop owners if she had anything to say about it.

"What I want are men's clothings. Do not make this harder than it has to be, woman." Agni let out a sigh in disappointment, he had hoped one's will to make money would overcome whatever oddity his presence meant, but clearly that wasn't the case. The clerk was rattled, rather than just confused, so the fear of humans was definitely commonplace around these parts.

Agni procured a small pouch of currency from his belt, raised in hand, the point he was trying to make should be clear enough from the rustling noise of coins inside. "I'm a customer. I'd ask you to at least put a front that you're not deathly afraid, and help me out a little, or I'll just buy from someone else." A good merchant should clearly put their business in mind a bit more... it was good room to berate while Agni let go of the bothersome feeling of inhospitality. "Coats for traveling, hooded preferred. Casual wear that does not call too much attention, a hat, and some shoes perhaps." Listing off the items, Agni places his pouch on the counter. "Do you have these?"

So he wasn't here to ruin her store... But he was going to berate her, instead? "Not my fault your kind decided it was time to kill us all..." With a scowl and some courage, now that Agni had made it clear he was here to shop, she sighed. At this distance, Agni could pick out that she was an elf, not much odd to her aside from sharp ears, and perhaps a bit too much height for a normal human. Blonde hair done up in a bun, green eyes, freckles, a green dress with a white apron on top. The very picture of country clerk. "Look here then, human. I'll sell you what you want, because your coin is good, but let me teach you a lesson about parading around Vaia." Finger out, she left her desk, heading towards his first request. Taking several coats off the rack, close to his size, she laid them on the counter. "No one here is going to like you, so get used to it. That damn hero and that church, calling us 'demons', and creatures from Hel, hogwash and foolishness! Do I look like I could demonize anything? All I can do is talk someone's ear off. How terrifying."

With a heavy huff, she fetched several tunics from the shelves, and basic sown string trousers, setting them with the coats. "So don't come in here and get on MY case for being worried! The last humans that came through here nearly demolished the bar, PARDON my worries, oh gracious lord." A heavy eye roll accompanied her travel to the hats, fetching one with little accoutrements, setting that atop the pile. "And before you decide my lecture is worth denying me business... You're lucky my first reaction was fear. If this was the armory, Dulhaven might've run you through on sight. Count your blessings!" She accentuated her point with a heavy scowl in his direction, and the slamming of shoes next to his pile. "Fifty gold for all of it. Pay up, or get out, you snob." A final huff was tossed at him, arms crossed. "At least you're cute..."

"Er... Well, mister Eloy, will you be staying with..."

"Ah, yes. Bladen is in our company, Geoffrey." Lavinia addressed the momentary confusion before she was accosted by a familiar face, albeit terribly confusing why said face was here. "Dorian?" Just what exactly was he doing here? This must have been something about Xalrei, then... "Come with me." Taking the werewolf by the arm, Lavinia pulled him away from Geoffrey's new dealing with Bladen.

"This is wonderful to hear!" Taking a moment with a wide smile, Geoffrey opened his ledger and added Bladen's name to Lavinia's company, reaching below the desk for a key to one of the rooms. "To keep you informed, mister Eloy, miss Vasilia has purchased six rooms, for your company of eleven, as I was told. I shall leave the sharing arrangements to you, but here is the key to one of them, as you are the first to arrive~" Holding the small metal piece out, Geoffrey nodded for him to take it. "Second floor, room twelve, at the end. As for the saunas, there is a hut out back, past the public bathing area. Small log cabin, completely sealed. You will need this key to access it, as all our room keys are used for entry into our offered areas. Take care not to spend too much time inside, for your health."

"It is a problem, little dragon! Bringin' this mess in with ya, and now yer stickin' up for 'er? Hel, what's the country comin' to--" The dwarf was cut off by Marina... And his eyes went wide with anger and fear. "A human!?" Before any further words, he'd taken steps back, a sword in his hands. "Alrigh', what kinda joke is this? Bringin' a damned halfbreed and a HUMAN into my fine establishment, are ye tryin' t'kill an old dwarf!?" At least the next to speak was someone he recognized... Respected, even. But... it was just another shock for the pile. "What in the bloody blue blazes...?"

He let the sword drop and collapsed against the wall behind his desk, staring in disbelief. "Right... G-General, by Tharasonis' bones, what're you doin' in... Hoi, meloi..." As the dwarf seemed to be having some sort of existential crisis, he stepped forward and snatched the gem from Taliyah, flipping his goggles back down and beginning to inspect it. "Aye... Aye the gem's good. I'll get ye one thousand gold, don't make no fuss further... And you, human," he nearly shuddered speaking, pocketing the gem and walking to his personal safe. "That's all scrap. Take what ye want. Geezum, crow, what've I gotten me'self into..." A sack was procured, and heavily placed on the counter. Opening it, ten large gold coins fell out, leaving Taliyah gasping.

"This be what yer wantin', aye? Thousand gold's worth o' grand coins, take 'em an' give me no trouble. Please... General, I don't know what yer doin', traipsin' 'bout with humans and a... Half lizard. Nor you, miss dragon... But ye'd best be careful t'do the talkin' first. That's all I'll warn ye." With enough surprise to fill a year, the dwarf fell back into a chair placed behind the desk, sighing heavily. Fidgeting into a box on a small shelf next to it, he pulled out a pipe and went about setting it up.

"Wow... A-All... All this is mine?" Taliyah looked at Xalrei and then Nessraya, unsure if she should actually take it... It was beautiful, she'd never been given that much money, for anything. "R-Really...?"

Having pulled Dorian away from the two enough to speak in silence, Lavinia linked arms with him and pulled him close, making sure she was whispering. "We're traveling with the hero to put an end to this encroaching civil war... We managed to turn her around through her guilt, as much as it pains me. Which means, Ithraxl is next on the list. So... If you're here, it must be something to do with Xalrei. And if that's the case... Where's Laselia?"

A shadow had been stalking the group since they'd left the wagon, following after them, staying just out of sight, not making a sound. Now, spotting them head into the little armory... The shadow crept up to the door, listening to the proceeding talks, argument, realizations, everything... "There you are, my pretty little dragon..." Without a sound, without even a creak of wood, this shadow slipped into the establishment, coming up behind Xalrei.

"Wow... A-All... All this is mine?" Taliyah looked at Xalrei and then Nessraya, unsure if she should actually take it... It was beautiful, she'd never been given that much money, for anything. "R-Really...?"

"And you... Are mine!" Arms flew out towards Xalrei-- "Xalrei! My darling, mommy's missed you!"

"Bwagh!?" Taliyah grabbed the bag and flinched away in surprise, nearly tumbling over. A lamia... A naga? A naga, her tail was short, had come out of nowhere, assaulted Xalrei with a tight hug, and claimed to be her mother!? "Wh-What's, what, huh!?"

Wow, Nessraya certainly had a lot of influence everywhere, she made the shopkeeper shut up. THAT's impressive. She even made him accept the deal. As he should. You can't be picky when it comes to where money comes from. Gabriela has more than enough experience on that front. It was good to see Taliyah so happy though. Until earlier, she was a crying ball of anxiety, not much unlike Marina. She wanted to go over to them, when the sudden appearance of what looked like a Naga hugged Xalrei. She claimed to be the mother of Xalrei. So that would mean Xalrei is from here, right? How surprising! Thinking about it, Gabriela had been making fun of Xalrei a little bit.... she wouldn't tell her mother, would she? That would be... problematic. Gabriela walked back and stood behind Nessraya, hoping that things would be alright.

"Mmm... I can't say too much, confidentiality and all that, but I assure you, good Sir, that I am here on business from the King. Business that both of these ladies are involved with." Nessraya replied, giving the dwarf an apologetic smile... this could have gone badly indeed, she could only hope that the shock hadn't shortened the poor smith's lifespan any. Hopefully it would quell his worries some. Of course, there was little time to dwell on that, with a sudden new commotion rearing it's head. Turning towards Xalrei, the scene was partway familiar, partway not. On the one hand, they had been ambushed by yet another serpentine woman, but this particular ambush was far less... violent than the last one. And Nessraya couldn't say that this sort of behavior from this particular face was... particularly expected.

"My my, Laselia. I have to say, this is quite different from how you would typically carry yourself... I had heard that you tended to dote on the young dragon, but to see it with my own eyes remains... rather surprising."

Marina calmly watched as Xalrei approached. An approach she expected Xalrei to do, but what caught her off guard was the shopkeeper, when the two locked eyes. Seeing the emotion just from the face alone was enough to fill up Marina with guilt. Much more so when she saw him go for his sword. She wasn't ready for a fight, not again, she just wanted one day, What did this dwarf; who seems like he'd seen more action than the years Marina has been alive, expect from her to do?

Thankfully, there was no need for any aggressive action, as Nessraya quickly ended the tension before it started. Well, it was still there, but no fighting should be occurring. She gave a small nod to the shopkeeper's words as she motioned herself back to the barrel. She wanted to look again, but... Not after that. She lost her interest. Marina was aware that demons wouldn't be fond of her just for being a normal girl (and now she was terrified if her identity got out), but... what she witnessed was not what she expected. Taliyah's joy about her money was a nice sight to see, but she knew she wasn't welcome in this building.

Something that did put her on guard was the sudden... Naga(?), Lamia(?)... She'd worry about it later. Marina had almost gone for her sword in a panic, but once again Nessraya was aware of who this one was so she let her guard down. Making her way to the door, she turned to the shopkeeper, giving a bow and apologetic smile of her own, "My apologies. Thank you for your time," Walking towards the door, she pat Nessraya's shoulder, giving a light whisper, "I'll... I'll just wait outside. Sorry for causing trouble..." And out the door she went, just standing outside, planting a hand on her face and giving a sigh.

"It's not their fault..."

It's mine.

Edited by Silver Gallade

"Excuse me?" Taken aback was putting it nicely. Agni couldn't imagine why this elf decided to make things even more unpleasant, but she did --not one to prioritize business, then--. Still, with a shake of his head, Agni decided the best thing was to pretend he didn't hear her chidings. "You know that I know. I don't want to take one more step outside looking like this, because I am not searching for trouble." Honestly, some people... Agni counted the gold before dropping it on the counter, retrieving his pouch and the items he'd bought. "I am here by orders from the Demon King after all... now if you'd excuse me again, where could I change?"

The dwarf's continued mistreatment of Taliyah only aggravated Xalrei further. Her free claw balled into a fist and her glare worsed, her eyes seeming to ignite with anger. Until, that is, the dwarf's attention shifted to Marina and she saw herself in the old smith, right down to his pulling a weapon on Marina. Suddenly she was reminded of what Marina, of what the humans, had done. Her glare faltered as she realized she could more than understand where the dwarf was coming from. Hell, if she hadn't been with Marina the past few days, she probably would've done the same. Had she taken the wrong side? Had she let herself be blinded by the hero?

One look at Taliyah's face full of wonder was all it took to dispel those thoughts. It was clear to her that, this time, she had made the right choice; however, what would be the right choice moving forward?

Dorian's featured loosened with surprise as Lavinia explained her mission, though he still remembered to whisper. The Hero's actually here? "Oh, I had thought that was fake information." He'd have to make sure that information didn't reach Ralsvelgr if it already hadn't. The previous hero had taken so much from him; if he found out Xalrei was associating with the successor... Well, Dorian didn't want to trouble his master any further.

"Quite right you are. And don't worry, we're not here to whisk her away. Ralsvelgr has simply sent us to make sure she lives through this stunt of hers." As for his partner... "Well, if the little miss isn't here, and she didn't run for the arena, then Laselia should be with her about..." Dorian pulled out his pocket watch as he held the final syllable and waited for a few seconds. "Now."

Things were de-escalating now, entirely thanks to Nessraya, so Xalrei chose to let the dwarf be and instead focused her attention on Taliyah. "Yeah, it's yours. You can--"

Xalrei was cut off by an, unfortunately, familiar voice and an even more, unfortunately, familiar vice-like hug. With all the hubbub that had come from the smith taking issue with Taliyah and Marina, Xalrei had completely forgotten about the assassin that was supposedly shadowing her. And now that she had been reminded it was far too late for escape. That wouldn't stop her from trying, though.

"Sh-Shut up with that! And let me go, Laselia!" On top of the naga already embarrassing her, Laselia's grip wasn't something she could just worm out of. Even with her notable strength, it was taking a lot out of her just to get some give. While she could probably escape once, Xalrei quickly realized Laselia could just as easily grab her again. And, while it hurt her pride to admit it, she'd likely run out of steam long before Laselia would. 

"Rgh! Don't think I'll let you take me back just because you caught me." Though captured, she still had a lot of fire in her blood.

Lavinia had been pulled away, but that might have been for the best. Bladen wasn't exactly looking for company. Instead, he took the offered key with a smile, and nodded. "Thank you, you have been most helpful." A coin replaced the key in Geoffrey's hand and Bladen nodded in goodbye and headed upstairs. Lets see... Room twelve, room twel-ah there we go. The key fit smoothly into the lock and the door swung open revealing a tidy room, certainly more welcoming than the patches of grass that he had gotten used to. Now this is nice. The door shut behind him as he moved to explore the room.

A few minutes later, a towel slung over his shoulder, he walked down the hall, headed for the sauna. He spotted the bathing area, and made a mental note to visit there at some point as well, but for now his only focus was on relaxation. The small wooden cabin spotted, he made his way into the changing area. A few seconds later, towel wrapped around his waist, he made his way into the steam. A happy sigh escaped his lips, steam obscuring his vision, and he settled down onto one of the benches. "This... This I could get used to..." he murmured to himself as he basked in the warmth.

Lavinia had headed indoors, to begin lining up the rooms, while Jade went to handle her equally important half of this business of getting this crew settled in to Aensbrook for the time being. The vampire looked decidedly upbeat, as she stepped under the eaves and pushed through the doorway--out from under the open sky. The zombie couldn't blame her, to be honest. She'd catch up a little later and then they could get down to whatever other business Lavinia may have had in mind. And if there was nothing? Jade could surely think of something else to do, without much trouble at all.

Bringing a hand to her shoulder, she reminded herself she should get around to cutting it open, digging out that arrowhead, and then sewing it back up. It wasn't terribly important, certainly not urgent, but, well, she'd prefer not to just forget that it was in there entirely. It was easier to do self-surgery in the daylight, and better still in the bath, so that was a rapidly rising option in her mind. There were old stitches from past wounds she could probably take out by this point too. Whether Bladen thought this display of hers was weird or not, Jade just smiled, nodded, then removed her hand and returned his wave, as the fallen quickly ducked into the inn hot on Lavinia's heels.

With his having been the only other passenger that hadn't bailed out earlier, that now left the zombie alone. She was used to that, though, and brought the wagon around to park in the proper area and, noticing the head groom was busy tending to another lodger's horse at the moment, Jade instead caught the attention of the stableboy--a short, wirey ratfolk who she remembered as being shy around people, but good with the animals. As he approached it almost seemed like he was trying to gather up courage to say something, probably wanting to ask about a tip? That would be a little silly, he should have remembered she was good for that and not felt the need to broach the subject. Whatever though, cutting him off and pulling out a silver coin from her pouch, Jade rested it on her thumb a moment before launching it spinning into the air. The zombie then deftly caught the flip, and pressed it firmly into his hand while smiling gently. "There you are, Charlie, a Khach Tenth-Mark for your trouble, and if you do right by my girls, there'll be another in it for you when we leave." How long were they staying, actually? Maybe that wouldn't be enough. A slight thoughtful frown crossed her lips and she amended, "Could be more, if we end up lingering here awhile. Regardless, it's yours to spend or save as you see fit. I'll settle up the rest of the account with your master later, once he's finished tending to his other business and I've seen myself refreshed."

While the silver coins from vampire countess's mint were slightly smaller than those native to Vaia, they were a little denser to make up for it, and spent just as well. At least in the north of the continent; some folk in the human lands were a little more wary of taking them as payment. But that wasn't likely to be an issue for the boy and she honestly hoped he appreciated the novelty of the coins more than he might otherwise have if she'd just paid him standard. Jade only half-heard the stableboy's response; it was a routine transaction and there was a lot on her mind. But after handing him the reins and watching him get to work--leading Deep Vermillion and Burnt Umber to a pair of stalls--she gave a little wave and exitted the stables, making her way to the inn proper.

The zombie entered to see Lavinia had stepped aside in the company of a rather impeccably dressed gentleman, and Bladen was just disappearing out of sight up the stairs. Very well. Jade made her way over to the innkeeper, "Ah, Jade Persyn, if you remember me. It was, Master Sterg, wasn't it?" She began, then quickly continued. "An assoc..." no, that felt all too distant. Maybe it was partly wishful thinking, but Jade revised her statement. "A friend should have just been by to check me in, along with several others, while I was seeing to things at the stables."

"Xalrei~" Laselia ignored the squirming, and the gawking faces surrounding her. She was going to get the most out of this hug, and nothing was going to stop her. Not Xalrei, not Nessraya's comments, not confusion... There. That was enough. She let go of the dragon with a sigh and stretched a bit, resting her arms behind her head, staring between everyone present. "As much as I wish I could take you back, Xalrei... That's not what I'm here for. Ralsvelgr has ordered that Dorian and I keep watch on you, to make sure you stay out of trouble. So... Are you staying out of trouble, or does mommy have to ground you? Hmmm?" Hopefully not. While Rals hadn't ordered her to... Were Xalrei to put herself too far into harm's way, Laselia wouldn't hesitate to wrangle the dragoness down, and drag her back forcefully.

Taliyah was getting pretty spooked by all this, and probably wasn't helping the dwarf... So with a ducked head and no further words, she slipped out after Marina. "What's not their fault?" The didn't really get what the girl was talking about, but her face was beaming. "Hey! So, uhm... I-I dunno if you're just, being nice to me because you don't... Or, didn't, know I was half-human, or... Well, for whatever reason, but here!" Taliyah held out one of the coins, smiling wider. "You're leading the party, and, even if I did nab the thing, that's only because you guys were all around here to help. This is a thank you, I suppose..."

Marina gains +100 gold!

"And... Even if it, doesn't last, this is the first time I've had friends! It's just as nice as my mom told me it'd be... So... So even if you guys are messing with me, or, plan to toss me aside if I'm not useful... Thanks for all this. It's been really nice, to have people that care and... And treat me well." Taliyah wasn't fishing for pity, she was still all smiles. To her, that sort of life was normal.

"Oh, isn't it just, Bladen~?" A certain coy voice spoke through the steam, a tail wagging it away enough for them to see each other... That towel was thick enough to do its job, but her legs were still all on display, slipping just a bit closer to the poor bird. Asami had someone managed to make her way into the inn's sauna, giggling at him and smiling. "It's just the thing I needed after all that nonsense with Erephis~ Nessraya helped my mind, but this... Is all for my body~" With a sigh and a lean back, she stretched out a leg, squealing just a little at the muscles tightening. "What a nice place~ So... What made you decide to stop here first~?"

He was still planning on being trouble... Whatever, it wasn't her problem! If he did something stupid and got himself killed, that was his fault. "Fine, whatever, leave your gold on the counter and-- Wait did you just say--!?" The clerk snatched his arm and stopped him, awe, confusion, and a large amount of disbelief resting on her face. "Excuse me? You? A silly little human, working for the Demon King? Spouting lies like that will get you stabbed faster than being human. I bet you don't even know her name! Don't mess with me, human." Letting him go with a huff, she headed behind the counter and began to count her earnings. "Seriously... The Demon King, a human, pfft."

"It isn't," she confirmed with a nod, shaking her head just a bit as he pulled out his watch and began to countdown for Laselia. They wouldn't be seeing her, but Dorian was prim, proper, and always on time. With everything... So if he said so... "Dragon's in trouble, then. Hopefully not the kidnapping kind, we need her strength for this as much as we need everyone else in this small group." If Dorian was here instead of with Laselia, they likely weren't planning on taking Xalrei anywhere. Probably had himself set up here to catch her if she went to the inn first, instead of going out with the group. Nessraya was with them, anyway... Even Laselia couldn't stop her from interfering. Dorian had said it wasn't about whisking her away, but with that naga...

"You may have to find your own way to travel, if this is the case. Horses or a carriage all to yourself, the one we're riding is barely containing Erephis. She managed to catch up to us... Add in another snake? The poor cart would break." Laselia had much less tail than Erephis, but she was still one of their kind, and weighed much more than any two legged humanoid. "If you're just here to watch her... Then, that's fine. I'll leave you both to your devices, help us when you feel it necessary."

"Oh, hello miss Persyn! It's a delight to see you returning to our establishment so soon. Yes, miss Vasilia had remarked that you are in her company, and as such, I entrust this key to you~" With the same motion as for Bladen, Geoffrey held out a small key for Jade to take. "Room eleven," he noted, writing her down as arrived with his free hand. "You're free to make use of any of the facilities... Er, though, again I... Would attempt to avoid too much time in the sauna. This may... My apologies quite in advance, but as a precaution, and as we do not like to pry into the lives of our customers, it is always my duty to warn the effects of zombies and heat. We here, do not know how you became a part of the undead, and as such, since we shall not pry, I must offer this to all of your kind, even the perfectly durable ones. My apologies, I am, very, very sorry." It was similar to the warning he had given when Jade visited before, a refresher should she choose to relax her tired, dead limbs.

"Otherwise, I hope that you find your room sizeable, your bed comfortable, and the baths pleasant. Dinner will be served just past six, for any of your group interested. Buffet style, take what you wish~" With that all said, he returned to bookkeeping, hoping Jade wouldn't have been too offended by his remarks-- "Oh! I almost forgot! Miss Vasilia has simply gone down the hall to speak with someone, if you wish to find her. Another of your group, one Blade Eloy, has also signed in, and went directly for the sauna."

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Almighty Dragon or Concerned Parent?

Ralsvelgr Idreis, eldest of dragons, archduke of Zreiya, and one of the most respected --and feared-- individuals on Xensat, entered his study, closing the door behind him. It was quite the burden to bear, constantly under pressure to be the study rock amidst the tides of chaos; however, alone in his study, he was none of those things. As he sat down in his chair he tried to relax, resting his bronze claws on the armrests as he leaned back and let out a deep sigh. Normally, this late at night, he'd pull out a book to read from his collection or maybe take out his pipe if he hadn't decided to sleep. Tonight, though, saw him pull out a map of Xensat as he had done the night before.

Near noon of yesterday, word had reached him that Xalrei had gone missing, along with three dragonewts. With how the war was going, it was suspected that they'd left for Vaia. Knowing Xalrei, those suspicions were likely true. The girl was as hotheaded and headstrong as her mother had been at that age. If only she understood just how precarious her position was she might exercise more restraint. Though he wanted to more than anything else to chase after her and bring her home, his responsibilities as archduke of Zreiya prevented him from taking action. The uproar it would've caused if he'd abandoned his post would have done too much damage. The more war-hungry dragons would've taken it as him flying off to battle and would have moved accordingly. His hands were tied, in that regard. 

All he could do, personally, was follow her movements thanks to the tracking magic on the signet ring he'd given her. She'd be furious if she ever learned the truth behind that, but the peace it afforded him was well worth whatever scolding he'd receive. He'd spent much of last night watching the map, even after it was clear she'd come to a rest for the night. And he was glad that he had, for around midnight she'd suddenly started moving again, much faster than before. He suspected what the cause had been, but at least she'd survived. That had given him peace enough to get some sleep, restless though it was. Today, she was heading south of the capital. Just what have you gotten yourself into, Xalrei? A knock at the door tore his attention away from the map. "Come in," his voice was a low rumble, like the sound of a distant thunderstorm.

Permission given, Dorian opened the door and stepped into the study, bowing deeply to Ralsvelgr before straightening himself and moving onto business. "Laselia has returned, sir. She's in the foyer currently, waiting for your summons. Shall I send her up?"

"Yes, but return here as well. There is much we have to discuss." Ralsvergr returned to his map, wiping the tiredness out of his eyes and stifling a yawn. There would be time for sleep later, once he was sure Xalrei was safe.

"By your leave, sir." Another bow and Dorian was out, softly shutting the door behind him. The halls were dimly lit, the time for sleep having passed at least an hour ago. This bothered him none, his vision unimpaired by the dark. He moved swiftly, navigating the halls with practiced ease until he arrived in the foyer in record time. Normally there was little need for such urgency, but these were hardly normal circumstances. "Laselia," he greeted the naga with a shallow bow, "Ralsvelgr has requested your presence. Please, follow me."

Assassination jobs. Always assassination jobs. Laselia hoped that, for once, her work would include espionage, perhaps thievery, things she was equally skilled in, adept and good at... But no. 'Here's another face in Khach causing trouble. Eliminate him'. 'Here's a target living out in the wilderness between countries, kill him and steal the relic he has in his possession.' 'A man in Vaia has started spreading heinous lies about the King, remove him'.

She was all very tired of it.

When Dorian approached, she'd been idly studying a tome she'd found on her last mission, peeking up at him past the edges of the book, before closing it and stuffing it into her robes. Her teal hair lazily hung around her shoulders, hiding the purple scales that crept onto the corners of her face. Tail starting to slowly slither towards him, she held herself low, and short, staring up at the taller werewolf. He wasn't in that form, but he was still rather tall.

"What is it this time, Dorian? Another person to kill?"

"No, not this time." Dorian shook his head as he began to lead Laselia back, his pace still hurried. He doubted she'd have any trouble keeping up even if he broke into a sprint. Laselia was quick; she needed to be for the work Raslvelgr constantly assigned her. Often, he wondered who would win in a fight, himself or Laselia. Both were skilled, but she had the advantage of experience and, of course, that tail of hers. Hopefully, he'd never have to find out.

"I'll let him explain the finer details, but it seems as though the little miss has entered her rebellious phase." He joked for a bit of levity, but the situation was really rather dire. If the church caught wind of this... Perhaps they already have? That was a chilling thought. The following shiver that ran through him caused him to misstep, but he managed to catch himself. If he hadn't, he'd have slammed into the door of the study. A break in his image of an immaculate butler, but perhaps that would help drive home the seriousness of the situation to Laselia. From what he'd seen of his master, Ralsvelgr was fairing even worse.

"Ahem." As he brought his first to the door, he cleared his throat as if to sweep his blunder under the rug. With a light rap on the door, he announced their presence to his master. "I've brought Laselia, sir."

"You may enter," Ralsvelgr answered. From the sound of his voice, it was clear that the elder dragon was tired. A break in his, often criticized, stoney disposition was rarer than some of the treasures in his hoard.

"Shall we?" Opening the door and stepping inside, Dorian held the door for Laselia.

"Really?" Laselia perked up immediately, hurriedly following after Dorian. The little miss had to be Xalrei, had she done something stupid? Stupid enough to need her to follow after the girl? "What is it? What had she done?" Laselia was keeping pace with Dorian, leaning around him, trying to get an answer out of him as to what the heck had gone on. He wasn't opening up, but that was probably something he was leaving for Rals...

Speaking of... He sounded very tired. Time to make him feel better, then. "Rals!" she barked as she entered, sliding right up to him, "whatever it is, I accept." There. Straight to the point. It sounded so clearly like it wouldn't involved killing anyone, and some trailing was just what she could use, right now.

"While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you haven't even heard any of the details of this assignment." Laselia volunteering herself for the task had raised his spirits, clearing away at least one of his worries. Though, for her to be so eager... Just what did Dorian tell her? His gaze shifted over to his butler at the thought, eyes demanding an answer.

Feeling Ralsvelgr's gaze upon him, Dorian answered his master with a knowing smile as he shut the door. "I merely told her that Xalrei has entered her rebellious phase in full force, sir. Whatever she worked out from that? I've no idea." Whatever she had, well, it had certainly lit a fire under her. All for the better, really.

Ralsvelgr's sighed, shaking his head as he brought up a claw to rub his temples. Dorian was being his usual self, for better or worse. While the situation certainly called for seriousness, and Ralsvelgr would've preferred his butler to be straightforward now of all times, Dorian doing his best to maintain the status quo was relieving in its own way. Straightening up in his chair, the elder dragon cleared his throat and directed his employees' attention to the map laid out on his desk, a golden scale slowly moving south from Attisio, towards Narvi.

"That," his claw moved, hovering over the scale, "is where Xalrei is right now. She took off early yesterday morning; I wasn't informed until she was too far gone for anyone other than myself to have a chance at intercepting her. Last night," his expression twisted into a snarl as he lost his temper. His claw, balled into a fist, slammed down on his desk, rattling the mix of books, papers, and knickknacks on the desk. "She was likely attacked by the church's assassins. Those damn vermin... How did they know?" Would they not rest until they had taken everything from him? He paused to collect himself; losing his temper like he had would not make this situation any better. After a few moments, he continued.

"She fled west, toward's Vaia's capital. I do not know what became of her there, or what she has gotten herself involved in since. Likely, she still does not realize just how much danger she's in. That's why I'm sending you two, yes you as well Dorian, after her. I don't want you to watch from a distance, or even to bring her home." Somehow the church knew Xalrei had left his protection and had been poised to strike. Bringing her home could prove to be more dangerous than letting her remain in Vaia. "I want you to find her and guard her with your lives. Ensure that she is able to finish whatever it is that she's started." He rose from his seat, towering over the other two monsters in the room. "Have I made myself clear?"

Dorian was, for the most part, flabbergasted that Ralsvelgr was sending him after the wayward miss as well. For once, he'd been left speechless.

"Yes, sir." Laselia saluted and waited at attention for further orders. Honestly, this was a huge break for her. That Xalrei was still alive was incredibly good for the sake of Xensat at a whole. If she had actually been killed by those church assassins, Rals would've gone on a rampage. A fully transformed elder dragon rampage... Coteon would've been destroyed, with Hwein and Vaia lucky to have come out still standing... And that was all assuming that Coteon hadn't found a way to deal with an elder dragon. That hero's sword was surely something ridiculous, and if they could pull out other tricks like it... Even Ralsvelgr's life would be in danger against them.

So, this? Escorting the girl around, and making sure no one touched her, so that absolute calamity didn't befall the continent? Laselia had zero issues in accepting this mission, and would've already been off, if she wasn't sure Rals had more to tell the both of them. "Dorian, say yes. Let's get this on, already." Her tail was waggling in anticipation, the end of it sliding against the floor, clearly belying the stone faced stare she was hitting their leader with. That, and... Xalrei was something of a daughter to her, despite her station. She'd been taking care of the girl for as long as she'd been working for Rals, so being able to directly watch over her... She'd want nothing else.

"A-Ah, yes, of course! I accept this mission, sir." Dorian joined Laselia in her salute, standing unnecessarily rigid. "I apologize for my delay."

With that, Ralsvelgr was satisfied. Now he could continue. "I've already sent a messenger ahead to an old acquaintance of mine in Vaia. If anyone in all of Xensat knows where Xalrei is headed, it would be that woman. For the sake of security, I've written out the rest of your orders." He retrieved a scroll from his desk, handing it to Laselia. "I needn't tell you what to do, but perhaps you could teach Dorian the proper procedure. He could use the field experience. Now go, you are dismissed."

"Bye your leave, sir." Entirely on autopilot, Dorian moved to the door, holding it open for Laselia. "After you." 

"Sir yes sir." Without a moment's hesitation, Laselia left the room with Dorian in tow. "Here's proper procedure. We follow her, we rendezvous with her, and then we trail after her, either directly if she allows it, or a few steps behind if she says we have to leave. On top of that, if any," she hissed, "stupid idiot from the church, from Vaia, from Hwein, I don't care from where, tries to kill her. We end them. You got that, Dorian? Much as I'm glad this isn't a direct assassination mission, I will destroy any fool that decides it's in their best interests to harm Xalrei. That girl's gone through enough already..."

Laselia had to grab her things from her room, which would leave Dorian to himself for a moment. Before disappearing to do so, she turned her torso around with a little spin, sliding up to his height level, and staring him down. "Any questions?"

Dorian followed after Laselia, nodding along as the assassin explained their mission. It was nothing he wasn't familiar with; before Xalrei had run off to the officer's academy he was her personal bodyguard, on top of his other duties. The only thing different would be where he would be performing those duties. "Perfectly." Although a bit rusty, he was quite confident he could handle anyone aiming for the little miss' life. Especially so if he was going to be working together with Laselia.

It was a bit intimidating how Laselia could rise to his height like that. "Just one. What should I bring? Specifics, if you could. I know the general needs, but I've never left the manse with this sort of task in mind."

"Your weapons, your supplies, and... A normal set of clothing, Dorian." A hefty sigh followed, Laselia getting in his face again. "You always wear that damn butler getup wherever we go! We're supposed to be trailing and protecting her inconspicuously. This is the MOST conspicuous you could get! If you don't bring something normal, at least ONE thing, I'm ditching you as soon as I can, and finding her myself." With a huff, at the butler's unfortunate choice of clothing, she turned and went off to her quarters. She had her own implements to pack.

Dorian winced under Laselia's verbal assault. "I've told you this before, but I simply do not feel right when I'm not in uniform." He'd been in service to house Idreis so long, things like his suit had nearly become part of his identity. "But if you insist..." He shook his head and sighed. "I will bring more 'normal' clothes. You have my word." With Laselia herself heading off to pack, Dorian followed suite and returned to his room to prepare as well.

-----------------------------------

His subordinates dismissed, and likely decently away from his study, Ralsvelgr nearly collapsed into his chair. He leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. Hopefully Dorian and Laselia would be enough to keep Xalrei alive. If anything happened to her-- If yet another of his priceless treasures was snatched away from him... He didn't know what he would do. He couldn't even bear the thought.

He sat up straight and stared at the map for a moment, intently watching the scale until it seemed to come to a stop for the night. He yawned, bringing a claw up to cover his mouth despite the lack of company. I really should try to get some sleep. But first... After a paranoid look around the room, Ralvelgr opened one of the many drawers of his desk and withdrew an old dusty key from a hidden compartment within. That key fit none of the drawers on his desk; however, it did fit a hole on the back corner of the desk. First, a 90 degree turn clockwise, then a 270 degree turn counterclockwise, and finally another 90 degree turn clockwise.

With a near-silent click, a compartment opened on the underside of the desk. From that compartment, Ralsvelgr retrieved a framed painting he'd commissioned long ago. A painting of three dragons standing in a courtyard, a mother, a father, and their child. The parents both smiled as they each held one of the child's claws, the child had a wide grin herself. Cradling the framed painting with a gentleness rarely seen from the elder dragon, he brought it out into the light and delicately placed it on top of his desk. He stared longingly at his treasure, recalling treasured memories. Xalrei, please be safe. For her sake.

Well, if Laselia didn't intend to take Xalrei away, then there wasn't too much of an issue to be had. Their business concluded with the armourer, and with Marina and Taliyah already outside... and alone no less, Nessraya felt her attention was best placed elsewhere.

"Well Xalrei, I'm certain that you and... mommy~, have much catching up to do. I'm going to make sure our little pair of misfits don't get themselves into trouble with the townsfolk... do join us when you're satisfied with your reunion." Nessraya teased, opening the door with her tail and floating outside, just in time to see Taliyah handing Marina one of the pieces of sturdy coinage, and handing her a chunk of sad backstory to boot... well, things like that were all too common for half-breeds, after all.

"There there, the both of you. You haven't caused any trouble, M- Cianna. And Taliyah, I've no intention of tossing such an adorable little thing aside, come now. Unfortunately... that is how things are here in Vaia. Human visitors are rare, rarer still with the Church back to it's active business... humans, or half-humans as you saw, are viewed with distrust at best, and... violence at worst, in times of hardship or with certain individuals. This is the discord the Church has sown... why these wounds are so difficult to heal."

The transaction would have been enough had the elf cashier not insisted in whisking Agni's arm for a moment to tell him a warning. How rude. "The Demon King is named Thesephine. It matters not if you don't believe me, however." With his arm free again, he set out for a changing room. "I wouldn't call it a mutual agreement, but I have a mission to complete lest I be turned to stone. I would, still, prefer to not be spotted as a human so easily, as you are sure to understand. So, without further ado..." The need to get that word in over, he retreated into the room, taking a good moment to adjust himself in his new clothes.